PDA

View Full Version : NEWS: New Milk & Egg

Universal Rep
06-05-09, 1:36 pm
I heard something that it's been changed recently... True?

On Letting Go
06-05-09, 1:44 pm
I bought a container about a month ago, nothing seemed to be different. I'd say its a good canidate for an update though.

J-Dawg
06-05-09, 2:04 pm
The flavor has been tweaked for both vanilla and chocolate Milk & Egg. It is now new and improved. Only the 1.5lb vanilla is currently in stock in the NJ warehouse. I'll update when the other flavors/sizes are in stock.

Universal Rep
06-05-09, 2:17 pm
The flavor has been tweaked for both vanilla and chocolate Milk & Egg. It is now new and improved. Only the 1.5lb vanilla is currently in stock in the NJ warehouse. I'll update when the other flavors/sizes are in stock.

Cool... Thanks for the update JD. I coupla fellas I know use it.

On Letting Go
06-05-09, 2:39 pm
Any differences in the packaging to signify the new version?

JUGGERNAUT
06-05-09, 2:45 pm
This is great news, really looking forward to the upgrade. I think it will def give this product new legs because it had a time tested blend but was a very raw product. Great profile but did not mix well/Nice sources of material but not the best taste.

Taste has never been a deciding factor with me over quality and frankly, I think there are too many whiners out there; that taste is everything. If this upgraded product just mixes better, I think that is a monumental improvement but I will miss being able to waterproof my basement walls with it.

On Letting Go
06-05-09, 3:09 pm
This is great news, really looking forward to the upgrade. I think it will def give this product new legs because it had a time tested blend but was a very raw product. Great profile but did not mix well/Nice sources of material but not the best taste.

Taste has never been a deciding factor with me over quality and frankly, I think there are too many whiners out there; that taste is everything. If this upgraded product just mixes better, I think that is a monumental improvement but I will miss being able to waterproof my basement walls with it.

True that, bro.

Thrawn
06-05-09, 3:16 pm
I am def in the market for that once it comes avaiable here.

naturalguy
06-05-09, 3:29 pm
I haven't tried the chocolate yet but the new vanilla is light years ahead of the previous version in terms of taste. It's really good.

Wasteland
06-05-09, 3:38 pm
Any differences in the packaging to signify the new version?

I assume the new label? J-Dawg?

Hoomgar
06-05-09, 5:05 pm

I haven't tried the chocolate yet but the new vanilla is light years ahead of the previous version in terms of taste. It's really good.

This is a great move for Universal! That was the only issue with. The profile was great but the flavor made it that you had to mix it with something else.

I'll have to give it another go now. Thanks fellas for the constant quest for improvement.

Hg

TunaBreath
06-05-09, 5:40 pm
Any labels or lot #'s on the new containers so we know what the new formula is?

Giant Killer
06-05-09, 10:33 pm
Nice!

TigerAce01
06-06-09, 12:03 am
Awesome news. I had better results from Milk and Egg than any other protein powder on the market. The only problems were the taste and mixability. And the taste wasn't that big of a deal...you get past it. The mixability though...I can't have a blender on me evertime I need a shake.

-Ace

Universal Rep
06-08-09, 11:18 am

Yo JD, has anything else changed other than the flavoring, like the mixability?

G Diesel
06-08-09, 11:25 am
Taste and mixability are important if I'm going to drink something for any prolonged period of time. I think the new Vanilla Milk & Egg is a drastic improvement. I'm drinking about 4 scoops a day right now and I really love it. That is an old school staple product that I've always wanted to use, but the taste was holding me back. Since The U stepped up and addressed that issue, there is no reason this won't be a consistent part of my supplement regimen from here on out.

