PDA

View Full Version : Get Nasty

Firefist
05-31-09, 3:13 pm
It's been 1 year and 5 months since I've started on this life long road. The stretchmarks on my body and callouses on my hands tell stories of my work. I started at 125 pounds, and today, I am knocking on the door of 200. With one more week too go in the bulking phase, I will reach 200 pounds by Monday June 8th. For this next week, it will all be documentation on everything I do. Afterwards, I start 3 weeks of life with iron and a can of animal cuts, on a journey that I'd like to call, GET NASTY.

If you know me from the ABC's and such, then you must know how much this all means to me. I love this so much, I can't even describe it. When I am at the gym, I am home. I train high volume, heavy weight, and high intensity, every day. I believe in Kai Greene's words "Fuck overtraining". I may not beat you in size or strength, but I'll make damn sure that I beat you with my intensity.

Before I end this informal introduction, I'd like to thank the ABC animals that I've trained with, the Get Nasty crew, the FORVM and Animal/Universal for all the advise and kind words I've gotten. Tommorow is waiting. As always,

Happy lifting!

Vaze_06
05-31-09, 3:37 pm
sick progress bro... 200 will be yours
im in

Big C
05-31-09, 3:43 pm
In for this one.......you're my boy Alex.

Firefist
06-01-09, 9:10 am
sick progress bro... 200 will be yours
im in

thanks vaze, ill be working and eating especially large for this week! much appreciated!

In for this one.......you're my boy Alex.

haha thanks C, as are you buddy, as are you. Showin them what the ohio animals got!

today is back, abs, traps, and pumping bi's.

Happy lifting!

Firefist
06-01-09, 12:20 pm
Good stuff today, i was too tired to pump up the bi's at the end. here we go...

Warmup- chins/wide grip pulls. 10,10,10,10.

bent rows-
135x15, 135x15, 185x12, 225x12, 225x12, 225x10.

jailhouse rows- never done em before, good God, thats some good stuff. I tested the waters before i went into it. definitely going to go heavier next time!
1px15, 3px15, 4px12, 4px12, 5px10, 5px10

wide grip/reverse grip pulldowns-
180 3x8-10 and 200 3x8

standing cable rows-
3x15, 12, 10 going heavier each set.

bb shrugs-
5x10 just 225 with a big squeeze at the top.

giant set abs-
rope crunches- 3x12
oblique twists with a 45lb plate- 3x25-30
london bridge- 3x20

the pump was exellent.

food for today-
-pre/intra/post-supreme bar, shock therapy, intraaid, 40g whey
-post meal-steak, eggs, potatoes, onions, cheddar cheese, bbq sauce into a scramble.
-leftovers of the post meal (i make a huge skillet of it.)
-whey shake with pancake mix
-rice, brocolli, basil chicken
-whey shake with poptarts
-dinner with family
-2 jimmie johns vito subs
-casein shake, glutamine.

that's usually what I eat every day.

pak pre workout, uniliver with meals.

pretty much, as long as i get my calories in for the day, anything else is game. sure it sounds wrong and maybe a little ignorant, but the way i see it, im bulking so jimmy johns it is. another 750-1000 cals. mmmmmm.....maybe ill have some ice cream too.

im gonna go make that scramble now. thanks for visiting, and as always...

Happy lifting!

Refuge
06-01-09, 12:49 pm
Bro. I follow you completely on being pumped on how far you come. We have similiar stories. I started out at 125 myself a few years back. I'm aiming to hit 200's by the end of the summer. Stay strong, eat big. We're all here watching and supporting.

Firefist
06-02-09, 11:29 am
Bro. I follow you completely on being pumped on how far you come. We have similiar stories. I started out at 125 myself a few years back. I'm aiming to hit 200's by the end of the summer. Stay strong, eat big. We're all here watching and supporting.

thanks man! well both get there!

Big C
06-02-09, 11:44 am
Good workout Alex.....very solid and to the point, the bb rows and jailhouse rows will really add some thickness to your back. Like the meal plan too!

I start PTA classes at Stark tonight and I gotta see what this Jimmy Johns is all about. I'm stopping there after class.

Firefist
06-02-09, 11:47 am
Chest/shoulders/calves today.

bb incline press
135x15, 135x15, 155x12, 155x12, 175x8, 175x7, 180x6, 180x5

hammerstrength decline
2pps for 5 sets of 12-15, + 25lb for 5 sets of 6-8

SUPERSET WITH

standing calve raises
135x25, 125x25, 225x20, 225x20, 6 sets of 315x15

standing strict shoulder press
90x15, 90x12, 100x8, 100x8, 110x5, 100x8

SUPERSET WITH

upright rows for each sssp
10, 10, 6, 6, 5, 6.

Lateral raises
3 sets of 12

SUPERSET WITH

Front raises
3 sets of 10

lots of volume, lots of reps. lots of food for today, i just bought 2 packs of flank steaks and 10 pounds of chicken yesterday.

happy lifting!

J Wong
06-02-09, 11:51 am
Nice work bro.

Big C
06-02-09, 12:25 pm
Damn bro solid chest/shoulder session..........killed it. That's what combo I'm doing right now I basically just rotate between a chest and shoulder exercise with a superset thrown in here and there.

Did you see what I said about the Jimmy Johns in that post above?

Firefist
06-02-09, 12:44 pm
Damn bro solid chest/shoulder session..........killed it. That's what combo I'm doing right now I basically just rotate between a chest and shoulder exercise with a superset thrown in here and there.

Did you see what I said about the Jimmy Johns in that post above?
thanks man, haha yeah its a better version of subway kinda. its fresher, better quality i guess. its not bad at all.

Nice work bro.

thanks man.

