PDA

View Full Version : Higa's Strong Men

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7

HIGA MONSTER
06-25-14, 6:04 pm
Right on HIGA MONSTER thank you tons!! I will definitely start to work on all those basics as soon as I can & I'll have to check out the NAS website as well.Thank you again for the solid tips bro!!
Your welcome, best of luck in your training!

HIGA MONSTER

HIGA MONSTER
07-02-14, 2:55 am
http://www.liftbigeatbig.com/2014/07/athlete-interview-series-grant-higa.html

MR. C
07-07-14, 3:59 pm
What Up Higa?

I have seen some of your workouts on you tube. They look intense! How many days a week do you train that hard?

HIGA MONSTER
07-09-14, 11:18 am
What Up Higa?

I have seen some of your workouts on you tube. They look intense! How many days a week do you train that hard?
3 days of hard lifting and 1 Saturday of a bodybuilding circuit.

HIGA MONSTER

MR. C
07-09-14, 11:34 am
3 days of hard lifting and 1 Saturday of a bodybuilding circuit.

HIGA MONSTER

Iam currently doing the same thing pretty much. I lift heavy on Mon, Wed, Thurs. maybe I will add another day and just do a bodybuilding type workout as well. Do you do a full body workout on Sat?

HIGA MONSTER
07-09-14, 7:54 pm
Iam currently doing the same thing pretty much. I lift heavy on Mon, Wed, Thurs. maybe I will add another day and just do a bodybuilding type workout as well. Do you do a full body workout on Sat?
Monday: squats
Wednesday: bench press
Friday: deadlifts
Saturday: bodybuilder style upper body work

HIGA MONSTER

DANO
07-09-14, 10:21 pm
Ya gotta let me know if you are ever traveling down the 5 brother.... if I ever find out that you drove through or by Yreka without stopping in and saying "HI" I will be super pissed!!

John Christy
07-11-14, 1:46 pm
Been a serious fan of yours HIGA for awhile. To see you getting after it day by day is truly inspirational and makes me, as a younger guy, really strive to achieve greatness! Your the man and keep doing what you're doing boss.

HIGA MONSTER
07-11-14, 7:33 pm
Ya gotta let me know if you are ever traveling down the 5 brother.... if I ever find out that you drove through or by Yreka without stopping in and saying "HI" I will be super pissed!!
For sure...haven't been down that way in a long time.

Must be hot as hell right now!

HIGA

HIGA MONSTER
07-11-14, 7:33 pm
Been a serious fan of yours HIGA for awhile. To see you getting after it day by day is truly inspirational and makes me, as a younger guy, really strive to achieve greatness! Your the man and keep doing what you're doing boss.
Thank you brother for the kind words. Means a lot to read this.

Keep training hard!
HIGA MONSTER

Derek Kendall
07-11-14, 8:12 pm
Hey bro just wanted to pick your brain on which strongman exercises carry over to powerlifting the best? The gym I train at has a ton of strong man stuff, but I wanna do something that carries over to the big 3 lifts.

Thanks big man

DANO
07-11-14, 10:06 pm
For sure...haven't been down that way in a long time.

Must be hot as hell right now!

HIGA

Nah. not really... it's only supposed to hit 101 tomorrow! haha

HIGA MONSTER
07-15-14, 1:18 am
Hey bro just wanted to pick your brain on which strongman exercises carry over to powerlifting the best? The gym I train at has a ton of strong man stuff, but I wanna do something that carries over to the big 3 lifts.

Thanks big man
Yoke Walks help alot and IMO make the squats seem easy.

Atlas stone for reps are a nice change of pace to do instead of Deadlifts. Maybe add those in once a while?

You got a sick Military Press...I would love to see you do a set of Log clean & press for reps!

Keep me posted, brah!
HIGA MONSTER

Altered Beast
07-15-14, 9:52 am

Atlas stone for reps are a nice change of pace to do instead of Deadlifts. Maybe add those in once a while?

You got a sick Military Press...I would love to see you do a set of Log clean & press for reps!

Keep me posted, brah!
HIGA MONSTER

Higa believe it or not Louie Simmons has his guys using Yoke Walks and Sand Bag Carries these days! Always evolving to get stronger, eh?

HIGA MONSTER
07-15-14, 9:57 am
Higa believe it or not Louie Simmons has his guys using Yoke Walks and Sand Bag Carries these days! Always evolving to get stronger, eh?
Having an open mind to other types of training, may benefit us all.

Which is why you should do CrossFit...might help your Powerlifting, bro...

Altered Beast
07-15-14, 10:11 am

ROFLMFAO!!!!!! Oh man you just HAD to do it, didn't you??

=)

Nix0r
07-15-14, 10:19 am
ROFLMFAO!!!!!! Oh man you just HAD to do it, didn't you??

=)

Give you some sage advice that could make you a stronger and more conditioned athlete? Yeah, damn that guy.

Altered Beast
07-15-14, 10:46 am

Out of curiosity, what precisely are you referring to? Met Cons?

We've joked so much about this in the past I cannot honestly tell if you're serious or not.

MR. C
07-16-14, 8:20 am
I have never thought that Cross fit would relate to Power lifting. Now that i think of it i guess it would translate over to power lifting.

Altered Beast
07-16-14, 9:54 am
I have never thought that Cross fit would relate to Power lifting. Now that i think of it i guess it would translate over to power lifting.

I seriously think Grant is messing with me as he usually does =)

HIGA MONSTER
07-16-14, 10:55 am
Out of curiosity, what precisely are you referring to? Met Cons?

We've joked so much about this in the past I cannot honestly tell if you're serious or not.
For you Altered Beast, AMRAP's

I think you should do Burpees AMRAP's with a hour time limit.

HIGA MONSTER
07-16-14, 10:56 am
Give you some sage advice that could make you a stronger and more conditioned athlete? Yeah, damn that guy.
Exactly.

NixOr did the Tough Mudder with smoothballer. I am sure the CrossFit training helped them with that.

HIGA

MR. C
07-16-14, 12:59 pm
I seriously think Grant is messing with me as he usually does =)

Ok. LoL.

Altered Beast
07-16-14, 2:02 pm
For you Altered Beast, AMRAP's

I think you should do Burpees AMRAP's with a hour time limit.

AMRAP's as in a finishing type movement? Like KB swings to failure for GPP at the end of Squat training? Something such as that?

DoubleTapJak
07-16-14, 3:00 pm
Exactly.

NixOr did the Tough Mudder with smoothballer. I am sure the CrossFit training helped them with that.

HIGA

I loved giving Crossfit shit until I started training for Strongman. Now I take every lesson I can from several of the crossfitters at my gym since most of them can kick my ass at just about every event, even with weaker numbers than me in the Big 3 Lifts. In today's world, with as much information and resources there are available to anyone with a computer, there's no reason except laziness or comfort to not be a Renaissance Man in fitness. I don't lift to be comfortable. Every lifting style informs and helps every other. Trebin trains for the Crossfit games and is in about 1000% better shape than me and last week I saw a woman that weighs 30lbs less than me push press 240lbs. I'd love to train with anyone like that any day of the week.

HIGA MONSTER
07-18-14, 5:38 pm
AMRAP's as in a finishing type movement? Like KB swings to failure for GPP at the end of Squat training? Something such as that?
Whatever works bro.

I like to think about myself EMOM...it really helps me out alot!

lol

HIGA MONSTER
07-18-14, 5:40 pm
I loved giving Crossfit shit until I started training for Strongman. Now I take every lesson I can from several of the crossfitters at my gym since most of them can kick my ass at just about every event, even with weaker numbers than me in the Big 3 Lifts. In today's world, with as much information and resources there are available to anyone with a computer, there's no reason except laziness or comfort to not be a Renaissance Man in fitness. I don't lift to be comfortable. Every lifting style informs and helps every other. Trebin trains for the Crossfit games and is in about 1000% better shape than me and last week I saw a woman that weighs 30lbs less than me push press 240lbs. I'd love to train with anyone like that any day of the week.
I agree.

I am supportive of anyone in the Iron game and believe that we can take little tidbits of each lifting hobby and somehow use it to improve ourselves.

HIGA MONSTER

MR. C
07-22-14, 5:11 pm
What's up Higa?

What's the best piece of training advice anyone has ever given u?

Derek Kendall
07-22-14, 8:06 pm

Keep me posted, brah!
HIGA MONSTER

Thanks man. I have played around with the Log Press but nothing crazy. I might try doing the yoke to help my walk out better. Im so use to the monolift that I forgot how hard it is to walk things out. Im no Savickas, that guy would bury me alive. Hes a freak!!!
Thanks for the advice Big man! Looking forward to seeing you again soon.

HIGA MONSTER
07-23-14, 9:38 am
Thanks man. I have played around with the Log Press but nothing crazy. I might try doing the yoke to help my walk out better. Im so use to the monolift that I forgot how hard it is to walk things out. Im no Savickas, that guy would bury me alive. Hes a freak!!!
Thanks for the advice Big man! Looking forward to seeing you again soon.
Yea man...even if you got to walking a 600 lbs Yoke for 80-100 feet distance, that makes it seem like walking out 600 lbs in a Squat Rack seem so easy.

It will challenge your CORE and stabilizers and make them stronger.

Have a good one bro!
HIGA MONSTER

MR. C
07-31-14, 2:06 pm
What's up Higa?

What do your meals look like? Do you eat six meals a day like a body builder or do you eat when you are hungry? You are very powerful, I was wondering what your nutrition and meal layout looked like!

Thanks.

HIGA MONSTER
08-02-14, 10:49 am
What's up Higa?

What do your meals look like? Do you eat six meals a day like a body builder or do you eat when you are hungry? You are very powerful, I was wondering what your nutrition and meal layout looked like!

Thanks.
No, I eat 3 meals usually.

Then shakes or snacks in b/w meals.
I got a pretty busy lifestyle, so I eat big in the morning so that I am good at work, then will have a shake or bar in b/w.

I don't eat fried food much, don't drink soda...

HIGA MONSTER

P Diesel
08-02-14, 5:48 pm
Grant usually consumes 50-75 whole pineapples a week and has consumed every chicken heart in the greater Seattle area. Oh he also eats my balls.

P

DANO
08-02-14, 6:37 pm
Grant usually consumes 50-75 whole pineapples a week and has consumed every chicken heart in the greater Seattle area. Oh he also eats my balls.

P

hmmmm. reminds me of something....

http://www.hulu.com/watch/4156

MR. C
08-04-14, 9:51 pm
LoL

HIGA MONSTER
08-07-14, 1:31 am
Read this story. Then go to the gym and bust your ass off harder...

http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2024221697_pacificcrestrunner02xml.html

MR. C
08-08-14, 7:21 pm
Read this story. Then go to the gym and bust your ass off harder...

http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2024221697_pacificcrestrunner02xml.html

Very inspiring story! Awesome!

MR. C
08-10-14, 12:38 pm
What's going on Higa?

I do a lot of hyper extensions for my lower back for dead lifts. Iam getting bored of doing these almost every other day. Can you suggest a different exercise for lower back that I can throw in there. Thanks!

HIGA MONSTER
08-11-14, 11:27 am
What's going on Higa?

I do a lot of hyper extensions for my lower back for dead lifts. Iam getting bored of doing these almost every other day. Can you suggest a different exercise for lower back that I can throw in there. Thanks!
DB or Barbell stiff legs are good.

You can also do Romanian deadlifts too, just make sure you get proper form.
Good Mornings are also an alternative.

HIGA MONSTER

Highlander
08-13-14, 9:08 pm
Hey Higa Monster
I'm new to the forum and I came across your thread and I thought you might be able to help me out with my training in the gym. I'm an amateur Scottish highland athlete and I was looking for new training tips to help with my explosiveness in my events. I'm doing squats, bench, push press, dead lift, cleans, and snatch and I was just curious about other workouts that could help.

HIGA MONSTER
08-15-14, 10:13 am
Hey Higa Monster
I'm new to the forum and I came across your thread and I thought you might be able to help me out with my training in the gym. I'm an amateur Scottish highland athlete and I was looking for new training tips to help with my explosiveness in my events. I'm doing squats, bench, push press, dead lift, cleans, and snatch and I was just curious about other workouts that could help.
Light tire flips for distance (10-12 flips), Keg tossing, Box Jumps are all good to do.

Make sure you keep the tire light and get proper instruction, you don't wanna deadlift the tire. Drive you chest into it and explode off the ground like a Defensive Lineman.

Keep me posted.
HIGA MONSTER

Highlander
08-20-14, 10:17 am
Light tire flips for distance (10-12 flips), Keg tossing, Box Jumps are all good to do.