Peace, G

Universal Rep
06-08-09, 11:30 am
Taste and mixability are important if I'm going to drink something for any prolonged period of time. I think the new Vanilla Milk & Egg is a drastic improvement. I'm drinking about 4 scoops a day right now and I really love it. That is an old school staple product that I've always wanted to use, but the taste was holding me back. Since The U stepped up and addressed that issue, there is no reason this won't be a consistent part of my supplement regimen from here on out.

Peace, G

I'm gonna have to score a tub from Corporate... Which flavor would ya recommend G? Have ya used the old formula?

G Diesel
06-08-09, 12:33 pm
I'm gonna have to score a tub from Corporate... Which flavor would ya recommend G? Have ya used the old formula?

I used the old chocolate and while the formula was solid, the taste was rough. Thus far I've only had the vanilla and it has improved leaps and bounds.

Peace, G

Universal Rep
06-08-09, 12:41 pm
I used the old chocolate and while the formula was solid, the taste was rough. Thus far I've only had the vanilla and it has improved leaps and bounds.

Peace, G

Better mixability too?

mritter3
06-08-09, 12:45 pm
only protein powder i have not tried....and that was only cuz the taste from what i heard was not great...but now i gotta got my hands on some.

G Diesel
06-08-09, 12:46 pm
Better mixability too?

Without a doubt. Very smooth.

Peace, G

J-Dawg
06-08-09, 1:22 pm
I assume the new label? J-Dawg?

Yeap. All new Milk and Egg formula's will be launched under the new label.

Yo JD, has anything else changed other than the flavoring, like the mixability?

Mixability has been improved. Mixes real easy with a shaker cup.

Universal Rep
06-08-09, 1:34 pm
Nice... Thanks for the heads up fellas.

Hoomgar
06-08-09, 2:23 pm
This is great. It was one of my requests way back in the day because the profile is so solid. It will easily become an alternative for me at bedtime in place of always sucking down a casein shake.

Hg

Wasteland
06-08-09, 5:04 pm
Useful news, thanks. I think I will pick up a bottle in the near future. Which flavor is best?

andrewT
06-08-09, 5:05 pm
Am I the only guy who liked how it tasted in milk?

Wasteland
06-08-09, 5:10 pm
Am I the only guy who liked how it tasted in milk?

As with all things, taste is subjective, lol. Maybe you're taste buds are wired differently? Seriously though, I do believe there are some who actually like the old Milk & Egg.

G Diesel
06-08-09, 5:11 pm
Drinking 2 scoops in 10 oz of cold water with a half a cup of oats right now. Good shit.

Peace, G

krazyassmexican
06-08-09, 5:25 pm
how about egg pro ultra?
scientific studies have shown that egg protein and whey protein are the most anabolic proteins ever and for some reasson in universal to me it seems like egg pro ultra and ultra iso whey are being overlooked

charlievanriper
06-08-09, 5:41 pm
Useful news, thanks. I think I will pick up a bottle in the near future. Which flavor is best?

Taste is fine on the vanilla before any change, I love the stuff, hate the chocolate though lol.
I hope they continue to use real sugar, if they fall into the other companies crap and start using sucralose and artificial sweeteners I'll be pissed.

krazyassmexican
06-08-09, 5:43 pm
Taste is fine on the vanilla before any change, I love the stuff, hate the chocolate though lol.
I hope they continue to use real sugar, if they fall into the other companies crap and start using sucralose and artificial sweeteners I'll be pissed.

omg am i reading right?

how can real sugar be better than sucralose?

are you gonna tell me diabetes does good for the body?

charlievanriper
06-08-09, 5:57 pm
LOL Please dude man cant beat nature. I will not get into a debate about this with you,I suggest you spend some time doing some research on the subject. I have.
And since when does Sugar automatically mean Diabetes, I'm over 50 years old dude and have been using Sugar for my whole life. Better yet you do your thing and I'll do mine and we will see who outlives who.

