PDA

View Full Version : Ashley's New Quest... 29 days til' USAs...

Ashley_Brand
06-25-09, 12:37 am
Just coming out of Jr Nationals last weekend I've made the decision to drive forward towards USA's in Vegas. After being exceptionally disappointed with the turn out I refuse to hang out with that placing next to my name for long especially since I feel it was undeserved.

Too muscular? Too lean?
Hi, did you forget what contest you signed up to judge?!
This is figure. Take pride in it and come conditioned and look like a weight banger. That’s what you are here for. Not just to show off your cup size in a flashy bikini. I plan on doing this like the athlete that I am. All or none. Give it your all or go home. This isn’t a half ass sport, yes we water deplete, as we should. And yes I’m going to flex while I’m on stage, I didn’t spend all those mornings on the stair master to hide my hip flexors. This isn’t Hawaiian Tropic and that sure as hell isn’t what I signed up for.

Though the road is long and hard towards things we dream about I’m willing to wait it out, tweak some things, switch up my look a little and explode onto scene.

I’ve got 29 days to find my perfect conditioning and get packed for Vegas… here we go.
Buckle in.

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f1...brand/rx10.jpg
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f1...d/mdfront2.jpg
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f1...nd/mdback2.jpg

Nightshift
06-25-09, 3:00 am
Looks like your motivation is through the roof!! Your competitors inVegas won't know what hit them!!!

IRBS
06-25-09, 8:51 am
Good luck Ashley!

Ashley_Brand
06-25-09, 11:01 am
Pics from Jr's. (hopefully these links work)

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f166/ashleybrand/rx10.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f166/ashleybrand/mdfront2.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f166/ashleybrand/mdback2.jpg

Ashley_Brand
06-25-09, 11:13 am
Just got back from my first morning cardio session since Jr's.
I'm back and at 100% now. After throwing my blood sugar completely out of wack and almost landing myself in the hospital late Tuesday night I am more than happy to be back to normal. <which to the average American would be considered nowhere near normal! lol>

Started my day out with 30 minute intervals on the Stairmaster and then ran with a wide stride on the track for just under one mile, polished it off with six sets of abs. No need to kill myself on the cardio, especially just coming off a contest. Right now I’m just trying to combat the rebound and take off the junk weight I put on over this past week.

Holding 9.5 pounds from last weekend, but not worried. Should fall back off relatively seamlessly with consistency.

Ordered the suit yesterday, found the hotel room with a friend, checked prices on flights... just gotta pray that fund come together for that plane ticket and I'll be well on my way.

ee you tonight to log my workout... enjoy the scorching weather! iccck.

Ashley_Brand
06-25-09, 9:31 pm
man o man, did legs today and they are already screaming.

Started my workout with close stance deep squats
90 lbs on smith for 4 sets of 12
I hadn’t done these in awhile but today they felt awesome. I just kept imagining that quad sweep and hamstring curve getting bigger :) everything felt so visual today after just seeing myself on stage last weekend.

Side Barbell Lunge
60x20 3 sets

Walking Barbell Lunge
50x40 2 sets

Leg Extension
70 for 3 quick sets of 10 my quads felt so pumped by the time I got to these 70 felt like 130!

Seated Hamstring Curls
80x15 3 sets... yooza. I love the feeling of stimulating the heck out of my hamstrings. Im just itching for that awesome curve from the back!

Polished it off with 6 sets of calves and 20 minutes on the elliptical.

It definitely feels good to be back. I've never been one to take off much time after a show. You can't take my weights from me for long! I get too antsy.
It usually ends up being a week anyways because the final week of contest prep is light workouts <don’t really count>. I could feel my body acting a little frail today though; mostly the knees. Pushed through it and gave it extra food to cope with.

Reducing calories back to original prep nutrition plan tomorrow.

Ashley_Brand
06-27-09, 1:05 pm
So today I come with my faith a little shaken.
I spent a year busting butt to get to that National Stage. Not anticipating to win my class, but to get my face out there and get some feedback from the National Panel.
I got my email back from the Judges; it reads as follows:

"Hi Ashley,
Notes indicate your are too lean as well as too muscular. Good Luck in the Future."

