PDA

View Full Version : PL Competition

IRON_SOLDIER
06-07-09, 1:51 pm
July 11th and 25th i have my first PL Comp. Gettin rdy and hittin new pr for bench has seem to hit a stand still. I hit bench twice a week but i feel as though maybe i am not doing things right. I do flat bench wide and close and have started doing flie and incline. I uslley hit about 60 to 80% of my max of 240. I really want to jack my bench wieght any suggestions?

weedlewott
06-07-09, 2:09 pm
July 11th and 25th i have my first PL Comp. Gettin rdy and hittin new pr for bench has seem to hit a stand still. I hit bench twice a week but i feel as though maybe i am not doing things right. I do flat bench wide and close and have started doing flie and incline. I uslley hit about 60 to 80% of my max of 240. I really want to jack my bench wieght any suggestions?

Oh shit, down for this. I'm not particularly the PL type, so i don't have anything valuable. maybe someone else does who does PL. Sorry bro. but i'm in to see what you get going. Post up an example of your WO and let's break it down

J Wong
06-07-09, 2:11 pm
Well July is pretty soon to get too much stronger on your bench. Are you doing a bench only meet?

IRON_SOLDIER
06-07-09, 2:25 pm
Mondy will be my first bench workpout this week i will get it posted up monday night.

IRON_SOLDIER
06-07-09, 2:26 pm
Well July is pretty soon to get too much stronger on your bench. Are you doing a bench only meet?

No it is bench squat and deadlift on the first meet then bench and deadlift on the second meet

IRON_SOLDIER
06-08-09, 9:22 pm
well all i am goin for a new pr next week. Squat tuesday Bench thur and deadlift friday or sat..... I am goin in with everything i got and im leavin it all there so goin for a 260 bench 355 squat and a 385 deadlift.

mahscles
06-09-09, 3:14 pm
well all i am goin for a new pr next week. Squat tuesday Bench thur and deadlift friday or sat..... I am goin in with everything i got and im leavin it all there so goin for a 260 bench 355 squat and a 385 deadlift.

oh you got this man. light weight baby!

IRON_SOLDIER
06-09-09, 9:21 pm
oh you got this man. light weight baby!

YEA BUDDY

mahscles
06-10-09, 9:32 am
YEA BUDDY

how's the scale looking? you lose any more?

IRON_SOLDIER
06-10-09, 3:25 pm
how's the scale looking? you lose any more?

I am sittin at 190 started sunday 202

mahscles
06-10-09, 6:35 pm
I am sittin at 190 started sunday 202

good stuff man. cuts works well doesnt it?

IRON_SOLDIER
06-11-09, 9:27 pm
good stuff man. cuts works well doesnt it?

Bro I would recomend cuts to anyone tryin to get it done with burning fat

mahscles
06-11-09, 9:28 pm
Bro I would recomend cuts to anyone tryin to get it done with burning fat

yup yup

IRON_SOLDIER
06-11-09, 9:48 pm
I hit a new PR on bench And still got 4 weeks this is my first comp and only been PL for like 3 months. I have definatly gotten stronger and with some time left hopen for a nice turn out. After comp i will post results. If anyone is intrested in just how my PL is goin i will start Putting just my PL workouts on here. If not next time will be after comp.

mahscles
06-11-09, 9:55 pm
I hit a new PR on bench And still got 4 weeks this is my first comp and only been PL for like 3 months. I have definatly gotten stronger and with some time left hopen for a nice turn out. After comp i will post results. If anyone is intrested in just how my PL is goin i will start Putting just my PL workouts on here. If not next time will be after comp.

well you have 65 views so people are watching.

IRON_SOLDIER
06-11-09, 10:07 pm
well you have 65 views so people are watching.

Ok well my workout for pl is Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday so if u all are interested check those days and there will be a workout posted

ghost
06-11-09, 10:30 pm
Subbed
some of the people you may want the best advice from....
IRBS
Eric Downey
beastofrage
txpwrlftr
brandona
big wides
big byrd
big dog
sgt rock
squatordie
boom

i know there are more people that i am forgetting, but these are some of the best on here and they definitely know their shit.

mahscles
06-11-09, 10:31 pm
might want to check out some of sgt. rock's or g diesel's posts if you have any questions about PL btw. i figured i'd let you know.

ghost
06-11-09, 10:31 pm
might want to check out some of sgt. rock's or g diesel's posts if you have any questions about PL btw. i figured i'd let you know.

G is a Power Builder, not a power lifter. huge difference.

mahscles
06-11-09, 10:54 pm
G is a Power Builder, not a power lifter. huge difference.

he knows a lot about how to increase bench and things like that, so he could still be some help.

ghost
06-11-09, 10:59 pm
another big bencher to check out is powerswitch.... bobby fields is an amaing lifter with TONS of background, knowledge and insight

mahscles
06-11-09, 11:02 pm
another big bencher to check out is powerswitch.... bobby fields is an amaing lifter with TONS of background, knowledge and insight

yeah and j rock knows a lot about these things too, read up on him. ive read some of his stuff before and it is very educational toward what you are looking for bro

IRON_SOLDIER
06-12-09, 9:27 pm

hey bro thanks for the advise and the sub i will deffintly check into these names

