PDA

View Full Version : CLOSED: New "SCR" Torrent Flavor Announced & How To Score Some Free

naturalguy
06-16-09, 1:09 pm
http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r217/er1994/UniversalManLogoYellow.jpg

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r217/er1994/Torrent-3.jpg

Torrent the bodybuilder's post workout drink will soon be available in a 3rd great flavor. The formula is outstanding and we have done a great job with flavoring this product. The debate rages on about which is better Cherry Berry Blast or Green Apple Avalanche. Well know there is a new kid on the block. We beta tested this flavor here on the FORVM and on bb.com . Based on your feedback we should have the final product ready to ship around the first of July.

Torrent FAQ's:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=1897461&highlight=Torrent

We have been hinting at the new flavor and somehow the initials leaked out of SCR. Many people have guessed at the flavor, well here it is officially......................................

Sour
Citrus
Rush

The flavor is outstanding. We have been really cranking out some great new flavors lately at the U.

Here is your chance to score some. We are going to give out 5 full tubs of the new flavored Torrent. For your entry please tell us how Torrent has (or will if you've never used Torrent) changed your post workout supplement protocol. For me Torrent replaced 6-7 different powders that I used to mix (that tasted like crap). We will pick the best entries.

Rules: U.S. only, must be 18 and over. Promo will end 7/07/09

CuttDeez
06-16-09, 1:17 pm
Torrent is a fantastic product. I have only been able to use it once becuase it is pretty expensive and being in college makes it hard for me to afford supplements on top of all my other expenses. I love the waxy maize supplement and I spend days searching for discount priced products that I can mix with a whey protein. You can tell the difference and feel how quickly the protein is absorbed. The problem is waxy maize is becoming more and more popular and prices are going up in this economy. Torrent would definatly make my life easier! Like I said I have used it once before (apple) and I fell in love with it. When you try and mix your own wazy and whey the tastes don't blend and the texture is pretty jacked up some times. Torrent was always tasty and smooth. Right now I am training towards my first ever powerlifting event on August 8th. My job this summer is funding supplements as well as next school years rent on my appartment in college. Having a tub of some torrent would be AWESOME to say the least. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Mr. Aestheticz
06-16-09, 1:17 pm
I Love And Live By Torrent, I Know A Lot Of Bb'ers Who Say Dextrose And Whey Is Enough For Them, But For Me It Is, With The Added Aminos, Creatine, Glutamine, And Everything Else And There Mother Torrent Has Exceeded My Off Season Gains To Extreme Heights!

Ever Since Starting My Off Season I Have Been Using Torrent Non-stop, It Took Me From 185 Lbs Post From My Show To A Large 235 Lbs. Torrent Mixed With A Solid Diet And Str8 Up Hard Work I Have Made Great Gains To Help Me Excel In Getting Ready For My Next Show!

Torrent Never Ever Leaves My Gym Bag, This Is To Ensure That I Am Taking After Every Single Training Session And I Never Miss It. I Have A Lot Of People Approach Me And Ask Me About Torrent And I Break It Down To Them Real Quick. I Actually Had One Guy Go Out And Buy Because Of The Gains He Has Seen I Have Made ;0)

Mmmmm Cherry Berry, Might Have To Make That A Post- Wo Slushy, Yummy!

I'll Never Stop Taking Torrent Or Switch To Anything Else No Matter What Anyone Says Or Tried To Convince Me Other Wise Lmao!

...easy!!!

P.s. Good Luck To All The Participants!

Fury317
06-16-09, 1:22 pm
Oh man, GREAT promo naturalguy!

Torrent has literally changed my life! Like you, I was mixing and matching different powders for a couple years and could never really come up with any winner. Stuff like chocolate whey with bcaa, glutamine and lemon gatorade powder. Needless to say- tasted like complete ass. Got the job done, kind of, but man it was not worth it. Once Torrent came out, I thought "damn what do I have to lose its kind of expensive but Ill try it". After one serving of Cherry Berry Blast I was hooked! There was no turning back! I immediately shared my new found wonder supp with my training partner but he was a little hesitant becuase he knew I was biased when it came to Universal and Animal. BUT I got him to try it and he hasnt been without it since then. Since Universal released Torrent, I would guess that there has not been over three day total that I have not had Torrent after a workout- and thats because there had been a shipping fuck up or something haha.

I personally live for the Nitro/Torrent combo. I honestly believe there is no better combination of supplements for post workout nutrition and recovery. There is no way the formula could be improved. NONE! Im a graduating nutrition major and have studied exercise science as well, so I am aware of how important post workout nutrition is- and nothing tops what Torrent provides!

Im psyched about the new flavor and cant wait to pick up a tub- that is if I dont win one haha. I had the privledge of trying it at the Arnold and let me say, the 10 winners are 10 very lucky Animals!

hardworkE
06-16-09, 1:31 pm
First of all, this is a great Promo here. I'm a huge fan of all Universal/Animal products, and Torrent is definitely in the top group of them. Not only did I struggle to concoct my own PWO shake to get in all the essential aminos, creatine blend, fast-absorbing carbs and protein, but it usually tasted more like a pixie stick than anything else. Universal has the perfect balance of nutritional value and taste. I started with Cherry Berry Blast, then got informed about GAA and now I don't know which one is better. The taste is something that I look forward to after every single workout. I am looking forward to trying out the Sour Citrus Rush.

Great job to the entire Universal/Animal team for constantly coming out with something new and keeping us all interested. Torrent is a staple in the post-workout routine, and adding to an already great line of flavors is exciting. Good luck to everyone on here.

futurefreak101
06-16-09, 1:36 pm
IN.

i used to drink a chocolate whey protein shake after every workout..truth be told it tasted like crap after an intense workout and your just dying for a thirst.

i discovered some PWO powders but eventually got hooked on the cherry berry blast torrent..it taste like a gatorade only better. i sometimes mix it with the green apple to change things up. it satisfies my thirst. has made my body fuller over time then just consuming regular whey protein after workout...and besides whats better then torrent after a leg workout when your glycogen is depleted.

great product.
taste great.
not expensive.

solid 10.

Universal Rep
06-16-09, 1:39 pm
Best flavor of Torrent.... Yet. Serious.

Flash419
06-16-09, 1:39 pm
Torrent is the BEST post workout drink.. PERIOD!

