PDA

View Full Version : Is Animal Omega a Replacement for Fish Oil?

Artem_
06-16-09, 3:17 pm
Hey guys,
I've never tried an Animal product before. I currently just take fish oil and protein powder as my only supplements. The products here are pretty expensive, but I already take fish oil and noticed that Animal Omega is about the same price per serving as my fish oil (I take 3 tbsp a day).

Is Animal Omega a replacement for fish oil?
Thanks guys

Aggression
06-16-09, 3:18 pm
Hey guys,
I've never tried an Animal product before. I currently just take fish oil and protein powder as my only supplements. The products here are pretty expensive, but I already take fish oil and noticed that Animal Omega is about the same price per serving as my fish oil (I take 3 tbsp a day).

Is Animal Omega a replacement for fish oil?
Thanks guys

Yes, it covers all your EFA needs.

Artem_
06-16-09, 3:22 pm
wow.. that was a fast reply. Thanks a lot.

Also, I thought fish oil was mostly for joint health. I know it has tons of benefits, but I noticed that my joints never ache when I'm on it.

What's the difference between Animal Omega and Animal Flex, then?

GJN5002
06-16-09, 4:23 pm
isnt omega only 4g of omega 3? I like to use a bit more. 4 g will be ok, I;m just a big believer in fish oil. I take in about 10g a day. flex is a joint supp, omega is a efa supp but also has joint help properties

Wasteland
06-16-09, 4:33 pm
isnt omega only 4g of omega 3? I like to use a bit more. 4 g will be ok, I;m just a big believer in fish oil. I take in about 10g a day. flex is a joint supp, omega is a efa supp but also has joint help properties

Per pack, yes, 4g of n-3, 2.5g of n-6. Some take more than one pack daily. Also:

450mg of EPA and 350mg of DHA, among other FA.

You could use Omega as a comprehensive EFA base (salmon, cod liver, herring, anchovy, mackerel, sardine, flaxseed, borage, evening primrose, sesamin) and add extra fish oil on top of that.

williams_888
06-16-09, 11:26 pm
yeah if your taking 3tbsp of fish oil a day, then Omega wont be giving you the same numbers in EPA/DHA.

on a 2nd note, 3tbsp of fish oil/day is a ton.

GJN5002
06-17-09, 2:11 pm
yeah if your taking 3tbsp of fish oil a day, then Omega wont be giving you the same numbers in EPA/DHA.

Im not following you, I dont dose my fish oil in tablespoons. How much are you referring to? ALso, doesnt that taste horrible?

Wasteland
06-17-09, 4:17 pm

For what it's worth, EFA supplementation is much more than just about getting EPA/DHA.

Glory
06-19-09, 8:02 am
I throw my oils in a blender with my shake... Can't even tell it was there.