PDA

View Full Version : to all the young guys!

andrewT
07-04-09, 10:20 am
I myself am nooooo genius, and I am only turning twenty this coming tuesday, but I really want to share something.
I, and elders everywhere see a lot of young guys come here, asking about alot of...well, in a way "useless" stuff. I was once one of them, and probably still am haha. But there is one thing I have learned:

for all you guys who are 15-18 and asking abouts supps and shit, fuck that! I wish I had started training and eating right earlier. I started training in gr11 but never ate properly and trained HARD until this year and I have already put on 15 lbs. The only supps I use are whey, pak, uni-liver and FOOD! at this age guys you don't need ANYTHING besides that! even the protein is a luxury (you could just eat a nice clean meal after a workout)
if your 15,16 or whatever and you want to get big go for it guys! lift hard and eat big and well! you WILL see results because your body is producing its own performance enhancers. When I say train hard, I mean HARD. I used to think I trained hard but I was so fucking wrong. You wanna see hard watch Dorian Yates train, that is some intense shit! watch Wrath, Ox or House, that is HARD. You must learn to push through your bodies natural reaction to pain(by this I do not mean injuries) and get those last few reps in without giving up or using sloppy form.

go for it guys. Whenever I look in the mirror I wished I had started earlier, and I wish we could all learn the easy way how BASIC this game is.... and I just want to share with all you young guys to DO THAT. It doesn't take much, doesn't take the bullshit that all these mags and ads preach. It takes what animal preaches...EFFORT, DETERMINATION and CONSISTENCY!

I hope all you little animals can take something from this. I am a nobody just like you, I ain't no inspirational writer like Gdiesel or Machine, but trust me on this if you want to really become an Animal!

have fun!

Ironjaw
07-04-09, 10:29 am
heheheh

at least someone gets it.... its nice to have a little edge but yor right we dont need it ... i used to be the same way, shit all that mony I spent too lol i see more gains chompin on sum grub and sippin on the shaes afterards then i ever did tossin creatine Nos and all that other stuff lol .... all ya need

andrewT
07-04-09, 11:03 am
heheheh

at least someone gets it.... its nice to have a little edge but yor right we dont need it ... i used to be the same way, shit all that mony I spent too lol i see more gains chompin on sum grub and sippin on the shaes afterards then i ever did tossin creatine Nos and all that other stuff lol .... all ya need

exactly. The supplements I have listed are actually the only ones I have ever tried. Once the new NSC gets some more feedback I am going to give that a try maybe, and even some ZMK (since my job requires 4:30 am shifts no harm in TRYING a bottle). I consider these "treats" to myself lol

karthik
07-04-09, 8:25 pm
I consider myself some what as a vet of the game, but I also keep a low profile, you're not going to see me on myspace or youtube with lifting videos, but I do have a photo of me in Eagle's Gym in Saint Louis, MO deadlifting 575 pounds, at 225, lifting raw, I missed 605 only by 6 inches when it stalled on my knees, but enough of that, all i can say is do what works for you, and always be excited and motivated, anyone or t.v. show, or website that takes that away from you, stay away from them, I hear people always complain about how nasty and cruel people posting on bodybuilding forums, and youtube can be. I got a solution for that, it's also a great highland games event, take your damn computer, outside, and toss it as high as possible in the air or go for distance and try to beat your height and distance every time, this greatly improves your explosiveness needed for strength athletics. Use the computer at the library instead, seriously FUCK THE COMPUTER, and shove it up a goat's ass, go to the gym, go to the mall or park as a social hangout, fuck myspace, fuck youtube, and fuck Xbox 360 and playstation, fuck the T.V. and computer, sell it immediately if you own one, you will make great progress just by doing that alone.

Ironjaw
07-05-09, 12:56 am
but then there would be no more forum for us to pick the minds of many greats....

Kingquads
07-05-09, 1:00 am
I consider myself some what as a vet of the game, but I also keep a low profile, you're not going to see me on myspace or youtube with lifting videos, but I do have a photo of me in Eagle's Gym in Saint Louis, MO deadlifting 575 pounds, at 225, lifting raw, I missed 605 only by 6 inches when it stalled on my knees, but enough of that, all i can say is do what works for you, and always be excited and motivated, anyone or t.v. show, or website that takes that away from you, stay away from them, I hear people always complain about how nasty and cruel people posting on bodybuilding forums, and youtube can be. I got a solution for that, it's also a great highland games event, take your damn computer, outside, and toss it as high as possible in the air or go for distance and try to beat your height and distance every time, this greatly improves your explosiveness needed for strength athletics. Use the computer at the library instead, seriously FUCK THE COMPUTER, and shove it up a goat's ass, go to the gym, go to the mall or park as a social hangout, fuck myspace, fuck youtube, and fuck Xbox 360 and playstation, fuck the T.V. and computer, sell it immediately if you own one, you will make great progress just by doing that alone.

xbox 360 is the next greatest thing besides a barbell.

