PDA

View Full Version : Workout Drink

Big Phil
06-10-09, 10:58 pm
So im lookin around for a drink that i can down while i workout, currently i take this little recipe that i whipped up ( 1 orange flavored gatorade, 1 glass of water, 1 scoop of vanilla whey), now, it tastes great kinda resembles a cream sicle. But im wondering about the sugars in the gatorade and so on and im just wonderin if u can guys can hit me up with what you drink while you workout so i can get an idea as what product to buy, much appreciated.
-Big Phil

Firefist
06-10-09, 11:00 pm
citrus burst intra-aid. HANDS DOWN.

trust me, buy a tub and enjoy. youll thank me later.

Survivor831
06-11-09, 12:11 am
EAA Nitro + BCAA Stack makes a great drink as well

Cstlfx
06-11-09, 2:35 am
Big Ant's "Secret" Workout Drink:

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=4722

Intra Aid is also great, made specifically for Intra workout.

Big Wides
06-11-09, 6:22 am
Why change? That was my preworkout drink of choice back when I was in college. Ideally if you can afford Intra Aid, Torrent, EAA, ect, you could whip up:

1 scoop Torrent
1.5 scoops IntraAid
3 Servings EAA

However in my opinion what you are currently using is fine

Wasteland
06-11-09, 9:10 am
Intra-Aid, Citrus.

Big Phil
06-11-09, 2:29 pm
THanks for the help guys. Ive been lookin at a couple of those. However, Big Wides, You say the drink im currently doin works ok? Or is there a need to do something different?

C.Coronato
06-11-09, 2:36 pm
Citrus Intra Aid
Juicy Watermelon EAA. YUM.

Big Wides
06-11-09, 2:59 pm
THanks for the help guys. Ive been lookin at a couple of those. However, Big Wides, You say the drink im currently doin works ok? Or is there a need to do something different?

Used to drink it back in college when I was broker than I am now. It was a cheap intra drink but now I stick to the UN stuff

Big Phil
06-11-09, 4:41 pm
Used to drink it back in college when I was broker than I am now. It was a cheap intra drink but now I stick to the UN stuff

Ok thanks, yeah a little low on the cash might have to stick with this for a while, thanks for the help

t_mh
06-11-09, 4:51 pm
Intraaid is pretty expensive and comes in a rather small quantity..is it worth it?

Wasteland
06-11-09, 4:53 pm
Intraaid is pretty expensive and comes in a rather small quantity..is it worth it?

Worth it? That's your call based on value. However, there is good, cutting-edge science that supports the use of protein and carbs intraworkout.

Firefist
06-11-09, 7:07 pm

too be quite honest, the universal nutrition line's prices are alot cheaper compared to other brands with thier coresponding products. i have felt a significant difference in my workouts with my intra aid/carbmax mix.

Big C
06-11-09, 7:21 pm
I prefer the watermellon EEA stack intra workout (and nitro before/after....with Torrent after the Nitro).

This stuff is really fueling me right now and pretty soon I'm adding CarbMax.

t_mh
06-15-09, 6:37 pm
too be quite honest, the universal nutrition line's prices are alot cheaper compared to other brands with thier coresponding products. i have felt a significant difference in my workouts with my intra aid/carbmax mix.

Thanks, that's encouraging. I may try it out one of these days. I don't have an intra drink now and it seems like it could be useful.

rev8ball
06-15-09, 6:50 pm
Thanks, that's encouraging. I may try it out one of these days. I don't have an intra drink now and it seems like it could be useful.

You need to, bro. There is a TON of developing research supporting the importance of supplementation during intense exercise. Intra-Aid is great; I also use EAA Stack with Gatorade. Do whatever it takes and whatever you can afford. Even if you just grab something simple, getting carbs and proteins into you while working out will greatly benefit you.

jcarp
06-15-09, 6:51 pm
i drink water like workout drink

Cstlfx
06-16-09, 1:56 am
Intra-Aid is definitely worth it. It has 25 servings in it. You only take it while working out, so even if you workout 5 times a week, you get 5 weeks worth of a supplement. Not only does it have 8 grams of protein, but then you get 10 grams of amino acids. It has a great carb blend as well as electrolytes to help your hydration.

Overall a great supplement. Try it out and see if you like it, the flavors are excellent as well.

Tallwhitebread0042
06-16-09, 3:10 am
i promise you i got the best drink here...hands down. no offense to anyone of course!...

but if you drink protein during a workout, it takes the pump away from the muscle you are working because the stomach must work to break down the protein thus the blood from say the biceps if you are doing curls, some of it will go to the stomach so it can help break down the protein...this is why i think intra-aid is flawed.

ON THE OTHER HAND...

during the workout is the PERFECT time to have a shake...the shake must consist of the following to get maximum results...

1. CREATINE
2. BCAAs AND GLUTAMINE
3. WAXY MAIZE, DEXTROSE, ETC
4. I PERSONALLY LIKE GETTIN A "POWDERED GATORADE" and putting EAA STACK in it.

this way i get calories, bcaas, dextrose, and glutamine...did i mention its cheap and tastes DELICIOUS!? plus my energy levels never go down during the workout, my recovery time has doubled and im making some great gains after adding this to my stack!!!

Aggression
06-16-09, 8:42 am
Intra-Aid ain't that expensive fellas. 25 servings = 25 workouts. For me, that's 5 weeks worth of product. Your drink that you currently sip on is fine. If you feel the need for something better, and if you have the cash, grab some Intra-Aid.

Wasteland
06-18-09, 10:43 am
You need to, bro. There is a TON of developing research supporting the importance of supplementation during intense exercise. Intra-Aid is great; I also use EAA Stack with Gatorade. Do whatever it takes and whatever you can afford. Even if you just grab something simple, getting carbs and proteins into you while working out will greatly benefit you.

Great post.