PDA

View Full Version : Need help becoming an animal?

whosnexttt
06-18-09, 9:53 pm
This is for all the beginner lifters out there, the ones will millions of training questions like for example 'Should I do this exercise? or Should I train Chest twice a week? or!!! Ill do legs when my knees feel better!! You guys know who you are, heres a link that will prolly help ya. I really hope it does, this program NEVER fails. Its actually not magic or anything.....or is it?!?!!?!?

IronWilson
06-18-09, 10:31 pm
I don't know if I would recommend this for beginners. I really don't think the squats and milk program is for beginners. Quite honestly, as far as the growth of ALL your bodyparts, the squats and milk program doesn't work that well unless you are an advanced lifter. I always hear about beginners doing it, and they can never stick to it.

I'm gearing up for E-battle, lol.

I think beginners would be better off just mastering all of the exercises and focusing on the compound lifts first before doing anything crazy like this. In my opinion, a beginner cannot squat with the technique where one set of 20 high intensity reps would do anything.

AFTazz06
06-18-09, 10:38 pm
This program is aimed at intermediate to advance lifters. Beginners should just start off slow, to get to know each excercise and get their form down as perfect as possible.

MVP
06-18-09, 10:39 pm
Actually, this a very popular routine. It'd be pretty good, although I wouldn't recommend 20 rep squats to beginner, it would ultimately affect their form. Beginners should focus on squats, deadlifts, bench presses, barbell rows, pull-ups, and overhead presses. A routine like this is designed for someone with a bit of experience, I don't like the gallon of milk per day thing. Waste of time and money, get your calories from foods and not liquids capable of making you sick.

Young&Hungry
06-18-09, 11:01 pm
That's as old school as it gets. Other than that line of shit about gaining 30 pounds of muscle in 6 weeks it's a solid routine. I prefer Starting Strength for beginners but it's all relative.

mahscles
06-18-09, 11:47 pm
yeah pretty much anything that says 30lbs in 6 weeks is in dreamland. that isnt going to happen with any program, unless it involves some shady "supplements".

whosnexttt
06-19-09, 12:44 am
yeah pretty much anything that says 30lbs in 6 weeks is in dreamland. that isnt going to happen with any program, unless it involves some shady "supplements".

well of course your prolly not gonna gain 30lbs in 6 weeks, but trust me this training plan works

Ir0nClad
06-22-09, 12:03 am
The 20 rep squat program is extremley brutal, and I wouldn't recommend it to beginners. It would be better for them to do starting strength, and then do a 20 rep program if they're still looking for more mass.

ghost
06-27-09, 8:01 am
http://www.animalpak.com/html/sections.cfm?id=32

we already have training routines established that have stood the test of time, for ALL lifters. Beginners to the most advanced.

Young&Hungry
06-28-09, 1:55 pm
http://www.animalpak.com/html/sections.cfm?id=32

we already have training routines established that have stood the test of time, for ALL lifters. Beginners to the most advanced.

Respectfully, why did you take out a link to an external site that had no conflicting ideals with the Animal Forum's ethics (albeit the 40 pounds of muscle crap) and that promoted no other supplements? I know we have great routines in our arsenal here, but the more inside the box you think as an athlete the less skilled and cultured you become in your programming. Other outside influence in programming is 100% necessary to build a total, complete, and unique program that best suits the individual. Eliminating that influence will only harm the knowledge process that should be in action on this Forum.

whosnexttt
06-28-09, 6:51 pm
Respectfully, why did you take out a link to an external site that had no conflicting ideals with the Animal Forum's ethics (albeit the 40 pounds of muscle crap) and that promoted no other supplements? I know we have great routines in our arsenal here, but the more inside the box you think as an athlete the less skilled and cultured you become in your programming. Other outside influence in programming is 100% necessary to build a total, complete, and unique program that best suits the individual. Eliminating that influence will only harm the knowledge process that should be in action on this Forum.

dude.....why do you try to sound so smart? I mean I know you are very well educated in bodybuilding and I respect that, but your only 17 and you sound like a 50 year old english teacher....take that as a compliment haha....you must do alot of research on your spare time huh?

Young&Hungry
06-28-09, 7:45 pm
dude.....why do you try to sound so smart? I mean I know you are very well educated in bodybuilding and I respect that, but your only 17 and you sound like a 50 year old english teacher....take that as a compliment haha....you must do alot of research on your spare time huh?

I just like to not talk like an idiot when I try to present a point. You honestly think I talk this way in every day life? Lmao, not at all. It's not so much the research part, I've been blessed to train with several world class strength athletes in my short time training so I'm able to soak up a ton of knowledge hands on. I'm not a bodybuilder, but strongman does not consume me. I have a life outside of the gym.