PDA

View Full Version : Postworkout Alternative

'C' Huck
06-11-09, 8:56 am
I'm taking Torrent currently but it really gives me gas and I just wanted to know what you guys think a good alternative to Torrent would be? I can't make a blender shake. I do my workout before my family gets out of bed in the mornings so I can't have the noise of a blender but I can use a shaker bottle.

So fire some suggestions this way please. I'm ready to order something different that would be about the equivalent of Torrent or a good Post W/O drink.

Thanks for your help bro's...

CuttDeez
06-11-09, 9:07 am
PMed you

Wasteland
06-11-09, 9:09 am
I'm taking Torrent currently but it really gives me gas and I just wanted to know what you guys think a good alternative to Torrent would be? I can't make a blender shake. I do my workout before my family gets out of bed in the mornings so I can't have the noise of a blender but I can use a shaker bottle.

So fire some suggestions this way please. I'm ready to order something different that would be about the equivalent of Torrent or a good Post W/O drink.

Thanks for your help bro's...

I'm guessing it's the protein. Do you have similar experiences taking protein powders like whey?

'C' Huck
06-11-09, 9:18 am
I'm guessing it's the protein. Do you have similar experiences taking protein powders like whey?

No....I've taken a different brand of Protein, alone, in a shaker bottle with milk and I don't get the problem that I have with Torrent. But I know I don't get the other stuff that Torrent has for a good Post workout drink.....if that makes cense. hahaha

Fury317
06-11-09, 9:36 am
I dont know maybe its me being young and stupid but Id take the gas along with all the benefits that Torrent provides. Does it stick with you the whole day? Cause if not Id say just go through the hour or so of ripping some ass, and stick with the Torrent. I mean you said your fam is still sleeping so they wont mind hahaha.

But if you really want to switch it up, all you need is fast digesting carbs with a small amount of whey protein- for the fast absorption. Simple carb sources that work for me are gatorade, BANANAS, waxy maize starch, etc. And always do about 20g of whey.

When Im out of Torrent, which almost NEVER happens haha, I do this:
1 pack Nitro
1 scoop of whey isolate
3 bananas
1 20 oz gatorade

Wasteland
06-11-09, 9:45 am
No....I've taken a different brand of Protein, alone, in a shaker bottle with milk and I don't get the problem that I have with Torrent. But I know I don't get the other stuff that Torrent has for a good Post workout drink.....if that makes cense. hahaha

Have you used waxy maize starch before? Whey protein hydrolysates? If so, with those issues?

'C' Huck
06-11-09, 10:05 am
I dont know maybe its me being young and stupid but Id take the gas along with all the benefits that Torrent provides. Does it stick with you the whole day? Cause if not Id say just go through the hour or so of ripping some ass, and stick with the Torrent. I mean you said your fam is still sleeping so they wont mind hahaha.

But if you really want to switch it up, all you need is fast digesting carbs with a small amount of whey protein- for the fast absorption. Simple carb sources that work for me are gatorade, BANANAS, waxy maize starch, etc. And always do about 20g of whey.

When Im out of Torrent, which almost NEVER happens haha, I do this:
1 pack Nitro
1 scoop of whey isolate
3 bananas
1 20 oz gatorade

hahahaha...I hear ya Fury! I don't have the gas until later in the evening, so it's kinda weird but I have been writing down the days I take it and what I have during the morning and lunch and it all came down to the days I take the Torrent. Really weird. I thought it could have been the NO in the Storm Therapy that I take Pre W/O but I didn't have the problem when I only took ST on that day.

Great mix...I may try that.

Have you used waxy maize starch before? Whey protein hydrolysates? If so, with those issues?

No sir...I haven't had the waxy maize before. Before the Torrent I just used a simple Whey Protein and Milk. It wasn't an issue then.

Wasteland
06-11-09, 10:11 am
hahahaha...I hear ya Fury! I don't have the gas until later in the evening, so it's kinda weird but I have been writing down the days I take it and what I have during the morning and lunch and it all came down to the days I take the Torrent. Really weird. I thought it could have been the NO in the Storm Therapy that I take Pre W/O but I didn't have the problem when I only took ST on that day.

Great mix...I may try that.

No sir...I haven't had the waxy maize before. Before the Torrent I just used a simple Whey Protein and Milk. It wasn't an issue then.

So it could be the WMS or WPH, though I'm not sure if whey that's hydrolyzed would cause this reaction. You definitely want a supplement (as opposed to food) right? How about 6-12g of free form EAA + carbs (maltodextrin/dextrose, CARB Max, Carbo Plus, etc.) + creatine monohydrate?

'C' Huck
06-11-09, 10:37 am
So it could be the WMS or WPH, though I'm not sure if whey that's hydrolyzed would cause this reaction. You definitely want a supplement (as opposed to food) right? How about 6-12g of free form EAA + carbs (maltodextrin/dextrose, CARB Max, Carbo Plus, etc.) + creatine monohydrate?

Right...I def. want a supp. So I will take your advice and look into something. See what good stack I can come up with.

krazyassmexican
06-11-09, 10:55 am
how much carbs does torrent have?

i heard waxy maize over 40grams can cost gas and other shit, get some waxy maize, 40grams + 25grams of WPI

'C' Huck
06-11-09, 11:02 am
how much carbs does torrent have?

i heard waxy maize over 40grams can cost gas and other shit, get some waxy maize, 40grams + 25grams of WPI

It has 52 grams of Carbs....not sure how many grams of WM it has. So you are saying to get some WM by itself and add to some protein?

krazyassmexican
06-11-09, 11:16 am
It has 52 grams of Carbs....not sure how many grams of WM it has. So you are saying to get some WM by itself and add to some protein?

yup, that or just pure WPI

'C' Huck
06-11-09, 11:20 am
yup, that or just pure WPI

Cool...thanks everyone! I will finish out my Torrent (gas and all) because it is to expensive to not use, and then work up something new. I will inform of the progress!

Thanks for everyones time!

Wasteland
06-11-09, 11:27 am

No, I think he was saying what I said, that WMS can possibly cause the problem. If true, you would avoid it. I think a more basic maltodextrin/dextrose combination would be cheaper and a better place to start myself. Or just mix up with whey with Carbo Plus.