PDA

View Full Version : Timk's Journey to the NGA EAST COAST

TimK13
07-06-09, 10:38 pm
Here we go. It's been a quarter century(yup 25 years) since I last competed, but I'm ready to go hard & with a great support team I'm gonna give it all I have to represent Animal at the NGA East Coast on 10/3/09. At 45 y.o. life is busy, but let's get it done.
12 1/2 weeks out. Eating clean, training hard & started cardio 6x/week. body weight at 203, down from 213 off season. Not sure where I'll end up. Just trying to stay full but
conditioned, conditioned, conditioned. Brother Animals, thanks in advance for your support.

C.Coronato
07-07-09, 9:53 am
Nice man. Hows the diet and workouts going?

TimK13
07-07-09, 10:55 pm
up at 5:15am cardio, Tonight my son RK & I went to Greg Longs Gym, home of some of the Philly ABC events & blasted back & rear delts. Mixed it up heavy / medium. lots of row movements + dead lifts & pull downs. Real strong workout & got to see Greg & Dennis Long. Great people who have lived the Animal Lifestyle for better then 40 years.
Trainings going real well. diet is new for me so dialing in protein/carbs/fats is a learning experience but with the guidance of some very accomplished friends Big Ant & DaveK
I feel confident I'll bring the best package possible. Thanks for the reply.
Well just finishing talapia & vegs & cooking meals. Time to hit the shower. 6 1/2 hours till more cardio.

All the Best

TimK13
07-08-09, 9:26 pm
Feeling good. am cadio, food,work,animal supps, chiropractor, more chicken & rest. Trying to get some recovery before blasting am cardio & night time blasting arms & hamstrings. Looking forward to the Jersey ABC in 2 weeks King Dorian style

BigAnt
07-08-09, 9:52 pm
Very cool, you have what it takes to be a champion, and a winner is not designated by a trophy tag...

You will surprise many people!

Conditioing and detail will get you to your goal!

Looking forward to this Journey...

And don't be modest!
This guy works a 40+ work week, is in nursing school, and on top of that has family obligations....spends a lot quality time with them!

Will Lisa help you cook your food? LOL

RK
07-09-09, 4:55 pm
How many 21 year olds get to say that there Dad is gonna be competing in a body building contest? You know i got your back old man and am here for you all the way! Every workout counts and i will always be there to make sure you put that extra 10 pounds on and get that one extra rep.

Seeing you do your thing, pushes me to work harder and harder in and out of the gym with everything i do. Plus who else is gonna be cuttin and cookin your chicken ....LOL!

You excel at everything you do, work, school, home, this is just gonna be another notch on the belt. Not saying that its gonna be easy, but you got all the tools to win.

See you in an hour.....better be ready to slam some weight!

hardworkE
07-09-09, 5:05 pm
Ohhh man. This is going to be a great thing to witness in here. It looks like the comp is set for Sept? Best of luck and I'll be coming along for the ride here on the forvm!

scals
07-09-09, 5:37 pm
I'm in for this. Hope to see ya on Saturday.

Firedrake
07-09-09, 6:53 pm
Here we go. It's been a quarter century(yup 25 years) since I last competed, but I'm ready to go hard & with a great support team I'm gonna give it all I have to represent Animal at the NGA East Coast on 10/3/09. At 45 y.o. life is busy, but let's get it done.
12 1/2 weeks out. Eating clean, training hard & started cardio 6x/week. body weight at 203, down from 213 off season. Not sure where I'll end up. Just trying to stay full but
conditioned, conditioned, conditioned. Brother Animals, thanks in advance for your support.

Congratulations on getting out there! I'm coming back to the weights after four major surgeries in 5 years, looking to compete next year at the LA Championships. I'll be 56, and I haven't stepped on a bodybuilding stage since I was 18!

I'm going to keep an eye on your conditioning and cutting strategies; I've come from 34% to 16.4% BF since last August, and I'm going to need help once I come off the next few months' mass cycle. <grin> I got into Rage's contest, and will be focusing on that for the next 12 weeks, at least.

Subbed!

Tartaglia
07-09-09, 7:15 pm
Congrats Timk, it's crazy your going back to competing. I think thats awesome man! Good luck with training and diet. Ill be looking foward to reading your journey, Many people will be along side you and supporting you!

Massimo Tartaglia

Hollow
07-09-09, 9:05 pm
Great to see you've got a journey on the go. Wishing you the very best!

TimK13
07-09-09, 9:25 pm
Thank you to everyone!!!
Your posts are great motivaters. Cardio this a.m. & just got back from Better Bodies.'
Trying something different, added a second hamstring day + arms. Trained hamstrings with my cousin Dave K (who is competing at Masters Nationals next week. Hope those other heavy weights are on their game, because he is really looking awesome)
leg curls, stiff leg d.l., adductor, abductor, then trained tri's push downs, weighted dips,
dumbell skull crushers. bi's dumbell preachers, straight bb curls, hammer curls.
added bcca's & waxy maze pre & post.
9:20pm time to cook for Friday.
Feeling like a winner already

Firedrake
07-09-09, 9:28 pm
Wow -- the family that trains together, wins together?

Very cool -- my family mostly looks at me funny when I talk about training.

