PDA

View Full Version : My new Post-Workout

Giant Killer
06-05-09, 9:37 pm
Delicious and just damn satisfying.

2 heaping teaspoons Fruit Punch Universal EAA Stack ($0.08)
1 scoop SportPharma Carb Max Citrus ($0.30)
5g SportPharma Just-Creatine ($0.12)

Love the taste, approximate 2:1 carb-protein ratio, and clocks in at exactly 50 cents a serving.

Just thought I would share!

mritter3
06-06-09, 9:50 pm
i like the mix man, love the carb max, never mixed it with eaa stack...looks good though

Wasteland
06-08-09, 1:27 pm
Delicious and just damn satisfying.

2 heaping teaspoons Fruit Punch Universal EAA Stack ($0.08)
1 scoop SportPharma Carb Max Citrus ($0.30)
5g SportPharma Just-Creatine ($0.12)

Love the taste, approximate 2:1 carb-protein ratio, and clocks in at exactly 50 cents a serving.

Just thought I would share!

Appears to be a solid post-workout combination. Giant Killer, how many grams of carbs does that translate into? I'm assuing that's 12g of the aminos?

Giant Killer
06-09-09, 3:01 pm
Appears to be a solid post-workout combination. Giant Killer, how many grams of carbs does that translate into? I'm assuing that's 12g of the aminos?

20g of carbs from waxy maize, maltodextrin, d-glucose and trehalose.

C.Coronato
06-09-09, 4:50 pm
Nice homie. Looking good on the stack. I do that except i swap EAA for Just Whey and add some Glutamine. Nicee.

Wasteland
06-09-09, 4:59 pm
20g of carbs from waxy maize, maltodextrin, d-glucose and trehalose.

12/20/5. Thanks.

Wasteland
06-09-09, 5:00 pm
Nice homie. Looking good on the stack. I do that except i swap EAA for Just Whey and add some Glutamine. Nicee.

Postworkout, free form EAA are superior to intact proteins.

C.Coronato
06-09-09, 5:14 pm
Postworkout, free form EAA are superior to intact proteins.

Its been working for me man, so i stick with that . .

Wasteland
06-09-09, 5:16 pm
Its been working for me man, so i stick with that . .

No doubt. But at your level, you would more likely see a greater difference between free forms vs. intact.

C.Coronato
06-09-09, 5:20 pm
No doubt. But at your level, you would more likely see a greater difference between free forms vs. intact.

Truth. Well i guess ill have to give it a shot. I take my Intra Aid / EAA during, and then Just Whey / Carb Max post. Do you agree there?

Wasteland
06-09-09, 5:25 pm
Truth. Well i guess ill have to give it a shot. I take my Intra Aid / EAA during, and then Just Whey / Carb Max post. Do you agree there?

Just to make sure, I seem to recall you were a competitive bodybuilder, right? That's the assumption I'm working from, lol. Let me know if I'm wrong.

stumblin54
06-09-09, 5:28 pm
I like that setup Treetrunk, gives me the feeling that you tear it up from the second you walk in to the second you leave...

Stumblin

C.Coronato
06-09-09, 5:29 pm
Just to make sure, I seem to recall you were a competitive bodybuilder, right? That's the assumption I'm working from, lol. Let me know if I'm wrong.

Ya. Im still young and new to the game tho, so of course im always open for new suggestions.

Wasteland
06-09-09, 5:31 pm
Ya. Im still young and new to the game tho, so of course im always open for new suggestions.

You're fine with the EAA/Intra-Aid during, and PRO/CHO following. I would definitely consider experimenting with EAA to replace the whey postworkout, anywhere from 6-12g but no more than 18g tops. Beyond a certain point, the EAA post-workout has diminishing returns. For whey, the issue is urea conversion. Try it and tell me what you think.

For the regular guy who lifts weights, fine tuning won't make that much of a difference. But for competitive guys, it could make all the difference. No?

C.Coronato
06-09-09, 5:32 pm
You're fine with the EAA/Intra-Aid during, and PRO/CHO following. I would definitely consider experimenting with EAA to replace the whey postworkout, anywhere from 6-12g but no more than 18g tops. Beyond a certain point, the EAA post-workout has diminishing returns. For whey, the issue is urea conversion.

Cool bro. Thanks.