PDA

View Full Version : How much longer

killakali408650
07-02-09, 2:26 am
So, life and gym were chugging along perfectly until my boss decides to rotate me to graveyard shifts.

Ever since then I get 2 hours of sleep before work starts and 5 hours of sleep after getting home, but it just doesn't feel the same.

Here is my workout split:
day1--back and chest
day2--legs--squats!!
day3--minor cardio
day4--biceps and triceps
day5--abs and hiit cardio
day6--minor cardio
day7--just plain chilling out and resting

I eat whole foods and clean, meaning no processed garbage. Make my food days in advance and store it so I can eat healthy and gain muscle. As of right now I am in bulking phase so I pretty much each whatever comes my way.

Need some advice guys, how do I make up what I lose of my sleep during graveyard. Do you think in the long term this will hurt me from gaining muscle? I feel totally exhausted 24/7 now, don't even feel like I have energy for the gym.

dannynb
07-02-09, 10:31 am
YOu'll adjust, catch some zzz's when ever possible. It's still 7 hours, I understand you feel like ass but just do what you can. Your health is what matters most, not the weights.

KDizz
07-02-09, 11:07 am
I switch to mid shifts every other month (1745 to 0545) and the first week of adjusting is difficult to adapt to. But usually, if I'm unable to work out during watch due to it being slow or having a stand by, I'll just eat good all night and hit the weights when I get off. Then go home, shower and pass out for about 7 hrs then get up and do it again. It's usually easy to fall asleep after hitting the gym hard no matter what I take for prework, its all about your body adapting. It's hard to get used to especially since you feel like your sleeping the day away but gotta do what you gotta do. It's a big change but thats what I do and it's worked out pretty well.

KD

BigDubbDiesel
07-02-09, 11:25 am
im working at UPS part time while i go to school, but its from 4am-9am...kinda fucks my workouts up, especially busting ass non stop all morning, then i usually come home take a nap, and hit the weights around noon. its rough man, but that why you're here, no one said it was going to be easy. invest in some preworkout supps to get you pumped before the gym. be easy man.

killakali408650
07-03-09, 12:32 am
thanks guys, i have tried hitting it really hard at the gym, and i find that i pass the hell out right when i get home and eat my meal. so far my weights haven't suffered, and the only thing that keeps me up at night is good eating, haha atleast I can get some quality calories in while at work.

as my body adapts a bit more id imagine it would be easier

xMATT182x
07-04-09, 6:24 am
So, life and gym were chugging along perfectly until my boss decides to rotate me to graveyard shifts.

Ever since then I get 2 hours of sleep before work starts and 5 hours of sleep after getting home, but it just doesn't feel the same.

Here is my workout split:
day1--back and chest
day2--legs--squats!!
day3--minor cardio
day4--biceps and triceps
day5--abs and hiit cardio
day6--minor cardio
day7--just plain chilling out and resting

I eat whole foods and clean, meaning no processed garbage. Make my food days in advance and store it so I can eat healthy and gain muscle. As of right now I am in bulking phase so I pretty much each whatever comes my way.

Need some advice guys, how do I make up what I lose of my sleep during graveyard. Do you think in the long term this will hurt me from gaining muscle? I feel totally exhausted 24/7 now, don't even feel like I have energy for the gym.

I know the feeling man, I also work midnights, it takes getting used to it but you never fully will. Just hang in there and do your best and it will work out.

Chief
07-09-09, 6:25 am
I work nights also, actually at work now...
I just catch as much sleep as I can, whether it be 4 hours or 9 hours (rare) I also have a photography business so the 4 hours days are far to often. I just push on through it, its all you can do really.