TimK13
07-11-09, 9:11 am
Thats one thing I have always had is family support. when I was a kid I competed in swimming all year round & my parents drove all over. When I started lifting at a real gym my parents drove me for the first year 5-6 days a week & never complained. I told my Dad (78 years old) that I was going to compete again & he was really happy. When you do something that makes you happy, is good for you (for the most part) & drives you to be a better person/athlete, you would think that would be enough to support you.
My wife of 23 years supports what I am doing (doesn't understand why I'm doing it)
Besides, my 21 y.o. RK is there kicking my ass everytime he has a chance.

Life is good. Friday was cardio, abs & calves.
Good night sleep & ready for cardio & to have a killer shoulder session.
Big Ant called last night & as always gave great advise & support.

Everybody have a great workout!

scals
07-11-09, 6:00 pm
See you tomorrow at Better Bodies. It's leg day.

Tartaglia
07-11-09, 7:27 pm
Good shit Timk. I find it crazy that your whole family supports you and understand. I dont think i wanna go into competitive bodybuilding like you, but i love to train. My parents dont get why me and my brother do it. Especially my nonna. She complains about all the hours i do in the gym i should be ,but shes old school haha. Good luck on your training!

Massimo Tartaglia

TimK13
07-12-09, 8:58 pm
Regardless of weather your family understands or not, they will be proud of you. A bodybuilder/weight lifter shows self control, dedication, work ethic, just to name a few.
all are great life lessons & transferable skills to everything you do.

Today was leg day. Was supposed to train with RK & Scals (up from W Va.)
Steve, sounds like you guys had a great workout. Sorry I had to train early, but I hope you make it back soon & we'll get together. you're a BEAST!

Good training day. 20 min on stationary bike
Leg extensions, Squats 2 wu, 2x12, 2x 10 then drop set 8/8/12
leg curls (hamstrigs still fried from Thursday,
2 sets of walking db lungs
1 last set of ext to failure.
calf raises 6 sets of 15 (30 sec rest)

food, power nap then
50 min biking outside. Perfect weather

Monday = day off from cardio. Big Back day

Stay Strong

TimK13
07-13-09, 9:43 pm
Monday

day off from am cardio (6 days/week)
good food day(didn't miss any)
Chest at Better Bodies with RK.
db bench 20,15,12,12,10,10,8
incline fly
declines on smith machine 20,12,10,8
pec deck fly 4x
iso lateral incline 2x
Abs

Tuesday am cardio & Back day at Greg Longs Gym

RK
07-13-09, 10:01 pm
Good day today pops! Very strong with those 100 pound DB presses and the 275 decline press! Get ready for a big back day down at longs!

TimK13
07-15-09, 10:03 pm
Good day today pops! Very strong with those 100 pound DB presses and the 275 decline press! Get ready for a big back day down at longs!

Yea buddy! Actually feeling stronger & hard to describe but just better, denser. Getting excited that my body is starting to respond to the cardio & clean diet.

7/14 Trained Back & rear delts at Long's Gym. Really strong workout. Great mind/muscle connection. am & pm cardio

7/15 Arms & pm cardio at better bodies with RK. Really fried them.
Tri's close grip on Smith. 135,185,225,275 with a drop
overhead rope extensions s/s with dips
db kick backs

Bi's straight bar curls 4 sets with a drop on last
preacher curls with negatives on last
hammer curls.

pm cardio
calfs

BigAnt
07-15-09, 11:05 pm
workous looking very solid.....

TimK13
07-17-09, 8:42 pm
Thursday
a.m. cardio with hamstrings. Trying to get the Big Ant sweep.

Friday
a.m. cardio & abs

Resting up for the Jersey ABC on Saturday. Shoulders,abs, & cardio. OHHH Yeaaa!!!
It's going to be a GREAT DAY

TimK13
07-17-09, 8:46 pm
workous looking very solid.....

Thanks Big Ant! I was worried the 6x/week cardio was going cause me to drop weight too fast, but in following your advise on diet, it's working body weight in am was 199.2
but I feel I'm on track. 11 weeks out from tommorow

TimK13
07-19-09, 6:17 pm
On Saturday went to the Jersey ABC. Great time. Stong shoulder/trap training with RK
Got some pics with Evan C. & the King Dorian Yates.
Thanks Big Ant for driving & sharing your knowledge. Always a great time.

Sunday. bw 198.8. feeling good. Hard work is paying off
trained at Better Bodies. started with 25 min on the bike
then 6 sets leg curls, wu on hack squat, then squats. 135,135, 225,275 then 225 on rep 4 felt something pop from the inside of my right knee to groin. Not good
tried to walk it off. attempted a light set of hacks but some pulling in my right adductor
trained calves, then did some light leg ext.

no bruising so I think it's just i sprain/strain. Ice, advil & more ice.

We'll see what Monday brings

Firedrake
07-19-09, 8:01 pm
Take care of it! The -better- you take care of it, the faster it'll heal.

BigAnt
07-19-09, 10:26 pm
On Saturday went to the Jersey ABC. Great time. Stong shoulder/trap training with RK
Got some pics with Evan C. & the King Dorian Yates.
Thanks Big Ant for driving & sharing your knowledge. Always a great time.

