PDA

View Full Version : The New NSC: The Reverend's Inquest...

rev8ball
07-01-09, 2:31 am
Today starts my 30 day intervention with Universal's new Natural Sterol Complex.

After reading the label, I must admit that I am quite enthused about this product. The sterol complex looks promising, as well as the addition of Tribulus, Methoxy, and Beta Ecdy. Of course, this is in addition to all of the other great natural ingredients that makes this a potentially great addition to my arsenal. As with most other Universal products that I have used in the past, or are currently using, I am looking forward to NSC.

This thread will contain highlights of my progress in regards to NSC, so I will not be posting everyday. For training regimen, etc., while on this product, please click on the "Atonement" link in my sig to follow along there.

Finally, for those of you who know me, you know that I do not pull punches. I am completely left-brained and straight-forward. If you want the truth, positive or negative, you have come to the right place. I will call bullshit when I see it; at the same time, I will honor a legtimate product when it warrants it. I am neither a pessimist nor a optimist - I am a realist.

Now, let's rock 'n' roll.......

rev8ball
07-01-09, 2:45 am
Upon opening the cannister, I was very pleased to see the new sealing procedure that UN is now using on its products. Instead of just a paper seal (most of the time that just came off automatically with the lid), they are now using an air-tight aluminum foil seal that is acually glued to the container. Great stuff!

The product does not have the expected strong odor when taking the lid off, unlike many other pill-type products that I have taken in the past. When you stick your nose in it, a slight smell comparable to hay, believe it or not, is evident. In other words, much more tolerable than many other products.

I rearranged my supplement regimen to get clearer results from using this product. I was going to do a cycle of M-stak, along with starting my ZMA, for example, but decided to delay those until I was through with the NSC. I also discontinued my Genesis last week, again until this is over. Currently, the products I'm using are:

1. Milk & Egg protein
2. Animal Pak, Omega (will be adding Flex soon)
3. Storm (pre-workout)
4. Creatine Monohydrate (post, and daily)
5. EAA Stack
6. Real Gains
7. Amino Tech (as needed for additional aminos)

J-Dawg
07-01-09, 11:02 am
In for the ride. Looking forward to your thoughts Rev.

rev8ball
07-04-09, 3:20 am
Things are moving along great. I'm not really expecting anything major yet, since I'm still in the first week of using the new NSC, but definitely looking forward to it.

rev8ball
07-15-09, 8:10 pm
Okay, about two and half weeks into it, and I think it's starting to kick in. If there is going to be any significant effect, it should be in full gear by the end of the 30 days.

Body weight is about the same, but I think I dropped a bit of BF; I'm gonna have the numbers checked this weekend.

Started my week off with chest, and it felt GREAT! Did some stuff that wasn't planned, but was definitely on the jazz. Good amount of strength, and a good amount of energy. Check out my Journey for the particulars....

sunny_max
07-18-09, 9:14 pm
looking fwd to ur review buddy.......i am thinking of stacking it with m-stak.......cant wait to hear what u gotta say......

rev8ball
07-23-09, 12:39 am
I realized something big today, and I gotta admit I'm thinking it's the NSC.

When I started taking NSC, I started at the same time the next cycle of my training regimen - 5x5. My last cycle was a 4x10, and, after taking a week off, my 5x5 should have been off a bit from the last time I ran it. But, looking back over my log, I realized that by the second week, I was almost completely on course with the last time. In other words, I'm pushing almost the same numbers with the same intensity as when I finished the last 5x5 cycle. Plus, the DOMS that I should be experiencing from a regimen change is not near as tought as it has been in the past. Trust me, by switching from a 4x10 to a 5x5 and altering my %1RM for the weight, there should be a little lag time as the fibers "re-adjust," so to speak, especially at my age. Well, I'm not seeing that. I adapted much quicker than I expected, and the only thing that I added was NSC. We'll see what the rest of the month has planned for me.

I know, I know, furthest thing from a scientific study. But, hey, that's me in a nutshell.....

rev8ball
08-14-09, 2:19 am
Well, I finished up last week, and here is my conclusion:

1. Gained a few pounds of lean mass
2. Dropped a few percents of BF
3. Biggest deal for me, though, was the much faster recovery time. My muscles felt much more "ready to go" at the next work out, instead of still feeling a little tender and not too happy that I was lifting again. Especially at my age, this was a big deal for me.
4. I like the fact that there are so many plant sterols in this. I also ran that part of it by one of my employees (ex phys/RD), and she liked that fact, too. She said that there are so many benefits that come from phytonutrients that plant sterols contain, that we don't even know of all of them yet. Good stuff!

Overall, solid recommendation for what seems to be a solid, staple product....

sunny_max
08-14-09, 3:23 am
Well, I finished up last week, and here is my conclusion:

1. Gained a few pounds of lean mass
2. Dropped a few percents of BF
3. Biggest deal for me, though, was the much faster recovery time. My muscles felt much more "ready to go" at the next work out, instead of still feeling a little tender and not too happy that I was lifting again. Especially at my age, this was a big deal for me.
4. I like the fact that there are so many plant sterols in this. I also ran that part of it by one of my employees (ex phys/RD), and she liked that fact, too. She said that there are so many benefits that come from phytonutrients that plant sterols contain, that we don't even know of all of them yet. Good stuff!

Overall, solid recommendation for what seems to be a solid, staple product....

thnx for the feedback...i just srtarted mine today.....just popped in my second serving as i am typic this...cant wait to see results.....