Firefist
06-03-09, 11:37 am
Bodybuilding is a life long lesson, and today, i learned firsthand, the hard way....

today was legs, yes legs, every two weeks i do them, and every 4th week, i do them hard. todays that 4th week. but today, i decided that i was superman and could do arms afterwards. here we go....

squats (essential)
135x15, 135x15, 225x12, 225x12, 275x6, 275x6, 315x5, 315x5 (those last two were hella hard for some reason. kept the weight on and did...

box squats (parrallel)
315x7, 315x7, 330x6 (i used to rep this on regular squats for 6, so my strength has decreased a little, but my upper body is finally catching up!)

hack squats
3 pps for 3x6

heres a new one, i call em crazy 88's. perfect for a burnout. isolation machine, single leg, 8 reps on the right, 8 reps on the left for 8 sets, NONSTOP. the pump is killer. hold that contraction!

leg extensions
crazy 88's

hamstring curls
crazy 88's

heres where the workout goes downhill.....i was tired as fuck and there was no reason to keep on going but i did for some dumb reason.

barbell curls
3x8

cbmp using an ez bar.
3x8

weighted dips (heres the life lesson)
bodyweightx15, 45x12, 70x2***, 70x8, 70x8

***on this particular set, on the second rep, i literally passed out while i pushed up. i just lost control over my body and i dropped like bricks. luckily, there was a box under me to catch the weight, and my feet landed on the ground and i woke up. scariest thing ever. I gave it a 5 minute break and went back at it. In hindsight, my stupid ass should have left the gym then and there. lesson 1- listen to your body. lesson 2- never attempt to do arms after legs. lesson 3- practice common sense. lesson 4- I am not clark kent.

hammer curl ss. with extensions

3x8 with 3x8

done and the shittiest ive felt in a long while. not physically because i passed out, but mentally because my stupid ass decided to keep on going with the workout. anyways, lesson learned.

i am going back to a single muscle group a day scheme next week and im probably going to bulk for another week. The only reason i even want to cut is to fit into a suit that i bought last year. the only time i wore it was at the shop trying it on, and a few weeks ago to see if id fit; i barely did. so im just tapering off a bit to be able to wear the damn thing at least once before i give it away. I dont have the funds to go out and buy another suit right now.

anyways, happy lifting, and please be smarter than me. haha.

J Wong
06-03-09, 11:44 am
Crazy leg workout bro, and at least you know you were training hard haha.

Why do you only do legs once every two weeks?

Big C
06-03-09, 12:04 pm
Bro that is an awesome work.......and scary at the end at the same time. I've never done that but came close. It's weird as shit. I usually go for a walk in the cool hallway if I am feeling lightheaded. Glad you are OK man.

Can't wait to see you on the 14th like I said the gym is a little tricky to find since it's around back and it's a bookstore out front but let me know if u have any problems.

I have legs today too and you gave me some ideas with the 88s.

Firefist
06-03-09, 12:12 pm
Crazy leg workout bro, and at least you know you were training hard haha.

Why do you only do legs once every two weeks?

thanks bro. haha legs are my favorite day.

when i started training, my gym teacher who got me into it only had me squatting and deadlifting for the first few months, (i benched on my own time), so those numbers shot up real quick and i got thick legs from that. i was going to do a powerlifting comp, when i realized at 165, i had pretty soild lifts on dl and squat with 415 and 405, but a piss poor bench. i dont even want to say what it was......yeah that opened my eyes up a bit to training everything equally. i decide to go into bodybuilding and the first thing the group that i train with now said was, holy shit, your legs make your whole body look tiny. so i decided to tone down the intensity of the legs for my upper body to catch up. dont get me wrong, leg day is my favorite day, but id really like to have matching parts more than anything.

Big C
06-03-09, 12:14 pm
Hey bro just another quick suggestion....if you are going a bit heavier on BB squats like you did, keep your warmups like 5-6 reps and go nice and slow. Like you did 15, 15 reps with 135 and 12 with 225....keep it to 5 reps with all those sets that way you can go higher reps on your 315 work sets and it won't be as tiring! Just a though man it's helped me tremendously.

My other squat workout is usually higher reps.....like 225 x 20 for 3-4 sets which I think you commented on in my thread not too long ago!!! Good luck and rest up!

Firefist
06-03-09, 12:14 pm
Bro that is an awesome work.......and scary at the end at the same time. I've never done that but came close. It's weird as shit. I usually go for a walk in the cool hallway if I am feeling lightheaded. Glad you are OK man.

Can't wait to see you on the 14th like I said the gym is a little tricky to find since it's around back and it's a bookstore out front but let me know if u have any problems.

I have legs today too and you gave me some ideas with the 88s.

haha thanks C, yeah scary as all hell. never again haha. will do, ill map it out and if i got questions ill ask, thanks!

and yeah, JJ's is good, but id like to see some wheat bread action.

Firefist
06-03-09, 12:16 pm
Hey bro just another quick suggestion....if you are going a bit heavier on BB squats like you did, keep your warmups like 5-6 reps and go nice and slow. Like you did 15, 15 reps with 135 and 12 with 225....keep it to 5 reps with all those sets that way you can go higher reps on your 315 work sets and it won't be as tiring! Just a though man it's helped me tremendously.

My other squat workout is usually higher reps.....like 225 x 20 for 3-4 sets which I think you commented on in my thread not too long ago!!! Good luck and rest up!

Ah....gotcha, yeah im definitely going to do that next time! haha hopefully my numbers will be back to normal again with that!

