PDA

View Full Version : Titles on the FORVM

71bbo455
07-03-09, 9:45 pm
Not sure if this is the right place for this but I figured someone can tell me this info. What the titles mean under peoples names. Such as Plebeian, Legionary, etc. Think that 100 posts is a Plebeian. But not sure. Any answers would be appreciated.

Cstlfx
07-03-09, 11:17 pm
Plebian, Legionary, and Gladius are titles depending on how many posts you have.

Gladiator is the title given to a select few who have won national level competitions or are highly recognized.

Pros are the people sponsored by Universal and are professionals in their respective competition.

Watchmen are the mods for the board. Henchmen are those that mods without the powers, basically helpers keeping a watchful eye.

ABC (Animal Barbell Club) titles are also given out. Coordinators, regional chairmen, national chairmen, recruiters, etc.

t_mh
07-04-09, 9:27 am
Thanks, I was was wondering this too.

J Wong
07-04-09, 10:10 am
Ah, one day I will have the Gladiator title.

tdubs
06-11-10, 10:28 am
I've noticed I'm not a 'Plebian' anymore when I post.

Have I had my status revoked, or is there something up with my account?

Not a big problem either way, just curious.

Thanks.

Aggression
06-11-10, 10:37 am
That's a good thing, brother! I don't know the number off the top of my head, but you lose your 'plebian' status after a certain number of posts.

tdubs
06-11-10, 10:40 am
That's a good thing, brother! I don't know the number off the top of my head, but you lose your 'plebian' status after a certain number of posts.

As far as I can work out, you start with nothing then became a Plebian after a hundred or so posts, then stay one until you get to 500, maybe 1000. I'm only at 130-ish so just wondering why it suddenly disappeared?

But yes, Plebian isn't the nicest title I've ever had bestowed upon me!

Aggression
06-11-10, 10:42 am
Yeah like I said, I can't remember the actual number in which it goes away. But over time, as your post count grows, you'll notice new 'tags' under your name. Personally, I don't even take notice of 'em.

Beowulf
06-11-10, 11:55 am
I've noticed I'm not a 'Plebian' anymore when I post.

Have I had my status revoked, or is there something up with my account?

Not a big problem either way, just curious.

Thanks.

You know, it's funny. I noticed something weird things too. In fact, I saw a title I had never seen before. Can't remember what it is though. Maybe they changed up what the titles are and when you get it?

Beowulf
06-11-10, 11:57 am
Just checked. The new title is "Pilus" and it looks like you get it at 5,000 posts now. I'm guessing the Plebian minimum has been upped, but I'm not sure. A Watchman would probably know.

PIJW
06-11-10, 11:58 am
Just checked. The new title is "Pilus" and it looks like you get it at 5,000 posts now. I'm guessing the Plebian minimum has been upped, but I'm not sure. A Watchman would probably know.

Thats interesting, didnt know they changed them

Beowulf
06-11-10, 11:59 am
Thats interesting, didnt know they changed them

I just hit "The Legion" button up top and looked at the members based on post counts. You can roughly see where the titles come into play, at what post count. Looks like Gladius is next for me at post 2500.

From Wiki: "Gladius is a Latin word for sword."

I can't decide if having this Roman-based titles is cheesy or cool, lol. But it's in keeping with the name of this place, the forvm (as in the central public space in every Roman town where people came together).

tdubs
06-11-10, 1:44 pm
I just hit "The Legion" button up top and looked at the members based on post counts. You can roughly see where the titles come into play, at what post count. Looks like Gladius is next for me at post 2500.

From Wiki: "Gladius is a Latin word for sword."

I can't decide if having this Roman-based titles is cheesy or cool, lol. But it's in keeping with the name of this place, the forvm (as in the central public space in every Roman town where people came together).

I think it's quite cool. Well, I did until I lost my Plebeian status, dammit!

Funky
06-11-10, 1:50 pm
Yeah someone upped the number of posts needed for each category. Where legendary was at 500 it is now 1000. I was legendary and was bumped back to Plebeian.

tdubs
06-11-10, 1:56 pm
Yeah someone upped the number of posts needed for each category. Where legendary was at 500 it is now 1000. I was legendary and was bumped back to Plebeian.

Ha ha..... legionary . Although I don't doubt it for a second mate!