Make sure you keep the tire light and get proper instruction, you don't wanna deadlift the tire. Drive you chest into it and explode off the ground like a Defensive Lineman.

Keep me posted.
HIGA MONSTER

Thanks man for the input, definitely start throwing it into the mix

arush
08-20-14, 10:56 am
Hi, Grant! I've been stalking your log and following you on Instagram, and I'm always impressed by what you do. You compete frequently and perform really well in both strongman and powerlifting. My question is, how do you train for such a high level in both?

A little background about why I'm asking this question: I just did my first strongman competition on Saturday, and it was SO MUCH FUN!! I can't wait to do another one, but I don't want the training to get in the way of my powerlifting goals. I only had a few weeks after my last powerlifting meet to get ready for strongman, and during that time by body just never seemed to recover well. The handful of times I practiced the yoke, my back was wrecked for days and I couldn't even finish the work on my deadlift day. Elbows, knees, hips, everything suffered. Powerlifting is definitely my priority right now (about 16 weeks out from my next meet), but I would like to work on strongman events if I can do it without impacting PL training. Any tips on how to balance the two?

Thank you!
Angie

HIGA MONSTER
08-20-14, 3:15 pm
Thanks man for the input, definitely start throwing it into the mix
Check my Instagram this Friday...

I am going to video this cool drill with the Prowler that will help me be explosive, and should help you as well!
Its gonna suck...but looking forward to trying it after Deadlifts.

HIGA MONSTER

RedlegDbell
08-20-14, 3:18 pm
Hi, Grant! I've been stalking your log and following you on Instagram, and I'm always impressed by what you do. You compete frequently and perform really well in both strongman and powerlifting. My question is, how do you train for such a high level in both?

A little background about why I'm asking this question: I just did my first strongman competition on Saturday, and it was SO MUCH FUN!! I can't wait to do another one, but I don't want the training to get in the way of my powerlifting goals. I only had a few weeks after my last powerlifting meet to get ready for strongman, and during that time by body just never seemed to recover well. The handful of times I practiced the yoke, my back was wrecked for days and I couldn't even finish the work on my deadlift day. Elbows, knees, hips, everything suffered. Powerlifting is definitely my priority right now (about 16 weeks out from my next meet), but I would like to work on strongman events if I can do it without impacting PL training. Any tips on how to balance the two?

Thank you!
Angie
Really good question Angie. I'm curious about this myself.

HIGA MONSTER
08-20-14, 3:18 pm

Thank you!
Angie
Angie,
You can add some Strongman movements at the end of your Powerlifting training.

Brandon Lilly recommends this with his CUBE Method.
For example, after Squatting, you can do some Light Yoke Walks for speed.
Or, after Bench press, do some Log Press for reps as Accesory Work.

Sounds like Recovery is a major issue for you to overcome, so make sure to Foam Roll, Ice your joints/muscles, eat clean & healthy foods and take your Animal Pak, Flex, Omega, Nitro and intra-workout like Atomic 7.

Keep me posted!
HIGA MONSTER

arush
08-21-14, 10:23 am
Angie,
You can add some Strongman movements at the end of your Powerlifting training.

Brandon Lilly recommends this with his CUBE Method.
For example, after Squatting, you can do some Light Yoke Walks for speed.
Or, after Bench press, do some Log Press for reps as Accesory Work.

Sounds like Recovery is a major issue for you to overcome, so make sure to Foam Roll, Ice your joints/muscles, eat clean & healthy foods and take your Animal Pak, Flex, Omega, Nitro and intra-workout like Atomic 7.

Keep me posted!
HIGA MONSTER

Thanks for the tips! I definitely need to take action for better recovery. And thanks for the reminder about the packs...choking down my Flex pack right now.

Herculor
08-23-14, 4:27 pm
Higa,

First off, I'm a big fan of you. Easily one of my inspirations for getting into lifting and strongman.

Got any tips for bulking for strongman? Obviously, eating a lot of food makes sense. Is there any sort of periodization I should use for my meals? And in my workouts (3 day split between bench, DL, squat and a 4th day for implements) what kind of volume would you recommend? Should I start with high volume, scale down and shift to strength, and then transition back into high volume in a cyclic system?

Mahalo plenty

HIGA MONSTER
08-24-14, 1:48 am
Thanks for the tips! I definitely need to take action for better recovery. And thanks for the reminder about the packs...choking down my Flex pack right now.
Can't forget your Packs. Thats a must.

Before you leave home, make sure you pack them with you.
HIGA MONSTER

HIGA MONSTER
08-24-14, 1:51 am
Higa,

First off, I'm a big fan of you. Easily one of my inspirations for getting into lifting and strongman.

Got any tips for bulking for strongman? Obviously, eating a lot of food makes sense. Is there any sort of periodization I should use for my meals? And in my workouts (3 day split between bench, DL, squat and a 4th day for implements) what kind of volume would you recommend? Should I start with high volume, scale down and shift to strength, and then transition back into high volume in a cyclic system?

Mahalo plenty
Thanks alot, I am humbled by your comments.

I usually do this...
Mondays: Squats
Wednesdays: Heavy Bench or Overhead
Friday: Deadlifts
Saturdays: light upper body work Bodybuilding style.

I kind of add Implements throughout the week.
Sometimes do light Yoke Walks or Farmers Walks after Squats is an example.
Or Log strict press for reps after doing your Heavy Bench.

Hope this helps you out, please keep me posted.
HIGA MONSTER

MR. C
08-27-14, 9:48 am
Thanks alot, I am humbled by your comments.

I usually do this...
Mondays: Squats
Wednesdays: Heavy Bench or Overhead
Friday: Deadlifts
Saturdays: light upper body work Bodybuilding style.

I kind of add Implements throughout the week.
Sometimes do light Yoke Walks or Farmers Walks after Squats is an example.
Or Log strict press for reps after doing your Heavy Bench.

Hope this helps you out, please keep me posted.
HIGA MONSTER

Higa do you ever incorporate speed or rep work into your routine or do you just go heavy every week?

Thanks C.

HIGA MONSTER
08-27-14, 3:36 pm
Higa do you ever incorporate speed or rep work into your routine or do you just go heavy every week?

Thanks C.
A little bit, when I did CUBE that was definitely in place.

Usually, I attack the weights with speed as much as possible.
My accessory work is usually considered my Rep work, cause I will do 10, 15 or 25 reps sometimes.

HIGA MONSTER

MR. C
08-27-14, 6:23 pm
A little bit, when I did CUBE that was definitely in place.

Usually, I attack the weights with speed as much as possible.
My accessory work is usually considered my Rep work, cause I will do 10, 15 or 25 reps sometimes.

HIGA MONSTER

Did u see any results from doing the CUBE? How long did u following for?

HIGA MONSTER
08-29-14, 12:13 am
Did u see any results from doing the CUBE? How long did u following for?
I have used it twice.

Last time I used it was for Raw Unity this past February.
A big thank you to brother Brandon Lilly for setting that up for me.

HIGA MONSTER

WamBam
08-29-14, 1:01 am
instead of worrying about buzzing my hair in response to your totals i have a real question based off of the posts above.

you are one of my favorite animal athletes to follow because i find something from watching you that relates to me as well. When you train, say heavy, yet you attack with speed as much as possible. can you outline this in terms of one day for me. like one set exercise? for instance. When you deadlift, do you start heavy and hit a heavy pull and then do higher reps of a less weight? or do you have that set up into a separate day. Im trying to rework my schedule and i don't want to bother you with a lot of tedious typing. I'm just trying to get a few different outside opinions to see what i should switch up

MR. C
08-29-14, 3:11 pm
I have used it twice.

Last time I used it was for Raw Unity this past February.
A big thank you to brother Brandon Lilly for setting that up for me.

HIGA MONSTER

You put up some big numbers at unity! I guess the cube works!

HIGA MONSTER
08-29-14, 5:09 pm
instead of worrying about buzzing my hair in response to your totals i have a real question based off of the posts above.

you are one of my favorite animal athletes to follow because i find something from watching you that relates to me as well. When you train, say heavy, yet you attack with speed as much as possible. can you outline this in terms of one day for me. like one set exercise? for instance. When you deadlift, do you start heavy and hit a heavy pull and then do higher reps of a less weight? or do you have that set up into a separate day. Im trying to rework my schedule and i don't want to bother you with a lot of tedious typing. I'm just trying to get a few different outside opinions to see what i should switch up
I am a big believer that every warmup leads to the next set.

So if you approach each rep with speed and focus, it preps your body for the next heavier set.
I work up to a heavy deadlift with usually 10 reps, 6 reps, 4 reps, 3 reps, 2 reps, then singles. You can see this approach on my Journey post today.
Then I do less weight, high reps after as an Accessory.

I have never done a Speed day separately from my Heavy Squat or Deadlift day.
I just listen to my body and feel that has been the best for me.

The high reps have really helps increase my single rep deadlift for some odd reason.
I was stuck at pulling under 700 lbs for so long.

HIGA MONSTER

HIGA MONSTER
08-29-14, 5:09 pm
You put up some big numbers at unity! I guess the cube works!
It was great, and I won't lie...the Rep Days can be brutal and humble you.

HIGA MONSTER

MR. C
08-29-14, 5:30 pm
It was great, and I won't lie...the Rep Days can be brutal and humble you.

HIGA MONSTER

How many Reps/Sets u do on rep day?

MR. C
08-31-14, 3:13 pm
Iam starting the cube method tomorrow. I downloaded the book. It seems like a good program. My routine will be
Mon-Deads
Wed-chest
Fri-squat
Sat or Sun-upper/lower body work

I've been doing a 5✖️5 type of program but have hit a snag in my training and iam not progressing anymore. Also I train by myself so I have no spotter so going heavy for 5 by 5 is getting kind of dangerous especially on bench day. As the weight is getting heavier iam afraid of getting stuck under the weight. On the cube method I will only do heavy work once a week so if I need a spotter one day a week I will get one. I will not have to find a spotter everyday. Iam also looking forward to speed and rep work on there own days. Since you have done this program with success can you give me any advice?

HIGA MONSTER
09-03-14, 4:46 pm
How many Reps/Sets u do on rep day?
Sorry for the late reply.

reps Squat day was usually 3 sets of 10-12 reps for Comp Squats.
The Killer was doing that for Pause Squats!

HIGA MONSTER

HIGA MONSTER
09-03-14, 4:49 pm
Iam starting the cube method tomorrow. I downloaded the book. It seems like a good program. My routine will be
Mon-Deads
Wed-chest
Fri-squat
Sat or Sun-upper/lower body work

I've been doing a 5✖️5 type of program but have hit a snag in my training and iam not progressing anymore. Also I train by myself so I have no spotter so going heavy for 5 by 5 is getting kind of dangerous especially on bench day. As the weight is getting heavier iam afraid of getting stuck under the weight. On the cube method I will only do heavy work once a week so if I need a spotter one day a week I will get one. I will not have to find a spotter everyday. Iam also looking forward to speed and rep work on there own days. Since you have done this program with success can you give me any advice?
Stick with the plan and adjust the weights accordingly so that you get all the Reps required.

FYI, try to not always worry about a Spotter. If its too heavy, drop the weight being lifted to a weight you can handle for all reps.
You should attack the weights with no fear as much as possible.
I don't train with a Spotter most of the time, cause it forces me to make the damn lift or else I will fail.

and I don't wanna fail...

HIGA MONSTER

MR. C
09-03-14, 5:20 pm
Stick with the plan and adjust the weights accordingly so that you get all the Reps required.

FYI, try to not always worry about a Spotter. If its too heavy, drop the weight being lifted to a weight you can handle for all reps.
You should attack the weights with no fear as much as possible.
I don't train with a Spotter most of the time, cause it forces me to make the damn lift or else I will fail.

and I don't wanna fail...

HIGA MONSTER

Thanks Higa, you are a true motivator!
You have accomplished a lot in your career and I take your advice very seriously. I like your mind set when it comes to a spotter. Great stuff. Thanks!

HIGA MONSTER
09-03-14, 5:42 pm
Thanks Higa, you are a true motivator!
You have accomplished a lot in your career and I take your advice very seriously. I like your mind set when it comes to a spotter. Great stuff. Thanks!
Good luck and keep me posted!

HIGA MONSTER

nickstrm
09-10-14, 5:35 am
Sup Higa,

The past weekend (2014-09-06) I had my 1st ever strongman comp. I placed 13th overall of 28 guys. I got 4th place for log lift thanks to your log lift video you posted a while back on the YouTube Animal channel! So thanks bro it really helped a lot!! I think I'm a bit hooked on strongman and thinking of taking it further!!

