PDA

View Full Version : Protein Choices for Lactose Intolerant...

uchytiln
06-14-09, 4:45 am
What do you guys recommend for a good protein supplement? I've looked everywhere for a decent lactose free protein shake, but I can't find anything with a high calorie content. Suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Cheers, Nate.

krazyassmexican
06-14-09, 8:49 am
it is called whey protein isolate
then you add oats, and natural pb to fit your calorie needs, cleaner and better than any gainer out there

PrimalForce
06-14-09, 10:47 am
Have you looked at hemp or rice protein? They may not be as calorie dense but it's guaranteed to have zero lactose.

Wasteland
06-15-09, 4:29 pm
Just how sensitive are you to lactose? Or put another way, do you want a completely lactose-free supplement?

K Stro24
06-15-09, 5:00 pm
Ultra Iso Whey is a solid protein by Universal that has no lactose in it, and many of the other proteins dont have much lactose in it either such as Ultra Whey Pro. If you are very sensitive to it, like I am, then casein protein will give you some problems. But as far as whey goes, I've never had a problem with it. To substitute for a gainer, which will likely contain casein, use what was stated previously, oats and peanut butter. When I make my gainers, I always use some sort of lactose free milk, whether its Lact-aid or raw milk. I can't stand soy milk.

LegendKillerJosh
06-16-09, 12:24 am
Just take lactase pills with your meal, it will prevent cramps.

williams_888
06-16-09, 11:33 pm
get any pure isolate from new zealand. theres no hormones or antibiotics used in there stuff, and its suitable for lactose people. and like he said before, add oats and whatever oils you need to make your shake.

JeremyT
06-17-09, 8:05 pm
Im lactose intolerant as well, and I can still use a blended protein without any issues. Your best bet is either an isolate as the guys said, or another kind of protein.

uchytiln
06-18-09, 1:56 pm
Appreciate it fellas.

GJN5002
06-18-09, 2:01 pm
Just take lactase pills with your meal, it will prevent cramps.

I think lactase and protease together might help. Lactase for the lactose and protease for the protein. Other than that just get a high quality iso whey