Firefist
06-04-09, 5:56 pm
***on a side note i may have effed up my tricep with those dips, i felt a slight strain in it when i was putting my weights back. ill see how it feels tommmorow and if it even is painful to a slight touch then it will be all flyes and raises for tommorow, with abs and calves.

back and traps today and it was nice to go back to YSU. the staff is really cool there and they let me do whatever i want. (i can take my intra aid into the gym, when theres only water allowed. not much of a perk it may seem, but boy does that mean alot to me. i can deadlift and clean when the sign says no olympic lifts, etc.) but the biggest reason that i went back to YSU today was to get away from the "high school heros". you know, those kids who were big shots back in highschool and dont ammount to anything nowadays. A few of them were talking behind my back making up stuff and saying i was on all this shit that ive never even heard of, and how thats how i got bigger. really ticks me off, but hey, what can you do?

Warmups pulls/chins
4 sets of 10 alternating.

bent over rows (ON THE SMITH WITH TWO STEPPING PLATFORMS) i chose to do this to switch it up, and i feel the pump more, i can squeeze harder at the top. its good to switch things up. btw, i took big c's advise on the warmups and i was truckin like mad, i should have used a freeweight bb to see how much of a difference it made. I will next week.

warmups to 225 using 6 slow reps each, 225x8, 225x8, 245x6 easy, 265 easy, 275x6, 275x6, 295x5. i know the smith helps, but i really think ima be moving some serious weight from now on with the regular bb rows.

deadlifts (lighter, my lower back hurt a few days ago from sleeping on a couch...)
135x8, 225x8, 225x8, 275x8, 315x8

widegrip pulldowns
4x6 at 160, 180, 200, 210

reverse grip s.s. with seated rows (rows were lighter and focused on the contraction)
3x6 at 200 s.s. 3x15

house shrugs
135x 10,10,10, 185x 10,10,10, 225x10,10,10

bb shrugs
225x12, 315x8, 315x8 (i think i need to rethink how im doing these, i dont use very much weight at all, no straps either, and i may be too worried about form and stuff. im going heavier next week with straps and all BUT STILL FOCUSED ON FORM!!!)

standing cable rows (burnout)
stackx25 TOO EASY!, stack+25x20 TOO EASY!, stack+45x15, stack+45+10x15, stack+45+25x12.

alot less volume than I usually do, but i felt satisfied with my work. It was a solid day to lift, and afterwards, i was the guinea pig in my freinds Prac 3 project for the excercise science major. fuck cardio....now i get to make up an extra 120 calories yum....

hope everything is going great for everyone,

Happy lifting!

MrMuscles22
06-04-09, 6:01 pm
Nice strong sessions Alex! I'm subbed bro!

J Wong
06-04-09, 6:06 pm
"alot less volume than I usually do"

Damn, seemed like a lot of volume to me haha. Keep on killing it.

Big C
06-04-09, 7:50 pm
Bro that was an intense workout.....I haven't done House shrugs or BB rows on Smith in what seems like forever. i need to switch it up more. Your workouts are put together and well thought you bro.....props to you.

Wish I could use you as my lifting partner on a daily basis.....I think we could knock around some good weight.

Firefist
06-05-09, 9:37 am
Nice strong sessions Alex! I'm subbed bro!
Thanks brad! Glad to haveyou onboard.

"alot less volume than I usually do"

Damn, seemed like a lot of volume to me haha. Keep on killing it.
haha thanks man, i gues high volume is the only way i know how to lift.

Bro that was an intense workout.....I haven't done House shrugs or BB rows on Smith in what seems like forever. i need to switch it up more. Your workouts are put together and well thought you bro.....props to you.

Wish I could use you as my lifting partner on a daily basis.....I think we could knock around some good weight.

thanks C! yeah that would be badass! well destroy an abc soon enough!

Firefist
06-05-09, 2:04 pm
today was a good day on a few points. It started shitty cause i didnt have a car this morning, so i had to bike to the gym, which i forgot closed at 12 and opened later at 4. get there a little late, but my bro who runs the place is cool and lets a few of us stay later. Not alot of people there today, just the way i like it. I warmed up properly for the first time in a long time with that bike ride, and i felt alot better on my lifts. which is the next thing, i warmed up properly like big c said for my incline today, my negatives were so slowed and control on my working sets and i just felt my chest take the bulk of the work like no other.

incline bb
135x6, 155x6, 155x6, 175x6, 185x6 easy, 185x6 easy, 190x6, 195x6, 200x5, 190x5, 185x5, 155x10, 135x10.

hammerstrength decline press
2 ppsx12, +10 for 3 sets of 10, +25 for 2 sets of 5

Standing bb press s.s with standing calf raises.
90x12, 90x12, 110x6, 110x6, 110x6
225x12, 277x12, 315x12, 365x12, 405x12. (with a few fast ones at the end of every strict 12)

lateral raise/front raise superset.
3x12 and 3x12

my triceps were fine on the pressing, but as soon as i tried a rope pushdown, gah.... so i just did it for the pump. EXTREMELY LIGHT ON THESE.

rope pushdowns
3x8

reverse grip bar pushdowns
3x8.

a good ending to a good week, i think i may start the 6 am workouts again to get away from the other people. I just feel more in tune when I am training alone in a gym, or with people that care as much as i do. Hope everyones training is going well. im eating homemade bbq pulled pork, which is extremely good and perfect for my bulking, WHICH I AM CONTINUING FOR ANOTHER WEEK, just to make sure that I am indeed 200 and not just water.

Happy lifting!

Vaze_06
06-05-09, 11:05 pm
good call on the bb shrugs, i like it heavy too. well done

Firefist
06-08-09, 1:22 pm
good call on the bb shrugs, i like it heavy too. well done

yup, went heavier today, hopefully they get sore.

Firefist
06-08-09, 1:37 pm
first day of cuts, i dont know how to describe it. i guess its like you are in a sauna 24/7 haha. it was kinda an off day for me, i dont know what happened. the energy was all there and my head was like "LETS DO THIS SHIT!!!!" but my body wasnt listening. probably due to my bad sleep last night, people at parties calling me at 3 in the morning, drunk off thier rockers....anyways...

back day with abs.