Kind Regards
Nick

Superman55
09-11-14, 8:58 am
Which do u prefer as far as rows go? Tbar, barbell, dumbell... How would u program them ? Sets, reps, day or days per week.
Also, how do you feel about pulldown's/pull-ups? Which do you prefer and how would you program them into your routine. Do you have any favorites of either, pull ups or Rows? Or any combination of the two together, such as T-bar rows with a close grip and wide grip pull-ups... Which have giving you the best results throughout your career?

SquatPressPull
09-11-14, 11:29 am
Higa, my big squatting brother from another mother. I have a conversation(?) I'd like to have with you.

I have a chance to lift at RUM next year as a guest lifter. I'd really like to take advantage of the opportunity and lift with some of the best lifters in the world. The other side and conversation I'd like to have is... I know you lifted in the USAPL before (I think you set a record for the squat) and that's one federation that's close to me (location wise). I also see that you did the RUM Unity meet as well. I haven't confirmed it and it's being awhile since I read it, but believe I remember that USAPL will not allow any lifters to compete at their meets if they have lifted in a fed that allows the use of "gear".

My question is, have you been able to compete in an USAPL meet since Unity? If not, and I'm sure you knew it before hand, what helped you make the choice to go to Unity and no longer go to USAPL? I seriously want to lift at Unity, but I don't really want to lose out on meets that are near by and I can lift at more per year.

What are your thoughts on it? Either way?

Thank you sir.

Shukin
09-11-14, 11:43 am
Higa, my big squatting brother from another mother. I have a conversation(?) I'd like to have with you.

I have a chance to lift at RUM next year as a guest lifter. I'd really like to take advantage of the opportunity and lift with some of the best lifters in the world. The other side and conversation I'd like to have is... I know you lifted in the USAPL before (I think you set a record for the squat) and that's one federation that's close to me (location wise). I also see that you did the RUM Unity meet as well. I haven't confirmed it and it's being awhile since I read it, but believe I remember that USAPL will not allow any lifters to compete at their meets if they have lifted in a fed that allows the use of "gear".

My question is, have you been able to compete in an USAPL meet since Unity? If not, and I'm sure you knew it before hand, what helped you make the choice to go to Unity and no longer go to USAPL? I seriously want to lift at Unity, but I don't really want to lose out on meets that are near by and I can lift at more per year.

Thank you sir.
This is a great question of weighing the pros and cons, how to make choices that can affect your future as a lifter. Are you banned and if so for how long? Jessie Norris also competed at RUM7, I believe the tested him in his hotel room....

Very curious as to what Higa has to say.

HIGA MONSTER
09-12-14, 12:02 am
Sup Higa,

The past weekend (2014-09-06) I had my 1st ever strongman comp. I placed 13th overall of 28 guys. I got 4th place for log lift thanks to your log lift video you posted a while back on the YouTube Animal channel! So thanks bro it really helped a lot!! I think I'm a bit hooked on strongman and thinking of taking it further!!

Kind Regards
Nick
That is awesome!

Congratulations and I appreciate you checking out my YouTube. This is great to hear, especially from South Africa!
Keep it up and I hope you do another Strongman contest soon.

Aloha,
HIGA MONSTER

HIGA MONSTER
09-12-14, 12:08 am
Which do u prefer as far as rows go? Tbar, barbell, dumbell... How would u program them ? Sets, reps, day or days per week.
Also, how do you feel about pulldown's/pull-ups? Which do you prefer and how would you program them into your routine. Do you have any favorites of either, pull ups or Rows? Or any combination of the two together, such as T-bar rows with a close grip and wide grip pull-ups... Which have giving you the best results throughout your career?
To be honest, I don't row alot or hardly at all.

This may be a detriment to me but I personally feel so tired after doing alot of Squats or Deadlifts that I don't do any Rows.

I usually will do some Lat Pulls when I am in a gym that has a Lat Pull but Imperial CrossFit doesn't have any Cable apparattus so I just usually do Inverted Rows on the rings. I do really like to do those.
Pull-ups are actually something I need to do more, and when i do that at Imperial CrossFit, I have to use a blue or green band at my feet. Cause this is a weakness for me.

I would probably do rows or pulls on your Bench Press days. Cause when you lower the bar, you have to stabilize it with your Lats.
Change it up every so often but I don't like using Lat Pulls with straps. I would rather use my bare hands and get my reps in cause I need to have good Grip strength in my Powerlifting or Strongman contests.

Best of luck in your training, and please keep me posted!
HIGA MONSTER

HIGA MONSTER
09-12-14, 12:22 am

Thank you sir.
Brother,
The situation was that I was given a invite by the USAPL to lift in the "GNC Pro Deadlift at The Arnold" this year. This was going to happen after RUM 7.

I decided to lift in RUM 7 because I had never done it before and wanted to throw my hat into the ring with other lifters and that all the ANIMAL powerlifters were going to be there too.
But when I decided to do it, Brad Gillingham told me that there is a chance I would be disqualified from The Arnold Pro Deadlift. Brad had nothing to do with this decision but called me as my friend to let me know what the outcome would be. It was a USAPL and IPF issue.

I thought this was weird because I am proud to say that I am a lifetime Drug-free Masters powerlifter/strongman and don't really care if I compete against or with lifters who are not.
So I thought it would be to the USAPL's benefit that I lift in RUM 7. I even asked them if a Official would come and drug test me while in Florida and they said no. This matter will be answered in Shukin's post below...LMAO

So I said, whatever and committed to lifting in RUM 7 and gave up my spot to lift on the Arnold Expo stage. This suspension is for 1 year, and ONLY for lifting at a Pro Deadlift contest sanctioned by the IPF. The suspension started on the day I lifted in RUM 7.
I am NOT suspended from lifting in a State or National USAPL sanctioned contest. Only the Pro Deadlift contests or any IPF World Championship. I am planning to lift in a local USAPL contest here in Washington on Dec 6th.

My suggestion is that you do RUM 7 because you will not be banned from lifting in any State or National level contest sanctioned by the USAPL.

Great question. Take care my bro.
HIGA MONSTER

HIGA MONSTER
09-12-14, 12:32 am
This is a great question of weighing the pros and cons, how to make choices that can affect your future as a lifter. Are you banned and if so for how long? Jessie Norris also competed at RUM7, I believe the tested him in his hotel room....

Very curious as to what Higa has to say.
Now the fucked up thing about this was that I had asked the USAPL if I could be tested in Florida at RUM 7.
They told me it probably wouldn't be able to happen.

So I fly into Florida, pickup my rental car and drive to RUM 7 to get weighed in, then ate a late dinner and checked into my hotel.
As soon as I get my hotel room key, who walks into the hotel lobby? USAPL and IPF referee Robert Keller.

I actually got excited thinking he was going to Drug test me...but then he asked if I saw Jesse Norris.
I said "no" and he asks the Front Desk to ring his room. The lady tells him that Jesse Norris is not here at this hotel. Keller says, "I just drove 2.5 hours from Orlando and I know he is here...please find him"

Keller was wrong and apparently got the wrong hotel.
Jesse Norris told me he got woken up late at night by his hotel to take a Drug Test.

But they didn't test me. WTF?

HIGA MONSTER

Shukin
09-12-14, 9:35 am
Now the fucked up thing about this was that I had asked the USAPL if I could be tested in Florida at RUM 7.

So I fly into Florida, pickup my rental car and drive to RUM 7 to get weighed in, then ate a late dinner and checked into my hotel.
As soon as I get my hotel room key, who walks into the hotel lobby? USAPL and IPF referee Robert Keller.

I actually got excited thinking he was going to Drug test me...but then he asked if I saw Jesse Norris.
I said "no" and he asks the Front Desk to ring his room. The lady tells him that Jesse Norris is not here at this hotel. Keller says, "I just drove 2.5 hours from Orlando and I know he is here...please find him"

Jesse Norris told me he got woken up late at night by his hotel to take a Drug Test.

HIGA MONSTER
That's fucked up, one to wake up Jesse in the middle of the nigh and two not to test you, you are clearly bigger than him so you must be on something!, lmao
It would have been the perfect opportunity for them to test you wile looking for Jesse, unless perhaps the fact that you requested a test made them think you were masking.
I'm happy to know the you and Anthony Harris have accomplished and continue to accomplish so much DRUG free, well beer, sushi and skittles aside, it is inspiring.

Keep it up brother.

Respect,
Shukin

Altered Beast
09-12-14, 11:08 am

HIGA MONSTER

One of the countless reasons I will N E V E R compete in the IPF or any affiliate for any reason whatsoever.

HIGA MONSTER
09-12-14, 9:24 pm
That's fucked up, one to wake up Jesse in the middle of the nigh and two not to test you, you are clearly bigger than him so you must be on something!, lmao
It would have been the perfect opportunity for them to test you wile looking for Jesse, unless perhaps the fact that you requested a test made them think you were masking.
I'm happy to know the you and Anthony Harris have accomplished and continue to accomplish so much DRUG free, well beer, sushi and skittles aside, it is inspiring.

Keep it up brother.

Respect,
Shukin
Well, they tested me after I lifted in The Cage 2 years ago...so it was a shock that I didn't get tested at RUM 7

Oh well...
HIGA MONSTER

SquatPressPull
09-15-14, 2:29 pm
Brother,
The situation was that I was given a invite by the USAPL to lift in the "GNC Pro Deadlift at The Arnold" this year. This was going to happen after RUM 7.

I decided to lift in RUM 7 because I had never done it before and wanted to throw my hat into the ring with other lifters and that all the ANIMAL powerlifters were going to be there too.
But when I decided to do it, Brad Gillingham told me that there is a chance I would be disqualified from The Arnold Pro Deadlift. Brad had nothing to do with this decision but called me as my friend to let me know what the outcome would be. It was a USAPL and IPF issue.

I thought this was weird because I am proud to say that I am a lifetime Drug-free Masters powerlifter/strongman and don't really care if I compete against or with lifters who are not.
So I thought it would be to the USAPL's benefit that I lift in RUM 7. I even asked them if a Official would come and drug test me while in Florida and they said no. This matter will be answered in Shukin's post below...LMAO

So I said, whatever and committed to lifting in RUM 7 and gave up my spot to lift on the Arnold Expo stage. This suspension is for 1 year, and ONLY for lifting at a Pro Deadlift contest sanctioned by the IPF. The suspension started on the day I lifted in RUM 7.
I am NOT suspended from lifting in a State or National USAPL sanctioned contest. Only the Pro Deadlift contests or any IPF World Championship. I am planning to lift in a local USAPL contest here in Washington on Dec 6th.

My suggestion is that you do RUM 7 because you will not be banned from lifting in any State or National level contest sanctioned by the USAPL.

Great question. Take care my bro.
HIGA MONSTER

Wow! Thanks for the response and it definitely helps!

I didn't want to give up my local meets and I definitely want to lift in RUM. I doubt I'll ever get to a chance to lift at any of the World Champions, so I think I'll do it. (Gotta get it approved by the boss (wife).

Thank you again for easing my concern! I hope to see you there!

SPP

SquatPressPull
09-15-14, 2:34 pm
That's fucked up, <snip>continue to accomplish so much DRUG free, well beer, sushi and skittles aside, it is inspiring.

Keep it up brother.

Respect,
Shukin

I agree... I see I need to add more skittles. Is that the "new gear"?

SPP

HIGA MONSTER
09-16-14, 1:12 am
Wow! Thanks for the response and it definitely helps!

I didn't want to give up my local meets and I definitely want to lift in RUM. I doubt I'll ever get to a chance to lift at any of the World Champions, so I think I'll do it. (Gotta get it approved by the boss (wife).

Thank you again for easing my concern! I hope to see you there!

SPP
Good man, it will be a great experience for you!

Best of luck in your training!
HIGA MONSTER

MR. C
09-17-14, 1:31 pm
What's up higa?

What type of warm up exercises do u do before deadlifts? I know u are a big believer in foam rolling as am I. What other types of warm ups do u do? Any specific exercises or do u just jump rite into Deads.

SquatPressPull
09-17-14, 2:22 pm
Good man, it will be a great experience for you!

Best of luck in your training!
HIGA MONSTER

Thank you sir. Even though I don't smile all the time on the outside, I always am on the inside. haha

I confirmed last week, my spot is still there (as a guest lifter). So, now boss (wife) approval.

Training is going well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tvDBzLmTv8

Fast forward to to 2:07 unless you want to watch the whole thing. The 1000 will fall in November.

Thanks again. You are my inspiration for who you are and how you do things... I still want that 405X20. haha

HIGA MONSTER
09-18-14, 1:10 am
Thank you sir. Even though I don't smile all the time on the outside, I always am on the inside. haha

I confirmed last week, my spot is still there (as a guest lifter). So, now boss (wife) approval.