Sunday. bw 198.8. feeling good. Hard work is paying off
trained at Better Bodies. started with 25 min on the bike
then 6 sets leg curls, wu on hack squat, then squats. 135,135, 225,275 then 225 on rep 4 felt something pop from the inside of my right knee to groin. Not good
tried to walk it off. attempted a light set of hacks but some pulling in my right adductor
trained calves, then did some light leg ext.

no bruising so I think it's just i sprain/strain. Ice, advil & more ice.

We'll see what Monday brings
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WELCOME TO MY WORLD!

The joys of training for a contest when the age is over 40!

Yeah we get banged up from time to time, gotta know when to coast, go full throttle or take off.....

If no brusing-and you are correct--probably a sprain/strain--ice and ice and more ice 20 minutes on...Maybe invest in a pair of neoprene knee sleeves...I always wear mine...remember our conversation on the ride up to NJ.

You will be fine in several days, you have strong character and a desire to be the best...these tools WILL give you what you are aiming for!

TimK13
07-20-09, 9:55 pm
Take care of it! The -better- you take care of it, the faster it'll heal.

Thanks for the post! Today was my off day from training & cardio. the adductor just feels strained. walking a little tender, but I'll be back at the eliptical in about 7 hours & feel it out. Take care

TimK13
07-20-09, 10:00 pm
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WELCOME TO MY WORLD!

The joys of training for a contest when the age is over 40!

Yeah we get banged up from time to time, gotta know when to coast, go full throttle or take off.....

If no brusing-and you are correct--probably a sprain/strain--ice and ice and more ice 20 minutes on...Maybe invest in a pair of neoprene knee sleeves...I always wear mine...remember our conversation on the ride up to NJ.

You will be fine in several days, you have strong character and a desire to be the best...these tools WILL give you what you are aiming for!

Thanks for the advise. feeling alittle better today. Ryan is going to pick me up the neopremes tuesday, so i'll be set. Eliptical in the a.m. as long as I feel good. + some icey hot. It will be good to circulate some blood through it then ice.
Theres always a way to work around it & get the job done. Been doing this too long let it slow me down.

hardworkE
07-21-09, 9:32 am
Glad to hear you are healing up pretty quick. At least we all know you are training as hard as possible, keep being smart like we know you will and this should be a great story in here...

TimK13
07-22-09, 10:01 pm
Glad to hear you are healing up pretty quick. At least we all know you are training as hard as possible, keep being smart like we know you will and this should be a great story in here...

Thanks for the post. Adductor feeling alittle better. we missed you at the Jersey ABC.
Hopefully they'll have another in September & we could train together.

Stay Strong!

TimK13
07-22-09, 10:11 pm
GOOD NEWS UPS just dropped off the NEW version of Animal CUTS.
My diet has been very good & things are moving along. 10 1/2 weeks out from the
East Coast. I've never tried a fat burner, but it's time to get SHREDED.
So Animals I'll get some before pic's up & give some feedback on my experience.
I expect great things.

Trained Back, rear delts & abs at Better Bodies. My strained adductor made me change up my back training. no dead lifts today. no bent over rows.
instead Chins, hammer strength low row, 1 arm row, stiff arm pull down, then 2 sets of
low pulley row slow just to burn it up. 16 sets.
4 sets rear laterals then abs.

Felt good, just different.

S. Clarida
07-23-09, 8:40 am
GOOD NEWS UPS just dropped off the NEW version of Animal CUTS.
My diet has been very good & things are moving along. 10 1/2 weeks out from the
East Coast. I've never tried a fat burner, but it's time to get SHREDED.
So Animals I'll get some before pic's up & give some feedback on my experience.
I expect great things.

Trained Back, rear delts & abs at Better Bodies. My strained adductor made me change up my back training. no dead lifts today. no bent over rows.
instead Chins, hammer strength low row, 1 arm row, stiff arm pull down, then 2 sets of
low pulley row slow just to burn it up. 16 sets.
4 sets rear laterals then abs.

Felt good, just different.

Great sessions Tim! Keep fighting thru the pain. I see pain as my competitor, trying to hold me back!

I love when I come home and see boxes at my door! Feels like christmas for me...lol

GK

RK
07-23-09, 9:23 pm
good arm day old man! looks like i cant use the excuse that u weigh more than me on the dip machine anymore LOL Gotta keep hammering it down and pushin through those tough reps. Have def seen a difference in your training since you decided to compete again.....gotta love the hunger to be bigger and better!

TimK13
07-23-09, 10:22 pm
Great sessions Tim! Keep fighting thru the pain. I see pain as my competitor, trying to hold me back!

I love when I come home and see boxes at my door! Feels like christmas for me...lol

GK

Yea Buddy! I feel the same way, when a wall gets put in my way, I pray about it, make sure I got my focus on the right things, then put my head down & knock that wall down.
There many roads to reach your goal. Thanks for the encouragement.

Tim

TimK13
07-23-09, 10:27 pm
good arm day old man! looks like i cant use the excuse that u weigh more than me on the dip machine anymore LOL Gotta keep hammering it down and pushin through those tough reps. Have def seen a difference in your training since you decided to compete again.....gotta love the hunger to be bigger and better!

