PDA

View Full Version : Need help

Tinyvic77
06-24-09, 8:29 pm
hey fellas. i dont know where to begin. life is suckin right now. im over weight and outta shape big time. ive always wanted to be built. im have a naturally big frame. im 6'6 and weigh 304. i have the animal pak and nitro. do i cut down in weight and then build back up or do i just start into the lifting and build on what i got? i have been reading some things about splits and would like to get into a 4 day. as far as a routine and nutrition go i need all the help i can get. any advise is greatly appriciated. i want to have the feeling of self worth....dont know if ive ever had it. hopefully this will work. i do know one thing...im doing it for me. fuck what people say. anyway, ill quit ramblin.

thanks in advance.

Dan

Fury317
06-24-09, 8:44 pm
First and foremost you have to drop the weight and get HEALTHY. You can always put size on when youre at a healthy bodyfat percentage. Make sure youre training hard and eating clean. Read all teh articles and posts on this website/forum. There is an immense amount of knowledge that is discussed here everyday. Take advantage, friend. A four day split would be fine. Legs, Chest/Tris, off, Back/Bis, Shoulders is what I would do- then take the weekends off. Its a good split that I have followed and made great gains with. As far as diet goes stick to lean sources of protein like chicken, fish and eggs, and eat complex slow digesting carbs like oatmeal and brown rice. Make sure you get fat in too, its not the enemy. Things like natural peanut butter, almonds, olive oil and avacado are good sources of omega 3's and 6's and mono/polyunsaturated fats. 5-6 small meals spaced 2-3 hours apart and youll be good to go brother. Good luck and if you need anything you know where to go for help.

BigChrisF
06-27-09, 5:29 pm
Depending on what your ultimate goals are would determine how you want to proceed. Strength, fitness, an aesthetic look will all have different routes to achieve them. What is your bodyfat at now? I don't assume that being over 300 lbs means you have an astronomical bodyfat percentage.

Shamus11B
06-28-09, 4:31 am
Whatever your goals are man, there is one thing that needs to be said and that is goodluck and welcome to the FORVM. There is an immense amount of knowledge here from novices like myself to pros, and every single one of these guys are here to help you out. One thing you need to become very familiar with is the search function on the forum section. This is a great tool taht will answer numerous amounts of your questions, without having to ask them. A couple of basic things taht have helped me with starting out here is starting a journey. When you do this, there is where you can post your goals / diet / workouts and look for more specifc personal advice. Goodluck man and welcome to the Animal Family.

-Shamus-