PDA

View Full Version : Coffee

Scottles150
06-04-09, 4:38 pm
I am a newbie trying to bulk up but still drink 6 - 7 cups of coffee a day is coffee ok when trying to bulk up ? I drink 3 - 4 litres of water as well.

C.Coronato
06-04-09, 4:40 pm
Thats a hell of a lot of caffeine, but if you can handle it thats cool man. A bulk is pretty versatile and many things are ok while in a bulk.

GJN5002
06-04-09, 5:07 pm
Coffee is a godsend, just be careful. Caffeine raises cortisol an dmore cortisol = more fat and less muscle recovery. I think youll be ok, especially since youre bulking, eating a lot, and prob sleeping well. Its trickier when you are dieting, stressed and sleep deprived like me haha.

teethoflions
06-04-09, 10:26 pm
Coffee is definately a good thing...
it can help you from getting to sloppy on a bulk.
Great preworkout stimulant/fat burner (if you actually read up on 90 percent of the fat burners out there the primary ingredients are different extracts standardized for their caffeine) which makes lots of people skeptical but it clearly works to a certain extent, otherwise NObody would purchase fat burners.
Coffee also acts a big flavor booster when you need it. If your trying to do a somewhat clean bulking diet, espescially. I put coffee grounds(hazlenut) in my oats every morning for a good zero calorie flavor boost...
instead of milk or water you can try throwing a couple scoops of protein powder of your choice in a jug of ice coffee, great morning pick me up, or pre/intra workout drink.

stumblin54
06-05-09, 3:02 pm
Cut or bulk coffee's fine, enjoy the bulk.

Stumblin

milanceolympia
06-08-09, 11:12 am
i take the coffee everyday...one cup a day i always drink..whatever i am on bulk or cut..

mjsef88
06-08-09, 11:35 am
I streamline coffee. Cut/bulk/maintaining. I drink alot of coffee.

I also sleep well, have a high tolerance, and drink lots of water too.

Again, it's all up to your body and what works.

mfl5027
06-08-09, 12:55 pm
The only problems would be too much caffeine, sugar, or fat. On a bulk the sugar and fat aren't such a big deal, but you'll probably benefit from drinking less or subbing in some decaf. From what I've read 400mg is essentially the point where pro/con ratio of caffeine goes bad, so try to stay under 3-4 cups/day (usually ~150mg/cup).

Wasteland
06-08-09, 1:08 pm
I drink coffee all year round.

Something pertinent, a newsbite on coffee and the dehydration myth: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18043833/

mritter3
06-08-09, 1:11 pm
that is a lot of coffee, but as long as your getting your calories from food in...then your good.

Tork
06-08-09, 1:53 pm
Coffee is fine, but it also depends upon what you drink in your coffee. Me for instance, I drink it straight...no additives, but lots of people add all the sweet stuff or milk and sugar and all that. Think about it like this....sugar=simple carb...on a bulk this is ok...I wouldn't because I like to clean bulk....but on a cut it would destroy your diet. The caffeign wouldn't make up for the sugar intake on a cut....

strivin for more
06-08-09, 2:18 pm
haha hell im 15 and drink coffee. i just use a little bit of splenda, and no harm done.

mjsef88
06-08-09, 2:59 pm
As a coffee adict and taster, it must be mentioned that COFFEE SHOULD BE KEPT PURE! NO CREAM/SUGAR....unless the specific type of bean calls for a specific flavor of creamer.

Yeah, I'm so deep into it that I like specific beans from specific countries roasted a certain way.

You want pure sex in a cup, get some Kenyan AA beans, have your local market roast them for you (my place has my cell phone number/e-mail, so they let me know when they roast the beans), grind them up coarse, then put them back in the grinder and set it to fine. Put them in your pot, brew it, and let it cool off a bit in your cup.

You can taste the earthy flavor. Arabic, Columbian and Southern US coffees are good too.

But yeah, seriously, if your going to drink coffee, drink coffee. Milk and sugar aren't a part of coffee (and for those of you that serious about your diet, they are unnecessary calories).

GJN5002
06-08-09, 4:24 pm
As a coffee adict and taster, it must be mentioned that COFFEE SHOULD BE KEPT PURE! NO CREAM/SUGAR....unless the specific type of bean calls for a specific flavor of creamer.

Yeah, I'm so deep into it that I like specific beans from specific countries roasted a certain way.

You want pure sex in a cup, get some Kenyan AA beans, have your local market roast them for you (my place has my cell phone number/e-mail, so they let me know when they roast the beans), grind them up coarse, then put them back in the grinder and set it to fine. Put them in your pot, brew it, and let it cool off a bit in your cup.

You can taste the earthy flavor. Arabic, Columbian and Southern US coffees are good too.

But yeah, seriously, if your going to drink coffee, drink coffee. Milk and sugar aren't a part of coffee (and for those of you that serious about your diet, they are unnecessary calories).

Heavy whipping cream and splenda for me haha, sorry bro. I can only drink black coffee cold with ice.