Bent over rows for some reason, this shit felt extremely heavy today. lets hope this trend does not continue.... warmup, 225x8, 225x8, 245x8, 255x6, 265x6, 225x10, 225x8

jailhouse rows- again, heavy as fuck for some reason.
3 platesx10, 4platesx10, 5platesx10, 5p+25x8 (form was shitty on the last few), 5platesx8, 5platesx8

widegrip pulldowns,
4 sets of 140, 160, 180, 200, for 8,8,8,6

reverse grip
3 sets of 200 for 6.

t bar rows (light) superset with shrugs.
2 platesx15 and 405-455x4-6 for 4 sets.

standing cable rows
stackx15 for 3 sets.

abs giant set. 3 sets.
rope crunchesx12
london bridgex25
45 lb oblique twistsx25

cardio
Interval training, to be honest, i was so fucked up by this time, i couldnt tell you what scheme i was following. i started at 3.5 for a minute and then ran at 8.5 for a minute, and then to 5 and then ran at 7.5 for 2 minutes, and then from there it was just me gassing myself out high and low. did this for 20 minutes and it looked like i got out of a pool.

diet is gonna be a real pain in my ass, i love eating sooooooooo much. im gonna have a high carb day at the end of each week.

hopefully i get my shit together and get some solid stuff going soon, i miss food already. boiled egg whites and some broccolli yay.

happy lifting!

Firefist
06-09-09, 1:39 pm
started that single body part thing this week. chest today. i still dont know what to think about cuts. Sometimes i think to myself, fuck this shit, why do i feel like shit right now ( oh wait, i barely have carbs everyday) and then after i finished cardio today, i looked in the mirror, and holy shit, i see a boxlike thing where my gut is. too good to be true? who knows. all i know is that i sweat like crazy. yesterdays chris weber throwback that i wore when working out is STILL wet. yeah....

the only carbs i get during the day are pretty much pre/intra/post and then some brocolli. im getting adjusted to it i guess.

incline press
135x6, 155x6, 175x8, 185x8, 185x8, 185x8, 185x7, 185x7 drop 135x12

hammer decline
2pps for 3 sets of 10,8,9, +25 for 2 sets of 5,6 (it was light for the first few reps and then damn, the last few were heavy)

incline db press (havent done this in a while, but on this schedule i can kill my chest.
75's for 3x 7,7,8 (heavy as hell, oh wait, i just did like 15 sets already haha)

db flyes superset with standing calf raises.
3x 12 with 45's
s.s.
3x15-20 with 365

pumped up some standing military as i was waiting for the cable crossover

fst-7 low cables

10 minutes on the eliptical, 15 minute bikeride home, 15 minute jog around the neigborhood.

i may need to cut down on my sets now that i am low carb. opinions?

my protien intake is through the roof, i get in 3-4 35-40 gram whey shakes, plus my daily food meals, plus my 40 g casien shake, pop uniliver like its my job, so im pretty good in that department. Im not cutting out red meat. its the only joy i have left haha.

im not stepping on that scale at all, cause no matter what i weigh in 3 weeks, its not gonna be that precious 200 pounds...=( as soon as this cutting bullshit is over, im gonna get to 210!!!!!!!

Happy lifting!

Firefist
06-10-09, 2:41 pm
the other way around for this week, arms (havent really done a real specific arm day in a while), and then rep out on the legs.

warmup with various extensions

weighted dips (ugh, chest was still fried from yesterday, anyone who says you dont use much chest in dips is cleary mistaken.)
bwx10, bwx10, 45x8, 45x8, 45+25x8, 45+25x5(wtf..), 45+25x8, 2 45's for 2 sets of 6,5.

Skull crushers (olympic bar) s.s. with ezbar (close)curls
barx10, 65x8, 65x8, 85x8, 85x8, 95x8, 95x7, 105x5 burnout with cgbp for 17
65x10, 65x10, 85x10, 85x10, 85x8, 105x6+2 cheat, 105x6+4 fast cheats, 85x12

reverse grip pressdowns s.s with alternating curls.
3x10
3x20 (10 each)

squatting action
mini century set squats (crazy spur of the moment idea) with 10's (pussy weight haha, but not really.....)
1 ppsx10, 2ppsx20, 3ppsx30, 4ppsx40 (kinda shitty right now, i may have half assed the last few reps), 5 ppsx32 pause, then finish.

smith squats for 1 set with 45's for 50. (my favorite!)

my legs were WAAAAAY more pumped than my arms were. cardio today was 10 minutes on the eliptical, then 20 minute jog around the block.

happy lifting!

Vaze_06
06-11-09, 12:31 am
nice sessions
i wanted to PM u about your name and ask u why ... but i read your sig... hehehe im just kidding!

Big C
06-11-09, 10:49 am
Good shit Alex. Workouts looking well designed. So are you cutting now?

Did you get my answer about the T-bar rows I posted in my journey? If not I will pm you.

Firefist
06-11-09, 1:54 pm
nice sessions
i wanted to PM u about your name and ask u why ... but i read your sig... hehehe im just kidding!

hahaha, funny. thanks!

Good shit Alex. Workouts looking well designed. So are you cutting now?