100% commitment. Once I make up my mind, whether its going back to school or competing, it's all or nothing.

It's ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!! Win or lose is irrelavent. I will be the best I can be. Thanks for pushing me.

naturalguy
07-24-09, 8:42 am
This is very motivating Tim, to see you making a comeback after 25 years is pretty cool.

It must be really special to share this with you son. I wish my dad was into training when I was younger and could have trained with him.

S. Clarida
07-24-09, 9:43 am
Hey Tim,

I 1st have to agree with NG on this being a great story and even better one to be sharing with your son! Welcome Back!

The knee is still bad...but I think it may be that my diet is so strict right now and I am training hard, esp my legs, so it's taking a bit of beating. But, that's not stoping me. I just pray it will get me thru these next few days!

Keep pushin!

GK

Tartaglia
07-24-09, 4:18 pm
TIM your an inspirtation. I have to tell my dad about you. Good luck with the training

TimK13
07-24-09, 7:59 pm
This is very motivating Tim, to see you making a comeback after 25 years is pretty cool.

It must be really special to share this with you son. I wish my dad was into training when I was younger and could have trained with him.

Thanks Eric,

I really am blessed, I have a great family & friends.
My Animal family is also a big reason to keep pushing. Thanks to Universal I really feel good about my progress & prep.

Tim

TimK13
07-24-09, 8:04 pm
Hey Tim,

I 1st have to agree with NG on this being a great story and even better one to be sharing with your son! Welcome Back!

The knee is still bad...but I think it may be that my diet is so strict right now and I am training hard, esp my legs, so it's taking a bit of beating. But, that's not stoping me. I just pray it will get me thru these next few days!

Keep pushin!

GK
Keep blasting those hamstrings, In my past life I have a BS in Exercise Physiology, Your power balance quads to hams should be no more than 2:1. If you are like most your quads might also be over powering your hams & stressing out your knees. All the BEST

Tim

TimK13
07-24-09, 8:06 pm
TIM your an inspirtation. I have to tell my dad about you. Good luck with the training

Talk to your Dad. That would be great if you could train together. It's much bigger then the training.

Good Luck in all you do

Tim

Firedrake
07-24-09, 9:09 pm
100% commitment. Once I make up my mind, whether its going back to school or competing, it's all or nothing.

It's ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!! Win or lose is irrelavent. I will be the best I can be. Thanks for pushing me.

You are SO lucky, Tim! I mean, we push each other here on the Forum, and some of us have training partners, but this is so wonderful.

I'm sure I'd work even harder if I had a son to goad me further -- mind you, some of the "kids" in the SoCal crew come close to being young enough to be my son.

I'm really looking forward to watching your progress -- then you can goad me as I prepare for my show next year!

scals
07-25-09, 12:31 pm
Hope everything is going according to plan Tim.

TimK13
07-26-09, 7:26 am
You are SO lucky, Tim! I mean, we push each other here on the Forum, and some of us have training partners, but this is so wonderful.

I'm sure I'd work even harder if I had a son to goad me further -- mind you, some of the "kids" in the SoCal crew come close to being young enough to be my son.

I'm really looking forward to watching your progress -- then you can goad me as I prepare for my show next year!

I am very lucky. I'm a little concerned from a training stand point come 8/14 when Ryan goes back to school. He plans on coming home every 3 weeks for the weekend to check up on me ( & to refill his refridgerator). I have no problem keeping up intensity, just grinding out the last couple reps can be hard without a spotter. But you just adapt.

Have you picked a contest for 2010? Thats awesome. I found it much easier to diet & train when I finally made the commitment. All the BEST in your prep & I will be watching your journey

Tim

TimK13
07-26-09, 7:41 am
Hope everything is going according to plan Tim.

Steve,

All is well ( right adductor still not great) I got a little screwed up in the head on Friday, just not sure what my next step was, but after talking to Big Ant, I feel really good & on track for October 3rd.
What a giant swing in emotion & confidence, when you have someone the caliber (knowledge,character & experience) of Ant, as a friend. Life is Good.
Hope all is well in WV. Are you coming up to see that Jersey show on 8/28?

Tim

TimK13
07-26-09, 7:50 am
Saturday: up'd cardio to 35 min.
Delts & traps at Better Bodies (solo)
felt real strong
db presses 20,15,12,12,10,6/12 drop
side lateral
ss db front raises/machine prsses

db shrugs, cable behind the back shrugs, hammer strength rear shrugs (trying to hit lower traps/rhomboid)

Sunday is leg day. not sure what I'll do. Just going to try to work around the adductor.
Yea! no cardio today

scals
07-26-09, 11:30 am
Good to see your on track. Take care of that adductor. I won't be at the show. I will be in Philly from 8/15 to 8/24 so we'll have to try to grab a workout or 2 in there.

RK
07-26-09, 9:07 pm
Looks like you will do just fine when i go back to school! Just always gotta hear my voice tellin you to DIG and get some mroe reps!

Firedrake
07-26-09, 9:17 pm
I am very lucky. I'm a little concerned from a training stand point come 8/14 when Ryan goes back to school. He plans on coming home every 3 weeks for the weekend to check up on me ( & to refill his refridgerator). I have no problem keeping up intensity, just grinding out the last couple reps can be hard without a spotter. But you just adapt.