Really? Ok…
So you want to get up there to see what the national judges think of you only to get a one liner back. Silly gooses, stomping on peoples dreams like that. Well, good thing I'm stronger than that.
And OH!, I DO plan on still seeing you in Vegas.
Lets call this the Figure Fluffy Adventure.

Lets face it, at this point I’m doing this all borderline homeless as it is. I spend all my money prepping and primping for these things, so fluffy here I come. I can't afford not to change it up according to their one lined advice.

So after feeling like my heart was ripped out of chest and consuming a half quart of cookie dough ice-cream << don’t judge it was Reduced sugar ;) lol >> I’m back in the game.

Game plan…
Continue on with the same prep plan.
The last week gradually add in calories to fill out.
No salt loading.
No water depletion.
Softer posing to hide my hard work <hmm, You’re lucky I don’t give people middle fingers >

26 days and counting...
Let the adventure continue!

Ashley_Brand
06-27-09, 2:14 pm
Did back yesterday...
the tune sang out like this...

Lat Pulldowns
1 set 90x15 ; 3 sets 110x12

Decline Bench, Chest Supported Dumbbell Rows <love these>
2 sets 30x12
Immediately Followed by Regular Bent Over Rows
2 sets 40x12

Low Cable Row
4 Sets 85x12

Straight Arm Light Cable Pullovers
3 sets 50x12

Rear Delt Flyes
Machine Standing- 50x 2 sets of 12
Machine Seated- 40x 2 sets 12

210 reps on Calves. No stopping.
3 Sets 40lb Shrugs x 15.
Weighted Decline Sit ups. 100 reps total.
Decline Ab Twists 60 reps total. Absoulutely no weight on obliques for me; at battle with a small waist as it is lol.

Just ate my egg whites and brocolli; letting it settle for just a bit then heading in to do shoulders and possibly some arms.
Hey, if Animal ever wants to make a figure girl DVD hit me up ;) "A day in the life". LOL!
Though, I wouldn't be as entertaining as House playing playstation on the ellipitcal. ;)

ghost
06-27-09, 2:51 pm
SUBBED! looking forward to the show

Ashley_Brand
06-27-09, 2:55 pm
SUBBED! looking forward to the show

awesome! looking forward to having you here & thanks for all the support thru Juniors.
LOVE THIS >>> "dont ever let anything get in your way... destroy every obstacle, move every mountain, and crush those fucking weights."
<<.AMEN.>>

ghost
06-27-09, 3:19 pm
awesome! looking forward to having you here & thanks for all the support thru Juniors.
LOVE THIS >>> "dont ever let anything get in your way... destroy every obstacle, move every mountain, and crush those fucking weights."
<<.AMEN.>>

support is what this place is all about hun. if you need anything at all, let me know!

Bartles
06-27-09, 3:36 pm
Quite an impressive back you have. Good luck on the next show, I'll be stopping by ever so often.

Ashley_Brand
06-27-09, 6:03 pm
Just sat down and finished the post workout meal so figured its about time to log that workout.

Hit up some shoulders tonight and finished up with 20 minutes cardio. Ill be back later to finish my day off with 20 more minutes on the elliptical before bed.

Shoulders tightened up almost immediately during the warm up so I knew it was going to be a crazy pump day. Probably from the ice-cream carbs last night shooting through my veins. Literally.

As long as the pumps intense Im keeping the weight down, especially with going right back into another prep and after the one liner "too muscular" I got at Juniors.

DB Shoulder Press
4 sets 30x12

Upright Rows, Barbell
4 sets 70x12

Side Laterals (did them quicker tonight, cant believe this light of weight hurt this bad!)
15x15

Kettle Ball Front Raises
2 sets 40x15
-superset with-
High Cable Rear Delt Flyes
2 sets 30x15

naturalguy
06-28-09, 8:49 am
In for this ride.

