PDA

View Full Version : Philly ABC - Greg Long's 6/20/09

naturalguy
06-21-09, 8:52 am
You know you are in a hardcore gym when you walk in and the owner of the gym is training legs hard, mind you Greg is in his 60's, is a former Mr. Universe and still looks great. Joey D was hanging with him and they were hammering legs.

Greg Long's is really a unique gym with some awesome equipment. The original Nautilus machines blow away any of today's machines.

We had a lot of talent and experience in that room - IFBB pro Vinny Galanti, national competitor Big Al Fortney, natural pro BigAnt, WNBF pro Shaun Clarida, national competitor Travis Rogers (competing in the USA's in a few weeks), Joey D and more. Great day, great meal.

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r217/er1994/Philly%20ABC/IMG_1604.jpg

All the pics are here:

http://s145.photobucket.com/albums/r217/er1994/Philly%20ABC/?start=0

Enforcer
06-21-09, 9:01 am
Im so sorry I couldnt be there everyone, I haad the ball dropped on me with so much shit I have to get done this weekend for graduation on Friday. For this I apologize, but dont worry there will be many more future events Ill be at. Once my schedule gets going Ill be much more available. Looks like everyone had a blast though. Greg Longs is truly a warriors gym, much respect goes out to him.

naturalguy
06-21-09, 9:17 am
Im so sorry I couldnt be there everyone, I haad the ball dropped on me with so much shit I have to get done this weekend for graduation on Friday. For this I apologize, but dont worry there will be many more future events Ill be at. Once my schedule gets going Ill be much more available. Looks like everyone had a blast though. Greg Longs is truly a warriors gym, much respect goes out to him.

We missed you brother

newbreed
06-21-09, 12:03 pm
Great pictures. Looks like everyone had a great time.

Hoomgar
06-21-09, 2:49 pm
We missed you brother

x2 that. But we understand big bro. You gotta take care of business man. Looking forward to catching you at another one.

Thanks for the pictures NG.

Hg

scals
06-21-09, 4:34 pm
Looked like a great time bros. Sorry I couldn't be there.

J-Dawg
06-22-09, 8:56 am

Looking forward to seeing you at the next one E.

McFly
06-22-09, 9:17 am
not sure if anyone noticed J-Dawg working in the rack with Juggs BEASTIN IT on squats....def got my attention!!!

good shit J!!!

JUGGERNAUT
06-22-09, 10:12 am

def missed!

JUGGERNAUT
06-22-09, 10:31 am
not sure if anyone noticed J-Dawg working in the rack with Juggs BEASTIN IT on squats....def got my attention!!!

good shit J!!!

Yup, the dawg was killin it and even got some pointers from Joey D. That was a great showing all and could not of had a better time doing what we do.

J-Dawg
06-22-09, 11:45 am

good shit J!!!

Thanks McFly! Just trying to work on wide stance squats w/ the bar lower on the back which is Juggs specialty. I think we hit about 12 sets total, lol.

I saw you, TTL and Big Al, tearing up arms. Always motivating to see you guys training.

J-Dawg
06-22-09, 11:46 am
Yup, the dawg was killin it and even got some pointers from Joey D. That was a great showing all and could not of had a better time doing what we do.

Juggs, I had a heck of a time hitting legs with you. I picked up some tips from you and Joey D about the wide stand squats that I'll be sure to use from now on.

naturalguy
06-22-09, 12:23 pm
Juggles thought he could hide from the camera and sneak in some ice cream:

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r217/er1994/Philly%20ABC/IMG_1616.jpg

He was wrong:

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r217/er1994/Philly%20ABC/IMG_1617.jpg

and he didn't look too happy about it:

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r217/er1994/Philly%20ABC/IMG_1558.jpg

naturalguy
06-22-09, 12:25 pm
Newsflash: BigAnt FINALLY let go of his Sony (cassette lol) walkman. He got an ipod, anyone want to volunteer to show him how to use it?

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r217/er1994/Philly%20ABC/IMG_1562.jpg

S. Clarida
06-22-09, 12:37 pm
Newsflash: BigAnt FINALLY let go of his Sony (cassette lol) walkman. He got an ipod, anyone want to volunteer to show him how to use it?

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r217/er1994/Philly%20ABC/IMG_1562.jpg

haha...He should of broke out the Sony just for the event....Old School sony meets old school gym.

naturalguy
06-22-09, 12:42 pm
haha...He should of broke out the Sony just for the event....Old School sony meets old school gym.

True. That would have fit perfectly in that gym.

newbreed
06-22-09, 12:45 pm

OMG! That would be hilarious.

JUGGERNAUT
06-22-09, 12:59 pm
Juggs, I had a heck of a time hitting legs with you. I picked up some tips from you and Joey D about the wide stand squats that I'll be sure to use from now on.

Same here man, good times! I thought I was going to be squatting solo that day. Doing squats in one of those "open" racks you should always have a spotter; so it worked out great.

McFly
06-22-09, 1:18 pm
Same here man, good times! I thought I was going to be squatting solo that day. Doing squats in one of those "open" racks you should always have a spotter; so it worked out great.

I recall both Big Al, TTL and myself saying "oh shit you see da DAWG over there killing squats with the Juggster" well those were the exact words but you get the point...