Post workout nutrition is the MOST important time to get your body what it needs. Protein, Carbs, Creatine, BCAAs... Torrent has it all. In the perfect ratios, easy to mix, tastes good, ready to go.

I put 3 scoops in a big shaker and throw it in my bag when I leave the house and head for the gym. After my last set, I mix it up and drink it on the way home. Digests quick, and doesn't leaving you feeling bloated. By the time I get home and shower, I'm ready for another meal. But I know all the important bases have been covered.

Torrent is easily one of the best supplements out there, and quickly noticed when its gone. This is a supplement you DON'T want to run out of.

Big C
06-16-09, 1:41 pm
I rarely sign up for these promos, for example Project C wasn't something I was interested at the time b/c I am bulking. But this is great opportunity and I am definately in for this promo with hopes to win a tub of the new flavor.

Honestly, I cannot remember the last time I went without Torrent after a workout. Three scoops are always in my shaker cup for my ride home after the gym. I pop my Nitro, shower and then sip on Torrent the rest of the way home. Most people forget how important PWO supplementation is but Torrent covers all your bases. I've also gotten several others at my gym hooked on it....they always ask me, "What is that delicious looking green stuff in your shaker?" By the time I get home I can tell my muscles are recovering because of the Torrent and I have a sense of "fullness" which is great. There is a big difference between using this stuff and not using it. Before Torrent came out, I would feel flat after my workouts and although a meal would help, I just felt my muscles were wasting away before I could get to that meal. Now, along with Pak, Flex, Storm and Nitro, Torrent is a staple in my supplement regimen until I ever decide to diet for a show.

I have been through about 8-10 huge tubs of Cherry and 5-6 tubs of the Green Apple and have eagerly been anticipating the release of the new flavor. With the rough economy you know Big C would greatly appreciate a compimentary tub of the new flavored Torrent. And you should also know it will not go to waste....as I bust my ass in the gym 24/7. There are no breaks for me.

Thanks for considering me and I will continue to support Universal/Animal to the fullest just like I have for years now.

On Letting Go
06-16-09, 1:47 pm
Let me start off by saying that I've never tried Torrent before.

For years I've been searching for that 'be-all end-all' product for my post-workout supplementation... and i've yet to find it. I've tried all kinds of protein and carb mixes, as well as plenty of my own messy concoctions, none of which satisfied my expectations.

I want a product that delivers everything a true Animal needs after a grueling workout. An all-encompassing product that conveniently combines the solid nutrition and great taste that we all crave.

With that being said, i would love to get the chance to run Torrent. I believe this could be the product that forever ends my search for the perfect post-workout supplement.

OnLettingGo

BobbyB11
06-16-09, 1:49 pm
I am a fan of the Green Apple flavor, and for me Torrent has replaced a couple of different powders that I used to mix together. I had a glutamine powder-vanilla, a whey protein-vanilla, a carb powder-waxy/dextrose/malodex, and then creatine, usually just a basic mono with no flavor. Mix all these in with some water, take a gulp, and try not to puke. The puke rising in the back of my throat was not from hard training which would be ok, but from the taste and texture of my pwo cocktail. The other problem was that each of the containers had different serving sizes. So I would run out of creatine one week, and then glutamine the next. Other than supplementing my diet with whey protein, these were my only real supps. I tried a sample of the Green Apple, and then looked at the nutrtional info, and was hooked. While I'd love to score a free tub, its ok if I don't because I will continue to take it whether its free or not.

Reacher34
06-16-09, 1:54 pm
I can't wait for the new flavor of Torrent. In my opinion, Torrent is the pinnacle of post workout nutrition. Before torrent, I would mix universal's EAA stack, BCAA stack, and waxy maize together. The waxy maize made it taste like a chalky mess. Torrent's taste is spectacular, and the profile is superior than any concoction that I could have cooked up. With 20 grams of high quality protein thrown in to start off the anabolism right.

Green apple avalanche is my favorite flavor of ANY KIND of supplement right now. If Universal is claiming that the new SCR flavor is even better, then sign me up. I'd love to try a bucket of this stuff and put it to good use!

OklahomaMuscle
06-16-09, 2:00 pm
A chance at a tube of torrent is just too hard to pass up. I had long been a user of the whey/dextrose/amino mix post workout, and while it works it is definitely something I didn't look forward too immediately pwo. All this changed when I ordered my first tub of Torrent now GAA has been my flavor for going on 6 months now and the results have been phenomenal. Bigger, leaner, and way STRONGER and I attribute a lot of that to proper pre-intra-post workout supplementation, and Torrent is definitely the catalyst to all of this. Torrent is the only supplement i have ever taken that I actually CRAVE on off days, I have honestly been Jones'n for some Torrent on days off from the gym, it's addicting!! I recently started the Oklahoma ABC and was sent a tub for my guys to share and EVERYONE loves it, the samples given to just casual lifters have caused a torrent epidemic here in Oklahoma...haha. The owner of the Nutrition store next door had never taken Torrent and upon trying it plans to make it not only a staple in his supplement arsenal but also a supplement carried in his shop. I love Torrent, and while Green Apple Avalanche makes my mouth water, I dig the Citrus idea and would love to give it a run. Thank you Universal for the opportunity and for continued innovation and honesty in an often times shady industry. You are the ONLY supplement company for this Animal, Much respect...

pmug0000
06-16-09, 2:28 pm
I've been using Torrent since CBB first came out and loved it, then switched over to GAA as soon as it was released and loved it even more. It's hard for me to even remember what I was doing for PWO before that... I think I was mixing some whey and orange juice together. It goes without saying that obviously Torrent was a big step up from that. I think hands down it's got the best profile of any PWO product out right now. Basically it's changed my PWO protocol by hugely improving upon it. The best sources of carbs and protein, along with the huge leucine content in Torrent just can't be beat.
Also the new label is pretty bad ass. When I'm mixing up my shake in the locker room after lifting people often ask me what I'm using and I let them check it out. I've given out a couple samples to some buddies and converted them into Torrent fans as well.

B Con
06-16-09, 2:32 pm
Oh sweet mother it has arrived!

Universal Rep
06-16-09, 2:44 pm
Oh sweet mother it has arrived!

Finally...

