PDA

View Full Version : The ABC Newsletter, Volume 1, Issue 1

G Diesel
06-02-09, 12:24 pm
ABC constituents, FORVM members and Animal family the world over,

It is set to be an exciting summer for the Animal Barbell Club (ABC) with things hitting full throttle in May following the March madness in Columbus that was the Arnold Classic.

May featured events in Southern Cali, Chicago, Cedar Rapids (IA), Toledo (OH), South Carolina and Orlando (FL) with debut chapter gatherings in Western Illinois and Oklahoma.

Locally, I was lucky enough to be able to attend an ABC at OSX Fitness (28 West Ayre St. Wilmington, DE 19804) in Delaware, home to BigAl and McFly. Also, I was in the house at Steel Gym (146 W. 23rd St. New York, NY 10011) in Manhattan at an event run in conjunction with the NY Pro where Animal rookie pros and ABC members Vinny and Ox did work, with Ox taking home the hardware. If May was any indication of what is on tap for Animal and more specifically the Animal Barbell Club, then we have one hell of a year ahead of us. Here are links to the pics…

Delaware ABC Event (http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=25209)

NYC ABC Event (http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=25461)

From this point forward we’ll be highlighting a specific chapter and coordinator for each month. This coordinator will receive a special personal care package from The U corporate as well as a gift for all of the attendees at their next scheduled gathering.

This month, the spotlight is on the brothers from the city of wind, Chicago. The Chicago chapter of the ABC has been getting together and training under the Animal banner consistently since before the ABCs were even an official entity. Here is a link to their thread in The Board section, Chicago Animals (http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=9531). Led by their coordinator Phil800101, Chicago has held 10 events in the past two years and has shown no indication of slowing down anytime soon. Much respect to Chicago for being trendsetters, stalwarts and ABC loyalists from day one.

Focusing now on the coming month of June, there are many events already scheduled, this time with some international flavor with Sweden set for June 7th followed a few days later by our servicemen in Kuwait at Camp Ali Al Salem. June also promises events in Ohio (Miami Valley), South Indiana, Des Moines (IA), Kentucky and again in Southern California.

In my neck of the woods we have a couple of bangers set for June with some legendary gyms in the mix, namely Bev Francis’ Gold’s Gym in Syosset, Long Island, NY on Sunday June 14th and Greg Long’s Gym in the outskirts of Philadelphia on June 20th.

On the news tip, treetrunklegs (http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=11639) and Aggression (http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=21689) have both been bumped up the ABC totem pole to Co-Chair and National Recruiter statuses respectively. These hardcore brothers, along with naturalguy, the National Coordinator (as well as currently inactive officials Enforcer and Hola Bola) and the devoted ABC coordinators around the world, will play an integral role in helping to raise the Animal Barbell Club to the next level, growing and evolving well into the future.

In that spirit, I enthusiastically include a message from my new Co-Chairman, my brother, treetrunklegs:

"Being asked to stand next to G Diesel in the line of duty is nothing short of an honor. I am very excited and thankful to be so deep in the mix of something so good. Together we plan on bringing the ABC chapters up together in a seamless approach with each and every event. There will not be any chapters that will be disregarded or forgotten about. All of the chapters have an equal opportunity to be chapter of the month and will be discussed and agreed upon among us. I will be keeping the chapters moving and aiding in any aspect that I am needed, from venues to care packages. It will be up to the coordinators to set a date and start the ball rolling, we will be here to keep pushing it along. If you guys are new or have any questions, do not hesitate to contact one of us. The vision and purpose of the ABC has just begun, and we hope that everyone will stick around to watch it evolve."

Thank you one and all for your dedication and commitment to the iron lifestyle, to Animal and to the ABCs.

Until next time, train hard and keep it real.

Peace, G Diesel

Wanna be a part of the Animal Barbell Club?
It’s easy. Find an event in your area, show up wearing your favorite Animal shirt and be ready to train, hard. If you can’t find a chapter close to you, find an interested gym, some motivated brothers and represent--take the initiative and step right up to start your own chapter by posting your details right here in a new thread on The Board (http://forum.animalpak.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71). For a complete and current list of ABC chapters, click this link (http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=13075).

