PDA

View Full Version : Tilapomeal

DaveK
06-27-09, 1:07 am
I eat this for meal 2 during my prep and sometimes for several meals a day during the off season. During prep, it's the meal I look most forward to. Pretty simple:

40g Oats
8 oz tilapia
1 1/2 cup water

Add oats, water and sea salt to taste. Bring to boil and then let simmer for about 5 minutes. Add the oats to the tilapia and mix to pudding consistancy.

Protien: 45g
Carbs: 30

AlphaBrass01
06-27-09, 7:22 am
I eat this for meal 2 during my prep and sometimes for several meals a day during the off season. During prep, it's the meal I look most forward to. Pretty simple:

40g Oats
8 oz tilapia
1 1/2 cup water

Add oats, water and sea salt to taste. Bring to boil and then let simmer for about 5 minutes. Add the oats to the tilapia and mix to pudding consistancy.

Protien: 45g
Carbs: 30

I have to say - at first glance, this sounds disgusting, but I won't knock it without trying it. In fact, as I type this response, I'm getting more and more curious. I may have to try this next time I have some tilapia in the house.

Shamus11B
06-28-09, 4:56 am
I second that, I have problems with freaking puddling making me want to upchuck, this may be tasty but I think the consistency would make me sick.

commando
06-28-09, 5:32 am
I do the same with tuna. Just mix it with oats the same way and eat. Mmmm.... good!

BigDubbDiesel
06-28-09, 10:12 am
gotta eat for performance, not pleasure....stick that shit in a blender and give me a straw!

newbreed
06-28-09, 11:50 am
gotta eat for performance, not pleasure....stick that shit in a blender and give me a straw!

That makes it even better.lol.

mritter3
06-28-09, 2:14 pm
looking at the recipe i would say nasty...but until you try it who the hell knows....gonna give it a whirl tonight, just so happens i was gonna make tilapia anyway.

AFTazz06
06-28-09, 4:04 pm
I might be the only one to say this, but sorry that looks F'n nasty. If solid foods are meant to be chewed, chew them, liquids are meant to be ingested by drinking them. I refuse to make solid meals into baby food.

DaveK
06-28-09, 5:20 pm
Great responses. The way it started was the morning of a show two years ago I was trying to get my first meal down and it happened to be some tilapia and a cup of oats. The tilapia just wasnt going down and I wasnt taking in any water. So I looked at the fish...looked at the bowl of oats several times and said f it. Mixed the two together and the rest is history...I love it now. Everyone has their own little secrets....if it brings me a pro card Id eat it all day everyday.....

Pizzalamp
06-28-09, 7:40 pm
what about tilapia in grits?

DaveK
06-30-09, 12:15 am
what about tilapia in grits?

A tasty alternative. Will have to try it in the off season!