Nix0r
06-16-09, 2:47 pm
Torrent, without a doubt, is the end all be all in terms of post workout supplementation. From its absolutely amazing ingredient profile, to it's even better taste, I don't think I will ever find myself going to anything else. Having only been in the Iron Game for a little over a year now, I have truly seen what Torrent, alongside a solid diet and workout regime can do to you. The gains I've seen while on Torrent have been nothing short of fantastic. It's one of those products where if you run out of it, and haven't ordered/ran out/sprinted like a madman to the nearest store to get some, you can feel the effects. Not only that, it just generally makes me sad when I scoop out the last serving, and am waiting for the next shipment.

The opportunity to try out Universal's newest flavor of this product, especially being in college, when funds are already tight, in conjunction with our present economy, anything free is always something that excites/makes me look forward to.

-Nix0r

InkdMuscle
06-16-09, 3:01 pm
For me torrent was a god send. I have always read that the "window" after your post work out is the most crucial time in order to flush all the nutrients into the muscles to start replenishing what you have lost and to start building more muscle. So before torrent I was always rushing home to mix my BCAA's,EAA's, my protein, and carbs into a shake to get it down fast and then prepare my meal. THen if i knew i wasnt going to be able to head home right after the gym i had to pack about 3-4 different tubs into my gym back so that way when i was done at the gym i could mix my drink and get it down in order not to have a wasted work out. Then low and behold. the clouds opened up the sun shined and god said "let there be torrent" =). I grabbed a tub of the cherry and it had everything i needed form the vitamins to the carbs to the proteins all in one. So all i had to do was scoop it into a shaker and be done with it. chug and enjoy. Not to mention if i had to take of some where i did have to lug a whole bunch of containers around. just grab a couple of scoops and was good to go.

I would be honored to try the new flavor as Torrent has been and always been be a staple in my arsenal.

musclealchemist
06-16-09, 3:11 pm
Torrent has changed my Postwork out shake because i never used to use a PWS, but since i have used torrent, i never want to be without. Recovery time with torrent is very fast, plus the flavors are awesome. Not taking torrent post workout is terrible for me because when i dont, it sometimes can take a week for me to fully recover. I would love to get some SCR; i can almost taste its good as i type this. Peace.

Littlefry
06-16-09, 3:17 pm
Damn Id jump on this, Sadly Im from canada and only U.S residents, oh well I jsut bough another 5lb tub of cherry blast to go along with my green apple.

naturalguy
06-17-09, 9:33 am
I can't wait to sip on the new Torrent flavor in my new Universal shaker cup

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r217/er1994/NYC%20ABC/LongIslandABC012.jpg

Mr. Aestheticz
06-17-09, 9:36 am

I THINK MY BRIEFS WENT FROM GRAY TO BROWN!!!!!!!

NO WONDER THE OLDER RED TOPPED SHAKERS WERE BEING GIVEN AWAY FOR FREE AT THE ARNOLD, AH HA I SEE, I AM STARTING TO CATCH ON TO ALL THE LIL TRICKS LOL!

Fury317
06-17-09, 10:06 am

NO WONDER THE OLDER RED TOPPED SHAKERS WERE BEING GIVEN AWAY FOR FREE AT THE ARNOLD, AH HA I SEE, I AM STARTING TO CATCH ON TO ALL THE LIL TRICKS LOL!

x 10000000000000.....straight brown Mr A. haha

DAMN THOSE THINGS ARE AWESOME!!

Hey natguy, when are those going ot be available, cause im gonna buy 3 haha

naturalguy
06-17-09, 10:16 am

If you would have shown up at the ABC this past weekend in Long Island you would have one in your hands right now

x 10000000000000.....straight brown Mr A. haha

DAMN THOSE THINGS ARE AWESOME!!

Hey natguy, when are those going ot be available, cause im gonna buy 3 haha

They should be available soon. I know there is going to be a special version with an AWO stack sampler also available at some retailers

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r217/er1994/Universalshaker.jpg

Big C
06-17-09, 10:22 am
Damn those are some sweet ass shakers! I can say for sure that Sour Citrus Rush Torrent would go well with the shaker color and taste pretty damn good too!!!

Mr. Aestheticz
06-17-09, 10:24 am
If you would have shown up at the ABC this past weekend in Long Island you would have one in your hands right now

WELL YOU SHOULDVE DONATED SOME TO THE DE ABC, OH WAIT YOU COULDN'T BECAUSE YOU WERE MIA AS WELL!

LOL WERE YOU GONNA PAY FOR MY PLANE TICKET AND GIVE ME A PLACE TO SHACK UP?

Fury317
06-17-09, 10:24 am
They should be available soon. I know there is going to be a special version with an AWO stack sampler also available at some retailers

Damn thats sweet. I dont really need the sampler since I havent been without Torrent since it came out haha, and I also use ST and Intra.

But might as well pick it up in a gift pack!

Thats a really good idea though, Im sure Universal will get a lot of Torrent, Intra, and ST sales from this sampler...the shaker pulls you in and then you realize you cant live without the Universal supplements haha genius marketing.

Hoomgar
06-17-09, 12:45 pm
Nice! This is a must have! Best flavor yet IMHO.

Hg

Hoomgar
06-17-09, 12:46 pm

An awesome idea! It just looks right together :)

AFTazz06
06-17-09, 2:32 pm
To me Torrent has been my best kept secret to all those guys that ask me in the gym how i'm growing in size so quickly. I know that nutrition is the solid foundation to building a good, strong, solid physique. But there's also good supplementation to be added in the mix, and i know that with Torrent i'm getting exactly what i need after hitting the weights. Exact amount of protein to be absorbed into my muscles, along with aminos to help rebuild them. And ofcourse not to mention the awesome falvor, Green Apple has been my favorite so far, i cant wait to try this new flavor. I always look forward to drinking Torrent on my drive home from the gym, and there's never any doubt in my mind that i'm skipping out on the anabolic window starting off my training session with Nitro, intra-aid during, and topping things off with Torrent. I too, like alot of other guys, used to mix other powders, Glutamine, BCAAs, Protein, etc. but i always felt like i was bloated or took too much of something, with Torrent i know that 3 scoops is all i need and its all in there, everything i need for recovery, so no need to worry, Torrent has it covered from A-Z!!

