PDA

View Full Version : offseason training question

BeastCook
06-12-09, 10:30 pm
hey while im training for mass after my big compound moves is adding isolation moves a good idea? like for example after my presses for chest do some cable crossovers to finish my chest off, is that a good idea or should i just save all the flys and other cable stuff for show time?

Leadsled
06-12-09, 11:03 pm
hey while im training for mass after my big compound moves is adding isolation moves a good idea? like for example after my presses for chest do some cable crossovers to finish my chest off, is that a good idea or should i just save all the flys and other cable stuff for show time?

I use flys on a mass cycle and a lot of "generic" type workouts for building mass include it.

Pizzalamp
06-12-09, 11:39 pm
i think what matters most is how intense you train...if it includes cable crossovers, go for it...but i would def devote most of my time and energy to compound lifts...and not burn out on iso moves b4 u begin the big moves

what show do u plan on doing?

BeastCook
06-13-09, 12:43 am
i think what matters most is how intense you train...if it includes cable crossovers, go for it...but i would def devote most of my time and energy to compound lifts...and not burn out on iso moves b4 u begin the big moves

what show do u plan on doing?

yea thats what i mean, ill be focusing all on my big lifts then finish off with some isolation movements..... by show time i mean when im cutting bodyfat

prowrestler
06-13-09, 2:10 am
again, yes. do ur compounds first, finish off the muslce with isolation exercises done to isolate the muscle, so no dickin around with shit form

CuttDeez
06-13-09, 10:10 am
If your trying to cut for show time I would concentrate on the main movers because those will keep your hard mass up. When doing the secondary movements I would consentrate on really good form and if you are in a cut think about doing a lot of reps with high intensity along with your form. That way you are keeping up mass, but burning cals and gettin shredded at the same time.