PDA

View Full Version : Ketoer's and everyone else! Bland Boring Dry Chicken?

DrewskiPHX
06-24-09, 11:00 am
I know when I started doing keto, I just bought some chicken breat, threw it on the pan and cooked it.

When I tried to eat it, it sucked, dry, cold, thick... Just really unpleasant.

So I came up with a recipe for all you ketoers out there that makes some really juicy, slightly sweet, slightly salty chicken. It's perfect. I cooked it last night and sent the recipe to all my family, so I'm Just gonna copy and paste was I wrote down, sorry about all the personal comments attached to it. Hope you Enjoy!

I just cooked the absolute best chicken in my entire life. It was slightly sweet and salty but so incredibly moist. I loved it so much, I've added everyone that was on my list to this email. and I am going to give you ther recipe. Laurine and Joe and Mike and Alyssa, maybe ill bring some extra in tomorrow for you to try.

Step 1. Go to the store and buy some chicken thighs( chicken thighs are much fattier that breast, meaning more juice left over. as a rule of thumb, anything lean or have not much fat at all, will most likely be dry. Chicken thighs are better than breasts... Just try it!) kosher salt and granulated sugar

Step 2. add 1/4 cup of sugar to 1/4 cup salt and add enough water in a bowl to cover the chicken. stir the mixture until all the stuff is dissolved, im talking like sticking your hand in the bowl and making sure there is still no sugar or salt in the water.

Step 3. put in refridgerator for 15 mins to cool down.

Step 4. Add chicken into bowl and put in fridge for 2 hours (this is the brining part I have been talking about for the past week)

Step 5. Heat pan or grill pan on stovetop -medium high heat

Step 6. Dump water from bowl and take chicken and pat dry it

Step 7. put chicken in pan for 3 minutes, after three minutes is up, flip chicken over for another three minutes ( the chicken should not be cooked all the way at this point, thats ok because you will cook it more in the next step)

Step 8. Pre heat oven to 350 degrees

Step 9. put chicken on cookie sheet lined with tin foil.

Step 10. put cookie sheet in oven for 20 mins

Step 11. take chicken out of oven, and flip, then put back in oven for another 20 minutes

step 12. After 20 minutes, take chicken out of oven and let cool for 5 mins

and vwollah! this is the best chicken in the world. Seriously

IronWilson
06-24-09, 12:09 pm
sounds tasty, but sugar on keto?

krazyassmexican
06-24-09, 12:13 pm
sounds tasty, but sugar on keto?

1/4 is a huge sin

Fury317
06-24-09, 12:14 pm
Brining chicken in a sugar broth will definitely take you out of ketosis. Sounds like a good way to keep a piece of chicken moist, but not a good idea for a ketogenic diet.

AFTazz06
06-24-09, 12:21 pm
First of all, why would ANYBODY just by chicken and cook it bare??! Ever heard of Mrs. Dash? Or Salt? pepper? Dijon Mustard?? All these things are way better then adding sugar to chicken.

DrewskiPHX
06-24-09, 3:51 pm
i did mention salt in my recipe...thats fine, but its not like you put one thing of chicken in the brine, you can put a whole lot.

anyways take the sugar out, will stay just as moist

the thing about recipes is that you can add or take with them.

DrewskiPHX
06-24-09, 4:06 pm
and man i feel really bad that I included the sugar with that because the last thing i want is to screw someone up on keto. but i want to contend that adding 1/4 cup of sugar is 30 carbs. mixing the solution in a pot of 30 chicken thighs would not only add moisture but flavor and would only add 1 carb per chicken. am i correct?

once again sorry about the mistake above

AFTazz06
06-24-09, 6:44 pm
and man i feel really bad that I included the sugar with that because the last thing i want is to screw someone up on keto. but i want to contend that adding 1/4 cup of sugar is 30 carbs. mixing the solution in a pot of 30 chicken thighs would not only add moisture but flavor and would only add 1 carb per chicken. am i correct?

once again sorry about the mistake above

Dont bother couting it in, sugar is what makes people fat, no need to through it in if your dieting.

Pizzalamp
06-24-09, 6:47 pm
i wouldnt be buying fatty chicken-i would try to get lean chicken
when i did keto i loved my chicken meals...lots of seasoning and spicy brown mustard on it is great