J Wong
06-17-09, 2:41 pm
Last summer was my first venture into a powerlifting orientated routine. This obviously took a toll on me throughout the weeks and had me exhausted and run down after the workout throughout my night. At the time I was having whey protein and a banana post workout for my quick digesting protein/carb mix... this was my post workout meal. Then after some research, I found all the positive reviews on Torrent and decided to take my weekly pay (2 nights a week) and ordered a tub of Torrent when I got home from work. I ordered the cherry flavor and the first time I drank it post workout, it was awesome. The flavor alone was worth the buy in my opinion. After about a week of drinking Torrent post workout, I realized I feel refreshed the night after I lifted. I always felt run down after squat days, but I honestly feel Torrent then a meal an hour after it really sped up my recovery. When I ran out of Torrent I noticed the difference right away.

Mr. Dead
06-17-09, 3:44 pm
An awesome idea! It just looks right together :)

x2!!!

McFly
06-17-09, 3:51 pm

gangsta!!!!!

I likes me some torrent pre-workout!! I always do things backwards!

E-Train
06-17-09, 6:13 pm
Torrent, I think I could use a flavor switchup, this shit is legit and has no fillers unlike other PWO supps from newer companies. Plus I have made some real and serious bodymass gains from torrent. It's the only other PWO supp that I trust besides my real gains strawberry. The Rush flavor sounds promising in terms of bringing a new meaning to torrent's reputation. Send me a tub please.

TigerAce01
06-17-09, 10:03 pm
I can remember perfectly the day I first used Torrent. It was GAA, and during my lunch break I went next door to obliterate my arms. I mixed it up in my shaker, and took a sip. I was hooked.

Then months went by and I continued to use Torrent...and my bodyweight was up over 30 lbs.

Before Torrent, I underestimated the importance of a complete post workout cocktail. I used to simply chug down some gatorade or other high sugar drink when I went back to work. Beyond that, I was too busy to even get in a whole food meal until hours later. It provided an extremely quick, efficient, and perfect supplement to cover my needs. Torrent was the milestone supplement that changed me from someone who worked out...to an athlete that paid attention to every detail.

Weight before Torrent: 170 lbs
Weight since starting Torrent: 220+lbs

-Ace

K Stro24
06-18-09, 1:01 am
I first tried torrent sometime in January of this past year, and from then on I have been hooked. After every workout these past couple of months, its been there waiting for me. But being in college doesn't exactly allow me the extra cash to spend on it. However, I have always found a way to buy it, because I know it works and I can trust it to lift me up after a long workout. In the past, I used to just chug down a cocktail, usually some creatine mixed with protein and some gatorade powder. A nasty mix but I didn't know there was any better til I tried this. And everytime someone asks me why I'm carrying around a big protein bottle, I tell them what its about.

Thanks for the opportunity to get my hands on this stuff.

DanTheMan
06-19-09, 3:10 am
I haven't tried torrent yet, but I would love to. I've heard about all the great gains and recovery it can result in. Right now, all I'm doing for postworkout is oatmeal and protein. I'd love a chance to test it out, both the flavor and the product. 1. because i love citrus-- haha and 2. I want to see how I can personally benefit from it and see how my lifting progresses and how my body reacts to it. I've read about many studies about waxy maise and dextrose, but I'm kind of an old-school follower (even though I'm just 18.) so I follow the whole just eat whole foods, maybe a protein shake here and their, and your daily vitamins. BUT! I'd love to get my hands on this and become a believer and see where torrent can accelerate my lifting and body as a whole!

rmeguy
06-19-09, 4:25 am
The first time i tried Torrent was actually in a care package i got. As with everyone else i know, i didnt know how important it was to 'replinish' yourself PWO. Ever since that day (id say it was about 2 months ago) i have since ordered more and have just watched myself grow from 235 to 253 lbs. I am now getting ready to start my next bulk cycle before i head back to Germany and can think of nothing better than to get up to around 265. Not to mention that citrus is my favorite kind of drink and was hoping you guys would soon make one. Good Luck to all.

-Ben

dannynb
06-19-09, 8:35 am
Most of my years in lifting and competing, I have played the role of mad scientist, always mixing and measuring to find a quality mix that fulfills my needs pre- and post- workout. Some turned out good and some were complete and disgusting failures. Finally giving in and trying Torrent I no longer have to mix and match, because everything I was trying to achieve was already mixed. So now I just toss it in my shaker, throw in some water, give it a shake and I'm good to go. Of course I do get looks when mixing up a pwo drink and having some pre-workout....but that's another story. I'm in my off season right now growing daily, and believe you me, Torrent is helping in that. I'm sitting heavier than I ever have in the off season and I have almost a year to go before Texas State Championships in 2010!! So bring it on, a new flavor to the arsenal can't do anything but help me walk on stage heavier and thicker in the end.

mritter3
06-19-09, 11:20 am
okay i have been using torrent since it has first arrived in the UN line up...cherry berry blast is by far the best tasting pwo drink i have ever had....although sour citrus rush sounds pretty good too....i was using a carbohydrate product, a creatine product, a glutamine product, and a whey product for my post workout drink...now its just torrent, there is nothing like it. like i said been using it since it first came out on the market...and will never use anything else. with all the research that has been done and has shown how important the right combination of carbs and protein are pwo, there is nothing better than torrent is has just the right amount everything you need...nothing that you dont. thanks for the great opportunity and good luck to everyone.

Big C
06-19-09, 9:07 pm
C'mon Animals.....I want one of those new shakers as bad as the next guy but what's gonna improve your workouts the shaker or this Torrent? Let's get some more replies in here fellas.

There is more than double the replies for the shaker as in here....unless you are dieting for a show or simply can't afford the stuff this is one supplement that MUST be in your arsenal. Let's see some more responses and may the best men win!

pmug0000
06-19-09, 9:33 pm
C'mon Animals.....I want one of those new shakers as bad as the next guy but what's gonna improve your workouts the shaker or this Torrent? Let's get some more replies in here fellas.

There is more than double the replies for the shaker as in here....unless you are dieting for a show or simply can't afford the stuff this is one supplement that MUST be in your arsenal. Let's see some more responses and may the best men win!

Shhh let's keep this thread a secret so those of us who post have a better chance of winning...just sayin'

Littlefry
06-20-09, 8:35 pm
Open it up to Canadians, and Id jump on it as fast as Usain Bolt!