Have you picked a contest for 2010? Thats awesome. I found it much easier to diet & train when I finally made the commitment. All the BEST in your prep & I will be watching your journey

Tim

I'm headed for the L.A. Bodybuilding Championships in July next year. I went this year and feel pretty certain that I can beat the Over-50 crowd. I have become very aware of just how many weeks I have to get the package together.

I'm just very conscious that even during a mass-building phase, I have to watch the BF real carefully. I've come from 34% bodyfat to 16% since this time last year. I need, obviously, to drop another 10% to be competitive, but I'm not going to do that during a bulk, even a clean one. I need a lot more mass all over before I start cutting.

Thanks for -your- support, and I'll be watching what you do real carefully.

That was some good work yesterday!

TimK13
07-28-09, 10:28 pm
Good to see your on track. Take care of that adductor. I won't be at the show. I will be in Philly from 8/15 to 8/24 so we'll have to try to grab a workout or 2 in there.

I'll get your cell# from Ryan. He's talking about leaving for school on 8/13. My other son Jeff has move in day 8/15. My wife & I are leaving for Maine on 8/16 & I think we're coming home the 22nd. (I have a gym lined up in Maine). Big Ant's son's batism is the 23rd. So hooking up for a workout might be tough but let's keep in open.

How's your training. Any thoughts on a contest for 2010?

TimK13
07-28-09, 10:43 pm
Hey Animals,

Monday was a.m. cardio 35 min
then Back, rear delts & abs in the pm
Felt good but was smoked by the end
low pull hammer strength rows
T bar rows 20,15,12,10, then drop 8,10,12
reverse grip smith rows
1 arm rows
wide pull downs

rear delt machine 4x
high cable pulls

abs

Tuesday was an off day.
Just felt wiped out & achy. Decided to pass on cardio today
body weight 195.0 this a.m.

Been on Cuts for 6 days. so far so good. I take out the blue ones (diuretic) as I'm too far out to be worried about water. Cuts is a 21 day program then take at least a week off then cycle again. two packs per day. 1st when you get up the another 4-6 hours after
I have never used a fat burner before, so I was worried about getting the gitters from the stims. I def feel energized, focused (cardio & at work) & on weekends I train in the am
so feel Jacked. I'll give more feedback as I move forward. This Prep is no Joke.
It takes total commitment. Diet, food prep, cardio, trainging & Animal supps.
No Magic, just hard work, dedication & proper guidance.

Wednesday will be cardio, chest & calf

BigAnt
07-31-09, 8:14 pm
When Ryan goes back to school, I know this old guy who has a pretty decent
home-basemet gym that will throw the weights around with you...

TimK13
08-01-09, 8:07 pm
When Ryan goes back to school, I know this old guy who has a pretty decent
home-basemet gym that will throw the weights around with you...

I'll take that invite!!!!!!! I check email next & lets get a schedule together that will work for us (& keep the Lisa's happy or at least off our backs) even if its only 1-2/week.

TimK13
08-01-09, 8:19 pm
body weight this am 195.6? was 194 yesterday? Staying clean on the plan not sure why the weight went up. both days dead empty in am. Who well staying the course.
Last week on CUTS then 2 weeks off then back on. Def getting harder, more vascular, staying full.
My Mom passed away in May, so my wife & I were at my Dads house working outside prepping the house for sale. Really hot & sweated my ass off. tryied to stay hydrated but
paid the price.

trained delts, traps & calves with RK. Thought I would be a mess but surprisingly real strong.

wu then behind the neck presses on Smith 25,15,12,10,6-10 drop
ss dumbell press/side lateral 3x
front raises
high pulls off the bottom row
behind the back cable shrugs
bb shrugs
standing calf
calf machine

spanked.

Sunday = Leg Day, adductor feels pretty good. we'll stress test it tommorow. Keep your fingers crossed

TimK13
08-01-09, 8:45 pm
In the mail today I received a signed autographed photo from Jay Cutler wishing me luck on the NGA EAST Coast.

Thanks Ryan!

RK
08-01-09, 10:44 pm
In the mail today I received a signed autographed photo from Jay Cutler wishing me luck on the NGA EAST Coast.

Thanks Ryan!

No prob old man! we all need that little extra sometime to splash some gasoline on the fire. Glad you like it, you deserve it.

scals
08-02-09, 12:44 am
What a kid ya got here! Nice looking workouts. 9 weeks to glory.

TimK13
08-02-09, 9:50 pm
What a kid ya got here! Nice looking workouts. 9 weeks to glory.

My wife & I are really blessed. We don't always agree, but thats life.

I can't wait. Just to see the final product of hard work,diet, sacrifice. Then food other then chicken,fish,oats,egg whites,etc.

TimK13
08-02-09, 9:56 pm
cardio & leg day with RK @ Better Bodies

normally don't to cardio on leg day but #1 felt I needed it & #2 wanted to really warm up that adductor. 25 min on treadmill 3.7 = 4% then 10 min on stepper

wu with adductor/abductor,
leg curls 3x
leg press 5x
leg curls again 3x
hack squats 20,15,12 then drop set 8,10,15

lots of icey hot & bought neoprene knee wraps. adductor felt good & very happy with the workout. should be good & sore tommorow.