Training is going well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tvDBzLmTv8

Fast forward to to 2:07 unless you want to watch the whole thing. The 1000 will fall in November.

Thanks again. You are my inspiration for who you are and how you do things... I still want that 405X20. haha
Sick bro! Thats awesome!

HIGA MONSTER

Derek Kendall
09-18-14, 10:36 am
Sick bro! Thats awesome!

HIGA MONSTER

Crazy strong man and very inspirational. Keep it up man

SquatPressPull
09-25-14, 7:25 am
Sick bro! Thats awesome!

HIGA MONSTER

Thanks brother.

SPP

SquatPressPull
09-25-14, 7:26 am
Crazy strong man and very inspirational. Keep it up man

Thank you sir.

SPP

HIGA MONSTER
09-27-14, 12:15 pm
Thank you sir.

SPP
I showed your video to my friend who said he was tired and didn't have time to workout.

He didn't miss his workout the next day after watching you Deadlift.

HIGA MONSTER
09-29-14, 10:52 am
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ybW_6QXRvQ&feature=gp-n-y&google_comment_id=z12bermxeyjadrcut22iidojsqfiiv1h g04

Kowboy
09-29-14, 11:00 am
Such a badass performance man, loved watching you and Ben go at it.

HIGA MONSTER
09-30-14, 1:04 am
Such a badass performance man, loved watching you and Ben go at it.
Thanks alot man.

20 reps will be my next goal to achieve next time I try that.

HIGA MONSTER

Mattman33
10-21-14, 4:04 pm
I know we talked about the backwards box jumps. this is the guy teaching me how to do the olympic lifts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D43b7kZYm3k&list=UUmsyUReRa0Mg6uAxTyLNoqQ

HIGA MONSTER
10-22-14, 5:12 pm
I know we talked about the backwards box jumps. this is the guy teaching me how to do the olympic lifts.

HOLY SHIT...

How tall was that? Never saw that before. Have you felt it helps you out?

HIGA MONSTER

Mattman33
10-22-14, 7:29 pm
HOLY SHIT...

How tall was that? Never saw that before. Have you felt it helps you out?

HIGA MONSTER

I am only jumping onto a 18 inch soft block. I jump onto the box 3-4 sets before i clean, or snatch. I am trying to push more with my heels than my toes, and yes I feel it is helping me out.

that is Aaron Adams, and the height was probably 48 inches or so. Not 100%.

Theonidus
10-23-14, 12:45 am
I'm liking all of the knowledge thrown about in this thread.
Subbing just to stay on top of the feed.

Kowboy
10-23-14, 9:56 am

i would be in the hospital

HIGA MONSTER
10-23-14, 12:12 pm
I am only jumping onto a 18 inch soft block. I jump onto the box 3-4 sets before i clean, or snatch. I am trying to push more with my heels than my toes, and yes I feel it is helping me out.

that is Aaron Adams, and the height was probably 48 inches or so. Not 100%.
That is some crazy shit. I will try it onto a 18" box tomorrow, but I can't lie and say that isn't a scary thought...

HIGA

HIGA MONSTER
10-23-14, 12:14 pm
I'm liking all of the knowledge thrown about in this thread.
Subbing just to stay on top of the feed.
Right on brother, thanks for stopping by.

Have a KICKASS DAY.

HIGA MONSTER
10-23-14, 12:15 pm
i would be in the hospital
Totally.

However, MattMan is about the same height as you. So maybe you should try it on a lower box.

HIGA

wedge
10-23-14, 1:42 pm
Higa, when I do shoulders my first exercise is typically the push press, instead of strict military press or the like. I do this, as I think it will obviously transfer over into strongman. Can I get your thoughts on this? Right now I am solely focusing on push press, as I am doing Boring But Big.

Kowboy
10-23-14, 2:51 pm
Totally.

However, MattMan is about the same height as you. So maybe you should try it on a lower box.

HIGA

How about in to a big vat of foam?

Diablo
10-23-14, 3:18 pm
Higa,
What's up brother? Want to take this opportunity to say been following your videos for a year or so, and find them very motivational; you are a BAD dude bro. I have been an animal fan for years, just never really got in participating into the forum. I have been in the gym for around 10 + years drug free, but just bodybuilding exercises, and I have been wanting to get into powerlifting for about 6 months now; but the place I live is a very small town, so no one is into powerlifting there. Feel like a lone soldier in there. Just want your opinion on where I should start? I did my 1 rep maxes a few weeks ago, 1145 total. I have never powerlifted before, just want to get some direction from you.
Thanks Brother, much respect.

HIGA MONSTER
10-24-14, 11:00 pm
Higa, when I do shoulders my first exercise is typically the push press, instead of strict military press or the like. I do this, as I think it will obviously transfer over into strongman. Can I get your thoughts on this? Right now I am solely focusing on push press, as I am doing Boring But Big.
I think thats a good way to start, cause it will get your CNS firing as if you were in a Strongman contest.

I am a Push-Presser, sort of. I wish I had more leg drive, but I do have a little Push Press.
However, I think its important to throw in the Strict Press but still focus on being explosive.

This can be used with Close Grip, Seated or Standing DB presses, or Axle Strict Press.

Keep it up bro!
HIGA MONSTER

HIGA MONSTER
10-24-14, 11:01 pm
How about in to a big vat of foam?
Totally, like a BMX or Motocross biker!

HIGA MONSTER
10-24-14, 11:05 pm
Higa,
What's up brother? Want to take this opportunity to say been following your videos for a year or so, and find them very motivational; you are a BAD dude bro. I have been an animal fan for years, just never really got in participating into the forum. I have been in the gym for around 10 + years drug free, but just bodybuilding exercises, and I have been wanting to get into powerlifting for about 6 months now; but the place I live is a very small town, so no one is into powerlifting there. Feel like a lone soldier in there. Just want your opinion on where I should start? I did my 1 rep maxes a few weeks ago, 1145 total. I have never powerlifted before, just want to get some direction from you.
Thanks Brother, much respect.
Diablo,
Thank you for the kind words and I am honored to be a part of your inspiration.

You should try to take a road trip one day to a part of Colorado that has a Powerlifting team. I know there is a big USAPL group in Aurora, CO.
That way, you can learn some tips or training techniques and take that home.

I like to Powerlift, but I also like to still be athletic and keep training Strongman or other Raw Functional Exercises.
So my advice to you is to throw in some heavy volume days once in a while but start settiing out 3 days of your week where you Squat, Bench Press and Deadlift.

If you have a local meet that is close to home, go and compete in it!
There is nothing better than gaining Contest experience by doing one!

Best of luck and please keep me posted.
HIGA MONSTER

GunRock
10-25-14, 4:20 am
Diablo,

Just saw your post. Forgive me for butting in. I realize your question was for Higa but I was in your situation for years so I thought I'd comment. I've never had a coach and I trained alone for years until my sons became old enough to train. Now I have others to train with but I'm still the most experienced guy on my team. Anyway, I started out by looking up meets on powerlifting watch and found a push/pull meet that was about four hours away from me that gave me three months to train for it. I signed up and drove up to it and back the same day! That was a LOOONG day as I drove by myself, left about 2am to get there in time for weigh ins, weighed in, got something to eat, then took a nap in the parking lot until the rules meeting started. My two oldest boys went with me, they were 12 and 11 at the time I believe and I just told them to wake me up when they saw a bunch of big guys going back inside the building! It ended up being a great time even though I was about dead by the time I got home late that night!

Anyway, you can find meets on powerlifting watch there's a NASA meet today in Colorado incidentally. You don't have to compete in the first meet you see, but it's a good way to meet other people who are more experienced and are also into powerlifting. Even if they live too far away to train, you can pick their brains and maybe even get somebody to check your form if you have time after the meet is over. The meet director will usually be more than willing to help you out as new lifters are how the sport grows.

Post videos of your form in the Ask the Animals thread, join one of the powerlifting groups here on the Forvm and I'd also recommend posting your Journey as other people will follow it and give input if you want them to.

As far as your numbers go, my advice to new guys is NOT to worry about numbers. It's rare for guys to enter powerlifting and blow the world away with their numbers especially if they train alone. So just pick a good powerlifting focused program to follow, Starting Strength, The Cube Method, Brandon Carter's Base Building and The Texas Method are all great programs for beginners to powerlifting. Since you've been lifting for years, you only need to adjust your rep ranges and maybe tweak form but as I said, you can get that through videos and asking questions at local meets. For your first meet, I'd suggest to not worry about trying to break records or even win. Just strive to go 9 for 9 that day. Don't even diet. Just lift in whatever class you happen to be in so you'll feel strong. Enjoy that first day of competition and pick the brains of other lifters around you.

One more thing and this is HUGE. Come to The Cage and definitely the National ABC event! That night, you'll be surrounded by veterans of the game who will be more than happy to help you out. My deadlift max went up by 20lbs just from implementing a tip that Brent Willis gave me at the National ABC.

Here's the link to powerlifting watch: http://www.powerliftingwatch.com/node/4421

Good luck Bro!

HIGA MONSTER
10-25-14, 12:37 pm
Diablo,

Just saw your post. Forgive me for butting in. I realize your question was for Higa but I was in your situation for years so I thought I'd comment. I've never had a coach and I trained alone for years until my sons became old enough to train. Now I have others to train with but I'm still the most experienced guy on my team. Anyway, I started out by looking up meets on powerlifting watch and found a push/pull meet that was about four hours away from me that gave me three months to train for it. I signed up and drove up to it and back the same day! That was a LOOONG day as I drove by myself, left about 2am to get there in time for weigh ins, weighed in, got something to eat, then took a nap in the parking lot until the rules meeting started. My two oldest boys went with me, they were 12 and 11 at the time I believe and I just told them to wake me up when they saw a bunch of big guys going back inside the building! It ended up being a great time even though I was about dead by the time I got home late that night!

Anyway, you can find meets on powerlifting watch there's a NASA meet today in Colorado incidentally. You don't have to compete in the first meet you see, but it's a good way to meet other people who are more experienced and are also into powerlifting. Even if they live too far away to train, you can pick their brains and maybe even get somebody to check your form if you have time after the meet is over. The meet director will usually be more than willing to help you out as new lifters are how the sport grows.

Post videos of your form in the Ask the Animals thread, join one of the powerlifting groups here on the Forvm and I'd also recommend posting your Journey as other people will follow it and give input if you want them to.

As far as your numbers go, my advice to new guys is NOT to worry about numbers. It's rare for guys to enter powerlifting and blow the world away with their numbers especially if they train alone. So just pick a good powerlifting focused program to follow, Starting Strength, The Cube Method, Brandon Carter's Base Building and The Texas Method are all great programs for beginners to powerlifting. Since you've been lifting for years, you only need to adjust your rep ranges and maybe tweak form but as I said, you can get that through videos and asking questions at local meets. For your first meet, I'd suggest to not worry about trying to break records or even win. Just strive to go 9 for 9 that day. Don't even diet. Just lift in whatever class you happen to be in so you'll feel strong. Enjoy that first day of competition and pick the brains of other lifters around you.

One more thing and this is HUGE. Come to The Cage and definitely the National ABC event! That night, you'll be surrounded by veterans of the game who will be more than happy to help you out. My deadlift max went up by 20lbs just from implementing a tip that Brent Willis gave me at the National ABC.

Here's the link to powerlifting watch: http://www.powerliftingwatch.com/node/4421

Good luck Bro!
Diablo,

I agree with Gunrock. Come to the National ABC and The Cage if you can. Its a great way to speak to us all and share knowledge. If you can afford to come, you should do it bro.

Keep me posted and stay strong!
HIGA MONSTER

Diablo
10-27-14, 6:12 pm
Diablo,
Thank you for the kind words and I am honored to be a part of your inspiration.

You should try to take a road trip one day to a part of Colorado that has a Powerlifting team. I know there is a big USAPL group in Aurora, CO.
That way, you can learn some tips or training techniques and take that home.

I like to Powerlift, but I also like to still be athletic and keep training Strongman or other Raw Functional Exercises.
So my advice to you is to throw in some heavy volume days once in a while but start settiing out 3 days of your week where you Squat, Bench Press and Deadlift.

If you have a local meet that is close to home, go and compete in it!
There is nothing better than gaining Contest experience by doing one!

Best of luck and please keep me posted.
HIGA MONSTER

HIGA,
Thanks for your input, I appreciate it. I will definitely take your advice, and check out the USAPL group in Aurora. I will start throwing in some heavy days in my workouts and focus on squat, bench and deadlifts. I think it's my inexperience talking, but I am a bit intimidated to go compete right now; although, I know that this is the only way I will gain experience.
Higa, thanks for the advice and I will keep you posted on my progress.