Phoenix Rising
06-20-09, 11:03 pm
Big fan of Torrent. Love the two current flavors and the new one sounds awesome as well!! Perfect timing as I am getting back to the gym after a six month medical layoff due to nerve damage and a blood clot to boot. I have my Pak, Test, Omega, Uni-Liver, and EAA Stack (Watermelon of course!) ready to go. All I am missing is that crucial after workout piece called Torrent. I would love to have a the new SCR flavor as I get back to kicking ass in the gym.

Austin4205
06-20-09, 11:45 pm
i havent used torrent, right now other than the pak,stak, protein i cant afford much else, but i first heard of it when i read franks book, and now that the new flavor is coming i would love to try it i will give all the honest facts. i just really want the honor if i was selected to try a new animal product. its also gonna come in handy cause in about 2 weeks it back to the weights, to get ready for the arnold classic in march.

so maybe i can get my stak to look like this
pak
stak
shock
torrent =)

BamBam
06-21-09, 12:06 am
Well, Torrent was first added to my supplement line when at the 2007 Arnold Classic my buddy Phil gave me a sip of his cherry torrent. I was hooked from day one! I knew thisshit was different...special! So, I talked to J-Dawg the next day and he helped hook me up with a tub of cherry torrent. I began my new week with anew split, and a new post workout shake. It was different all around and the results r what set this powder apart from everything else. After about 2 weeks of using it, I began my pre-contest diet for the show I wanted to do (the Erik Fankhouser Mid Atlantic Grand Prix). My diet was spot on, and I began to gain weight, but lose bodyfat. My strength stayed up, and I felt good through the first 4 weeks of my diet. Well, then I ran out of torrent. So, I decided to wait on buying more, until all of a sudden, my strength, fullness, and all around demeanor went down the shitter. Workouts were lacking that extra "umph"...and I knew why! Diet didnt change, my preworkout ANIMAL Pump didnt change, my sleep was good, life was ok...but no torrent. Well, I got online, bought myself anothertub of cherry and was able to use what most call a "mass building" powder, ON A CUT! My body just responds well to this stuff. I can cutdown carbsthe rest of theday, allowing me to take in more protein and fats. I was extremely happy with my results, and the way I looked and felt while on it. I just recently had a birthday (my 22nd), so if I dont win this then I will use my bday cash to buy some...but free torrent would be awesome lol! And, as it did before, and as Naturalguy said, it saved me the hassle of buying more powders, rather than just the one!

Good luck everyone and whoever wins....PUT THIS TO GOOD USE!!!

IN IRON,
BB-

Big3
06-21-09, 1:27 am
The Cherry, then the apple, and now citrus! I love Torrent and have been using it as a post workout/post conditioning/post practice drink for some time. Being a college football player is very demanding especially once practices start. I've used Torrent to help me recover from workouts and to replenish glycogen after conditioning workouts. The fact that Torrent comes in two, now three great flavors makes it a top choice after training because the last thing I want to choke down after 3 hours of sweating is some nasty, shitty powdered drink. Choose me because I really wanna try mixing all three flavors together and I want to recover at a rate as close to my geared up teammates.

Universal Rep
06-23-09, 1:14 pm
Sour Citrus Rush. To begin shipping from Corporate on or before 7/1/09.

TheDarkHalf
06-23-09, 1:25 pm
Here is your chance to score some. We are going to give out 5 full tubs of the new flavored Torrent. For your entry please tell us how Torrent has (or will if you've never used Torrent) changed your post workout supplement protocol. For me Torrent replaced 6-7 different powders that I used to mix (that tasted like crap). We will pick the best entries.

Torrent is so convenient! For me, it's usually a way to get in some solid PWO nutrition right away. When I was at school i'd lift at the on campus gym, and i'd generally have a 30 min trip until I made it in the door. Like I said that was just getting in the door, so by the time I'd gotten all settled in and sat down to eat 45min to an hour would have passed. If it wasn't for torrent, the next thing passing would have been me! I always start getting real light headed and woozy if I don't have anything to eat within 45min to an hour PWO - in essence torrent is the lifters lifesaver.

I never really had a PWO supplement protocol until torrent came along. It wasn't until this product came about that I really realized that PWO nutrition is extremely important, and there is a body of science behind it backing it up.

BrennANIMAL
06-23-09, 9:30 pm
Unlike most of the other replies here, I've never actually used Torrent. I've gone through my share of post workout potions, but never created anything too groundbreaking. Right now I'm mixing micronized creatine monohdrate, unflavored whey isolate and lemon-lime gatorade powder. I've never used a premixed PWO supplement, but if I was to use any it would be from Universal.

I am starting student teaching in September and will be unable to work otherwise, therefore I will be making no money. I'm trying to work as much as I can now to pay for food, supps and bills. A free tub of what I hear is an awesome supplement would be SWEEET, literally and figuratively. Maybe it'll make its way into my arsenal....

dannynb
06-24-09, 12:17 am
Sour Citrus Rush. To begin shipping from Corporate on or before 7/1/09.

Already posted but I'll say it again...PICK ME! PICK ME! LOL

Big C
06-24-09, 9:12 am
Hahaha me too! I keep checking this thread daily to find the winners but I have to keep telling myself it's not over till July 7th. That seems forever away hahaha.

newbreed
06-24-09, 9:52 am
Great promo here fellas. Good luck to all who enter.

BigDubbDiesel
06-24-09, 10:07 am

I can honestly say that I was never fortunate enough to be able to afford a post workout supplement such as torrent. As a broke college student I'm struggling to pay bills and buy the essentials "pak, protein, food,"...I've read great reviews of the product and would be ecstatic to add this as my post workout supplement. (currently i'm using raw honey and a banana post workout before my shake)...i tried a sample of the cherry torrent when it first came out and i can say that it tasted awesome. You guys will sift through and pick the best entries, but I'm tellin you that I'd fucking love to try torrent out for the first time, plus the new flavor sounds delicious...whatever you guys decide i know you'll make the right decision. this is a great promo and congrats to everyone who gets selected.

eat big and train hard... -dubb

BamBam
06-24-09, 11:50 am

Hahaha! I love where your heads at danny! Did I mention I am also trying to get to 275lbs? Danny and I both that is and I am fairly positive the torrent would help leaps and bounds among anything else...