TimK13
08-02-09, 9:58 pm
body weight this am 195.6? was 194 yesterday? Staying clean on the plan not sure why the weight went up. both days dead empty in am. Who well staying the course.
Last week on CUTS then 2 weeks off then back on. Def getting harder, more vascular, staying full.
My Mom passed away in May, so my wife & I were at my Dads house working outside prepping the house for sale. Really hot & sweated my ass off. tryied to stay hydrated but
paid the price.

trained delts, traps & calves with RK. Thought I would be a mess but surprisingly real strong.

wu then behind the neck presses on Smith 25,15,12,10,6-10 drop
ss dumbell press/side lateral 3x
front raises
high pulls off the bottom row
behind the back cable shrugs
bb shrugs
standing calf
calf machine

spanked.

Sunday = Leg Day, adductor feels pretty good. we'll stress test it tommorow. Keep your fingers crossed

Actually 10 days into Cuts. 11 to go

scals
08-02-09, 10:25 pm
Any thoughts on a contest for 2010?

NPC Natural Mid-Atlantic and NGA Mr. Philadelphia.

TimK13
08-03-09, 9:49 pm
NPC Natural Mid-Atlantic and NGA Mr. Philadelphia.

sounds like a plan. plenty of time to for a strong off season, then mid February start the prep. Ryan & I will be there to cheer you on

TimK13
08-03-09, 9:54 pm
Monday

am cardio

pm chest at BB with RK.

Shitty day at work = STONG day at the gym.
tried something different from Jay Cutler one step closer

couple wu sets then
db benches 75x15,90x10, 105x8
decline bb 185,225,225-135 drop
smith inclines 3x
dips bw,+35,+105/bw drop
pec deck 3x
abs

time to eat the last meal orange ruffy & spinich

TimK13
08-05-09, 8:45 pm
Tuesday

33min am cardio

back, rear delts, calf at Greg Longs Gym

lots of rows to work on thickness. Get that Notchy look

chins
supported t bar wide grip 3x
dead lifts 135,135,225,275
under hand grip bent over bb rows 3x
hammer stregth low rows 4x
more t bars 2x15 to get that detail

high pulls
bent over laterals

standing calf raise 3x, leg press calf 3x, seated 3x

+15 min cardio tm

TimK13
08-05-09, 8:50 pm
Wednesday off day

feeling torn up. elbow tendonitis & just spanked.
day to heal up

bw 193.6

diet staying strict. Training with Big Ant on saturday, looking for confirmation on track or time for adjustments

scals
08-05-09, 9:27 pm
Back session looked good brother. Keep up the great work.

TimK13
08-09-09, 6:18 pm
Back session looked good brother. Keep up the great work.

Thanks Steve

Training at Longs is always motivating. That Old School mentality just gets you jacked.

TimK13
08-09-09, 6:28 pm
BW 191.6

training & diet still on track.
8/6 trained shoulders at BB with RK.
military press on smith 4x
machine side laterals ss with barbell upright rows 3x
machine shoulder press 3x
db front raises3x
db side laterals 2x

traps.
db shrugs 5x
hammer strength 2x

calfs

8/7 cardio

8/8 am cardio 35 min
trained arms at Big Ant's home gym with Ant & RK
Great session.

8/9
leg day

lying leg curls 4x
adductor & abductor 2x
leg ext 20,15,12,12
squats on Smitn. 2 sets 135, 185,185,225,225,275, then drop 275,225,135
walking lunges 2 sets
db stiff leg deads 3x

abs

TimK13
08-09-09, 6:29 pm
dropping carbs to 150. for 2 weeks. lets see what happens
feeling good. just need to get shredded

TimK13
08-11-09, 10:21 pm
Monday. BW 190.0
Back day. trained at Better Bodies. My son RK is taking off a week of training & heading back to college on Thursday. So training solo again. Just going to blast it everyday.
Whatever it takes to be the best I can be.
Rows, Rows & more Rows

supported t-bar rows 20,15,12,8, the a drop 8,8,15
rows on the hammer strength shrug machine. 15,10,8 then drop 8,8,10
one arm rows 65x12,85x10,105x7,110x6
bottom rows x 3 Big Sqeeze

abs

cardio

TimK13
08-11-09, 10:27 pm
Tuesday

am cardio

trained at Greg Longs Gym
changed rotation Weider Confusion Principle lol!!!!!!!!!
Trained shoulders & traps

nautilus shoulder press (yup nautilus is still around) 4 sets
side laterals 20,12,8,8
hammer strength presses 15,12,8,7,7 drop 7,8,12
seated side laterals light, slow & sqeeze 3x
front raises 3x

traps
bb shrugs 135,205,255, drop 255,205,135
db shrugs 5x

abs

Firedrake
08-12-09, 12:28 am
Nice work, Tim -- that shoulder day looks particularly brutal.

RK
08-12-09, 1:36 pm
Looking good old guy! Just promise me your not gonna be afraid to go heavy when im gone! You know more than enough people at BB and at Gregs to grab a spot at anytime. Especially for chest day!! Your strong as shit on your presses and i want to see it on here. 110 DB's??? paper weight!

