PDA

View Full Version : 2 week rest & a lack of strength

sideburnz
06-18-09, 1:02 pm
hey bros.. i recently had a asthma attack.. n had lay low for 2weeks.. i jus started training again this week.. my strength seemed to have gone done slitely.. is this common or did i jus lose something?? pls let me know asap

MrMonday
06-18-09, 1:23 pm
You stopped training for two whole weeks because of an asthma attack, and you're wondering if its normal that you got a little bit weaker?

Come on man, use some common sense. OF COURSE that would be normal.

sideburnz
06-18-09, 1:41 pm
actually fact is i know the fact but just wanna confirm.. cos its quite depressing bro.. hope to get back to where i was in a couple of weeks time..

MVP
06-18-09, 5:43 pm
actually fact is i know the fact but just wanna confirm.. cos its quite depressing bro.. hope to get back to where i was in a couple of weeks time..

It's normal man, usually if you take two weeks off due to something like that you come back a bit weaker. Just keep continuing to gradually increase the intensity, muscle memory will kick in and you'll be pushing and pulling the same poundages in about a month or so, give or take. Good luck with getting back in it.

Young&Hungry
06-18-09, 7:08 pm
hey bros.. i recently had a asthma attack.. n had lay low for 2weeks.. i jus started training again this week.. my strength seemed to have gone done slitely.. is this common or did i jus lose something?? pls let me know asap

This really struck a chord with me because I am a former asthmatic. I'm not trying to laude anything I've ever done because they are minute in some of the accomplishments members of this Forum have achieved, but I lost 40 pounds 4 years ago with asthma so bad that I used to get attacks even when I was laying down and inactive. That was when I was running 5 miles a day or biking in excess of 50, so an asthma attack is not an excuse. At least to me. Get on the horse brother, come on now.