Diablo
10-27-14, 6:24 pm
Diablo,

Good luck Bro!

Gunrock,
Thanks for the input bro, this is why I am here to ask the vets in the weight game. I appreciate any input from experienced lifters. Thank you for sharing your story and experience with me; it seems that there is plenty of brotherhood than what I thought there was in powerlifting. Just like everything in life; something new seems intimidating, but once you do it the butterflies go away. I feel that in order to grow as a person, we as people need to challenge ourselves with goals and aspirations.
I am surely going to take the advice given to me, and gain some knowledge and get a good foundation started. Thanks for the help guys, I appreciate your help in getting started.

Diablo
10-27-14, 6:41 pm
Diablo,

I agree with Gunrock. Come to the National ABC and The Cage if you can. Its a great way to speak to us all and share knowledge. If you can afford to come, you should do it bro.

Keep me posted and stay strong!
HIGA MONSTER

Higa,
I would like that, to get a chance to speak with like minded people and meet the guys who inspire us to put forth that extra effort in the gym. I have been an Animal fan for a very long time, I remember watching my first video about the Cage, and seeing the brotherhood and integrity of the athletes that represent Animal; I was blown away and proud to wear my wore out Animal t-shirt to the gym. I think it is just amazing that you can go to a place and rub elbows with the pros and get tips from them. Throughout my life I have not seen a company that connects with the fans like Universal and Animal, you guys are a class act. Just being able to connect with people from different walks of life through the forum is amazing. It is no wonder that Animal and it's athletes are gaining recognition as being one of the best in the business.

Thanks for the words fellas.

HIGA MONSTER
10-28-14, 12:39 am
Higa,
I would like that, to get a chance to speak with like minded people and meet the guys who inspire us to put forth that extra effort in the gym. I have been an Animal fan for a very long time, I remember watching my first video about the Cage, and seeing the brotherhood and integrity of the athletes that represent Animal; I was blown away and proud to wear my wore out Animal t-shirt to the gym. I think it is just amazing that you can go to a place and rub elbows with the pros and get tips from them. Throughout my life I have not seen a company that connects with the fans like Universal and Animal, you guys are a class act. Just being able to connect with people from different walks of life through the forum is amazing. It is no wonder that Animal and it's athletes are gaining recognition as being one of the best in the business.

Thanks for the words fellas.
For sure bro.

My advice is that if you plan to go to the Arnold, book a hotel NOW...
You can always shop around for a flight to Columbus, but the hotels can be sold out a year in advance.

Anytime you need anything, just let me know.
HIGA MONSTER

Diablo
10-29-14, 10:17 am
For sure bro.

My advice is that if you plan to go to the Arnold, book a hotel NOW...
You can always shop around for a flight to Columbus, but the hotels can be sold out a year in advance.

Anytime you need anything, just let me know.
HIGA MONSTER

Right on bro, thank you.

BJ Whitehead
10-31-14, 11:37 pm
Yeah man I was just waiting to hear from Animal about Raw Unity but I'm leaning to the Fit Expo.

HIGA MONSTER
11-01-14, 12:31 am
Yeah man I was just waiting to hear from Animal about Raw Unity but I'm leaning to the Fit Expo.
Cool bro, hope to see you there then!

HIGA MONSTER

BJ Whitehead
11-01-14, 1:47 am
Same here!! Good luck at IPL World's !!!

wedge
11-05-14, 2:22 pm
There's being in shape (which I am) and then there's being in strongman shape (which I'm not). I'm moving out of state in a little more than a week, so my former training partner and I got up at the ass crack of dawn this morning so the gym at our YMCA would be empty and we could bring out the strongman equipment. We used tires (450/600) and stones (100/200). I was sucking wind from the beginning, but go through it. Then went on to my workout.

HIGA MONSTER
11-05-14, 6:02 pm
Same here!! Good luck at IPL World's !!!
Thank you bro!

HIGA MONSTER
11-05-14, 6:03 pm
There's being in shape (which I am) and then there's being in strongman shape (which I'm not). I'm moving out of state in a little more than a week, so my former training partner and I got up at the ass crack of dawn this morning so the gym at our YMCA would be empty and we could bring out the strongman equipment. We used tires (450/600) and stones (100/200). I was sucking wind from the beginning, but go through it. Then went on to my workout.
Damn brah...thats a killer especially that early in the morning!

Great fuckin job!
HIGA MONSTER

HIGA MONSTER
01-11-15, 1:58 pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlfbyDLuV9c

P Diesel
01-12-15, 9:45 am
i know ur pumped about Oregon tonight and Seattle this weekend

P

HIGA MONSTER
01-12-15, 10:11 am
i know ur pumped about Oregon tonight and Seattle this weekend

P
Its going to be hard to cheer for the Ducks, but I am a fan of the Hawaii kid Mariota.

Pac 12 conference shares the revenue for any bowl game, so my Oregon State Beavers are actually going to benefit from this game if the Ducks win.

Its a pretty big deal though that a kid from Hawaii won the Heisman and is going to play in the National Championship.
That inspires alot of kids back home in da Islands.

And yes, Seattle is amped up for the NFC Championship!

HIGA MONSTER

P Diesel
01-16-15, 2:40 pm
i saw ur Big on the basics: Squat video, the cage video with frank commentary ... now wheres the twerking tutorial uve been telling me about?

P

HIGA MONSTER
01-17-15, 3:00 am
i saw ur Big on the basics: Squat video, the cage video with frank commentary ... now wheres the twerking tutorial uve been telling me about?

P
It was at your Momma's house...

HIGA MONSTER
01-17-15, 4:24 pm
He did this on his 65th birthday yesterday.
So all you old Fuckers sitting on the couch...GET OFF YOUR ASS AND TRAIN.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_v62AsdPDsY

Kowboy
01-17-15, 10:18 pm
I am back in to Strongman...first time lifting stones since 2013 adn finally hit 300 at about 40lbs lighter. It can only go up from here, lapped the 330 so it is next. That video is insane, I am close to getting the thomas inch off the ground. Hoping to get it by the arnold so I can swing by and grab it at one of those booths.

HIGA MONSTER
01-19-15, 12:50 am
I am back in to Strongman...first time lifting stones since 2013 adn finally hit 300 at about 40lbs lighter. It can only go up from here, lapped the 330 so it is next. That video is insane, I am close to getting the thomas inch off the ground. Hoping to get it by the arnold so I can swing by and grab it at one of those booths.
Odd told me via email that his grip wasn't tired...it was the Cardio for him to deadlift the Inch Dumbbell that was tiring.

VISE GRIP VIKING indeed.

HIGA MONSTER
02-10-15, 11:02 am
Check out this nasty DB press medley they had to do!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMee5MHCOIw

Altered Beast
02-10-15, 12:32 pm
Check out this nasty DB press medley they had to do!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMee5MHCOIw

GEEEEEEEEEEEEZ! Were there plenty of shoulder injuries or what??

HIGA MONSTER
02-11-15, 4:45 pm
GEEEEEEEEEEEEZ! Were there plenty of shoulder injuries or what??
No, but you can see that the DB's had Fat Handles on them.

Pretty frickin Brutal!

Kowboy
02-11-15, 7:22 pm
Odd told me via email that his grip wasn't tired...it was the Cardio for him to deadlift the Inch Dumbbell that was tiring.

VISE GRIP VIKING indeed.

That dude is amazing to watch, such a nice guy as well.

Altered Beast
02-12-15, 10:34 am
No, but you can see that the DB's had Fat Handles on them.

Pretty frickin Brutal!

WOW that makes it even more impressive!

I've used the Circus DB's at my gym in the past, gripping them is the hardest part! The fat handles are killer.

HIGA MONSTER
02-23-15, 7:10 pm
That dude is amazing to watch, such a nice guy as well.
I agree.

Odd is the reason I got into Strongman. And he helped spark some big contests in Hawaii while he lived there.

HIGA MONSTER
02-23-15, 7:11 pm
WOW that makes it even more impressive!

I've used the Circus DB's at my gym in the past, gripping them is the hardest part! The fat handles are killer.
For sure bro.
They humble you really quick.

AWARD
02-27-15, 5:58 pm
What's up Higa? Been following your stuff for a bit now I remember you had the eating videos on YouTube which were dope btw!

So my question has to do with the deadlift. Not many people can hang with you on reps with deads as you know. As I've been seeing, every rep looks damn near the same technique wise. My problem is that I'm terribly inconsistent with reps. For example on a set of 8, the first 4 will be legit and remaining I'll end up yanking or just losing technique.

From what I'm seeing, when I lose technique I don't engage my lower body at the beginning of the lift. I'll lock in my lats by breaking the bar and usually just rip it off the ground. I do think the strength is there, I just lose focus and yank it. I do take the 'slack' out the bar - but mostly with my upper body and not pushing through the floor

What are some good cues for engaging my lower body (esp the glutes) before the lift? And if you know of any great glute activations to do pre workout? Thanks a bunch! Peace

HIGA MONSTER
02-27-15, 10:58 pm
What's up Higa? Been following your stuff for a bit now I remember you had the eating videos on YouTube which were dope btw!

So my question has to do with the deadlift. Not many people can hang with you on reps with deads as you know. As I've been seeing, every rep looks damn near the same technique wise. My problem is that I'm terribly inconsistent with reps. For example on a set of 8, the first 4 will be legit and remaining I'll end up yanking or just losing technique.

From what I'm seeing, when I lose technique I don't engage my lower body at the beginning of the lift. I'll lock in my lats by breaking the bar and usually just rip it off the ground. I do think the strength is there, I just lose focus and yank it. I do take the 'slack' out the bar - but mostly with my upper body and not pushing through the floor

What are some good cues for engaging my lower body (esp the glutes) before the lift? And if you know of any great glute activations to do pre workout? Thanks a bunch! Peace
Thanks for the support, bro.

Do you have a video that I can see of your Deadlift? That would help break it down too.

Aloha,
HIGA MONSTER

ClachCuidFir500
03-01-15, 10:59 am
Hello, I am definitely a fan! I too like to do strongman and powerlifting, but I am nowhere near your level...I recently injured my hand (cut it) and now I will be out of the gym for a couple months. Have you ever had a serious injury that took you out of the game for a long time? Do you have any advice? It's tough mentally to get through it, but physically I want to come back strong while not doing too much too quick and re-injuring myself either. As a former Marine I tend to be thick headed at times and don't want to rush it, but being laid up /i feel like a pussy.....

HIGA MONSTER
03-01-15, 12:55 pm
Hello, I am definitely a fan! I too like to do strongman and powerlifting, but I am nowhere near your level...I recently injured my hand (cut it) and now I will be out of the gym for a couple months. Have you ever had a serious injury that took you out of the game for a long time? Do you have any advice? It's tough mentally to get through it, but physically I want to come back strong while not doing too much too quick and re-injuring myself either. As a former Marine I tend to be thick headed at times and don't want to rush it, but being laid up /i feel like a pussy.....
The most serious injury I had for Strongman was a Herniated Disc in my lower back in 2005.

This was a huge wake up call for me to strengthen my CORE.

What I would suggest is that you make sure you get a proper Diagnosis of your injury from a Professional or 2.
Then make sure you have a plan that will get you back in the Iron game.

The hardest part of getting injured is chomping at the bit and you end up coming back to quickly.
Be smart about it and take the proper steps, with a little bit of pushing the envelope, to get back.

Keep me posted and know that you will be fine.
Just work hard and train/rehab smart.

Aloha,
HIGA MONSTER

ClachCuidFir500
03-01-15, 2:29 pm
The most serious injury I had for Strongman was a Herniated Disc in my lower back in 2005.

This was a huge wake up call for me to strengthen my CORE.

What I would suggest is that you make sure you get a proper Diagnosis of your injury from a Professional or 2.
Then make sure you have a plan that will get you back in the Iron game.

The hardest part of getting injured is chomping at the bit and you end up coming back to quickly.
Be smart about it and take the proper steps, with a little bit of pushing the envelope, to get back.

Keep me posted and know that you will be fine.
Just work hard and train/rehab smart.

Aloha,
HIGA MONSTER

Thank you. I had surgery yesterday, hopefully all will heal well. Thank you for the kind words, I will take your advice. I am chomping at the bit already lol.

I will keep you posted, thank you again,

Andrew

HIGA MONSTER
03-01-15, 7:46 pm
Thank you. I had surgery yesterday, hopefully all will heal well. Thank you for the kind words, I will take your advice. I am chomping at the bit already lol.

I will keep you posted, thank you again,

Andrew
Your welcome.

Stay postive and I hope recovery is speedy for you!

ClachCuidFir500
04-02-15, 11:49 pm
Your welcome.