Did you get my answer about the T-bar rows I posted in my journey? If not I will pm you.

thanks man, yeah i got the answer, and its good to do em that way i think cause not only am i pulling upwards, but backwards to get those lower lats involved( at least in theory haha).

yeah, sadly i am cutting. i just dont have the money for another suit right now. got that shit taylored in asia, and they like making everything nice and slim for people. so its tight in the stomach, and i took out the stitching for the back, so my lats arent splitting the seams haha. and the pants....ugh, i dont want to even go there. i think my legs even grow from the stress of the bent over row position. haha. oh yeah, and theres my mom, who still insists on calling me fat. haha,

Firefist
06-11-09, 2:07 pm
a few things to note. (wow im learning new shit all the time)

my last few workouts have been bittersweet. i feel shitty, and i barely get good pumps anymore, but im putting up bigger numbers. this can only atribute to a few things; caring to much about the weight and not the contraction, and my lack of carbs..... i think my body likes higher reps, and lately, ive been doing the rep range of around 6... next week im gonna try that 8-12 again and see what happens. hmmm.....or maybe its cause i havent cycled off of my preworkout supps....eh, well see. back and traps.

bent over rows (im gonna start doing one arms again, plateaued on this im pretty sure, ive started my workouts with these for waaaaaay to long. i also need to add some deadlifts back in more often.)
135x8, 185x8, 185x8, 185x8, 225x8 dropset 135x12. (alot less than i usually do)

jailhouse rows (less weight, held the contraction)
3 platesx10, 4 platesx10 for 3 sets.

wide pulldowns
3x8

reverse grip
4x8

standing cable rows
4x15 at 180

assisted pullups (SLOW) superset with shrugs
3x8
3x8 with 405

cardio on the elliptical for 20 minutes, jog for 10 minutes.

oh yeah.....perhaps it may be me overtraining? eh.... too much to think about. lets just see what tommorow is like.

happy lifting!

Firefist
06-12-09, 1:15 pm
real solid workout today. i woke up a little late and i missed a good preworkout meal, however today felt better than the rest of this week, even though those days had solid meals. who knows?

warmup, shoulder press machine

standing military press, i hit a few pr's on this one today superset with static military.
90x8, 100x8, 110x8(pr), 110x8, 110x8
and
35's for 5 sets of 5 (five pumps on each rep and then full)

standing calve raises superset upright rows
6 sets of 15
and
6x12

lateral raise superset front raises
3x12,10,8 (heavier weight)
3x12

ab circuit, this was really hard during the bridges today, at around 15 it was killin me.
rope crunchesx15
45 lb oblique twistsx25
london bridgex25

30 minutes on the eliptical, and thats all she wrote!

Happy lifting!

Firefist
06-15-09, 2:27 pm
turns out the rashes were due to sun poisoning. cuts is working fine. switching it up a bit.

incline bench press
135x8, 135x8, 155x8, 175x8, 185x8, 185x8, 185x8, 185x8 (heavier weight next week!)

decline hammer strength (slow reps)
4 sets of 8

machine bench press (phil heath style)
3 sets of 8

incline flyes superset with static incline bench press
45's for 3x8 and
95 for 3x5 five pumps (with a slow negative on the initial drop)

dips
body weight for 3x12

treadmill working to 6 mph for 10 minutes and then elliptical for 20.

eating is alot easier for me now, these egg whites go down real easy.

shoutout to the akron canton crew, hope yall had a great time at ICG, will be there next time!

happy lifting!

Big C
06-15-09, 7:23 pm
Workouts are pretty impressive in here bro that ain't no lie......STAY STRONG. STAY FOCUSED.

When I miss a meal when I wake up late, I am eating every hour on the hour it seems. It might be food on top of food but unless dieting I can't miss those calories.

See you soon man hope you are enjoying your summer....

Firefist
06-16-09, 2:01 pm
Workouts are pretty impressive in here bro that ain't no lie......STAY STRONG. STAY FOCUSED.

When I miss a meal when I wake up late, I am eating every hour on the hour it seems. It might be food on top of food but unless dieting I can't miss those calories.

See you soon man hope you are enjoying your summer....

thanks big c. haha believe me, after this bullshit cut is done, there are no calories to be missed until i am 210!

today was back, switched things up.

pyramiding pullups,
1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1. pumped like hell, the way down was terribly hard.

one arm rows.
warmup.
4 sets of 100 for 8, 4 sets of 120 for 8, 8, 6, 6 for each hand.

kai green rows

45 for 2 sets of 8, 55 for 1 set of 6 for each hand.

switched up on the pulldowns.
close v bar pulldowns
3 sets of 10 really working on feeling the weight now.

hammer grip pulldowns.
3 sets of 10.

standing cable rows
3 sets of 15.

cardio today was playing soccer, which i am suprisingly getting really good at. kicking 20 yard top 90's like its my job. i just made 20 lean burger patties, which has made me the happiest man in the world. some mrs dash and onion, sooooo good.

happy lifting!

Vaze_06
06-16-09, 6:57 pm
nice foood... lol
and great work out too lol

Firefist
06-17-09, 10:10 pm
uuuuuuugggggghhhhhh....... so tired.....i dont know where even to begin....

wake up in the morning and its legs and REALLY light arms today. to make this post short for my sanity, my workout consisted of 9 (originally 10 but i was fucked out of my mind at 9) sets of squats at 225 for 15 and towards the end a little bit of help to get the last one or two, all parrallel. followed by my crazy 88's and 6 sets of calf raises with 315-405. (yeah im making this hella vague for reasons to be announced). 10 minute break and then triceps consisted of 8x8 skull crushers with the o bar and 2 10's a side. superseted with ez bar curls with the 25s (light because back was yesterday). cardio was an mma drill today, cause i didnt have time to do it later because.....

help my freind move into his new apartment....in the fucking rain. miserable. got most of the shit inside until we tried to get this dresser thing in. i actually got my lifting belt out to deadlift the thing off the ground with good form haha. got it through the main door and up the stairs and shit. and then through the front door....oh wait, we couldnt turn the thing around and get through the front door cause it was too big. spent a good 30 minutes trying to get this thing in, gave up, took it back to the lowes truck and back to his parents. go back to his house and chill. come home around 8.....

first thing i hear is just screaming all over the place, some shit is going down....its coming from the basement. i see my dad in the corner with a broken sump pump. water is going alll over the fucking place. i dont say a word, my day was miserable. legs are shot, back is tired from moving in stuff, i just want to sleep. nope, i go to the garage and get few buckets. im yelling directions to everyone as i run down the steps (ive fixed this damn flooded basement too many times.) mom, hold the sump pump together(it was broken at the tube), dad were doing buckets, mike, start mopping.

its been an hour and a half of just constant torment. im eating and im going to bed. fuck this shit haha.

as shitty as the day has been though...

happy lifting!