Funky
06-11-10, 2:17 pm
Ha ha..... legionary . Although I don't doubt it for a second mate!

stupid auto spell check it puts whatever word it thinks i want in i hate it thanks for the catch!

Beowulf
06-11-10, 4:10 pm

Only 73 posts to go. Hang out here: http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=28193

Shouldn't take you long, lol.

Funky
06-11-10, 4:15 pm
Only 73 posts to go. Hang out here: http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=28193

Shouldn't take you long, lol.

LOL I get in fun conversations with people so it won't take long no matter what

Beowulf
06-11-10, 4:16 pm
LOL I get in fun conversations with people so it won't take long no matter what

See? One down, 72 to go.....

Funky
06-11-10, 4:17 pm
See? One down, 72 to go.....

only 71 now this is almost too easy LMAO

Beowulf
06-11-10, 4:20 pm
only 71 now this is almost too easy LMAO

Told you. It's like taking candy away from a baby.

Funky
06-11-10, 4:20 pm
Told you. It's like taking candy away from a baby.

You send babies to fight me?!?!

Beowulf
06-11-10, 4:21 pm
You send babies to fight me?!?!

Are you from Sparta?

Funky
06-11-10, 4:31 pm
This is Sparta! hold on what just happened

Beowulf
06-11-10, 4:33 pm
This... is..... Sparta!!!!!!!

I added a few embellishments for you.

Funky
06-11-10, 4:35 pm
I added a few embellishments for you.

That is nice right there I forgot to emphasize!!!

Beowulf
06-11-10, 4:38 pm
That is nice right there I forgot to emphasize!!!

I couldn't work in the brogue for you though. You're on your own.

Funky
06-11-10, 4:40 pm
I couldn't work in the brogue for you though. You're on your own.

Man I am so freaking bored it is friday they never go slow WTF

Beowulf
06-11-10, 4:41 pm
Man I am so freaking bored it is friday they never go slow WTF

Head on down to the Inner Harbor, early. Get some crabs. No, not at The Block, lol.

Funky
06-11-10, 4:42 pm
Head on down to the Inner Harbor, early. Get some crabs. No, not at The Block, lol.
What is this Inner harbor it does not sound safe.

Beowulf
06-11-10, 4:43 pm
What is this Inner harbor it does not sound safe.

Very dangerous. Avoid at all costs. Same goes for Fels Point. Nasty, nasty stuff.

Funky
06-11-10, 4:45 pm
Very dangerous. Avoid at all costs. Same goes for Fels Point. Nasty, nasty stuff.

Now i REALLY DO NOT KNOW FELS POINT. Is that in Maryland?

Beowulf
06-11-10, 4:46 pm
Now i REALLY DO NOT KNOW FELS POINT. Is that in Maryland?

Oh. I thought you were from Maryland. It says so on your "Location".

Funky
06-11-10, 4:47 pm
I live in Maryland yes but I moved here like 4 years ago so I do not know where everything is.

Beowulf
06-11-10, 4:48 pm
I live in Maryland yes but I moved here like 4 years ago so I do not know where everything is.

Inner Harbor, The Block, Fels Point--all in Bulmur. Well, that's Baltimore to you I guess being a recent transplant, lol.

Funky
06-11-10, 4:51 pm
Inner Harbor, The Block, Fels Point--all in Bulmur. Well, that's Baltimore to you I guess being a recent transplant, lol.

We call it murdermore!! Are you from the area??

Beowulf
06-11-10, 4:51 pm
We call it murdermore!! Are you from the area??

Spent time in the area, yes. Good times.

Funky
06-11-10, 4:53 pm
Spent time in the area, yes. Good times.

I love Fogo de chao in Baltimore YUM

LegendKillerJosh
06-13-10, 10:46 pm
fun fact - the forvm has less than 10,000 members and 2,540 of them only have 1 post.

Big C
06-13-10, 11:07 pm
fun fact - the forvm has less than 10,000 members and 2,540 of them only have 1 post.

And I would bet almost 100% of those 2,540 are only in the special "Promo" threads.

Interesting bit of info there!

Kill i oughtta
07-03-12, 3:34 am
well glad to know that info going to earn my titles gladly on F O R V M back to posting lol.