Stay postive and I hope recovery is speedy for you!

Well, its been over a month but the Doc cleared me today! I can do no harm to my hand or wrist, but I have to start slow. Tomorrow will be the first training day. I have to go slow, basically start like the first time I trained, but with how serious it could have been, I'll take it!

Hope all is well

HIGA MONSTER
04-08-15, 2:35 am
Well, its been over a month but the Doc cleared me today! I can do no harm to my hand or wrist, but I have to start slow. Tomorrow will be the first training day. I have to go slow, basically start like the first time I trained, but with how serious it could have been, I'll take it!

Hope all is well
Great news!

Thanks for the update and keep me posted.
HIGA MONSTER

MR. C
04-09-15, 8:27 pm
Higa where can I buy that liquid chalk I see u using on your YouTube videos?

HIGA MONSTER
04-10-15, 10:21 am
Higa where can I buy that liquid chalk I see u using on your YouTube videos?
http://ironclub.myshopify.com/products/liquid-chalk

Use "higamonster" for a discount code too.

Its great for deadlifting and other grip related exercises!

HIGA MONSTER
04-10-15, 10:27 am
P Diesel is coming to Seattle!

He is flying out in June to help me with my strongman contest, "Washington's Strongest Apple 8" on June 13th.
Psyched to have him help and be a part of this amateur strongman contest.

Thank you my braddah!
HIGA

MR. C
04-10-15, 1:52 pm
http://ironclub.myshopify.com/products/liquid-chalk

Use "higamonster" for a discount code too.

Its great for deadlifting and other grip related exercises!

Thanks Higa!

HIGA MONSTER
04-17-15, 1:47 am
I am driving down to Central Oregon high desert tomorrow, to help with this contest.

If any of you live near Prineville or the Bend area, come by and check us out!
There are 60 strongmen/strongwomen competitors!!!

https://nwlinux.com/?p=3102

Thanks,
HIGA MONSTER

HIGA MONSTER
04-20-15, 12:30 am
Here are some cool pictures that the local newspaper took of the contest yesterday.

http://www.bendbulletin.com/localstate/3081389-151/strongmen-carry-the-day-in-prineville?referrer=fpblob#

We had 61 competitors! Including 2 ladies who came from Romania, to make it Internationally flavored!
This was the biggest contest so far in the Pacific Northwest!

It was a long journey (6 hours drive) but Sarge and I knocked it out and was able to help the promoters put on a good show!
HIGA MONSTER

HIGA MONSTER
05-01-15, 12:59 pm
On my way to Spokane.

We compete at 7pm PST on Saturday May 2nd.

Competitors are:
Brad Gillingham
HIGA MONSTER
Ben Rice
Vasil Gushterov
Lane Bos

Keep you posted,
HIGA

P Diesel
05-01-15, 2:01 pm
On my way to Spokane.

We compete at 7pm PST on Saturday May 2nd.

Competitors are:
Brad Gillingham
HIGA MONSTER
Ben Rice
Vasil Gushterov
Lane Bos

Keep you posted,
HIGA

good luck my brother

P

HIGA MONSTER
05-04-15, 1:10 am
I got 3rd overall and $400

Will do a write up but unfortunately I got screwed on my 2nd attempt with a misload.
I opened with 694 lbs, and called for 727 lbs on my 2nd attempt.

Was focused backstage and came out to the bar, and was stunned at how hard it was to pull it and couldn't get it.
Then the Loaders said, "SHIT, I loaded 777 lbs...not 727 lbs"

So that fucked me up and I had to pull 727 lbs maybe 4 minutes afterwards.
But making almost an unknown jump of less than 100 lbs, taxed my back.

It was really upsetting, but life goes on.

Brad Gillingham won with 783 lbs $1,000
Vasyl 2nd with 751 lbs $600
HIGA with 694 lbs $400
Ben Rice with 655 lbs $300

We won't get our paychecks until the Drug Test results are cleared. Will take 2 weeks.
Ben Rice and I were the only guys that pulled Raw with a singlet & belt. Rice actually struggled with pulling on a stiff Eleiko bar.

The promoters of the show, and USAPL president Larry Maile were very apologetic of the misload.
As shitty as it was, it happened. I was honored to be on that stage in front of that huge crowd, and they actually were standing up rallying behind me when the MC announced that my bar was misloaded. They couldn't believe it either.

Here is my opener...will have the other attempts uploaded later.
https://instagram.com/p/2NHJ1BhLtP/?taken-by=higamonster

Thanks all,
HIGA MONSTER

smoothballer
05-04-15, 8:54 am
Damn that sucks Higa.

HIGA MONSTER
05-04-15, 9:52 am
Damn that sucks Higa.
Life goes on...but on to the next contest this Friday.

HIGA MONSTER
05-04-15, 9:55 am
May 8, 2015
6pm PST start

Press Medley
Car Deadlift for reps
Carry & Drag medley
Keg Load

Always a blast to compete during the Logging Show of the Irrigation Festival!

Aloha,
HIGA MONSTER

K.W
05-04-15, 5:07 pm
I loved that 694lbs deadlift and then you point at someone and it looks like your saying "im coming for you bud" lol. I've never competed in powerlifting before and don't know anyone who has. Should I just enter one and try it out or is it better to watch some first. P.S. im still interested in that Seattle ABC. Good luck on your up coming meet.

HIGA MONSTER
05-05-15, 1:40 am
I loved that 694lbs deadlift and then you point at someone and it looks like your saying "im coming for you bud" lol. I've never competed in powerlifting before and don't know anyone who has. Should I just enter one and try it out or is it better to watch some first. P.S. im still interested in that Seattle ABC. Good luck on your up coming meet.
The guy I was pointing to in the audience was Roger Baker.
He is the owner of RABFitness here in Kennewick, WA and is the USPA State Chairman for Washington. He was cheering me on in the crowd.

I encourage you to try a local meet.
There are a few USAPL and USPA meets coming up soon here in the Seattle area. I would check their websites for any updates.

HIGA MONSTER

HIGA MONSTER
07-01-15, 6:03 pm
I will be there Refereeing.

Come by and participate if you live in Washington or Oregon!
https://www.facebook.com/events/1609782109260175/

HIGA MONSTER

HIGA MONSTER
07-22-15, 7:40 pm
Any cool gyms I should go check out? Hit me up...

Planning to lift at Super Training for sure.
I will be in Sacramento from this Friday 7/24 till August 2nd.

Aloha,
HIGA MONSTER

HIGA MONSTER
07-23-15, 10:38 am
Peep my latest article that I wrote...hopefully, this will inspire some of you when you travel.

http://www.animalpak.com/html/article_details.cfm?section=training&id=718

Aloha,
HIGA MONSTER

P Diesel
07-24-15, 11:08 am
Peep my latest article that I wrote...hopefully, this will inspire some of you when you travel.

http://www.animalpak.com/html/article_details.cfm?section=training&id=718

Aloha,
HIGA MONSTER

i like it. but HIGA the bodybuilder? hmmmm

P

HIGA MONSTER
07-25-15, 11:51 am
i like it. but HIGA the bodybuilder? hmmmm

P
It's one day outta the week, bro. lol

HIGA

HIGA MONSTER
07-25-15, 11:52 am
Lost him 8 years ago today.

https://instagram.com/p/5kGTNwBLoE/?taken-by=higamonster

HIGA MONSTER
07-31-15, 1:33 pm
Hope this helps some of you braddahs & sistahs.
Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urisNxKCNac

HIGA MONSTER
08-03-15, 5:34 pm
I will be there this Saturday to help referee this contest. This is a qualifier for NAS Nationals.
Come by and check it out if your near the area!

https://www.facebook.com/events/1609782109260175/

HIGA MONSTER

HIGA MONSTER
08-10-15, 7:49 pm
Here is Dani, who KILLED the Atlas Stone load event.
This was a 170 lbs stone, and the bar is set at 54" tall.

https://instagram.com/p/6IsN5WBLpi/?taken-by=higamonster

SHUT UP AND TRAIN...

HIGA MONSTER
09-01-15, 12:50 am
Check out Stacia Mahoe.
She is only 18 years old and weighed in a 96.5 lbs

FUCKIN SLAYED IT ALL DAY!!!

This Deadlift set the new All-time world record for the Total in the 97 lbs weight class:
https://instagram.com/p/7Bsv7PBLjF/?taken-by=higamonster

Only been powerlifting for 1.5 years too.
Incredible...

HIGA MONSTER

HIGA MONSTER
09-01-15, 12:57 am
Check out the Podcast...big thanks to Jeff Pearson and Innerbeast CrossFit who came up to our gym to film this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5O3TIp3XrQ

Theonidus
09-02-15, 2:03 pm
The more I get into strongman training the more I want to find a way out to your facility to train.
I'll see if I can hide in Nix0r's luggage.

HIGA MONSTER
09-02-15, 10:52 pm
The more I get into strongman training the more I want to find a way out to your facility to train.
I'll see if I can hide in Nix0r's luggage.
haha!

Yes, you are welcome anytime your in the Seattle area!

HIGA MONSTER

HIGA MONSTER
09-16-15, 6:48 am
See you guys there at the Expo or the ABC Friday night.

Come check me out at "America's Strongest Woman" and "Master's National Strongman Championship" on both Friday & Saturday.
I will be the MC

https://strongmancorporation.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/master-2015.pdf

Aloha,
HIGA MONSTER

HIGA MONSTER
10-16-15, 11:26 am
Paid my entry fee last night.
Get to spend my birthday in Reno, NV competing in the "USAPL West Coast Regional Championships"

http://www.usapowerlifting.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/2015-USAPL-West-Coast-Regional-Championships-NV-2015-03.pdf

Looking forward to competing.
Will be in the SHW Open & Masters 40-49 divisions.
Raw

HIGA MONSTER

C.Coronato
10-21-15, 11:01 am
Still killing the game!!!

HIGA MONSTER
10-23-15, 9:18 pm
Still killing the game!!!
It is so good to see you here on the FORVM regularly.

Can't wait to hook up soon my braddah!

HIGA MONSTER
10-25-15, 9:06 pm
Fortunate to win with 18 reps. ($500)
Ben Seath had 17 reps ($350)
3rd place had 14 reps ($250)
4th place had 12 reps ($150)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0verB2KGpM

DJBraddy
11-02-15, 2:34 pm
Sup HIGAMONSTER,

do you have any recommendations on fixing the dreaded good morning squat. i just noticed today that when im dropping into my squat my bar path shifts forward from centered on my foot to my toes which i believe leads to my hips shooting up and thus causing a good morning squat....any help would be greatly appreciated.
I started strengthening my quads as i thought this may be the problem but im not too sure.

thanks for any response,
dylan

HIGA MONSTER
11-08-15, 10:09 am
Sup HIGAMONSTER,

do you have any recommendations on fixing the dreaded good morning squat. i just noticed today that when im dropping into my squat my bar path shifts forward from centered on my foot to my toes which i believe leads to my hips shooting up and thus causing a good morning squat....any help would be greatly appreciated.
I started strengthening my quads as i thought this may be the problem but im not too sure.

thanks for any response,
dylan
So sorry the late reply on this.

How strong is your CORE?
I wonder if your CORE isn't firing while descending in the hole and that it's making you lose your posture?

Do you have a video that you can show me of you doing a squat?

Thanks,
HIGA MONSTER

DJBraddy
11-08-15, 1:45 pm
So sorry the late reply on this.

How strong is your CORE?
I wonder if your CORE isn't firing while descending in the hole and that it's making you lose your posture?

Do you have a video that you can show me of you doing a squat?

Thanks,
HIGA MONSTER

No worries brother! I know how busy life can be. I am just appreciative that you're willing to help. I have a lot on my instagram if that would work for you? I always film from the side to make sure my depth is decent. Would another angle be more helpful for perceiving if my core is activating properly?

-Dylan

HIGA MONSTER
11-09-15, 12:50 am
No worries brother! I know how busy life can be. I am just appreciative that you're willing to help. I have a lot on my instagram if that would work for you? I always film from the side to make sure my depth is decent. Would another angle be more helpful for perceiving if my core is activating properly?

-Dylan
What is your Instagram bro?
Will check it out...

Aloha,
HIGA MONSTER

HIGA MONSTER
11-09-15, 11:21 am

-Dylan
Saw your Instagram videos and checked out most your squat posts.

Seems to me like you drop your chest on the descent.
You need to keep your sternum up more on the descent.

Try to also incorporate more CORE engaging exercises like Planks to help solidify your posture.
And also use no belt on your lighter weights so that you get those CORE muscles more engaged.