Big C
06-17-09, 10:29 pm
Sup Alex....if it makes you feel any better my AC in my house broke down and I was sweating bullets. We had a lot of storms and three tornado warnings throughout the day.

That sounded like a bad ass workout though man...you are definately getting "nasty" !!!

Firefist
06-19-09, 1:10 pm
Sup Alex....if it makes you feel any better my AC in my house broke down and I was sweating bullets. We had a lot of storms and three tornado warnings throughout the day.

That sounded like a bad ass workout though man...you are definately getting "nasty" !!!

yeah this ohio weather is just ugh....haha you know the drill.

yesterday, i took off. To be honest, i cant remember if ive ever taken a day off, ever. but yesterday when i woke up, my body just said, hey fuck you. so i listened to it, against my will, i took it off, actually went out to eat yesterday, CHILI'S. the waitress looked at me like i was fucked in the head. my buddies order ribs, quesadillas and a burger, i ask her, um can i get 3-4 chicken breasts, just grilled and do you have steamed brocolli? haha it was good, no butter, no crispy shit.

today was a very simple chest workout.

db flat press.
70x8, 70x8, 85x8, 85x8, 85x8, 85x8, 85x8, 85x6 (goal was 8x8) pretty close!

BB incline (chest was pretty fucked so i didnt see 25's on the sides like usual.
135x8, 135x8, 155x8, 155x8, 175x6, 175x6

pec-dec (first time i really used it) superset with bw dips.
2 sets of 12 and burnout.

fst-7 high cable crossovers
7x12 with 30 second rest.

all is well, the weight is coming off. but though i wasnt the biggest fish in the pond by any means, i enjoy being bigger and a little fat SOOOOOOOO much more than being weaker, smaller and miserable 85% of the time. haha oh well, the journey to 210 will begin soon!

Happy lifting!

Big C
06-19-09, 1:25 pm
Dude you can get to 210.......hell make it 220 the way you grow. Chile's sounds awesome....

And you don't take days off? WTF man? REST REST REST is good man...you don't want to train every day. I've actually gotten bigger now that I don't train as often or as long.

Killer chest workout.....you always come up with sweet ideas. I am doing the pyramid pullups today when I get in there for my Pull day! And maybe some weighted chins.

Firefist
06-19-09, 4:57 pm
Dude you can get to 210.......hell make it 220 the way you grow. Chile's sounds awesome....

And you don't take days off? WTF man? REST REST REST is good man...you don't want to train every day. I've actually gotten bigger now that I don't train as often or as long.

Killer chest workout.....you always come up with sweet ideas. I am doing the pyramid pullups today when I get in there for my Pull day! And maybe some weighted chins.

WHOA haha no i dont mean i dont take days off period! i take sat and sunday off, but i meant like those -oh i dont feel like lifting today days, on monday-friday. haha, i would be a miserable man if i trained EVERY SINGLE DAY!!!

thanks for the support, as always bro!

Firefist
06-23-09, 12:37 pm
I cannot stress the importance of a good preworkout meal. Ill be completely honest, i am a bit ashamed to say my previous few preworkout meals have been pretty shitty. Mostly low carb supreme bars to keep the carbs away. NO. BAD IDEA. I decided to have a REAL meal today before my lift. Real english muffins, real eggs, even a slice of cheese. I gotta to say, today was the best ive felt and looked in a long time. I was pumped as all hell and my muscles looked full. I put up more weight than before as well. I cant wait to be back to bulking!

Incline press
135x6, 135x6, 155x6, 155x6, 175x6, 180x6, 185x6, 185x6, 190x6, 195x6 (i could have even gone on, but i wanted to do well on my other lifts as well. 225, here i come!)

incline flyes s.s incline db, s.s. 2-10 pushouts.
45x12-15 for 3 sets
45x6-8 for 3 sets (after the flyes, chest was destroyed!)
2-10'sx10 for 3 sets.

standing calf raises s.s with dips.
315x15 for 6 sets
bwx failure for 6 sets (around 12-15ish)

a good simple workout today. was really happy that i got my full muscles back. and with the recent cutting, ive noticed that my shoulders arent as bad as i thought they were, my chest is finally coming along, and my legs, well....are still there haha. i got that diamond and the separation in there and im pretty proud of it.

diet is going well. gonna go play some more soccer now. USA! USA! USA! BEAT SPAIN!!!!

Happy lifting!

Big C
06-23-09, 1:00 pm
Yeah bro the importance of a solid pre-workout meal is often overlooked. Glad you noticed the difference. No soccer when u get back to bulkin man hahaha, jk.

Solid looking workout bro one thing is for sure your training is never dull and I actually look forward to see what kind of stuff you do every day.

Firefist
06-24-09, 2:09 pm
Yeah bro the importance of a solid pre-workout meal is often overlooked. Glad you noticed the difference. No soccer when u get back to bulkin man hahaha, jk.

Solid looking workout bro one thing is for sure your training is never dull and I actually look forward to see what kind of stuff you do every day.

yeah man, when i get back from taiwan, im gonna come visit you at one of your gyms and we destroy that shit!