krazyassmexican
06-08-09, 5:59 pm
LOL Please dude man cant beat nature. I will not get into a debate about this with you,I suggest you spend some time doing some research on the subject. I have.
And since when does Sugar automatically mean Diabetes, I'm over 50 years old dude and have been using Sugar for my whole life. Better yet you do your thing and I'll do mine and we will see who outlives who.

so sugar was made by nature? i thought it was man made thanks for showing me the light

charlievanriper
06-08-09, 6:06 pm
Here I'll help ya.

http://www.holisticmed.com/splenda/bowen.html

http://www.holisticmed.com/splenda/chemists.html

http://www.holisticmed.com/splenda/research-adverse.html

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2000/12/03/sucralose-dangers.aspx

Here's one unbiased showing pos and neg
http://www.medicinenet.com/artificial_sweeteners/page9.htm

Goes on and on and on.

charlievanriper
06-08-09, 6:09 pm
so sugar was made by nature? i thought it was man made thanks for showing me the light

So your stuck on the concept of table sugar, I'm talking about all natural evaporated Sugar cane juice which is produced by nature. I do not do processed food! That includes table salt and Table sugar, thier is a difference.

Angst
06-08-09, 6:10 pm

If the man wants his natural sugar, then let him have it. Who gives a shit whether its natural sugar or sucralose? Its only 4 fucking grams per scoop. Is that really worth arguing?

krazyassmexican
06-08-09, 6:16 pm
If the man wants his natural sugar, then let him have it. Who gives a shit whether its natural sugar or sucralose? Its only 4 fucking grams per scoop. Is that really worth arguing?

first of all there's nobody arguing, it was just a comment that could lead to a debate, debates are permited here by rule number 12 if u take it as arguing is your personal problem, as you can see i even thanked him for teaching me sugar is made by mother nature, end of the debate back to the toppic

instead of typping your who gives a shit comments towards me probably you could help me find out the answer if universal is updating egg pro ultra or not

charlievanriper
06-08-09, 6:19 pm

LOL, funny but ya its only 4 g, but to some it can mean a nasty visit to a Hospital, I wont risk it. Anyway I have tried a couple of other products that have Splenda( or Sucralose in it ) and they gave me the screaming Shits, Universal's Milk and Egg sweetened with Dextrose ( sugar) has never given me that reaction, and I know most of you probably have never had a reaction and most have not, but I have met many and talked to them and they have had the same or even other reactions to that chemical.
Bro thiers no argument here I never argue I just love sharing info.

krazyassmexican
06-08-09, 6:20 pm
thiers no argument here I never argue I just love sharing info.

thanks for backing up what i stated before

charlievanriper
06-08-09, 6:22 pm
first of all there's nobody arguing, it was just a comment that could lead to a debate, debates are permited here by rule number 12 if u take it as arguing is your personal problem, as you can see i even thanked him for teaching me sugar is made by mother nature, end of the debate back to the toppic

instead of typping your who gives a shit comments towards me probably you could help me find out the answer if universal is updating egg pro ultra or not

LOL yep back to the subject at hand. I love milk and Egg please dont screw it up, keep it with Dextrose.

krazyassmexican
06-08-09, 6:24 pm
LOL yep back to the subject at hand. I love milk and Egg please dont screw it up, keep it with Dextrose.

massmonster once told me it tasted horrible so i never had the balls to try it, now egg pro ultra has a great flavor and i want to start buying it again to mix it with whey protein isolate but i dont get along with vanilla flavors

charlievanriper
06-08-09, 6:29 pm
I'll have to check that one out, I miss using a Whey blend. What do they sweeten that one with. This one keeps my Nitrogen balance about perfect thru the day. If theyt improved the chocolate flavor ( and not with chemicals ) I might give the Chocolate a try, dude the old flavor was like eating chalk.

charlievanriper
06-08-09, 6:31 pm
I just googled it its pure egg, I thought it was a blend

krazyassmexican
06-08-09, 6:32 pm
I'll have to check that one out, I miss using a Whey blend. What do they sweeten that one with. This one keeps my Nitrogen balance about perfect thru the day. If theyt improved the chocolate flavor ( and not with chemicals ) I might give the Chocolate a try, dude the old flavor was like eating chalk.