IRON_SOLDIER
06-12-09, 9:27 pm
yeah and j rock knows a lot about these things too, read up on him. ive read some of his stuff before and it is very educational toward what you are looking for bro

cool bro thanx

IRON_SOLDIER
06-12-09, 9:35 pm
Alright brothers so i am goin for a new pr on deads tmrw so just carbin and restin tonight for tmrw comes the pain. I will post it tmrw evening so if ur interested check back in then. Current deadlift 360 goal a hell of alogt higer lol. No really i want atleast 400 but i will be happy with some growth.

ghost
06-12-09, 9:39 pm
Alright brothers so i am goin for a new pr on deads tmrw so just carbin and restin tonight for tmrw comes the pain. I will post it tmrw evening so if ur interested check back in then. Current deadlift 360 goal a hell of alogt higer lol. No really i want atleast 400 but i will be happy with some growth.

some good deadlift tips:

dont train deads weekly.
train rack pulls at variable heights
train GMs... Good Mornings
train reverse hypers
practice speed deads.
do NOT do a lot of sets when working up to a PR.

there are tons of other tips .....just ask around.

IRON_SOLDIER
06-12-09, 9:41 pm
some good deadlift tips:

dont train deads weekly.
train rack pulls at variable heights
train GMs... Good Mornings
train reverse hypers
practice speed deads.
do NOT do a lot of sets when working up to a PR.

there are tons of other tips .....just ask around.

Yea i actully started changing it up but comp is 4 weeks away so we are seein how much we grew.

IRON_SOLDIER
06-12-09, 9:42 pm
Just gettin the feel for heavy wieght

mahscles
06-12-09, 10:50 pm

get that shit up man. be careful though, 40 is a huge jump. i would aim for 385 and see how that feels.

IRON_SOLDIER
06-12-09, 11:01 pm
get that shit up man. be careful though, 40 is a huge jump. i would aim for 385 and see how that feels.

well bro iam goin to go for like 20 pds heavier then just keep goin till i cant pull anymore wieght

mahscles
06-12-09, 11:03 pm
well bro iam goin to go for like 20 pds heavier then just keep goin till i cant pull anymore wieght

yup. i went 10 lbs then stuck two more fives and then that was it last PR.

IRON_SOLDIER
06-12-09, 11:05 pm
yup. i went 10 lbs then stuck two more fives and then that was it last PR.

I am aiming high but will be happy with just hitting a new lvl

mahscles
06-12-09, 11:07 pm
I am aiming high but will be happy with just hitting a new lvl

yeah 5 lbs is a ton on PR days

IRON_SOLDIER
06-12-09, 11:11 pm
yeah 5 lbs is a ton on PR days

Bro tmrw i need to stay pumped not start to think negative

mahscles
06-12-09, 11:13 pm
Bro tmrw i need to stay pumped not start to think negative

you can get whatever you go for bro

IRON_SOLDIER
06-13-09, 11:59 am
I hit the next lvl in my PL journeyb with a new pr this morning. I pulled 375 with eaz was goin to keep goin but got comp comin up in 3 weeks so leavin it alone and try again in 2 weeks for a new pr but didnt want to do anything stupid so just left it at 375.

J Wong
06-13-09, 12:07 pm
I hit the next lvl in my PL journeyb with a new pr this morning. I pulled 375 with eaz was goin to keep goin but got comp comin up in 3 weeks so leavin it alone and try again in 2 weeks for a new pr but didnt want to do anything stupid so just left it at 375.

Good work. If you have 4 weeks left until your meet, I would recommend pulling only moderately heavy next week for triples. So based on a 375 max I would say anywhere from 325-345 for sets of 3. The week after that do some sort of deadlift variation such as good mornings or rack pulls, then take the following week off from deads altogether before your meet.

What are your goal lifts for your meet?

IRON_SOLDIER
06-13-09, 12:15 pm
Good work. If you have 4 weeks left until your meet, I would recommend pulling only moderately heavy next week for triples. So based on a 375 max I would say anywhere from 325-345 for sets of 3. The week after that do some sort of deadlift variation such as good mornings or rack pulls, then take the following week off from deads altogether before your meet.

What are your goal lifts for your meet?

yea we whre lookin into somethin like rack pulls for that week but we may just train with are openers for reps a litttle but thanks bro see where we go with it

IRON_SOLDIER
06-17-09, 8:51 pm
I hit a new pr today brothers in the squat box. I got a solid 345. feelin pumped and want to through a big prop to pump and sterol complex from animal got me jacked and fool of pump.

Hollow
06-17-09, 8:54 pm
A huge congrats to you IRON_SOLDIER!

IRON_SOLDIER
06-17-09, 8:57 pm
A huge congrats to you IRON_SOLDIER!

Thanks brother.

IRON_SOLDIER
06-18-09, 8:46 pm
Did a pretty basic workout for chest cuz i have deads tmrw.

BENCH 135x12
225x3
205x4
205x4
205x3
Incline dumbbells
50x8
60x8
65x6
decline
105x8
145x10
145x8
145x8
PECK DCK
130X6
115X8
100X10
100X8
100X8
100X8

SO BASICALLY JUST A LIGHT LITTLE CHEST BEFOR TMRWS PAIN OF DEADS.

IRON_SOLDIER
06-19-09, 7:36 pm
Well all i got the 405 and am pumped. It cam up pretty shity but it came up. You can check my journy to see the lifts

curran
07-18-09, 5:41 pm
congrats on nailing the 405 bro!!. thats defs a number that mentally plays with you eh. but you pulled that shit non the less, so congrats

wheres ur body weight at now man. was that a 2xbw pull??