PDA

View Full Version : My brothers....

DaveK
06-26-09, 3:07 pm
...I have been off the boards for entirely way too long. Something so good for the soul should never be left alone. It hasn't been without reason though...my journey this year has been a trying one. It wasn't the challanges of coming back after a 10 year layoff, nor the on going war against father time and the injuries he can bestowe on us...no this year the challanges were more of a cerebral kind. Battles within myself to make the right choices and decisions concerning directions in which my life is going. Major decisons and choices that affect those close to me and myself as a man. It can become draining at times and make one question why...why do I even bother trying to move forward towards a dream that may never come true while at the same time dealing with these lifes challanges that are just so damn important....

...because! Because this, my brothers, is what keeps us grounded. Whats keeps us out of trouble and what keeps us focused and whole. It gives us purpose. One more set...one more rep closer to that goal, making that right decison and facing whatever it is that life throws at us. The gym, no matter where, has always been my safe place. It is where I have met and gotten to know such solid people, many of whom I am honored to call my friends. It has always been there for me through good times and bad. It's always consistent and never lies. In the words of Henry Rollins, "200 pounds will always be 200 pounds". The iron has always been there for me and always will be til I draw my last breath. Brothers, it is who we are!

Thank you....

My journey this year began on March 1st. Brought things together pretty much the same as last year with the addition of having a good injury free off-season. Two shows were targeted. The PA/Keystone State Championship on June 20th and the Masters Nationals on July 17/18. So many times I almost pulled the plug this year but I refused and kept moving forward...because!

The PA was this last Saturday and it was a good day. The numbers were a bit dissappointing to say the least but I have no control over that. I did my homework and swept the show; winning the Masters and Overall title. A long time goal that finally came true. I can remember as a kid going to the Mr. Pennsylvania (as it was called back then) to watch Greg Long compete and saying to myself "one day"...well that day was Saturday and it was a moment that I will cherish forever. I was so greatful to share it with my wife and daughter and cousin Tim! The other day I was sitting with Greg and going over prep for the up coming Nationals. Someone walked into the office and Greg introduced me, "this is Dave Kenderdine. He just won the Mr. Pennsylvania"......BAM! It hit me....

I enjoyed myself Saturday night and Sunday then it was back on it focused on the M Nats July 17th. Last year I was slotted, didn't get called til the 4th round and didn't make Saturday night. This year will be a different story! Training and diet are on point. The next four weeks will be nothing but slow controlled and SQUEEZE. Light weights, 12 - 15 reps. 60 minutes of cardio a day; 30 AM 30 PM. Hamstrings and glute several times a week. Arms tonight...

Some of the decisions have yet to be made and with Gods help the right ones will be made. But one thing is for sure...prep time will not be sacraficed and because of that ...nothing else will either!

Brothers thank you for you time and I apologize for being away for so long...time to get back to business..........

C.Coronato
06-26-09, 4:43 pm
Thats awesome brother. Keep up the good work, with Greg Long on your side, you are un stoppable.

DaveK
06-27-09, 12:53 am
Thats awesome brother. Keep up the good work, with Greg Long on your side, you are un stoppable.

Thanks...yea, he's been a friend and mentor for 30 years...

OklahomaMuscle
06-27-09, 1:08 am
This story is a great example of why I am here on this forum, honesty and pride, you just wrote something real, unfiltered, honest and true...and to me that integrity means everything. I look forward to watching as you smash down all the barriers and boundaries in your path. Good Luck Dave, you have my respect and admiration for not letting someone else decide your fate and for taking what is yours, well done and good to have you back.

DaveK
06-27-09, 1:13 am
This story is a great example of why I am here on this forum, honesty and pride, you just wrote something real, unfiltered, honest and true...and to me that integrity means everything. I look forward to watching as you smash down all the barriers and boundaries in your path. Good Luck Dave, you have my respect and admiration for not letting someone else decide your fate and for taking what is yours, well done and good to have you back.

That means a lot!

DaveK
06-28-09, 6:15 pm
Hammered legs today at Better Bodies. Timk13, RK and RK's buddie Potter were there doin the same. Went to the Philly last night. Some top level National competitors were there which provided plenty of motivation for today.

Leg Ext:
2 warm up
4x25 fast and hard

Triset: Leg Press, Hacks, Smith Squats:
2x15 slow controlled 10 second reps

Reverse Hacks
2x15 slow controlled

Lung Hacks
2x15 slow controlled

Hamtractor
6x15 fast and hard
3x25 half reps hips forward squeeze glutes

Leg Curl:
6x15,12,10

Leg Ext:
3xfailure slow controlled 5 second holds at top.

PEACE

DaveK
06-30-09, 12:30 am
220 am weight. Cardio on an empty stomach at 6:30. Calves

Tri-Set:
Inc Bench
Hammer Bench
Decline Bench
3x 12-15 slow controlled

Tri-Set
Inc dumbell press/fly (3x20)
Decline rotation flys (3x15)
Flex Machine Fly (3x15)

Hi and low cable cross overs
2x15
2x15

tan and calves.

PM

Pose 30 min cardio

Peace.....

Hollow
06-30-09, 8:13 am
Good to see you back on the forvm DaveK and a huge congrats to you winning the PA/Keystone State Championship! That triset on leg day looks brutal!

Vaze_06
06-30-09, 8:47 am
welcome back and nice sessions bro