PDA

View Full Version : Beginning new program 8x8 - will I be loosing muscle mass

Geronimo
06-25-09, 4:06 am
He guys.
For the last months I have been doing a program for mass...doin' reps 8-6-4-25 per set.
Now, I feel it is time to change my program. I wanted to try 8 x 8 program. So 64 reps per excersise, to burn off a little of my fat.
Will i be loosing a lot of muscle mass doin' that program?

sanga
06-25-09, 7:02 am
Personally I think you need to be looking at your diet to burn off the fat, added with cardio will do the trick, the weights sessions to keep/add muscle.

Geronimo
06-25-09, 8:08 am
The thing is, I don't need to lose fat too much, but I just wanted to give this program a shot (since everybody in our gym is talking about how great this program is).
I just wanted to make sure I do not lose the muscle I built...

sanga
06-25-09, 8:40 am
Well you won`t by doing the routine, its diet that will determine whether you lose weight along with calories burned.

Go with the routine and see how you go, you may find you need to add a little more food, this whole game is trial and error.

Geronimo
06-25-09, 9:11 am
Thanks Sanga! Appreciate it! I know it is trial and error, but I been bustin' my ass the past year and a half for a little bit a muslegain on my body and you can imagine that I don't wanna lose that.....but I will give it a try and see how it works.
Currently I can only do 3 days a week. I will try this routine for about 3-4 weeks and then we'll see where I am

GJN5002
06-25-09, 10:13 am
Just one excercise per muscle 8x8 right?

I'm doing a 10 x 10 routine right now and it's hard ot say the least. Especially legs, I really dread squats now.

Geronimo
06-25-09, 11:12 am
The programm i got from my trainer has 3 excersises for the big muscles en 2 for the smal ones....think its too much?

h 3 L L b 0 y
06-25-09, 12:02 pm
It's Vince Gironda's 8x8, look it up on google, get some more info.

live2lift
06-25-09, 12:22 pm
The programm i got from my trainer has 3 excersises for the big muscles en 2 for the smal ones....think its too much?

Geez, thats alot of work. 24 sets and 16 sets. But that being said, you may see progress from it since it will be something new. I wouldnt recommend doing it for too long because I could see someone burning out quickly on this type of program. Just pay attention to your gains and the second you start to feel overtrained then change your program up. Good luck bro.

Peace

Geronimo
06-26-09, 2:30 am
thanks! I'll start on Monday and will go for it for 2 weeks. After that I will do some evaluation and see what it does for me. If i'm satisfied, i'll do another week, if not, I'll change my routine again.
I'll keep y'all posted!