PDA

View Full Version : right side dominant but left side is stronger/bigger??

andrewT
06-10-09, 7:52 pm
This is really starting to piss me off!
I have been working with similar/light weight to perfect my form but no matter what I do my left side of my body always takes more weight, burns more, gets bigger, etc

My chest size on my left is noticeably larger than my right, and when I work chest my right barely feels anything. The only thing on my right side that is bigger/stronger is my bicep, and front delt!

Anyone else experience this? Same goes for flexing...I can flex my left side of my body like a champ, but my right, aside from bis...forget about it

I am right side dominant but I am beginning to think I have some sort of spinal misalignment, but I see a chiro all the time so I don't know what to do anymore!!!!!

frustrated to hell and back!

rocky36
06-10-09, 9:27 pm
if your not able to flex the majority of your muscles on your right side it sounds like its just a mind muscle connection problem. its something that your going have to focus on a lot more in order to see results.

as far as your right side being stronger even though your left side is bigger, that sounds like your left side has to work harder when useing the same weight... wich means more of a pump... wich means better growth... i could be wrong. but thats just my 2 cents, and agian i could be wrong lol

andrewT
06-11-09, 9:48 pm
It was leg day today

Again my left leg took pretty much all the weight and is burning/hurting wayyy more!

Maybe I should add more weights to my right side since it never feels anything in practically any excercise? Unilateral training?

wtf should I do! I am ready to pull my hair out!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mahscles
06-11-09, 9:50 pm
It was leg day today

Again my left leg took pretty much all the weight and is burning/hurting wayyy more!

Maybe I should add more weights to my right side since it never feels anything in practically any excercise? Unilateral training?

wtf should I do! I am ready to pull my hair out!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i have heard of people using unilateral training. on things such as leg extensions do them single legged and put more weight on the side that needs to be built more.

D-Bomb
06-11-09, 11:43 pm
yea same idea as above, try do more isolated workouts to specifically train what is lagging on either side but always aim for the same weight and reps, works for me, i have never had problems with it. since i stared training, if one arm did 8 reps even though im also right dominant id do 8 that side...unless your already doing that?

mahscles
06-12-09, 11:29 pm
yea same idea as above, try do more isolated workouts to specifically train what is lagging on either side but always aim for the same weight and reps, works for me, i have never had problems with it. since i stared training, if one arm did 8 reps even though im also right dominant id do 8 that side...unless your already doing that?

thats always worked for me as well. if you arent doing that you should be