Good luck...IN IRON,
BB-

wedge
06-24-09, 1:12 pm
I first got some Torrent during an ABC. I had heard a lot about it and had wanted to try some. Green apple was the flavor and it was the best tasting supplement I had ever used.
In my opinion, post workout nutrition is the most important. It's great to have pre and intra workout supplements, but post is where it is most needed. After using the sample I scoured all the cheaper (read inferior) PWO supplements to try and match what Torrent had, as I am saving for a wedding in the very near future and am operating on a limited budget for bodybuilding supplements.
Nothing I could find gave me the nutritional peace of mind that Torrent did. I remember actually salivating that I would get to have Torrent as my reward for kicking my ass in the gym.

dannynb
06-24-09, 8:53 pm
Hahaha! I love where your heads at danny! Did I mention I am also trying to get to 275lbs? Danny and I both that is and I am fairly positive the torrent would help leaps and bounds among anything else...

Good luck...IN IRON,
BB-

Damn skippy it would help. I got a wager going...I gotta hit 275 before Erik hits 300...

Stovall
06-24-09, 9:05 pm
I just had my first tub of green avalanche torrent delivered to me. I'm hoping that it will help me recover faster from my workouts because I have a very physically demanding job to do everyday long before I hit the gym. Its hard to climb a 250ft wind turbine when you can barely lift a leg. Hopefully Torrent with help with the recovery so I can get back to brutal leg workouts. I also was supposed to be a beta tester for the new Torrent but never recieved my sample so it would be great to atleast get a sample of it. Hahaha. Good luck to everyone.

Mattman33
06-24-09, 10:20 pm
things come and go. it might be shock therapy as a preworkout drink, then i might switch it to pump. IntraAid comes and goes. The only constant in my quest for 300 lbs (body weight) is torrent as a post workout drink. i loved the cherry, and would kill for the green apple. i can only imagine what i would do for the new flavor as they seem to keep getting better.

i know i am getting the protein, and carbs that i need right away. i honestly believe that torrent gives me that insulin spike that Tiny talk about so much. all i know is that the weight is packing on, the lifts are all going up, and that i will take torrent after every workout, even if that means grabbing some from my cousin until my new order arrives.

SCR...sour citrus rush, or Serious Complete Replenishment. i can't wait.

LegendKillerJosh
06-24-09, 10:49 pm
Hope it's not too late to gtet it on this one. Sign me up.

BigDubbDiesel
06-25-09, 10:15 am
torrent sounds so legit, even if im not picked im going to save up and buy some

Big Wides
06-25-09, 11:12 am
For me Torrent was the first PWO drink I ever had, was shocked at how good it tasted and the aid in recovery. What I like best about it is the versitilty were you can use it Pre, Intra, or Post Workout to help with muscle builiding process.

Its convient and packs that powerful punch you need to recover and grow

BigJ
06-25-09, 3:10 pm
Torrent is definitely my favorite post workout. Ive tried a ton of others and none of them compare. It has by far the best taste in the category and has given me the best results, hands down. I'm never coming off it again, as long as the funds can afford it (college drains the money wagon pretty good lol ) I would love to try to the new flavor! Thanks

calcaneous
06-25-09, 7:19 pm
Torrent haw definitely changed my post-window supplement area.

before i was mixing 2 scoops of protein powder with some dextrose. I got horrible gas, bloating, and felt like shit afterwards. Straight-up dextrose with protein powder does not taste good.

Now with torrent, not only does both the flavors taste great (cant wait to try the new one!) they mix good, and have an amazing nutritional backbone.

fast digesting protein mixed with fast digesting carbs, ensures me that my muscles are getting all the things they need in order to grow. The little details that are great is the mixture of 8 grams of 4 different leucines, 3 grams of 3 different creatines, and 7 grams of glutamine, taurine, citulline malate, and L-phenylalanine.

the two best parts of Torrent, which is why i love it so much is that 1: it does not bloat you at all. and second is that it mixes and tastes great mixed with EAA STACK. The combination of torrent plus another 6 grams of EAA is the ultimate postwork shake.

DANO
06-25-09, 7:41 pm
I haven't tried torrent, but have always wanted to pick up some, but when you budget your supp money you can't have everything. Right now I use Pak, Storm (blue razz) and chocolate Real Gains. I would use this to replace the Real gains I take now, PWO. I think it would be a better more refreshing option. Real Gains is the BEST protien powder on the market today (my humble opinion), But Torrent is designed to take advantage of the specefic window just after your workout.
I think this suppliment would be the perfect catilist to spark the growth to put me over the 200lb mark (12 lbs to go). I look forward to trying this elixer.
Thanks for the concideration.
DANO

ldwithb
06-26-09, 8:46 pm
oh shit did I miss out on this one already?

Shamus11B
06-27-09, 2:46 am
No bullshit, Torrent is literally my favorite suppliment Universal makes. Especailly after a kick ass leg day, you know the ones where you hope you can make it to the car. Now I just slam my torrent and within minutes I have enough energy that I think I could hit the weights again. I started taking torrent 4 weeks ago and it has aided me in putting on 11lbs of quality mass. The cherry is a phenominal flavor and would love to try the new one. Regardless if I dont win, let me know and I will pay to give it a try.

BamBam
06-27-09, 2:08 pm
Damn skippy it would help. I got a wager going...I gotta hit 275 before Erik hits 300...

is it too late to join in on this little wager?

DANO
07-01-09, 2:39 pm
Not too many here still. Amazing.... well my odds of winning are up! haha

RighteousDude
07-01-09, 2:51 pm
Better late to the party, than a no-show. I'm in FTW.

Nix0r
07-01-09, 4:12 pm
I can't believe I'm actually doing this...

I'm gonna have to pull myself out of this promo; I've since started Keto, and have actually been loving it, and intend to stay on it for the next long while, so taking Torrent is pretty much not an option. I'm just gonna have to buy a tub of it once I go off of Keto.

Damn.

Big C
07-01-09, 6:35 pm
Man next Tuesday is a big day on the Forvm with promo winners being announced and the winners for Rage's contest.....I know one thing I am definately going to need some Torrent now if Rage chooses me! The heat is definately turned up bros.

mritter3
07-01-09, 8:44 pm
Man next Tuesday is a big day on the Forvm with promo winners being announced and the winners for Rage's contest.....I know one thing I am definately going to need some Torrent now if Rage chooses me! The heat is definately turned up bros.

x2, cant wait for tuesday.

