PDA

View Full Version : Cable Crossovers Question

sideburnz
06-30-09, 12:16 pm
I've been doing low-range cable crossovers for my chest routine for the past month.. My intention is to improve my lower chest with it.. I have 2 questions.

1) When i do low-range cable crossovers, do i actually hit my lower chest?

2) When i do low-range cable crossovers, not only do i feel it in my chest, but i also feel it quite a bit in my biceps. Is this normal?

AFTazz06
06-30-09, 12:33 pm
I've been doing low-range cable crossovers for my chest routine for the past month.. My intention is to improve my lower chest with it.. I have 2 questions.

2) When i do low-range cable crossovers, not only do i feel it in my chest, but i also feel it quite a bit in my biceps. Is this normal?

I think your bi's are getting too much of the excercise and they will be fatigued before your chest is. Best way to hit your lower chest is dips, you can completely isolate the lower section of your pecs.

sideburnz
06-30-09, 12:36 pm
I think your bi's are getting too much of the excercise and they will be fatigued before your chest is. Best way to hit your lower chest is dips, you can completely isolate the lower section of your pecs.

Okay i know that and thanks , but my questions hasn't been answered.

JasonG
06-30-09, 1:09 pm
Yes you will hit your lower chest if you do it as a downward movement. I think you are feeling it in your bi's because your somewhat curling in the movement. Focus on locking out your arms and squeezing the chest. Also, I read not to cross over your hands at the end of the movement. It's unneccessary and you can get a max contraction without doing so. I like to do this movement as a finishing exercise with fst-7. Try it out!

sideburnz
06-30-09, 2:28 pm
Yes you will hit your lower chest if you do it as a downward movement. I think you are feeling it in your bi's because your somewhat curling in the movement. Focus on locking out your arms and squeezing the chest. Also, I read not to cross over your hands at the end of the movement. It's unneccessary and you can get a max contraction without doing so. I like to do this movement as a finishing exercise with fst-7. Try it out!

Yeah bro i totally agree with you, & i don't cross over my hands.
By the way what is fst-7, and what does it stand for?

Kingquads
06-30-09, 4:22 pm

1) yes you hit your lower chest, but that doesnt mean its going to make it grow, cable crossovers are a pump exercise, if you want your mid/lower chest to grow dips is your best bet

2)you feel it in your biceps? yes its normal and your going too heavy

sideburnz
06-30-09, 5:20 pm
1) yes you hit your lower chest, but that doesnt mean its going to make it grow, cable crossovers are a pump exercise, if you want your mid/lower chest to grow dips is your best bet

2)you feel it in your biceps? yes its normal and your going too heavy

I do dips on Arms day but on chest day i do 3sets of incline and flat presses each, which after i'm exhausted. Thus, i wouldn't have the fuel to do dips. Any suggestions on this?

C.Coronato
06-30-09, 5:23 pm
I do dips on Arms day but on chest day i do 3sets of incline and flat presses each, which after i'm exhausted. Thus, i wouldn't have the fuel to do dips. Any suggestions on this?

6 sets of chest and you shouldnt be exhausted brother. How much food are you eating prior to working out?

sideburnz
06-30-09, 5:29 pm
Im talking just about the compounds. After which i do 3 sets of incline and flat flyes each and 3sets of cable crossovers. Isn't that supposed to be exhausting?

Kingquads
06-30-09, 5:37 pm

yes you will still have fuel, just try it out, and just think of dips as a "must" exercise, dips are a great compound move for chest,triceps,shoulders,even lats and biceps get worked in a way, make sure you lean foward, and that exercise will make your chest grow trust me

lean foward for more chest

lean backwards for more arms

Kingquads
06-30-09, 5:43 pm
Im talking just about the compounds. After which i do 3 sets of incline and flat flyes each and 3sets of cable crossovers. Isn't that supposed to be exhausting?

wait so you do this

3 sets incline press
3 sets flat press
3 sets incline flyes
3 sets flat flyes
3 sets of cable crossovers?!

man thats way too much, you gota keep it basic, but if you want to include all those pump movements cut down the sets, doing 3 sets will just tire you out, i dont know why everyone sticks to 3 sets, just do 1 warm up set for flyes then 1 working set to failure like this

3 workng sets incline press
2 working sets flat press
1 working set incline flyes
2 working sets dips
1 or 2 working sets of cable crossovers or flat flyes

remember less is better, train smart, train hard, eat alot, and rest!

hope this helps bro

AFTazz06
06-30-09, 6:32 pm
As you can see, mostly everybody is aiming towards dips as i've stated above. and 6 sets shouldn't be exhausting.

sideburnz
06-30-09, 6:36 pm
Yeah bro.. That did help.. will use your advice and try to come up with something lesser and more intense.. Thankz!