It's frustrating that the judges can't decide what they want and they seem to change their mind often.

Keep pushing on Ash.

Ashley_Brand
06-28-09, 9:05 pm
In for this ride.

It's frustrating that the judges can't decide what they want and they seem to change their mind often.

Keep pushing on Ash.

Good to have you for sure, one of my favorite followers! I definitely wont be missin out at the arnold this year!

Ashley_Brand
06-28-09, 9:28 pm
FELT GREAT TODAY!!

Walked into the gym with a mission and a beaming new idea.
Lets start with the workout and then onto the beaming idea, yes I know.. the suspense will kill most of you. JK.

<-Arms->
Since getting the feedback from the judges that my upperbody was too muscular I tried to tone the workout down today a bit. At first I just ended up doing higher reps with the same weight (which the weight banger in me loved) but then had to refocus on what they would be looking for in Vegas and scaled back a bit.

Barbell Curls
4 sets 50x15
-superset-
Decline Bench Sit ups
4 sets 25

Tricep Pushdowns
4 sets 70x12
-superset-
Pushups 4 sets 10 umm, yes these made me feel like an infant.

Cable Stretch Curls
3 sets 30x15

Cable D Handle Tricep Extensions
3 sets 25x15

Decline Ab Twist
-superset-
Leg Lifts

& bunches of stretching.

hmm... lets see. I can conclude from this workout that things are going to start changing up a bit. Hence the pushups (which as of right now I suck at) and the stretching.
I have decided that possibly by the end of this year I will be able to add NPC Fitness Competitor to my resume.
I'm pumped about this!! Researched the mandatories today and will start practicing this week. The practices as of right now will help give my body a more "athletic" look which the judges are going for and will also prep me for my first outing as fitness competitor.

Everyones first response... "Can you flip like that?!" Answer is... suprising yes and quite good! I was a cheerleader and gymnast for over 10 years of my life. Thats probably not something you chit chat about on the Animal Forum though, just kiddin ;)
Naw, but Im super excited about the new adventure. FOR SURE not throwing the towel in on Figure though. The plan will fold out by keeping myself in the game on the national stage for figure and hanging out at some of the smaller shows for fitness for awhile.
Lets call it multitasking :)

naturalguy
06-29-09, 9:20 am
I have decided that possibly by the end of this year I will be able to add NPC Fitness Competitor to my resume.
I'm pumped about this!! Researched the mandatories today and will start practicing this week. The practices as of right now will help give my body a more "athletic" look which the judges are going for and will also prep me for my first outing as fitness competitor.

Everyones first response... "Can you flip like that?!" Answer is... suprising yes and quite good! I was a cheerleader and gymnast for over 10 years of my life. Thats probably not something you chit chat about on the Animal Forum though, just kiddin ;)
Naw, but Im super excited about the new adventure. FOR SURE not throwing the towel in on Figure though. The plan will fold out by keeping myself in the game on the national stage for figure and hanging out at some of the smaller shows for fitness for awhile.
Lets call it multitasking :)

Cool. I have a lot of respect for the fitness girls as those routines are NOT easy to do.

Ashley_Brand
06-29-09, 2:22 pm
So I’ve been setting my alarm with the intent of waking for morning cardio.
So far 3 mornings in a row and a few last week I’ve been waking up with day shattering headaches. I literally feel like someone is throwing a Woodstock party on my frontal lobe.

On a good note, morning cardio for me, right now, is not a necessity so I can get away with doing it post workout. One of my ex-boyfriends ran track so he brought me over some extra strength Tylenol used for sprinters that get really bad shin splits. Originally they were for my shin splits but now I wake up, pop 2 of those, get back in bed for about 40 minutes and most of the time I wake up and the headache has become more manageable. I hope these cease soon, otherwise I’m trading this brain in for a newer model that doesn’t like raves as much.

GOOD NEWS! Weighed in this morning at 149.5. Soooo… WELCOME BACK 140's! How I love you.