TimK13
08-24-09, 9:29 pm
Been on vacation in Maine. Trained at a good gym at MDI YMCA. new cybex, power rack,
dumbells to 100's, cardio etc.
diet stayed strong. as we stayed with friends who rented a knocked out house full kitchen.
It was awesome training with no work or time constraints. cardio & training in am & biking or mountain hiking/climbing at Arcadia National Park. Life does not get much better then that. The only thing that sucked was all the temptations with food & beer. I was good but man would I love to not have been on a contest prep. My wife & friends were very supportive in making sure I got my meals in.

scals
08-24-09, 9:35 pm
Sounds like a great time Tim. Glad you enjoyed your vacation. Keep working hard.

TimK13
08-24-09, 9:40 pm
a.m. cardio.
Chest at BB.
dumbell incl wu + 60,70,80,90's
ascending set flat flys 30,40,50,60 x 10 2 sets
incl smith 15,10,7
s/s cable crossovers & dips 2 x
db pullovers 2x
abs

my cousin Davek (who placed 7th heavywt at Masters Nationals 2009) gave my some spots

& had him check my progress. Felt good, full, chest getting that tissue look. Feeling better
about my progress.
Staying the course upping cardio a bit.
Starting round 2 of Cuts on Thursday. Excited to see what the next couple weeks will bring. Just need to keep getting those lower abs tight.

S. Clarida
08-25-09, 11:52 am
Nice...somebody is gearing up in here!

Good to get away but good to see you got your workouts in! The best workouts are truly the ones with NO constraints! Eat, train, eat, sleep = THE GOOD LIFE!

Keep it movin in here....nothing short of the top!

GK

RK
08-26-09, 12:48 pm
Looking forward to see your progress next week. Dont stop going heavy and smart! you got plenty of people to spot you and to train with. I hope your posing and routine are coming together. Never stop digging for more!

Firedrake
08-26-09, 5:55 pm
Sounds like you're pulling it together! I can't wait to see the final package!

TimK13
08-26-09, 10:49 pm
Nice...somebody is gearing up in here!

Good to get away but good to see you got your workouts in! The best workouts are truly the ones with NO constraints! Eat, train, eat, sleep = THE GOOD LIFE!

Keep it movin in here....nothing short of the top!

GK

It was great to be away & being with friends & just training at some place different. Makes you try different routines. But it's great to be back home & in routine, as crazy as that can be. Working 55-60hrs/week, training, cooking, trying to be a good husband &
Saturday school starts again. 7 credits = Anatomy & physiology II on saturdays
& sociology on Monday nights. 5 1/2 weeks to go. feeling good. Everything coming along,
just trying to get those abs & low back tight. Any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Tim

TimK13
08-26-09, 10:59 pm
Sounds like you're pulling it together! I can't wait to see the final package!

Thanks!
It seems I'm on track. It will be interesting to see how the next 5 weeks play out. Got to admit even all the work of training, eating, cooking is a freaking 24/7 job, it is really exciting seeing changes & knowing even at this point ,I'm in the best shape of my almost 46 year life. So I feel I've already won. (regardless of where I place) Obviously, I want to win, but just knowing I did it right & will be proud of my years of hard work & prep it's going to be a great time.
How's your off season going? Stay strong, dedicated, work on the weak points, but most of all enjoy the journey

Tim

TimK13
08-26-09, 11:09 pm
Started 2nd round of Cuts today. It makes me feel JACKED. Now that I'm getting close, looking forward to the next three weeks on Cuts & see what the changes will be.
Diet is strong, cardio, training. Just need to find more time to rest & recover.
body weight this am 187.6
am cardio 45 min outside fast walk + 160 reps of walking lunges.
pm Back day. Felt Strong
wu then 3 sets close pull downs
ascending set db rows 25,35,45,55. 40,50
one arm rows 75,105,115
supported t bar 3x
underhand bent rows on Smith 135,185, 185 drop 135
dead lifts 135x12, 225 x 8, 315x4 drop 225 x 6
calfs

RK
08-26-09, 11:18 pm
Good session pops! way to build a better back...and i forgive u for not responding to my post LOL

S. Clarida
08-27-09, 11:48 am
It was great to be away & being with friends & just training at some place different. Makes you try different routines. But it's great to be back home & in routine, as crazy as that can be. Working 55-60hrs/week, training, cooking, trying to be a good husband &
Saturday school starts again. 7 credits = Anatomy & physiology II on saturdays
& sociology on Monday nights. 5 1/2 weeks to go. feeling good. Everything coming along,
just trying to get those abs & low back tight. Any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Tim

Got a full plate there!

Most importantly is to stay on the diet/cardio extra hard, esp going into those last few weeks. Bump the cardio up if you have to. If you look in the mirror and your not satisfied with how you look, train harder. If you look in the mirror and you ARE satisified..keep training hard.

To be honest, my abs never full look great until the day of the show. I have been doing lot of lower back work to try to tighten mine as well; rack pulls, hypers and machine hypers. Squeezing each rep. My rep range for hypers is always 15-20 range.

TimK13
08-28-09, 10:20 pm
Got a full plate there!