Keep me posted. Where are you stationed at? Looks like your at a Military Base gym.
HIGA MONSTER

HIGA MONSTER
11-15-15, 7:12 pm
Thanks to Nic Younis for inviting me to come do this demo at the "NPC Northwest Bodybuilding Championships" last night!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAOx8QzjGpM

RedlegDbell
11-29-15, 5:14 pm
Hey Higa, I'm interested in getting a few sandbags to use for some heavy conditioning. Is there a particular manufacturer/brand you recommend for quality or versatility? Thanks!

HIGA MONSTER
11-30-15, 11:45 pm
Hey Higa, I'm interested in getting a few sandbags to use for some heavy conditioning. Is there a particular manufacturer/brand you recommend for quality or versatility? Thanks!
Hey bro,
I have used the IronMind sandbags and those buggers are tough as nails...hence the name they sell them as.

Check them out on their website, and they also sell them on Amazon.com so there might be some Cyber Monday specials going on too!

HIGA MONSTER

Kowboy
12-01-15, 8:35 am
Hey bro,
I have used the IronMind sandbags and those buggers are tough as nails...hence the name they sell them as.

Check them out on their website, and they also sell them on Amazon.com so there might be some Cyber Monday specials going on too!

HIGA MONSTER

Check out Rogue as well, they sell them I believe.

HIGA MONSTER
12-07-15, 6:00 pm
Check out Rogue as well, they sell them I believe.
Thanks for the lookout bro.

Hope all is well!

HIGA MONSTER
04-05-16, 12:45 am
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMYkYSyTCkg

HIGA MONSTER
06-12-16, 11:03 am
Another successful year in the books for my annual contest.
35 competitors laid it on the line yesterday and poured their hearts out in 5 grueling events.

Thank you Corporate for donating trial size tubs of Animal Whey for the Top 2 finishers in each weight class!
My athletes were very happy with those prizes.

Posted a few videos and pictures on my Instagram.
Next year will be bigger and better...it will be the 10th year I put on this show!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BGiJvJdBLj-/?taken-by=higamonster&hl=en

https://www.instagram.com/p/BGiV4PRhLux/?taken-by=higamonster&hl=en

https://www.instagram.com/p/BGip6HJhLt3/?taken-by=higamonster&hl=en

ALoha,
HIGA MONSTER

P Diesel
06-13-16, 10:54 am
ill make it out for The Apple 10 ... itll be bigger than ever. congrats on another awesome event brother

P

HIGA MONSTER
06-15-16, 9:14 am
ill make it out for The Apple 10 ... itll be bigger than ever. congrats on another awesome event brother

P
Appreciate it brother.

You know how awesome this venue is, since you were here last year for it.
So knowing that you will come out makes it more exciting for the 10th edition!

HIGA MONSTER

HIGA MONSTER
07-02-16, 11:25 am
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FCO4NxGMiE

HIGA MONSTER
09-30-16, 1:15 am
Flying to St Louis tomorrow, looking for a gym to Squat and Deadlift at on Saturday night.

Anyone know of a good gym?
Staying near the Hollywood Casino west of St Louis.

Thanks,
HIGA MONSTER

HIGA MONSTER
10-03-16, 10:06 am
Had the pleasure to MC this prestigious event, and Shaw dominated by winning all 5 events.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5pXiR5D8Yc

Altered Beast
10-03-16, 10:52 am
I truly enjoy watching Big Shaw compete! Hope he wins a 5th WSM to set a new standard!

HIGA MONSTER
10-04-16, 9:04 am
I truly enjoy watching Big Shaw compete! Hope he wins a 5th WSM to set a new standard!
For sure, that would tie him with Mariusz.

He said he wants to beat that tie and hopefully win 6 WSM.

Altered Beast
10-04-16, 10:23 am
For sure, that would tie him with Mariusz.

He said he wants to beat that tie and hopefully win 6 WSM.

That's right! I forgot Mariusz had 5 not 4.

HIGA MONSTER
10-13-16, 2:22 am
5 platforms of lifting to choose from. Starts on Thursday and runs all weekend.

Click on the link and you can choose what session you wanna watch Live, including Primetime Session.
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/usa-powerlifting.html

I lift on Sunday at 2:30pm EST during the Primetime Sunday session of 125+ kgs class.

GAME ON...

HIGA MONSTER
10-23-16, 5:54 pm
I placed 2nd overall, was credited with 15 reps even though I did 16 but the USAPL judge said one rep was too high.
Oh well, good fun and the crowd went nuts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7v0CcqALR8

Aloha,
HIGA MONSTER

npcdusty
11-03-16, 2:53 pm
Awesome job Higa.... True strength right there brotha.

HIGA MONSTER
11-05-16, 9:29 pm
Awesome job Higa.... True strength right there brotha.
Thanks alot brah, appreciate it.

HIGA MONSTER

Kowboy
11-08-16, 2:34 pm
Things are looking badass in here man, I still want to be like you when I grow up. Impressive as always man.

HIGA MONSTER
11-09-16, 8:18 pm
Things are looking badass in here man, I still want to be like you when I grow up. Impressive as always man.
Appreciate it, braddah.

Keep killing it too in the gym...don't let anyone stand in your way.

HIGA

Kowboy
11-09-16, 9:27 pm
Appreciate it, braddah.

Keep killing it too in the gym...don't let anyone stand in your way.

HIGA

Hey man I am just trying to push myself and get to your level. I probably wont make it to the Arnold this year man :( I may have to have you guys send me some stuff. It is heartbreaking but I have my family and we are saving up to take my time and go out.

PS: Unless you can talk Animal in to sponsoring me hahahahahahaha

HIGA MONSTER
12-12-16, 1:29 am
It's been 2 years since I've competed in this contest, so it was nice to compete only 40 mins away from home.

The contest was at the YMCA connected to the University of Washington-Tacoma campus. HOLY SHIT, this 3 story gym was awesome. They even had squat racks with pre-loaded chain collars and adjustable Rack/Block pulls that you can set on the squat rack.

130 total lifters and 2 platforms.

SQUATS:
I decided to open with 622 lbs, nice and easy. It was a bit tricky to time the warm-ups on the 1st floor, cause the contest was up on the 3rd floor.
They had staff with walkie-talkies to keep us informed as possible.
So I felt like I was waiting a bit too long from my last warm-up to that 622 lbs opener. Seemed a bit shaky walking out with the weight but I think it was cause my CNS had cooled down a bit.
2nd attempt was 655.9 lbs
3rd attempt was 683.4 lbs (stalled a bit on the way up, but that's usual for me) 3 for 3 in the squats.

BENCH PRESS:
Opened with 407 lbs pretty easy.
2nd attempt was 429 lbs, so I felt pretty confident to take a crack at my State Record and called for 451 lbs.

I noticed that the Head Judge was calling some really long pauses on the 3rd attempts of all the lifters in my Flight. But didn't worry about it cause my 2nd attempt Bench was a normal "press"signal IMO.
Got under the bar and got the handoff from the spotter...brought it down to my chest and waited for the "press" signal but it seemed like forever. Tried my best to get it up, but it drifted towards my head and I lost it. SOB
It was disappointing but I couldn't dwell on it...had to move on and get ready for Deadlifts. But alot of lifters were not pleased with the Head Referee on our platform.

DEADLIFTS:
Opened with 622 lbs, super easy.
I was keeping an eye on this guy in the Open Class with me, cause I was competing in Master's 40-49 and Open Men. He opened with a HUGE 760 lbs deadlift.

2nd attempt was 677.9 lbs, and it went up pretty easy for me.
Other guy called for 799 lbs, so I watched and he stalled below the knees and fought it for almost 5 seconds. Right then, I knew his back was toast cause he said it started to cramp in Bench Press.

So I asked my friend Todd Christensen (owner of Seattle Strength & Power) how much would I need to win the Open division? Cause I called for 722 lbs.
Todd checked the scoreboard and he said that if I pull that 722 lbs, I would beat the other guy via Wilks Formula cause he was lighter than me. But he felt that he wouldn't pull his 3rd attempt.
So I put my head down and knew what I had to do...approached the bar and Ibn Mahama was spotting/loading and he told me, "Do it for Hawai'i, Higa..."
Grabbed the bar and stood up with it. 3 white lights.
Now I put the pressure on the other guy cause he had to try and pull 804 lbs. He got up to the bar, but it didn't even budge.
That sealed the deal for me, I won BOTH the Open Men and Master's 40-49 divisions!

I am very happy with my 8 for 9 performance, and also was able to increase my Total by 11 lbs. This was 11 lbs more than what I did at Raw Nationals.
Still pissed that i didn't get my 3rd Bench Press, but I can't dwell on that. Maybe I should have held the bar tighter to my chest instead? Who knows....

Very blessed to with both Open & Master's divisions. And I also won the "Best Lifter for Open Men" and got this cool WU-Tang sword for it!
https://www.instagram.com/p/BN3UQ2AhYhS/?taken-by=higamonster&hl=en

Thank you Corporate for your support of me as an Animal Pak athlete!
Can't wait to get back to the gym and improve for 2017

Aloha,
HIGA MONSTER

Video...my apologies for the deadlift attempts. Lady that filmed my attempts flipped my phone while filming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CL4kvZfC0t0

Altered Beast
12-12-16, 11:05 am
Fantastic meet, Higa! You'll get that Bench record.

Kowboy
12-12-16, 1:34 pm
Such a badass Higa. Great job man.

HIGA MONSTER
12-13-16, 1:18 am
Fantastic meet, Higa! You'll get that Bench record.

Such a badass Higa. Great job man.
Thanks alot guys, back to the gym today.
Always have room to improve!

HIGA

HIGA MONSTER
12-19-16, 10:16 am
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-2Y8SI7-I4

Kowboy
12-28-16, 10:39 am
Thanks alot guys, back to the gym today.
Always have room to improve!

HIGA

I hear ya brother, about to transform myself and get healthy.

HIGA MONSTER
12-31-16, 12:40 pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mw2K2BdIm8k

MRmichael.hooker
12-31-16, 4:44 pm
You're so hot

HIGA MONSTER
01-01-17, 8:56 pm
You're so hot
Lol

#NoHomo

Happy New Year bro!

MRmichael.hooker
01-02-17, 8:37 am
Lol

#NoHomo

Happy New Year bro!

Lol you too man

HIGA MONSTER
01-08-17, 1:59 am
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSgCp9O-rrs

HIGA MONSTER
01-11-17, 8:20 pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGCHKkAYmXI

HIGA MONSTER
01-22-17, 1:40 am
I drove up to Everett, WA today to watch the "USAPL Rookies contest" and saw my friend's daughter pull this massive weight for a new Y3 Washington state record in the 57 kgs class.
This contest was open only to lifters who have never participated in a USAPL contest ever before...

[video]https://www.youtube.com/my_videos?o=U[/videos]

HIGA MONSTER
01-22-17, 1:44 am
Sorry, here's the video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLBW5lQZI34

HIGA MONSTER
02-13-17, 12:17 am
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64A9kvbE_Jo

HIGA MONSTER
03-06-17, 11:04 am
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CE0xYU6uF4

HIGA MONSTER
04-03-17, 10:06 am
Won the Open Men 125+ and Master's 1b 46-50 divisions.
Barely won the "Best Male Lifter" award too.

Not a great showing. I went 5 for 9 attempts.
Should have stayed the night before down in Oregon instead of driving 3 hours in the early AM to get to the contest.

My speed out of the hole in the squat still bothers me and my Bench Press sucked ass as usual.
Didn't have a good prep for this as I would like cause tendinitis bugged the hell outta my bench, and work has been extremely busy.

Deadlift felt really good, so I took a crack at beating my State record of 722 lbs deadlift by trying 727 lbs on my 3rd attempt but I was so tired it wasn't a good pull off the floor.

We're gonna figure out a better plan of attack for Belarus.
I need to also eat better during the day. I weighed in at 293 lbs which is the lightest I've been in 8 years but I got there at 11am and left at 8:30pm so I need to eat more on Contest day to keep my fuel up.

I'm very hard on myself but seeing this happen has also reality checked me to turn it up in training for the IPF Raw Classic Worlds in Minsk, Belarus on June 17th.
Perhaps I needed that to remind myself that shit doesn't happen so easily...you have to work for it.

Big thanks to Animal Pak for always being in my corner, and for the prep of this contest.
Back in the gym this Wednesday to get better.

Full recap video here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7J6xAdHNLM

npcdusty
04-03-17, 11:29 am
Good job Grant! A nice way to test the waters and move forward. You will crush this at IPF Raw!!! Keep up the hard work Brotha!!!!

Won the Open Men 125+ and Master's 1b 46-50 divisions.
Barely won the "Best Male Lifter" award too.

Not a great showing. I went 5 for 9 attempts.
Should have stayed the night before down in Oregon instead of driving 3 hours in the early AM to get to the contest.