Today was shoulders/bi's/tri's.

military machine press
100x8, 120x8, 140x8, 160x8, 180x8, 180x8, 180x8, 180x8, 180x8

skullcrushers (shoulders were a little tweaked from the presses. hurt a bit)
65x8, 85x8, 85x8, 85x8, 95x8, 95x8

standing bb curls
65x10, 85x10, 85x8 (narrow) 85x8, 85x8 (wide)

standing bb military press s.s with lateral raises (light high rep)
95x8 for 3 sets
25x15 for 3 sets

seated ez bar tricep extention s.s with ez bar curls
65x12 for 3 sets
65x12 for 3 sets

rope pulldowns s.s with db curls (light)
3x15
3xfailure (hold the peak)

yesterday was the first day in this diet so far that i really craved food. I wanted jimmy johns and ice cream like never before. Sat down and played some guitar and forgot about it. I cant wait for this saturday, lets get some food in me!

oh yeah, USA! USA! USA! BEAT SPAIN!

happy lifting!

Firefist
02-09-10, 6:51 pm
Bringing this back up in lieu of the arnold classic coming up.

I usually just log in my journey book, but for these next few weeks, we are going into high gear.

M-stak, torrent, bcaa, pak, whey, uniliver.

Focus is to bring up my shoulders. you might wince at my split and say overtraining, but i can assure you that its been working well. Cals are up, rest is up. split looks something like this. ill move it around if need be.

Chest
shoulders
back
arms
shoulders
legs
rest
chest
back
legs
shoulders
arms
rest
rest
repeat

215 - 220 is the goal. Using some of Rages hell raiser's and a little modified version of his diet for >200, may be upping the cals again soon to keep on growing.

Since my last post, i went from 200, down to a cut up 175. Im at 206 now at about 12% bf, and much leaner and more vascular than the last time I was at 200.

You ready for this shit?

Firefist
02-09-10, 6:56 pm
wow, and lookin back at this, since my last post, all of my lifts have gone up substancially. gotta keep trucking. aaaaand as usual, i love volume.

Monday chest-night workout

flat bench- bar, 95x15, 135x15, 135x 15, 185x10, 225x10, 225x8, 250x6, 185x15

incline db- 75x10, 85x10, 90x8, 100x7

Decline hammer press 3x12 2pps

incline flyes 55x12, 65x12, 75x8

DB crossovers 3x10

Firefist
02-09-10, 7:00 pm
tuesday morning- shoulders

Lateral raise warmup
One arm rope pulldown warmup

Precor plate miliary press 25sx15, 35sx15, 45sx12, 35sx15, 25sx20

lateral raises 35x15, 40x12, 45x10, 45x10 (only good form in here....)

smith upright rows. 135x15, 155x10, 160x10, 170x8
s.s
shrugs to 25 reps at each weight with a 2 second hold

back day tommorow.

D-NUTZ
02-09-10, 7:31 pm
Nice work AA! Im subbed

Big C
02-09-10, 7:45 pm
Alright Alex glad to see you posting your workouts again.....I love this log....I know it's probably hard with all your insane school work but damn you have gotten a shit load bigger and stronger since u left off in here.

Firefist
02-09-10, 9:52 pm
Nice work AA! Im subbed

thanks for stoppin in seneca!

Alright Alex glad to see you posting your workouts again.....I love this log....I know it's probably hard with all your insane school work but damn you have gotten a shit load bigger and stronger since u left off in here.

thanks chris. yeah...i was really suprised by the increase in numbers. like 20-30 pounds on almost everything. wait for back day tommorow....the volume will be off the chain.

i dont follow that many journeys, but both of you guys' journeys are at the top of my reads.

Big C
02-09-10, 9:59 pm
Dude I will give it to you.....you are one dude who can out-eat me and not many can!!!

Get to work on that back workout tomm hit it hard...

Firefist
02-10-10, 4:49 pm
back-morning

wide grip pullups 3x10

v bar pulldowns- 120x10, 140x10, 160x10, 180x10, 200x10, 230x6

one arm rows-, 100x10, 125x12, 125x12, 125x15

cable rows 180x12 3 sets.

wide grip pulldowns (triple drop sets) 160, 120, 100, 80 x 8, 8, 8, 8.

machine rows-3x10

straight rope pulldowns 3x15
s.s.
incline bench rows 50 for 3x12

destroying some food right now....

D-NUTZ
02-10-10, 8:53 pm
Looks like a solid back day bro. Just got done destroying some myself. A huge chicken/bacon/ranch panini and a lamb gyro! Yum.

Firefist
02-12-10, 3:50 pm
Looks like a solid back day bro. Just got done destroying some myself. A huge chicken/bacon/ranch panini and a lamb gyro! Yum.

Thanks seneca, and that sounds reeeaaaally good.

Arms today-noon

Barbell curls- 45x20, 56x15, 85x15, 95x10, 105x10, 115x8. (im goin for that 135....)

one arm extension rope warmups

close grip bench- 135x15, 135x15, 185x12, 185x12, 205x9, 205x7, 185x10

DB curls (each arm)- 35x8, 45x8, 50x8, 55x8

Bar pushdowns-3x12

incline seated each- 40s for 3x8

rope pushdown-3x12 drop 12

preacher machine triple drop (single arm) 2x10, 10, 10

legs tommorow

Firefist
02-13-10, 1:12 pm
leg day-morning.

i did legs with an old freind from highschool. this guy pretty much got me into lifting and is a true animal. the shit he does is no bullshit, no fuckin around, in and out.

squats-one minute rest, and then wed go back to back.
135x15, 185x15, 225x10, 275x10, 315x9, 315x8, 315x10, Box squat (wayyyyyy below paralell)-225x10

accending leg press (this thing is rusted as fuck, and sticks, adding even more resistance.-500x25, 600x30, 700x35 (short rest at 25),800x20 (supposed to go for 40....needless to say, didnt happen)

leg extensions-3x15

ham curls-3x15

at this point, my legs were absolutely fried, and i had thrown up 2 times. those accending sets killed me, and this guy still had hacks. thought about doing a set of hacks and then threw up again.....

definitely gonna train legs with my dude again.

torrent right now, eating and then leaving to see my brother in columbus. happy v-day to the couples out there.