Flash419
07-01-09, 9:11 pm

TUESDAY? TUESDAY!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

How are we supposed to wait that long?

WE'RE ONLY HUMAN FOR GOD SAKES!

dannynb
07-01-09, 10:20 pm
DAmn...I don't know if i can stomach waiting until tuesday.

Big C
07-01-09, 10:29 pm
I feel ya bro....I usually want the weekends to go nice n slow, this coming weekend is one exception though lol.

DAmn...I don't know if i can stomach waiting until tuesday.

rmeguy
07-02-09, 3:04 am
x2... u know, over here i only get one day off and that day is saturday and i usually want it to go slooooow. Now i want it to go by so fast because that is just one day closer to tuesday..lol... GL ALL!!!

-Ben

Fury317
07-02-09, 10:19 am
In addition to my post a couple pages back, I would like to add that the winners are chosen on 7/7, correct? Well, my birthday is 7/13, so with standard shipping, if the U were to ship out the Torrent on 7/8 or 7/9, wouldnt it arrive safely on my doorstep on the 13th...coincidence?.....Ill let naturalguy and the U decide hahaha

On Letting Go
07-02-09, 10:57 am
In addition to my post a couple pages back, I would like to add that the winners are chosen on 7/7, correct? Well, my birthday is 7/13, so with standard shipping, if the U were to ship out the Torrent on 7/8 or 7/9, wouldnt it arrive safely on my doorstep on the 13th...coincidence?.....Ill let naturalguy and the U decide hahaha

I hear ya bro! My birthday is 7/9! Oh how sweet it would be to get a b-day present from Universal.

CuttDeez
07-02-09, 10:59 am
In addition to my original post I would like to say that Torrent will definatly be part of my arsenal if I get picked for Rage's Contest!

Feel The Power
07-03-09, 5:04 pm
I use torrent strictly on my bulk phase. It covers all bases which is perfect.. creatine, aminos, protein, sugars, it takes care of everything in one shake. I have started doing what OX does and I drink it during my last exercise of my workout. It tastes so good I want to lift on my off days just so I have an excuse to drink it. lol. It costs a little more than other supplements, but like I said before it is jam packed with everything you need. I usually ask for a big tub of it for x-mas, birthday, whatever holiday is coming up. I would love to try a new flavor. The Cherry and Green Apple flavors are outstanding, I can only imagine how good this one will taste. Its making my mouth water just thinking about it. lol.

Survivor831
07-04-09, 10:24 pm
Torrent......... The greatest product ever to be released by any company ever! Every once in a while something special comes along. Something that is so special so spectacular that when we experience it, it changes our lives forever. I'm not going to lie. I was hesitant at first. Just how great can it be? Then it happened. It hit me like I had been standing in the same spot my entire life. Workout after workout, I could feel myself getting stronger...my clothes started to fit a little tighter. Torrent has, is and always will be a part of my arsenal. I bust my ass everyday in the gym, and there is no way I would trust my recovery with anything else. Something that important deserves the best!

TheStiffmeister
07-05-09, 5:01 pm
When I go to the gym, it is an absolute onslaught! Me vs. the weights. vs. the guy doing curls in the squat rack!!!!

I push myself to the brink where most people would absolutely crumble and cry like a little mary. I am striving to achieve something much greater than mere mortals we come across every day...... that's right..... DIAMOND CUT 18s!!!

Heavy lifting + clean diet + drive from beyond = ____________?

I have been using Torrent for about 2 years now. IT HAS SAVED ME!!! This is not an understatement! I used to workout, and make frequent stops on the way home from the gym. By the time I got home, the anabolic window was closed. When I discovered a lot of post-workout nutrition products, some were good, some were bad; however, none had everything that Torrent had. Torrent has saved me from cluttering my kitchen and closets with all different containers and the time used mixing everything together.

We all know that reaching your goals that the simple equation needs to be satisfied:

intensity + strong diet + rest/recuperation + proper supplementation + timing = RESULTS.

I have used Torrent when bulking and it was great. I will tell you there has been nothing to compare in taste to having a cold Green Apple Avalanche or Dark Cherry after a grueling workout. Torrent was something I always looked forward to and made me push those extra reps out in the gym.

Since I have started using torrent I have put on the size where people stop me and say WOW (very serious). It has allowed me to satisfy the immediate protein requirements, glycogen replenishment, mTOR activation, and volumization. I am very happy with the results I have achieved.

Right now I am preparing for my very first Bodybuilding contest. For this, I will be dieting strictly but that one special delicious treat I will indulge in after the workouts is Torrent.

I will need something that can perfectly satisfy my bodies macronutrient needs following my workout, there is no product I trust more than Torrent for the results it has given me, the ingredients, the Brand, and the taste.

Whats the solution here? Very Simple..... IT IS TORRENT!

BigDubbDiesel
07-07-09, 9:50 am
will they be selecting the winners today?

hardworkE
07-07-09, 10:10 am

Promo ends today. Hopefully the winners will be announced soon. It feels like it's been going on forever...good luck to everyone that entered

Fury317
07-07-09, 10:13 am
I cant believe this Promo ended up being only 5 pages. I was honestly expecting about 10-12. Torrent is the best supplement on the market.

J Wong
07-07-09, 10:33 am
I cant believe this Promo ended up being only 5 pages. I was honestly expecting about 10-12. Torrent is the best supplement on the market.

Less competition :)

On Letting Go
07-07-09, 11:33 am
Cant wait. Good luck to everyone.

TheStiffmeister
07-07-09, 11:41 am

less competition. i guess not everyone else is loving torrent as much as we do lol.

i'll tell you though, torrent is like liquid crack in a blender bottle. i dont know what lengths and extremes i would go to get it and i dont wanna be in that predicament.

On Letting Go
07-07-09, 11:44 am
less competition. i guess not everyone else is loving torrent as much as we do lol.

i'll tell you though, torrent is like liquid crack in a blender bottle. i dont know what lengths and extremes i would go to get it and i dont wanna be in that predicament.

Liquid crack? haha. Damn man, you guys love this shit. Cant believe ive never tried it. I really hope i can score some here.