My speed out of the hole in the squat still bothers me and my Bench Press sucked ass as usual.
Didn't have a good prep for this as I would like cause tendinitis bugged the hell outta my bench, and work has been extremely busy.

Deadlift felt really good, so I took a crack at beating my State record of 722 lbs deadlift by trying 727 lbs on my 3rd attempt but I was so tired it wasn't a good pull off the floor.

We're gonna figure out a better plan of attack for Belarus.
I need to also eat better during the day. I weighed in at 293 lbs which is the lightest I've been in 8 years but I got there at 11am and left at 8:30pm so I need to eat more on Contest day to keep my fuel up.

I'm very hard on myself but seeing this happen has also reality checked me to turn it up in training for the IPF Raw Classic Worlds in Minsk, Belarus on June 17th.
Perhaps I needed that to remind myself that shit doesn't happen so easily...you have to work for it.

Big thanks to Animal Pak for always being in my corner, and for the prep of this contest.
Back in the gym this Wednesday to get better.

Full recap video here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7J6xAdHNLM

Altered Beast
04-03-17, 11:30 am
Lots of Hyaluronic Acid my man! Will keep those tendons lubricated and pain free.

HIGA MONSTER
04-05-17, 1:36 am
Lots of Hyaluronic Acid my man! Will keep those tendons lubricated and pain free.
Thanks man, will check it out.

HIGA

HIGA MONSTER
04-13-17, 11:42 am
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdnPFXETgA8

HIGA MONSTER
04-20-17, 10:27 am
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OORervkt-ho

HIGA MONSTER
04-30-17, 10:44 pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yC216jv5J8

HIGA MONSTER
04-30-17, 10:47 pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cB1daL978o

HIGA MONSTER
06-27-17, 3:02 am
Anyone know any badass gyms I can lift at?

Staying in Boulder, CO from tomorrow till 7/2
Hit me up if you do.

Thanks,
HIGA

HIGA MONSTER
07-25-17, 9:25 am
Miss you my braddah, still a trip to think it's been 10 years.
RIP Jesse Dawson Marunde 7/25/2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n87lMM6aF10

HIGA MONSTER
08-06-17, 9:12 pm
I got to try the 50 lbs breacher bag for the first time while visiting in Cali.
Frickin great product and actually got a 60 lbs bag being sent to me...can't wait to add it to my training!

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=XgBQ5ehkzM0

HIGA MONSTER
09-21-17, 12:43 am
This was pretty cool to watch live at the Olympia Expo. I was the MC for "America's Strongest Man 105 kg" and "Strongest Woman in the World"
Sean was the defending 105 kg champion and all he needed to beat was 4 reps in this event. Weighing 231 lbs...FYI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33j6CLaLGFo

Aloha,
HIGA MONSTER

HIGA MONSTER
10-14-17, 4:54 pm
Fuckin INCREDIBLE!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMebhfNvQcY

HIGA MONSTER
10-30-17, 12:06 pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6vrKB7HNSc

MR.TeachFreak
11-02-17, 2:27 pm
Do you have any experience with shouldering and pressing heavy atlas stones? I am looking at a event that has a 285 atlas stone listed for pressing. You get points for loading, shouldering, and pressing it desperately for each rep. I have found videos on shouldering (most training) but nothing about pressing. I am also looking for ways to work on it besides using a stone. I was thinking using the narrowest grip on a multi-grip bar would help to simulate it besides normal shoulder work.

HIGA MONSTER
11-07-17, 11:16 am
Do you have any experience with shouldering and pressing heavy atlas stones? I am looking at a event that has a 285 atlas stone listed for pressing. You get points for loading, shouldering, and pressing it desperately for each rep. I have found videos on shouldering (most training) but nothing about pressing. I am also looking for ways to work on it besides using a stone. I was thinking using the narrowest grip on a multi-grip bar would help to simulate it besides normal shoulder work.
Pressing is tough.

I think you really need to get your hands on training with an actual stone. The multi grip bar is nothing like getting under a stone.
Find a gym or someone near you that has a stone to train with.

I assume pressing the Stone has the most points?
So if you can get 1 or 2 presses easily, then you can just shoulder away for less points.

You can't simulate Pressing a stone unless you use an actual stone, bro.
Keep me posted!

HIGA

MR.TeachFreak
11-07-17, 12:36 pm
Pressing is tough.

I think you really need to get your hands on training with an actual stone. The multi grip bar is nothing like getting under a stone.
Find a gym or someone near you that has a stone to train with.

I assume pressing the Stone has the most points?
So if you can get 1 or 2 presses easily, then you can just shoulder away for less points.

You can't simulate Pressing a stone unless you use an actual stone, bro.
Keep me posted!

HIGA

Thank you. I am picking up a 200, 250, and 275 stone this weekend to start working on shouldering and pressing. Right now pressing is 20 points, shouldering is 5, and loading is 1 (no definition as what they consider loading). I would assume one press then shouldering is probably going to the strategy.

I was looking for anything you think might work outside of event days. Maybe just working the light stone after normal ohp is the way to go. My thought with the multi bar was it could at least let me mimic the narrow hand placement during normal training days.

HIGA MONSTER
11-09-17, 1:51 am
Thank you. I am picking up a 200, 250, and 275 stone this weekend to start working on shouldering and pressing. Right now pressing is 20 points, shouldering is 5, and loading is 1 (no definition as what they consider loading). I would assume one press then shouldering is probably going to the strategy.

I was looking for anything you think might work outside of event days. Maybe just working the light stone after normal ohp is the way to go. My thought with the multi bar was it could at least let me mimic the narrow hand placement during normal training days.
The Multi-bar is nothing compared to the round bottom of the Stone IMO

Sure you can use that but I think your better off getting familiar with cleaning and pressing a light stone first.
Then you can use the Multi bar or even Dumbbells. I think the dumbbell will probably be more similar IMO. Take a heavy DB and get your hand under the ends and practice "safely" pressing it overhead with a pause at the top.

Shouldering and Pressing has got to be your Focus.
Cause it doesn't seem worth it IMO to load a stone 5 times for 5 points, when you can shoulder it once for 5 points in less than 3 seconds.

Have you seen the Animal Pak CAGE video that I did this year when I cleaned and pressed the Slater Stone?
Use that for reference too bro.

Good luck!
HIGA MONSTER

MR.TeachFreak
11-09-17, 8:10 am
Thanks, I will look that video up.

HIGA MONSTER
11-28-17, 11:48 pm
I am extremely excited to be a part of this Fundraiser next weekend down in Oregon.

There are some HAMMAHS from the Powerlifting/Strongman world that will be there too.

Steve Goggins (Head Judge)
Brandon Lilly
Stefi Cohen
"THE FORSAKEN WARRIOR" Steven Johnson
Richard Hawthorne
Chris Duffin of Kabuki Strength Systems
Molly Mullikin
Joe Sullivan
Gina Half-wolf
Chris Bridgeford
Tony Montgomery
Ryan Stills
Patrick Castelli

I will be going Head to Head vs Richard Hawthorne in a "500 lbs for rep" battle.
Richard will be suited up & use a belt, HIGA MONSTER will pull this weight beltless.

The Doernbecher Children's Hospital Foundation is a 501(c)(3) organization that exists to secure private philanthropic support for Doernbecher Children’s Hospital, Oregon’s premier pediatric health center. The foundation raises funds from individuals, companies, foundations and organizations, and invests and manages gifts in accordance with donors’ wishes.

Doernbecher Children's Hospital provides the region’s widest range of children’s health care services and serves as the primary center for OHSU pediatric programs. As part of Oregon Health & Science University, Oregon’s only academic health center, Doernbecher offers patients exceptional primary care and access to the region’s most advanced treatments. In addition Doernbecher is Oregon’s primary teaching hospital. Its staff educates tomorrow’s pediatric specialists.

If any of you would like to donate to this great cause, please check out my Fundraising page down below. All donations are Tax-deductible!
https://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/grant-higa/2017-deadlifts-for-doernbecher

Much mahalos for supporting me with this great cause!
HIGA MONSTER

HIGA MONSTER
12-26-17, 11:26 pm
Did these in Hood River, Oregon this morning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZ0W1PivtJk

Pretty confident that I can do a single with 600 lbs this way.
We will see...

HIGA MONSTER

Altered Beast
12-28-17, 4:21 pm
600 will be cake!

HIGA MONSTER
12-30-17, 12:04 am
600 will be cake!
Gonna try it next week bro!

HIGA MONSTER
01-02-18, 12:14 am
New Year's Day workout 2018
I probably could have done 5 reps but the plan was to hit 3 reps, no belt.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bda9id6jKSR/?hl=en&taken-by=higamonster

Happy New Year!
HIGA MONSTER

HIGA MONSTER
02-17-18, 7:18 am
If anyone lives in the LA area, I will be training at Brigade from 10am-12pm this coming Monday 2/18

FYI

Have a great weekend!
HIGA

HIGA MONSTER
03-02-18, 9:00 pm
Insane lifting today in The Cage!
Can't wait to see what goes down tomorrow...PRIME TIME.

Got a few videos posted on my Journey thread
FYI

See you tomorrow Ohio!
HIGA MONSTER

HIGA MONSTER
03-26-18, 1:13 am
Did this after my 3 hour Strongman seminar.
Tough as hell cause I was tired AF after teaching a Strongman seminar for 3 hours.

I personally pledged $2 per rep that I could pull with $500
Robin is a local USAPL lifter in Spokane, pledged $1 per rep and she pulled 45 reps with 250 lbs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVRYmD2YcSw

Iceiktitan
03-27-18, 12:27 am
Did this after my 3 hour Strongman seminar.
Tough as hell cause I was tired AF after teaching a Strongman seminar for 3 hours.

I personally pledged $2 per rep that I could pull with $500
Robin is a local USAPL lifter in Spokane, pledged $1 per rep and she pulled 45 reps with 250 lbs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVRYmD2YcSw

Beyond human? Aka Monster

HIGA MONSTER
03-28-18, 5:55 pm
Beyond human? Aka Monster
Hahaha. No bro, just had to push through after meeting that little girl who had only 1 leg.
No excuses when I got 2 healthy legs of my own.

Thanks,
HIGA

npcdusty
03-29-18, 9:36 am
Awesome job Higa!!!

HIGA MONSTER
04-10-18, 11:13 am
Awesome job Higa!!!
Thanks bro, have an awesome day!

HIGA

HIGA MONSTER
04-10-18, 11:14 am
Did this on Sunday before my flight back to Seattle.
This is a new PR for me.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BhVZmXTjekA/?hl=en&taken-by=higamonster

Aloha,
HIGA MONSTER

Altered Beast
04-11-18, 10:06 am
Did this on Sunday before my flight back to Seattle.
This is a new PR for me.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BhVZmXTjekA/?hl=en&taken-by=higamonster

Aloha,
HIGA MONSTER

7 Plates on each side, paused, super deep and with no belt. My man, I think you're going to be the Masters class #1 lifter on the planet very soon!!!! Crazy impressive.

HIGA MONSTER
04-11-18, 7:54 pm
7 Plates on each side, paused, super deep and with no belt. My man, I think you're going to be the Masters class #1 lifter on the planet very soon!!!! Crazy impressive.
Thank you bro, would love to get that 700 lbs this way by Summer.

Aloha,
HIGA MONSTER

Altered Beast
04-12-18, 11:10 am
Thank you bro, would love to get that 700 lbs this way by Summer.

Aloha,
HIGA MONSTER

It's there! How bad do you want it is the question then =)

domi_01997
04-13-18, 5:48 pm
Roman, du nimmst ja täglich Apfelessig und Pfeffer zu dir.
Ich gehe davon aus, das fördert die Verdauung und durch das Piperin im Pfeffer werden die Nährstoffe besser aufgenommen ja?
Zimt soll ja auch sehr gute Einflüsse auf den Blutzuckerspiegel haben.
Auf welche Gewürze bzw. Lebensmittel schwörst du noch, und warum? Ingwer ist ja auch toll. Kannst du dazu noch was erzählen?

domi_01997
04-14-18, 4:41 am
Roman, du nimmst ja täglich Apfelessig und Pfeffer zu dir.
Ich gehe davon aus, das fördert die Verdauung und durch das Piperin im Pfeffer werden die Nährstoffe besser aufgenommen ja?
Zimt soll ja auch sehr gute Einflüsse auf den Blutzuckerspiegel haben.
Auf welche Gewürze bzw. Lebensmittel schwörst du noch, und warum? Ingwer ist ja auch toll. Kannst du dazu noch was erzählen?
Oops sorry, I wanted to post that in Roman's Thread.