I think J-Dawg is going to need his own thread now...I'm not sure NG can hang anymore...banging crazy squats with the JUGGERNAUT is no joke. granted NG was doing some hardcore high reps work with Big Ant if I recall correctly. ...lets see what NG does at the next ABC...

naturalguy
06-22-09, 1:24 pm
I recall both Big Al, TTL and myself saying "oh shit you see da DAWG over there killing squats with the Juggster" well those were the exact words but you get the point...

I think J-Dawg is going to need his own thread now...I'm not sure NG can hang anymore...banging crazy squats with the JUGGERNAUT is no joke. granted NG was doing some hardcore high reps work with Big Ant if I recall correctly. ...lets see what NG does at the next ABC...

Damn son. Are you laying down the gauntlet????

McFly
06-22-09, 1:41 pm
Damn son. Are you laying down the gauntlet????

just haven't seen you bang some low rep heavy weight work yet? Was shocked to see J in the corner with Jugg doing work...I'm kinda scared of Jugg myself. I can't knock the high reps though, that was what we did....I'm just saying....looks like J stepped out of box a little!

you could pull the oh... I'm older, joints, tendons etc etc but saying that in Greg Long's gym may be am insult to Mr. Long himself....LOL

JUGGERNAUT
06-22-09, 1:42 pm
Gonna take that NG? No respect for the elders, I swear.

naturalguy
06-22-09, 1:49 pm
just haven't seen you bang some low rep heavy weight work yet? Was shocked to see J in the corner with Jugg doing work...I'm kinda scared of Jugg myself. I can't knock the high reps though, that was what we did....I'm just saying....looks like J stepped out of box a little!

you could pull the oh... I'm older, joints, tendons etc etc but saying that in Greg Long's gym may be am insult to Mr. Long himself....LOL

I am scared of JUGGS also lol.

Ok I see I have to step up my game come next ABC....................it's on

Gonna take that NG? No respect for the elders, I swear.

Yeah man, they always go right for the age jokes

McFly
06-22-09, 1:55 pm

peer pressure's a mutha f'r huh? hahaha

S. Clarida
06-22-09, 2:01 pm
Thanks McFly! Just trying to work on wide stance squats w/ the bar lower on the back which is Juggs specialty. I think we hit about 12 sets total, lol.

I saw you, TTL and Big Al, tearing up arms. Always motivating to see you guys training.

Yea, seriously you guys were killing legs...I started my back training and you were squatting, then all of a sudden, Im on like my 5th or 6th exercise and you were STILL SQUATTING! I was saying "damn, they are still going!?" Good stuff!

GK

BigAnt
06-22-09, 2:34 pm
True. That would have fit perfectly in that gym.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please take note: The am/fm casette (sports model) water proof Sony Walkman is still in the gym bag, just in case...AJ (MY SON) who is now 7 weeks old gave me the Ipod for an early Father's day gift, And I have a play list as well, got close to 40 songs on it....ALREADY!

The Walkman is still alive...barely! LOL

BigAnt
06-22-09, 2:38 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The S.M.A.R.T. Training is good, all in phases, can't be Superman all of the time, well I can't!

BigAnt
06-22-09, 2:40 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Age jokes! LOL

NG, how are your arms feeling?

They looked very swole on Sat. at Long's!

naturalguy
06-22-09, 3:29 pm
Age jokes! LOL

My arms are very sore despite our "light" training (haters)

C.Coronato
06-22-09, 3:50 pm
Great time fellas. thanks.

Joey D
06-23-09, 7:13 am
Yo,

easy on the old heads! We still have alot of gas in the tank! Big Ant,like my story?

Joe D

G Diesel
06-23-09, 10:55 am
Yo,

easy on the old heads! We still have alot of gas in the tank! Big Ant,like my story?

Joe D

Joey D and Mr. Long crushed legs... They set the bar high for us all.

Now that was some hardcore shit. Thanks for the inspiration bro.

Peace, G

J-Dawg
06-23-09, 3:46 pm
Joey D and Mr. Long crushed legs... They set the bar high for us all.

Now that was some hardcore shit. Thanks for the inspiration bro.

Peace, G

I agree G. It was really inspiring to see them training together. Makes us all step it up a notch.

I'd like to thank Joey D on the wide stance squatting tips too.

Joey D
06-23-09, 4:30 pm
J-Dawg,

Your very welcome,there's plenty more where that came from.

It was great to train with Greg,I spoke to him today,and we were both equally excited to have trained together,we are still sore. My cns was still not firing properly on monday.

Joe D

BigAnt
06-23-09, 11:55 pm
Yo,

Joe D

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old--Hmmmmmmmm we just gotta warm up a bit longer...

Yeah, very touching story, you are da man!

I like how you come up to Feasterville, PA to train legs "old school"

Shows desire, discipline and dedication, and that is how a champion is made!

Hoomgar
06-24-09, 12:04 am
Age jokes! LOL

This is what I was going to say. No bustin chops but NG, couldn't help but notice the thickness bro.

Yo,

Joe D

Piss and vinegar, that is all it is Joey, old heads gonna have to take some of these young buck to class I guess ha ha!

Wait, what?

J-Dawg,

Your very welcome,there's plenty more where that came from.

It was great to train with Greg,I spoke to him today,and we were both equally excited to have trained together,we are still sore. My cns was still not firing properly on monday.

Joe D

You guys were making enough noise over the to cover for us all! Loved hearing every grunt! Ha ha!

Hg

JUGGERNAUT
06-24-09, 11:17 am
Big Wides and I NEED to visit G at this place soon.