PDA

View Full Version : Been working on my journey and didn't know it

matthew.hutti
05-31-09, 8:19 pm
I was 265 lbs. 2 years ago and got down to 187 last summer. I am currently at 225 lbs. and trying to keep lean mass but struggle with my midsection. I have been a member since 2007 but just now started checking the forum. If anyone has any pointers or tips they would greatly be appreciated. I need to add some size to my arms and traps in a bad way.

Big Phil
05-31-09, 9:07 pm
you can still gain lean mass and lose fat in your midsection if you just keep your protein intake high(around 1-2 g/lbs bodyweight) and throw in a solid 10-20 mins of cardio after your done pumpin. try to pretty much clean bulk with no sweets or junkfood and keep the carbs around 2-4 g/lbs bodyweight depending on the protein intake and you should see some results brother. Good luck with your journey

matthew.hutti
06-01-09, 9:01 am
Preciate it bro. I do good most of the time but the wife does cakes on the side and she kills me. I try to drink a protein shake instead most of the time. Do you think my cardio needs to be at a fast pace or moderate???

Big Phil
06-01-09, 11:48 am
haha yeah the cakes'll do some damage to your cut. Nice job on the protein shake alternative. And as far as the cardio bro, to me it really depends on your weight lifting. If you just got done doin some real heavy liftin, just keep the cardio moderate. What i do is throw the incline up and keep the speed at a speed walk pace on the treadmill after my weight session. You can give that a try if u want i aim for 20 mins right after each workout. Good luck bro

matthew.hutti
06-03-09, 2:22 pm
I started working back heavy again today and did deadlifts for the first time in about 6 months. Now I know why they call them deadlifts. My journey is going good this week, I am adding lean mass and losing the midsection. I have been using RealGains, that shit rules!!!