they got 2 versions once is sweeten with aspartame and the other one is plain sugar, like i said before there are studies showing that whey and egg protein are basically the only useful proteins for building muscle and burning fat so you cant go wrong with ultra iso whey and egg pro ultra

krazyassmexican
06-08-09, 6:32 pm
I just googled it its pure egg, I thought it was a blend

yes pure egg whites

charlievanriper
06-08-09, 6:33 pm
I might try this one, sounds really good. no sugars or sweeteners at all.

Angst
06-08-09, 6:34 pm

You're telling me that you honestly didn't know sugar was made by nature? You think I can't read the sarcasm in your reply? Thank you for showing you the light? Obviously you are mocking him, even a blind person knows it. Besides even if you were debating with him, how come you didn't show him any proof the 4 grams of sugar can led to diabetes?

krazyassmexican
06-08-09, 6:35 pm
I might try this one, sounds really good. no sugars or sweeteners at all.

the flavor is cool

there's this protein by universal called specialized protein for lean mass and i cant stress enough that if you mix the chocolate flavor of it with egg pro ultra and a tsp of coffee it tastes like a capuccino without the crap

charlievanriper
06-08-09, 6:36 pm
The Vanilla has aspartame, which one has sugar.

krazyassmexican
06-08-09, 6:36 pm
The Vanilla has aspartame, which one has sugar.

one is called egg pro ultra that has aspartame the sugar one is called egg pro ultra free

charlievanriper
06-08-09, 6:41 pm
thx I'll check it out.

B Con
06-08-09, 7:32 pm
Glad to hear this is getting a revamp...

On Letting Go
06-09-09, 7:34 am
Anyone know if the protein sources have changed? (micellar casein instead of calcium caseinate would be a good upgrade)

G, can you post a pic of the nutrition label for the new version?

OLG

Universal Rep
06-09-09, 10:30 am
Anyone know if the protein sources have changed? (micellar casein instead of calcium caseinate would be a good upgrade)

G, can you post a pic of the nutrition label for the new version?

OLG

Dunno the answer and I haven't seen the label yet... My guess is prolly not. Micellar casein is indeed a solid choice, but it's very expensive and it has certain disadvantages too. If Milk & Egg is about value, then I don't think it would have MC. I could be wrong though...

On Letting Go
06-09-09, 11:37 am
Dunno the answer and I haven't seen the label yet... My guess is prolly not. Micellar casein is indeed a solid choice, but it's very expensive and it has certain disadvantages too. If Milk & Egg is about value, then I don't think it would have MC. I could be wrong though...

I see where youre coming from URep. Another good option would be to use MPI (milk protein isolate) and Egg white protein, now that would be a damn solid formula. Either way, its a great value, especially now that the flavor has improved.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing the new product and possibly tryin it out.

OLG

Universal Rep
06-09-09, 11:40 am
I see where youre coming from URep. Another good option would be to use MPI (milk protein isolate) and Egg white protein, now that would be a damn solid formula. Either way, its a great value, especially now that the flavor has improved.

OLG

Always gonna come down to cost vs. ingredients.

WPC outsells WPI by a long mile... Guessin' for most, it's about price.

Wasteland
06-09-09, 11:41 am

OLG

MPI and TMP are great choices, I agree.

Mr. Dead
06-10-09, 7:02 pm
Definitely going to have to give this a try, after it comes out...

On Letting Go
06-11-09, 7:24 am
Any insight as to when we'll be able to get this through the major vendors? BB.com, DPS, etc.

OLG

On Letting Go
06-19-09, 11:53 am
Bump for info...

On Letting Go
07-17-09, 6:54 pm
Urep, J-dawg? Anyone?