Kingquads
07-05-09, 1:01 am
I myself am nooooo genius, and I am only turning twenty this coming tuesday, but I really want to share something.
I, and elders everywhere see a lot of young guys come here, asking about alot of...well, in a way "useless" stuff. I was once one of them, and probably still am haha. But there is one thing I have learned:

for all you guys who are 15-18 and asking abouts supps and shit, fuck that! I wish I had started training and eating right earlier. I started training in gr11 but never ate properly and trained HARD until this year and I have already put on 15 lbs. The only supps I use are whey, pak, uni-liver and FOOD! at this age guys you don't need ANYTHING besides that! even the protein is a luxury (you could just eat a nice clean meal after a workout)
if your 15,16 or whatever and you want to get big go for it guys! lift hard and eat big and well! you WILL see results because your body is producing its own performance enhancers. When I say train hard, I mean HARD. I used to think I trained hard but I was so fucking wrong. You wanna see hard watch Dorian Yates train, that is some intense shit! watch Wrath, Ox or House, that is HARD. You must learn to push through your bodies natural reaction to pain(by this I do not mean injuries) and get those last few reps in without giving up or using sloppy form.

go for it guys. Whenever I look in the mirror I wished I had started earlier, and I wish we could all learn the easy way how BASIC this game is.... and I just want to share with all you young guys to DO THAT. It doesn't take much, doesn't take the bullshit that all these mags and ads preach. It takes what animal preaches...EFFORT, DETERMINATION and CONSISTENCY!

I hope all you little animals can take something from this. I am a nobody just like you, I ain't no inspirational writer like Gdiesel or Machine, but trust me on this if you want to really become an Animal!

have fun!

yep 100 percent correct

Ironjaw
07-05-09, 1:05 am
xbox 360 is the next greatest thing besides a barbell.

LMAO considering im training to create things like that would have to agree

IronWilson
07-05-09, 1:24 am

Listen to this everyone.

Don't let anyone take your achievements from you. And don't let your online achievements define you. If you post on any forum on the internet, or particularly Youtube (which has become the e-fight capital of the net), don't expect to be taken to kindly.

Oh yeah, and anyone who says that they are "Alpha," is a tool.

karthik
07-05-09, 2:39 am
Listen to this everyone.

Don't let anyone take your achievements from you. And don't let your online achievements define you. If you post on any forum on the internet, or particularly Youtube (which has become the e-fight capital of the net), don't expect to be taken to kindly.

Oh yeah, and anyone who says that they are "Alpha," is a tool.

thanks for that, amen that's what I'm trying to say, use what the greats and those who achieved great success (pro's) do as a reference point, once you get to a good level though, you're going to want to figure out how to become great by yourself, your going to have to do a routine that works for you, this only happens in a training compound, with great lifters around you, and maybe even a great coach/training partner, you ain't gonna achieve anything online, that comes from yourself.

bottomline: USE THE COMPUTER KNOWLEDGE RARELY OR ONCE IN A WHILE FOR RESULTS, the rest you gotta figure out yourself, to achieve gains.

MVP
07-05-09, 4:09 am
Thank God someone said it.

Unfortunately, beginners and younger guys usually join forums in search of a routine or magical supplement that ultimately results in an sarcomplasmic hypertrophy, it's a shame because every bodybuilding forum that dedications sections specifically for training, diet, and supplements involve more questions under supplements than diet and training.

Nutrition is the key to building muscle. Regardless, you can get stronger while losing weight, ultimately indicating signs of no muscle gain. You have to gain weight to gain muscle, when you mention eating a lot of foods to teenagers the first thing they say is "I don't want to get fat". If you're making progress on your lifts and eating a lot of the right foods and giving yourself aerobic exercise, it's a good sign that you're becoming healthy and doing a massive job of putting on mass itself.

Compound movements, progressive resistance and linear increments in calories is what the newer guys should be focused on.

andrewT
07-05-09, 8:50 am
I'm glad I didn't come off as cocky!

If I could, I would go up to every young kid in my gym swinging a 10lb dumbell while curling and show them proper form, and tell them its all about what you eat and not about "how many shakes you have a day of protein man?". They think protein shakes are some magical invention to building muscle! I always say this to them (even though I do have maybe 1-2 shakes a day) I don't use shakes, I eat all my protein, 1.5g/lb of bodyweight, and they go really??? I do this to show them that supplements are not miracles.

it is all about the basics. sure good supplements are always nice to have. But at a young age, building muscle (if done properly) is so attainable, that it often lies right underour noses without us even figuring out how to do it.

oh ya, TV and Video games....I only watch TV to see the weather in the mornings (sometimes some Pinks) but Video games I stopped playing in gr8. I would rather do the real thing!

IronWilson
07-05-09, 12:15 pm
oh ya, TV and Video games....I only watch TV to see the weather in the mornings (sometimes some Pinks) but Video games I stopped playing in gr8. I would rather do the real thing!

Playing video games while doing cardio is awesome!

Ironjaw
07-05-09, 2:15 pm
Playing video games while doing cardio is awesome!

lol multi-tasking?

IronWilson
07-05-09, 4:28 pm
lol multi-tasking?

If you've never played video games while doing cardio, you're missing out. It makes it go a million times faster. Although I wouldn't recommend it while running on a treadmill.

J Wong
07-05-09, 4:35 pm

I don't necessarily agree with the last part of your post. I would like to think I train pretty damn hard, and when I am at home I spend all my time bullshitting on the computer and Xbox 360, and watching TV.

strivin for more
07-05-09, 5:46 pm
haha man thanks, this is the exact shit i keep tellin myself. i think along with food, time and consistancy is another key factor. you cant lift for a few workouts and be putting up 225 or 315 as a teenager new to lifting.

Tartaglia
07-05-09, 5:53 pm
ahhh, i used to be the guy who just trained, and didnt eat right! But ever since i came across this website it made me realise how important diet it to keep on growing. So for everyone who helped me and is still helping me thanks alot