PDA

View Full Version : Vacation: Workout??

Never Enough
06-19-09, 12:48 am
I'll be going on vacation in a month for 3 weeks. Where I'm staying the closest gym is 13 miles and to make it better it is a branch of a commerical fitness center. What tips do you brothers have for doing workouts if I can't make it to the gym. I was thinking of getting one of those little bands to workout out with because something is better than nothing. What would you brothers do? Pay the 12 dollars a day to lift and drive 26 miles round trip or is there some good workouts you can do with no gym/weights??? Help me out and let me know brothers

dominatetheiron
06-19-09, 1:03 am
the thing i do when i have to go somewhere for a period of time and need to workout is i go into the gym and say im in town looking for a place to live or for a job interview and say i wanted to try out the gym for a week or so to see if i would be interested in joinning. That will usually get you at least a free 7-day membership. I went out to DC twice last summer and i did that at the same gym and it was an upscale like 400 bucks a month gym so thats worth a shot for you.

Also if you could get a band, a pull up bar, and a couple of dumbells you could always do the p90x workouts while your on your vacay. I do them from time to time they arent all bad.

MVP
06-19-09, 2:39 am
I'll be going on vacation in a month for 3 weeks. Where I'm staying the closest gym is 13 miles and to make it better it is a branch of a commerical fitness center. What tips do you brothers have for doing workouts if I can't make it to the gym. I was thinking of getting one of those little bands to workout out with because something is better than nothing. What would you brothers do? Pay the 12 dollars a day to lift and drive 26 miles round trip or is there some good workouts you can do with no gym/weights??? Help me out and let me know brothers

Compromise somehow, pay the $12 but just like one per week to do your basic lifts that will reserve the most strength- Which are the squats, deadlifts and bench presses.

On your days at the hotel at night, push ups, pull-ups, sit ups, jog across the beach, bring some dumbells.

I would go to the gym on Monday and Friday, Monday I'd do squats and bench presses, Friday I'd do deadlifts and overhead presses. Or you could just do your complete workout, either one.

MojoMike36
06-19-09, 12:43 pm
Compromise somehow, pay the $12 but just like one per week to do your basic lifts that will reserve the most strength- Which are the squats, deadlifts and bench presses.

On your days at the hotel at night, push ups, pull-ups, sit ups, jog across the beach, bring some dumbells.

I would go to the gym on Monday and Friday, Monday I'd do squats and bench presses, Friday I'd do deadlifts and overhead presses. Or you could just do your complete workout, either one.

I second this except BW squats, lunges, and calf raises wouldn't hurt either.

Firefist
06-19-09, 1:19 pm
bro, i am in the exact same situation as you, going to taiwan for a month soon. being its asia, not too many gyms in the city (even though its the damn capital ugh....) anyways, depending on where your going, maybe they got a metro or subway you can ride (not sure where your going but this was what i did in europe and asia) it costs around a buck.

i got kicked out of a gym in paris, and it was the only one i could find, so i had to get creative. there was a playground right next to our hostel that we were staying at. after all the kids were done there, i hit that shit up.... did pull ups on the monkey bars and rope nets, did dips on the bridges, decline pushups on a bench, etc.

it may even benefit you to do this high rep burn-outs for a while, who knows?

good luck bro!