PDA

View Full Version : leg workout poem, motivational

ronnie
06-09-09, 12:58 am
i was just snooping around another bodybuilding/training forum and saw this one dudes sig line, awesome! just wanted to share it with all of you. here it is...

Way down this road, in a gym far away, a young man was once heard to say, "I've repped high and I've repped low, No matter what I do my legs won't grow."

He tried leg extensions, leg curls, and leg presses, too. Trying to cheat these sissy workouts he'd do. From the corner of the gym where the big men train, Through a cloud of chalk and the midst of pain.

Where the big iron rides high and threatens lives, Where the noise is made with big forty fives. A deep voice bellowed as he wrapped his knees, A very big man with legs like trees.

Laughing as he snatched another plate from the stack, Chalking his hands and monstrous back, Said "Boy stop lying and don't say you've forgotten, Trouble with you is you ain't been SQUATTIN"

CavScout1980
06-09-09, 7:58 pm
I just got a flashback of my High School football coach reading us that quote.

ronnie
12-18-09, 12:51 pm
i just read in interesting quote in another web page and thought i would post it here, seems to fit.

"squat till you drop, eat when your down there and sleep when your full" simple and short, almost sounds stupid. best part is that it actually works.

ronnie
02-25-10, 11:08 pm
just read a great Kirk Karwoski quote today, i think this would be a good thread to post it under as some would say he is the king of squatting.

"Most power lifters share some common defects, as a whole for whatever reason, LOVE to punish, beat and torture ourselves beyond the limits of mind and body. It is our spirit that prevails. This defect of intelligence and sensibility pushes us onto the next level, makes us better and stronger. We all have lifted sick and badly hurt,, When this subject comes up with normal people and other meatheads, we all have the prideful smile when we talk about lifting with a 100 degree temperature or a torn groin. Thank God that therapy doesn't work on us."-Captain Kirk Karwoski