PDA

View Full Version : Grilled Chicken

AnthonyB
06-09-09, 8:21 pm
anyone got any good ways to dress up my grilled chicken? im a little bored with just using hot sauce and marinade. thanks

Feel The Power
06-09-09, 8:42 pm
by some frozen teriyaki veggies, it usually has a sauce packet included with it and its cheap. Cook it on the stove and add in chicken.

another one I like is making chicken fajitas, add a seasoning packet, peppers, onions, salsa, tomatoes, anything.. either serve is on top of rice or put it in a tortilla. You can even add some cheese to make quesadillas.

Those are 2 I can think of right now..

anyone got any good ways to dress up my grilled chicken? im a little bored with just using hot sauce and marinade. thanks

shizz702
06-09-09, 8:45 pm
Somtimes I like to squeeze a fresh lemon on mine after cooking it, gives it a nice zesty flavor.

NJC_Manhattan
06-09-09, 8:50 pm
Try out different rubs BBQ, old bay, etc. I also use hummus with my chicken. It's amazing

SQUAT or DIE!
06-09-09, 8:51 pm
i pan fry mine in some oil after some cajun seasoning... tasty for me...

mitch603
06-09-09, 8:53 pm
yo if you are bulking add some pesto, roasted red peppers and a slice of provolone cheese after the chickens cooked so the cheese will melt

AnthonyB
06-09-09, 9:09 pm
yo if you are bulking add some pesto, roasted red peppers and a slice of provolone cheese after the chickens cooked so the cheese will melt
nice!! im actually im a cut kinda. i grill the chicken a day in advance and by the next day its god awful and dry lol

mitch603
06-09-09, 9:13 pm
well instead of grilling it i would put it in a baking dish and bake it a 400 for about 25-30 mins. before you cook it you can add all your seasonings to it like Mrs. dash, pepper, anything you want. this comes out so juicy! just had it tonight with my buddy joeyNH.

AnthonyB
06-09-09, 9:14 pm
well instead of grilling it i would put it in a baking dish and bake it a 400 for about 25-30 mins. before you cook it you can add all your seasonings to it like Mrs. dash, pepper, anything you want. this comes out so juicy! just had it tonight with my buddy joeyNH.

cool. i think im gonna try mrs dash

mitch603
06-09-09, 9:17 pm
word bro

theharjmann
06-16-09, 10:02 am
Prepare a marinade:

Natural fat free yoghurt
Add pinch salt
Black pepper
Cajun
Red powder pepper (mmmmm)

Mix diced breast in this

oven gcook on light heat

amazing

CuttDeez
06-16-09, 10:07 am
Grilled Chicken 2 ways:

1. If you like simple and spicy get some chipotle powder, ancho chile powder, and then some cumin and paprika. Mix all those together and rub them on for a blackened spicy grilled breast

2. (This one is money):
5 cloves of garlic (pasted)
Zest of 2 lemons
palm full chopped Thyme
palm full chopped Rosemary
handfull chopped Flat leaf parsley
½ cup olive oil
Salt
Pepper

Take all the ingredients and put them into a bag with 6 breasts. Move the chicken around in it for about an hour. Then grill those suckers !!

DrewskiPHX
06-24-09, 5:34 pm
make a brine- 1/2 cup salt, in a pot of water, add chicken thighs - let sit for 2 hours in fridge

add to medium hot grill for 3 mins per side

then add to stove for 20 mins per side at 350 degrees

it wil lbe perfect

and when you reheat it, cover it up so all the steam doesnt evaporate - it wont be so dry

and use chicken thighs instead of breasts- thighs are fattier meaning more juicy

combatwombat
07-10-09, 1:50 am
I know your tired of Marinade. But this one is a solid and has worked for years. I always try new, but somehow I come back.

Olive Oil
Lemon Juice
Rosemary
Thyme

The lemon Juice breaks down the chicken and lets the oil and herbs in. Once you grill it up.

You got some serious grub.

Serve on a bed of blanched greens, or rice. (depending on your carbs)

I do the Chicken and Rice for my Noon meal and the greens for anything after noon.

Soldier
10-06-09, 10:49 am
I know your tired of Marinade. But this one is a solid and has worked for years. I always try new, but somehow I come back.

Olive Oil
Lemon Juice
Rosemary
Thyme

The lemon Juice breaks down the chicken and lets the oil and herbs in. Once you grill it up.

I do the Chicken and Rice for my Noon meal and the greens for anything after noon.

That is my new way to prepare chicken!

Love2lift21
01-20-10, 4:15 pm

Olive Oil
Lemon Juice
Rosemary
Thyme

I know its been a while, but how long would you grill/ bake this?

mritter3
01-20-10, 4:25 pm
stubbs makes a great chicken marinade, can pick it up at any grocery store...its awesome

Love2lift21
01-21-10, 10:11 am

I tried this last night, 15 minutes one side, flipped, 15 minutes the other. Came out dry... Should I cover it up to keep it juicy, or bring down the heat?

GJN5002
01-21-10, 10:58 am
Many times, I will boil the chicken for about 10 minutes so its basically cooked then take it out, throw my spices and rubs on , and then grill it so it doesnt dry out on the grill.

Love2lift21
01-21-10, 5:18 pm
Many times, I will boil the chicken for about 10 minutes so its basically cooked then take it out, throw my spices and rubs on , and then grill it so it doesnt dry out on the grill.

Aha, I like that idea thanks, will try that tonight actually, I have a couple in the fridge soaking up in brine... Thanks bro!

Love2lift21
01-21-10, 5:20 pm
Prepare a marinade:

Natural fat free yoghurt
Add pinch salt
Black pepper
Cajun
Red powder pepper (mmmmm)

Mix diced breast in this

oven gcook on light heat

amazing

How about this one, any idea on checking for doneness, or time? I'm trying to get in the habit of cooking my meals ahead...

U Mad Brah?
01-21-10, 5:29 pm

that's a good one GJN brah... keeps the chicken much moister brahs

can also marinade and put in the oven and then grill it brahs

Ardent
01-21-10, 6:04 pm
Wrap it in bacon and melt cheese on it!

GJN5002
01-22-10, 10:55 am
Wrap it in bacon and melt cheese on it!

why not just fry it in bacon fat first then wrap it in bacon and cheese? I think I just thought of my cheat meal.

The_Legacy
01-22-10, 4:51 pm
I sprinkle cyaenne pepper on mine, that provides a bit of a kick and dosen't make them so boring.

theharjmann
01-26-10, 3:58 am
How about this one, any idea on checking for doneness, or time? I'm trying to get in the habit of cooking my meals ahead...

it lasts a week.

recently ive gone off that recipe anyway. i just cook plain breasts on a george foreman grill and put nothing but a dash of cajun spice on....does the trick for me.

Ardent
01-26-10, 9:31 am
why not just fry it in bacon fat first then wrap it in bacon and cheese? I think I just thought of my cheat meal.

Thats keto gold haha =)

Girevik 69
02-05-10, 1:16 am

You can play around with Asian sauces... soy sauce, tamari sauce, hoisin sauce, etc. Try some sesame oil, too--it adds a nice, smokey flavor (a little goes a long way). Another interesting condiment is Japanese pepper (sansyo), which is the dried, ground leaves of the prickly ash tree. It's a green powder that has a vaguely citrus-like flavor, and it also has something of a numbing effect... hard to describe, but it's good. You can find it at Asian food markets.

Also, get one of those little health steamers, from the supermarket--the little metal contraption that fits in an ordinary cooking pot--it's great for steaming frozen veggies.