PDA

View Full Version : FlaBouy's No guts/No Glory

FlaBouy
07-06-09, 1:34 pm
Stepping up for the intro.

My background is a sorry one. I am an ex-Marine that allowed 12 hours a day behind a computer screen to wreak havoc on my body in the 25 years since I left the Marines. I love Taco Bell, Burger King, Outback Steakhouse, Dairy Queen, etc, etc.. You get the picture...

Christmas day 2008 I was getting ready to go to the in-laws for festivities, and bent down to tie my shoes, (actually I was sitting down and bending over) when I lost my breathe after tying one shoe. I had to take a break to tie the other. That pissed me off... I was 6' 2" and 292 pounds.

So on January 15th, 2009, I stepped up to being a man again. I have two young daughters and a wife of 16 years to take care of, so I knew I had had ENOUGH!!!

I reached down into my soul and found that old devil dog and brought him back forward. I started cleaning up the diet, I started working out on my treadmill (there is a funny story there) and unhung all the clothes off of my 2 year old Bowflex machine that had never been used...

Long story short, in 60 days I knocked off 35 pounds. I started a weight lifting program after 60 days and I just completed my 10th week of weight training...

I am not the lean, mean fighting machine I was 25 years ago... yet.... but by my 49th birthday on July 27th, unless I am in the ground feeding the worms, I will weigh nearly the same weight I weighed the day I left the Marines...

During this 6 month journey, I have found many things that have kept me grounded.. kept me on a solid foundation. These things I lean on when the day is hard and my mind tells me to quit because I have had made more progress than I could have ever imagined. The biggest thing that keeps me grounded is the iron... It does not care for my excuses... Does not care why I am late... just that I am here.... It watches my effort, and rewards my discipline. It punishes my weakness.

Another thing that keeps me grounded and provides a foundation is the way I start off each morning at 4 a.m. My Animal Pak, Animal Cuts, and Animal Pump is always there waiting.... I scarf down the Cut and Pump with my pre-workout shake and head out for my morning thrashing.... Every morning but Sunday....

I stand before you today at 235 pounds. I eat clean, I squat deep, and I fucking breathe.....

I have run a cut diet for 6 months now on the 15th. A clean one. Chicken, Tuna, Turkey, Salmon, and Tilapia for protein... Oh, and the eggs.... lots of fucking eggs...

I run a 1800 calorie a day baseline of Protein and EFA's.. ( 35G/15G 6 times a day plus pre/post shakes) I add two helpings of green veggies and two helpings of fruit, usually Grapefruit or grapes. The only other caloric intake I have is my post workout carbs... usually 240 calories on training days... I drink nothing but water... lots of it... I quit soda, coffee, tea.. quit anything liquid that has calories... I piss like a russian racehorse

Training...

I workout at 4:30 am on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays. I do cardio at 4:30 am on Tuesday's and Thursdays. I have not missed a training day in nearly 90 days, and that one training session was the day I had to do my bloodwork and was fasting. My lipid profiles, liver, prostate, etc. are nailed.. MY BP is solid....

The road has been long. I started out at 292 pounds and probably 45-50% fat. That now stands at 17% and falling. There have been no shortcuts. Just ball dropping effort with the iron, eating clean, and learning how to train....

Soon I will transition... This freaking cut diet sucks... I am close to the beginning... to stepping up to building muscle... I have protected as much muscle as I could while tossing the fat to the curb, but it has been hard.... My upper body strength sucks... but soon my friends, I can start laying on that slab....

I have paid my dues. I have paid the price of admission these past 6 months. I have shed the weakness. I have shown my discipline. I have proven my desire. I have stood in front of the iron and asked if I am worthy. The face I see looking out of the mirror now thinks so...

We shall see....

I have lurked for a few weeks and have found this site to be what I need. No freaking kids doing prohormones before they can legally drink. No galleries of half naked 20 somethings that my dad would have taken his belt off and beat senseless until they learned respectful and proper means to portray their profiles... No indignant intolerance that someone is not adhering to the flavor of the month supplement in order to feed the wolves that prey on the vanity of our brethren...

Just straight talk. No bullshit, no ego stroking.. just a kick in the ass if needed and an outstretched hand to those that have fallen on their ass.

I respect that. I need to learn how to properly train. To build my exterior to match my interior.... Solid as a rock...

So with this, I will leave my introduction where it lies.... and continue to train... and learn... If you see me stumbling around, do not pass me by. I need help. I am stupid when it comes to training. I will make mistakes. I have a hard head and most times learn the hard way... but make no mistake about it... I learn.... and I will not go away... This shit is now in my blood... I look forward to the burn of workouts to failure... It feels good.. It is progress.

Semper Fi.