Mr. Dead
06-02-09, 12:25 pm
Great stuff, and awesome idea!!!

Big C
06-02-09, 12:30 pm
Excellent read there G. It's good to know what's going on across the nation and overseas concerning the ABCs. We've come a long way it's only going to grow and add more solid members to the fray. I feel fortunate to represent Ohio for the Animal Barbell Club.

naturalguy
06-02-09, 12:32 pm
Awesome idea G. It's great that everyone will be able to see what is going on in one place.

J-Dawg
06-02-09, 12:46 pm
It'll be great to have one of these each month. Good writeup G.

ghost
06-02-09, 12:48 pm
excellent write up G !

rev8ball
06-02-09, 12:49 pm
Nice!

Phil800101
06-02-09, 2:12 pm
Great stuff, and awesome idea!!!

Excellent read there G. It's good to know what's going on across the nation and overseas concerning the ABCs. We've come a long way it's only going to grow and add more solid members to the fray. I feel fortunate to represent Ohio for the Animal Barbell Club.

Awesome idea G. It's great that everyone will be able to see what is going on in one place.

It'll be great to have one of these each month. Good writeup G.

excellent write up G !

Nice!

Agreed on all accounts, very cool!

G Diesel
06-02-09, 2:17 pm
Agreed on all accounts, very cool!

Hit me up with your info via PM bro and I'll make sure The U gets that care package out to you ASAP. Congrats.

Peace, G

MrMuscles22
06-02-09, 2:18 pm
Great idea G! It was a good read!

Universal Rep
06-02-09, 2:28 pm
Sweet read and great idea... I could see something like this eventually becomin' a printed newsletter that's mailed out to all ABC members.

Mr. Dead
06-02-09, 3:29 pm
Sweet read and great idea... I could see something like this eventually becomin' a printed newsletter that's mailed out to all ABC members.

x2...

shortstack
06-02-09, 3:53 pm
Very nice addition to the forum and to spotlight the ABC's. It should also bring the ABC groups together more by letting us get to know the other groups out there.

Great idea G

Shortstack

B Con
06-02-09, 5:21 pm
Got the email of this as well. Very nice G. Doing big things.

weedlewott
06-03-09, 6:01 am
The guys out here in Ali are planning on doing it big. Good to have this thing official and on the Calendar after some arguing with the camp reps. haha. I have every intention of keeping this alive and well long after my tenner here at Ali is said and done. Finding brothers to become keep it going will be nothing short of a job, but I know they're here, there, and everywhere. Also, coming soon to North Mississipp, will be yet another chapeter. Keep a look out for that one around october time frame. Maybe as late as December after some scouting and route recon, but it will be done.

Hoomgar
06-03-09, 11:42 am
This is excellent! Looking forward to another summer of ABC's. Still hopeful that we can do something with the Lebanon/Lancaster/Harrisburg area.

Congrats to Treetrunklegs and Aggression on your promotions brothers. You both have dome your due diligence.

Hg

Phil800101
06-11-09, 2:20 pm
Got the care package the other day. Alot of good stuff in there...I'm looking forward to our next ABC even more now, I can't wait to surprise the attendees with some goodies.

Thanks again to G-Diesel and everyone at Animal/Universal for this, really cool of you guys.

Chicago guys, if you're reading this, you are definitely not going to want to miss out on our next ABC...

JUGGERNAUT
06-11-09, 2:23 pm
subbed

G Diesel
06-11-09, 2:24 pm
Got the care package the other day. Alot of good stuff in there...I'm looking forward to our next ABC even more now, I can't wait to surprise the attendees with some goodies.

Thanks again to G-Diesel and everyone at Animal/Universal for this, really cool of you guys.

Chicago guys, if you're reading this, you are definitely not going to want to miss out on our next ABC...

That's what I'm talking about... Well deserved my brother.

Peace, G

Iceiktitan
07-09-09, 7:14 am
Great idea. Subbed.

CuttDeez
07-09-09, 8:11 am
Subbed

newbreed
07-09-09, 8:18 am

Maybe an Animal News booklet. That would be awesome.