PDA

View Full Version : Core routines

t_mh
06-01-09, 5:10 pm
I know this is a painfully typical question, but I wanted to hear answers from guys who actually have some size and aren't just wasting away in an attempt to show their skinny abs. So what do your core routines look like? My ab work has been weak since I got home from school. I mostly just do crunches from a cable pulley and a machine. What do you guys do?

Ksberry
06-01-09, 5:16 pm
i know your gonna get this answer alot but squat and deadlift.

Coming from a track and fball background I develepod a strong core over the years I can list some of the things that our strength coach had us do that i really enjoyed but firstly what are your goals ?

t_mh
06-01-09, 5:18 pm
Yeah I suppose I should've mentioned that. My main goal is just strength. I want to get my bench to 300 and I've been working hard for it. But I still want to maintain some ab definition while I bulk. So, while those are pretty conflicting goals, I was looking for decent ab/core routines.

GJN5002
06-01-09, 5:42 pm
I dont like crunches or excercises where the spine is heavily involved for abs. Try doing planks, leg raises, etc. There are a million plank variations you can do.

shizz702
06-01-09, 8:07 pm
Outside of squats, deadlifts, and standing overhead presses, heavy weighted situps and leg raises get the job done for me.

t_mh
06-01-09, 11:59 pm
I do planks, but are leg raises really worth it? It seems like the best way to build the abs is with weighted exercises.

t_mh
06-02-09, 12:01 am
By the way, that's a fucking funny rippetoe quote you have in your sig, shizz.

GJN5002
06-02-09, 11:00 am
I do planks, but are leg raises really worth it? It seems like the best way to build the abs is with weighted exercises.

Put a db between your feet.

I used to do a ton of weighted excercises. I dont know if its genetic or from the weighted excercises but I have really thick ab walls, like mini GH gut but its not haha. So i'm trying to flatten it out.

Pizzalamp
06-02-09, 6:50 pm
for core i like:
planks
hanging wipers
dragon flags
russian twists w/ med balls
hanging leg circles above the head
hanging reverse curls