Firefist
02-13-10, 1:35 pm
tried walking up the stairs, had to resort to crawling on all fours to go up and get my shower.

D-NUTZ
02-13-10, 1:58 pm
haha nice bro. you know its a good day when you throw up AND have to crawl. youll be feelin that one

Firefist
02-15-10, 9:08 pm
haha nice bro. you know its a good day when you throw up AND have to crawl. youll be feelin that one

thanks seneca, haha i still feel shitty today, and i got legs this friday, we are gonna box squat a storm!

chest today (night). super pumped to be picked to train with G. hit a good workout though my shoulder and left elbow was acting up

flat bench- 135x15, 135x15, 185x10, 225x10, 225x10, 245x6, 185x20

incline db- 80x15 (easy), 90x10, 90x8, 100x6

incline flyes 55's for 3x15

hammer incline-3x15
s.s.
db crossovers-3x15

decline hammer-3x15

torrent, pasta in a bit

gotta step it up, cant be weak in the presence of greatness.

Big C
02-16-10, 6:41 pm
Lookin strong in here dude...your'e creepin up on me pretty soon I'm gonna be askin you how to be big.

If I dont see u saturday, see you in early March!

LittleMan55
02-16-10, 11:35 pm
Count me in! I know you got what it takes to make improvements. See ya in a few weeks bro.

smith06
02-17-10, 7:34 pm
Looking forward to tearing chest up with you bro!! Hitting it hard in here.. I hit mine rough today also.

NJC_Manhattan
02-17-10, 8:01 pm
LOoking very strong bro. What are you going for these days?

Firefist
02-17-10, 9:34 pm
Lookin strong in here dude...your'e creepin up on me pretty soon I'm gonna be askin you how to be big.

If I dont see u saturday, see you in early March!

hahaha yeah right. ima have to keep on workin if i wanna tote around guns like yours.

its not lookin to good man, im probably gonna see ya at the arnold, and you know we are gonna rip shit up with rage on saturday.

Count me in! I know you got what it takes to make improvements. See ya in a few weeks bro.

Thanks man! im workin at it!

Looking forward to tearing chest up with you bro!! Hitting it hard in here.. I hit mine rough today also.

hell yeah man, we are gonna be in for a real treat a.k.a. torture hahaha. im pumped bro! thanks for stoppin in.

LOoking very strong bro. What are you going for these days?

thanks brother, im still goin for bodybuilding, adding some more mass to my frame, and going for that natty procard. though BB is my main focus, id like to have some decent numbers as well. im close to the 3/4/5 club, just need a little more in the dead, squats there, but bench is killing me.

Firefist
02-17-10, 9:42 pm
back-morning (no sleep, shitty pre-workout meal)

pullups- bw 3x10

wide grip pulldowns-120x10, 140x10, 160x10, 180x10, 200x10 drop 120x15 for 2 sets.

v bar pulldown- 160x8 drop 120x8, 100x8, 80x8 for 3 sets.

kai rows- 3x15

precor machine rows- stack 3x12

cable rows- 180 for 3x12

assisted pullups- 3x10 sloooooow

i usually do alot of freeweight, db rows, deads, bb rows, but i needed a little changeup.

Firefist
02-17-10, 9:47 pm
shoulders and abs -morning

warmup- lateral raises 20 for 3x20

precor shoulder press- 25's 2x15, 35's 2x10, 45 for 2x8, 35x10, 25x15

lateral raises- 35x12, 40x12, 40x12, 40x12 drop 25x12 for 2 sets

upright rows on smith 135x12, 135x12, 155x12, 175x10, 175x8

smith shrugs- 3x15 with a 2 second hold at top
s.s
db shrugs-3x15 with 2 second hold at top

abs giant set

roman chair-3x25
london bridge-3x20
45lb side to side-burnout

Firefist
02-18-10, 2:47 pm
arms-morning- shitty sleep

bb curls- barx15, 65x10, 85x10, 95x10, 115x8, 95x15

close grip-135x15, 185x12, 185x12, 205x6, 205x7, 135x15

db curls- 45s 2x8,8 50x2x8,8

straight bar pulldowns-3x15

cross hammer curls- 60's 3x8,8

preacher machine 3x15
s.s
rope pushdowns
3x15

D-NUTZ
02-18-10, 2:52 pm
Nice arm day AA. When you do your arm day, do you normally go from a tricep to a bicep exercises (or vice versa)? Im changing my split up next week to help me deal with before school workouts and never had an arm day so i was just wondering.

Thanks for your reply in my thread BTW.

Firefist
02-22-10, 6:10 pm
Nice arm day AA. When you do your arm day, do you normally go from a tricep to a bicep exercises (or vice versa)? Im changing my split up next week to help me deal with before school workouts and never had an arm day so i was just wondering.

Thanks for your reply in my thread BTW.

hey buddy, i usually do bi's first. i like a little bit of cusioning in my bi's while doin my close grip presses hahaha. and then i switch back and forth so i dont put all my energy into one part and be to tired to do the other.

no problem brother, we are all in this game together.

havent posted lately due to being sick, workouts got in but the numbers suffered, food deficiet, ugh....it just pisses me off.

it really sucks cause school, work and study groups have been hell. lost 10 pounds due to shitty diet and schedule. i think i weighed 198 a few days ago and rebounded back to 203 today. strength is still down, ill post last weeks work and tonights after an EX sci meeting.