PDA

View Full Version : Your thoughts??

Springster
06-14-09, 12:13 am
You know when there is that guy in the weight room that thinks he is really tough but does everything with the wrong form.

I was just wondering what your thoughts on people who drive their pelvis to the ceiling to increase their bench??

BE HONEST

Vaze_06
06-14-09, 12:25 am
think thats rule #12.. be above the frame

tho its one does also the work

2) Leave Your Ego At The Door ...
ILS... ELS... Lifters cheating with more weight than they can rightly handle... We've all seen it out there. Hubris? Insecurity? Who knows why and who fucking cares. It's not our place to judge. Live and let live. In here, we don't need any of that. We don't need the egos or the attitudes... We don't need to hear how you're better than everyone else in your gym, how you're more hardcore. There is always someone bigger and stronger than you... etc

i must say... who really cares, sooner or later he'll get injure and never come back. oh well...
there are better topics we can discuss about bro

CuttDeez
06-14-09, 1:02 am
Dude that is the same guy you see out at the bar wearing a skin tight wife beater with maxed chest hair. He is the guy that talks mad shit about every sport, but will look like a complete ass when he has to throw the baseball with his kid later in life (that is if he can fake it enough to get a girl to like him long enough). You will find the guys that are good guys out of the weight room actually care, while the d-bags in the weight room are d-bags in life. They will get whats comin for them. Till then lets concentrate on our iron.

Mizzarler
06-14-09, 1:27 am

GJN5002
06-14-09, 1:33 am
just laugh because sooner or later it will give him a fun injury

Vaze_06
06-14-09, 1:35 am

ahahah... dont know my numbers ... damn.. i should really go to sleep... lol

MVP
06-14-09, 2:53 am
You know when there is that guy in the weight room that thinks he is really tough but does everything with the wrong form.

I was just wondering what your thoughts on people who drive their pelvis to the ceiling to increase their bench??

BE HONEST

They can laugh at my lifts all they way - it's their form that I think is hilarious.

Turning a bench press into a decline press, turning a squat into a half squat, turning a strict barbell overhead press into a push press, things like this is what is going to get them nowhere.

Springster
06-14-09, 2:17 pm
They can laugh at my lifts all they way - it's their form that I think is hilarious.

Turning a bench press into a decline press, turning a squat into a half squat, turning a strict barbell overhead press into a push press, things like this is what is going to get them nowhere.

i agree with you

mritter3
06-14-09, 2:30 pm
strict form is always my first priority, but i dont laugh at those who instead of going ATG with there squatting only go about 5 inches up and down, cuz yeah sooner or later they will get injured and thats never funny

trainer89
06-14-09, 2:49 pm
i try to ignore these guys but sometimes i just cant help but stare. some of the things they do are crazy. but you guys are right, they will get injured one day cause of there ego. oh well....

weedlewott
06-14-09, 2:53 pm
I used to sit back and tell myself that I'm just gonna watch and quietly laugh to myself because they'll never get as big as they wanna be and are gonna get hurt eventually. But I usually watch a set and feel absolutely compelled to tell them that they're gonna get hurt. Especially the ones who love to bridge on the bench or curve their back on deads and squats. And to my surprise, they often enough listen to me and try to do proper form. Then get pissed when they can't do the same weight and go right back to it. Some people will never learn. it kinda irritates me though. So I've stopped doing it. Now I just shake my head and laugh quietly to myself and finish my sets. The right way.