TheStiffmeister
07-07-09, 12:29 pm
Liquid crack? haha. Damn man, you guys love this shit. Cant believe ive never tried it. I really hope i can score some here.

im not kidding it is amazing. it is my favorite supplement hands down. ive used both. some people prefer the green apple bc it tastes like candy.

i love the cherry though. im straight up addicted to it.

cant wait to try the SCR too.

Greek Elite
07-07-09, 1:08 pm
this may be done already, but just in case i dont hit on the bb.com (no good luck lately haha), same entry i have over there:

Like alot of people I used to do just 2 scoops whey PWO, plus maybe some BCAA's that were a citrus flavor, so didnt mix well with the vanilla whey I had. For my first 10 months I was essentially cutting because I used to be a pretty tubby.. I was afraid of adding in carbs PWO since well they were carbs..

This past winter I abonded my cutting/recomp and and on my first calorie surplus (still not that high) and used Torret PWO. Needless to say I had some of the fastest and hardest gains in size and strength since adding in Torrent (there was a time before I got Torrent so yes I could compare). I added alot of good quality size and strength when doing the full serving soon followed by a scoop of whey, and then as I began to taper down calories I did 2 scoops and then 2 scoops whey. Even now in summer cutting mode I use Torrent on days when I keep my carbs really low (sounds like an oxymoron but the WMS PWO has a better effect when rest of day is low carb). Recovery is so much better even with just 1 scoop, which allows me to go hard again the next day despite being in a calorie deficit. Plus in the humid NJ weather (even tho rainin alot) its so refreshing

I am coming to an end of my CBB tub, and have also used sampled of GAA so could compare to both flavors. Thanks for the opportunity!!

good luck every1

naturalguy
07-07-09, 1:44 pm
Here are the winners:

hardworkE
boom
DantheMan
BigDubbDiesel
BigC

Please send your info to (indicate in email that you won Sour Citrus Rush promo from the FORVM):

info@universalnutrition.com

For those that didn't get picked stay tuned for more promos. Also there may be a big announcement on an Animal product tomorrow.

TheStiffmeister
07-07-09, 1:45 pm
Here are the winners:

hardworkE
boom
DantheMan
BigDubbDiesel
BigC

Please send your info to (indicate in email that you won Sour Citrus Rush promo from the FORVM):

For those that didn't get picked stay tuned for more promos. Also there may be a big announcement on an Animal product tomorrow.

congrats fellas!!!!!!! please let us know what you think of the new flavor!

CuttDeez
07-07-09, 1:53 pm
Here are the winners:

hardworkE
boom
DantheMan
BigDubbDiesel
BigC

YAy big Announcement I wonder what it could be!!

E-Train
07-07-09, 1:56 pm
YAy big Announcement I wonder what it could be!!

lolz Congrats Guys

hardworkE
07-07-09, 2:05 pm
I literally have about 2 servings left in the 6.1 lb GAA tub. This is awesome, thanks to everyone at Universal. I am definitely excited to try the third flavor of Torrent, been a fan for a while now and it is definitely a staple in my supplement arsenal.

Hoomgar
07-07-09, 2:08 pm
Here are the winners:

hardworkE
boom
DantheMan
BigDubbDiesel
BigC

Congrats fellas. This stuff is da bomb! And new news? Man, Universal just keeps it rolling baby.

Hg

J Wong
07-07-09, 2:10 pm
Thank you so much!!!

Will we be keeping logs on this?

DanTheMan
07-07-09, 2:21 pm
Here are the winners:

hardworkE
boom
DantheMan
BigDubbDiesel
BigC

badass... never tried it before, but I can't wait to be a believer and add it to my arsenal! thanks NG, animal, and universal!

BigDubbDiesel
07-07-09, 2:23 pm
Here are the winners:

hardworkE
boom
DantheMan
BigDubbDiesel
BigC

i appreciate this tremendously. i have been so broke and so depressed lately. this really brightened my day! Universal/Animal for life. i love you guys! -Dubb

Mr. Dead
07-07-09, 3:11 pm
Here are the winners:

hardworkE
boom
DantheMan
BigDubbDiesel
BigC

HUUUGE congrats!!! *Staying tuned...*

DANO
07-07-09, 3:20 pm
Congrats guys Enjoy the new flavor!

K Stro24
07-07-09, 3:33 pm
congrats brothers

HOCKEY TEMPER
07-07-09, 5:32 pm
Good shit congrats fellas, that flavor sounds wild.

Feel The Power
07-07-09, 7:27 pm
congrats guys!! enjoy!! drink one for me

Big C
07-07-09, 8:26 pm
Thanks a lot for selecting me. Torrent will come in extra handy for Rage's contest, and I'm close to being out of the Apple. Info sent, thanks.

mritter3
07-07-09, 8:53 pm
congrats to all the winners...torrent is a great supp.

Flash419
07-07-09, 9:48 pm
Congrats Guys!

Survivor831
07-07-09, 11:04 pm
This is very cool fellas! Nobody gives back like Universal. Yet another reason why they are the best! Enjoy and congrats!

J Wong
07-09-09, 2:43 pm
Just got mine in, thanks Universal!!! Starting it Monday, and I will log it in the supplement log section.

Mr.Totality
07-09-09, 2:47 pm
this stuff tastes great. got some through another board and it is top notch

BigDubbDiesel
07-09-09, 3:00 pm
Just got mine in, thanks Universal!!! Starting it Monday, and I will log it in the supplement log section.

damn that was quick bro, how many days did it take?

hardworkE
07-09-09, 3:23 pm

Crossing my fingers that mine is waiting for me after work!

J Wong
07-09-09, 3:30 pm

Emailed them tuesday at around 4? So basically a day if they shipped it wednesday

BigDubbDiesel
07-09-09, 3:49 pm
just heard the doorbell!!!

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs136.snc1/5811_103231750137_512125137_1976472_1132659_n.jpg

theres the torrent next to my big88 that i won last year!!! thanks again guys. i love promo's!

DanTheMan
07-10-09, 8:54 pm
good stuff fellas. just got my torrent in. thanks again for everything you've guys have done, provided, and taught me.

Tallwhitebread0042
07-29-09, 5:48 pm
DAMNIT! i just checked this and the contest is already over!!! and im almost outta apple :[ :[ :[ and im fucking broke...Damnit!

i want some sour stuff....