Plan is to get to 145 then cruise on into the show. Should be at 145 in about a week and half if not sooner. I may even get a cheat meal, don’t know if I want to open the flood gates again though. I’m definitely a person that if you give me a inch I run a damn marathon.
I heard a quote once... applies to me perfectly..
"The people who succeed in life are often those who know consciously or unconsciously to make the most of their talents, their advantages, and their strengths, while understanding how to maintain control over their weaknesses."

I do love me some food.
Even clean food, I would eat 2 or 3 cups oatmeal easy if I was allowed. Not to mention how quick I could throw down a box of Oreos or 2 jars of peanut butter.
But no, that shit does not look good in a figure suit or like most of you, trunks. I think this is why I was pretty good at bulking ;) I got up to 167 rather quickly lol.

Lets look on the positive side… if figure doesn’t work out I’ve for sure got a career waiting in competitive eating.

C.Coronato
06-29-09, 2:29 pm
Lets look on the positive side… if figure doesn’t work out I’ve for sure got a career waiting in competitive eating.

Now thats something i can relate to! haha. Good luck on the rest of your journey, they pics look great!

Ashley_Brand
06-30-09, 12:12 am
Flipped around for a little bit tonight and practiced some jumps for about 20 minutes then did legs.

One legged Squat
3 sets
40lbs x 15

3/4 Front Squats (heels on plates holding DB)
4 sets x 15 ... burn like frickin crazy
-superset-
Sumo Squat Pulses
45lbs x 20

Leg Extensions
3 sets
80 x 12

Ham Curls (our machine is ancient and really heavy so dont think Im a wuss!)
3 sets
70 x 12

Glute Kickbacks
4 sets
50lbs x 12

30 mintues elliptical once I could walk again.
Nothin to life shattering but got the job done.
4.5 lbs til goal weight to coast into comp.
24 days.

Iceiktitan
06-30-09, 6:43 am
You took the words out of my mouth. Judging is subjective but at times they seem a bit unreasonable.

Subbed,
Ice

In for this ride.

Keep pushing on Ash.

Ashley_Brand
06-30-09, 12:53 pm
You took the words out of my mouth. Judging is subjective but at times they seem a bit unreasonable.

Subbed,
Ice

Glad to have you Ice.

Ashley_Brand
06-30-09, 12:55 pm
Cardio ramps up today and AM cardio starts tomorrow.
I evaluated myself last night and have came to the conclusion that the body is rebounding harder than anticipated. Im actually starting to look worse as the days go on lol. No worries we've got 24 days to oil this baby up so we'll start with today.

Like the sentence goes...
times' a wastin'

feelin' good about this adventure.

NJC_Manhattan
06-30-09, 1:07 pm
Still looking good. How's everything going in here?

LittleMan55
06-30-09, 1:17 pm
Give it hell Ashley!

Iceiktitan
07-01-09, 6:21 am

Give it hell Ashley!

Ashley_Brand
07-02-09, 3:33 pm
for some reason the forum hasnt been loading for the last couple nights but preps still holdin' strong.

Sent in my entry form today...

Guess this is really happening.. Im going to VEGAS! 22 days and counting...

Phil800101
07-05-09, 1:17 pm
You know I'm down for this...

WTF is with those judges? That response makes no sense.

Work is looking good in here, and it sounds like a solid plan with the foray into fitness as well as keeping with the figure. Keep on killing it!

Ashley_Brand
07-05-09, 2:03 pm
Stopping by to check in. My computers been a little goofy lately.

Currently a little behind. This back to back contest is definitely not easier for me. Im confident Ill bring a good package though just gotta keep at it. Im a little thrown by trying to go in "softer" feels like stopping before you get to the finish line to me. But hey, I'll try anything once. It has kind of taken the wind out of my sails though.

Workouts are holding strong. Today I have routine practice so we'll see how that goes!
Hope everyone had a good fourth!

Phil800101
07-06-09, 3:08 am
Sounds good Ashley. Do what you gotta do.

IRBS
07-06-09, 8:35 am
Keep truckin Ashley. Back to back competitions are not for the faint of heart.