I usually order from DPS, so im waiting for them to stock it. They dont update their product pics/pages.

Ironjaw
07-17-09, 10:12 pm
damn wish i knew this before i ordered my junk ... ah well guess ill wait till i need a restock

On Letting Go
07-23-09, 2:48 pm
Bump for info. Anyone getting the new Milk & Egg from the major vendors?

OLG

On Letting Go
07-29-09, 10:25 am
Anyone with info? Cant PM J-dawg or Urep because their boxes are full... and im not getting any replies from the emails i sent to DPS & BB.com.

Anyone got their hands on the new version?

J-Dawg
07-29-09, 10:33 am
Anyone with info? Cant PM J-dawg or Urep because their boxes are full... and im not getting any replies from the emails i sent to DPS & BB.com.

Anyone got their hands on the new version?

Sorry about the bro. Just cleared 'em out. In regards to Milk and Egg, we currently just have the 1.5lb Vanilla in stock. We are waiting for the other flavors/sizes to clear out before producing new batches. As for the retailers, I don't know of any that have the new 1.5lb Milk and Egg Vanilla in stock. I'll check around and see what I can come up with.

On Letting Go
07-29-09, 10:39 am
Sorry about the bro. Just cleared 'em out. In regards to Milk and Egg, we currently just have the 1.5lb Vanilla in stock. We are waiting for the other flavors/sizes to clear out before producing new batches. As for the retailers, I don't know of any that have the new 1.5lb Milk and Egg Vanilla in stock. I'll check around and see what I can come up with.

No problem bro. Thanks for the help, i've been tryin to hunt the new version down for quite a while.

Any chance i can get a 1.5lb container? I'd love to test it out and write an official review here on the FORVM. I feel like more people need to be made aware of how beneficial this stuff really is.

OLG

Hoomgar
07-29-09, 10:46 am
It's worth the wait fellas. I scored a few tastes of this once it was mixed up and let me tell you the difference in the taste is like day and night. I mean that. Kudos to Universal for nailin the flavor on this one because the nutrition profile in this stuff is second to none.

Loaded with amino's, 24 grams of protein per scoop, slow and fast digesting proteins... I mean come on, this stuff is da bomb. I'm looking forward to getting in some large tubs of this stuff.

Hg

On Letting Go
07-29-09, 10:53 am
No doubt about it. DPS carried 20lb containers of the old version, i hope they do the same for the new. I'll be all over it.

The wait is gonna be brutal.

Hoomgar
07-29-09, 10:58 am
No doubt about it. DPS carried 20lb containers of the old version, i hope they do the same for the new. I'll be all over it.

The wait is gonna be brutal.

I can't imagine it taking too much longer bro. This stuff is the bodybuilders protein and is going to be in high demand. That and you know the boys at corporate are doing everything they can to accelerate this and get it out there.

On Letting Go
08-07-09, 2:32 pm
J-dawg,

Just got a reply from DPS saying that Milk&Egg (choc.) is in stock and that the shipment came directly from Universal.

Can you confirm? Is Universal is now shipping out the NEW version of chocolate Milk & Egg?

If this holds true, im ordering up asap.

OLG

On Letting Go
08-13-09, 7:01 am
For anyone interested, DPS has confirmed that it is the new version and has updated their site to suit.

I'll report back after my first sample.

OLG

J-Dawg
09-28-09, 9:39 am
For anyone interested, DPS has confirmed that it is the new version and has updated their site to suit.

I'll report back after my first sample.

OLG

Got the new one OLG? Anyone get the new Milk & Egg from other sites yet?

Universal Rep
09-28-09, 5:10 pm
Anyone get the new Milk & Egg from other sites yet?

x2. I've gotten several questions on this and availability myself...

Hoomgar
09-29-09, 2:08 pm
Got the new one OLG? Anyone get the new Milk & Egg from other sites yet?

Not yet J. Still getting the old formula from bb.com too.