Most importantly is to stay on the diet/cardio extra hard, esp going into those last few weeks. Bump the cardio up if you have to. If you look in the mirror and your not satisfied with how you look, train harder. If you look in the mirror and you ARE satisified..keep training hard.

To be honest, my abs never full look great until the day of the show. I have been doing lot of lower back work to try to tighten mine as well; rack pulls, hypers and machine hypers. Squeezing each rep. My rep range for hypers is always 15-20 range.

GK

thanks for the tips. I will put this advise into action. Only 5 weeks to go & man its going fast. What is your rep/set/exercise favorites for abs.

Thanks

Tim

TimK13
08-28-09, 10:30 pm
The count down continues
BW 187.2

Trained shoulders last night with 45 cardio in am
tonight 30 min cardio & Arms at my home gym
Super set day. bi's & tri's
barbell curls & push downs
close grip pull downs & close grip bench
hammer curls & skull crushers
reverse curls & more skull crushers

Feel great!!!!!!! Just need more detail.
going to GK's advise & increase cardio to am & pm & keep finding ways to train even harder

Firedrake
08-29-09, 1:04 am
Thanks!
It seems I'm on track. It will be interesting to see how the next 5 weeks play out. Got to admit even all the work of training, eating, cooking is a freaking 24/7 job, it is really exciting seeing changes & knowing even at this point ,I'm in the best shape of my almost 46 year life. So I feel I've already won. (regardless of where I place) Obviously, I want to win, but just knowing I did it right & will be proud of my years of hard work & prep it's going to be a great time.
How's your off season going? Stay strong, dedicated, work on the weak points, but most of all enjoy the journey

Tim

Truth to tell, I'm having a great deal of fun packing on mass in the off season. According to the hydrostatic body composition test I had last week, I put on 8.2 lbs. of solid muscle in the first five weeks of Rage's "Iron Contest". I'm certainly in the best shape in a long time at age 55. I'm planning on putting on mass till February, then start my cut for the Over-50 class of the L. A. Bodybuilding Championships in July.

I'm really looking forward to seeing your pics! Thanks for sharing your Journey!

S. Clarida
08-29-09, 10:05 am
GK

thanks for the tips. I will put this advise into action. Only 5 weeks to go & man its going fast. What is your rep/set/exercise favorites for abs.

Thanks

Tim

When I get closer, I like to do at least 3-4 exercises, daily. rep range 12-15. I vary my exercises each day.

TimK13
08-30-09, 2:48 pm
Truth to tell, I'm having a great deal of fun packing on mass in the off season. According to the hydrostatic body composition test I had last week, I put on 8.2 lbs. of solid muscle in the first five weeks of Rage's "Iron Contest". I'm certainly in the best shape in a long time at age 55. I'm planning on putting on mass till February, then start my cut for the Over-50 class of the L. A. Bodybuilding Championships in July.

I'm really looking forward to seeing your pics! Thanks for sharing your Journey!

Nice Gains. I'll have to try that program off season. to be able to pack on that kind of muscle after years of training is awesome. Sounds like you have a great plan.
All the best

TimK13
08-30-09, 2:54 pm
Started the fall semester yesterday & almost crapped myself. the course outline showed a test & lab practicum on 10/3 (date of show) I had cleared this date with my professor over the summer so I wouldnt have a problem. Long story short, I spoke to my prof & she was very supportive of my competing & will make special arrangements to take the test with no penalty. What a relief.
Training Legs with Big Ant tonight at 6pm. Alittle nervous (He's brutal especially Leg Day)
Its all good.

scals
08-30-09, 6:04 pm
Glad to see you got your test worked out. Ant brutal on leg day??? Understatment.

BigAnt
08-30-09, 9:40 pm
Glad to see you got your test worked out. Ant brutal on leg day??? Understatment.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Leg day...Scals u should of been there! LOL

BigAnt
08-31-09, 9:18 pm
Tim, how does your lower body feel....how did you like the garage to curb/back walking lunges?

scals
08-31-09, 9:53 pm
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Leg day...Scals u should of been there! LOL

I wish I coulda been. Next time!

TimK13
08-31-09, 10:19 pm
Tim, how does your lower body feel....how did you like the garage to curb/back walking lunges?

Leg Day with Big Ant. I need not explain. That man is so freaking strong (leg presses with over 1200 lbs) Made me feel like a child. Needless to say my legs are destroyed.

Got home last night at 9pm. got up a 5am & trained chest in my basement gym then
40 min cardio walk/jog/walk. Haven't trained that early for a while. some +'s & -'s
but due to my work & school schedule you gotta do what ya gotta do.
Tuesday will be am cardio & hopefully get some of this lactic acid out of my legs
then Back day at Better Bodies & evening cardio.
dropping carbs to 100g & 2 sessions of cardio. Trying to get that Shrink Wrapped conditioning. less then 5 weeks so we'll see how this old body reacts

BigAnt
09-01-09, 7:43 pm
Leg Day with Big Ant. I need not explain. That man is so freaking strong (leg presses with over 1200 lbs) Made me feel like a child. Needless to say my legs are destroyed.

Got home last night at 9pm. got up a 5am & trained chest in my basement gym then
40 min cardio walk/jog/walk. Haven't trained that early for a while. some +'s & -'s
but due to my work & school schedule you gotta do what ya gotta do.
Tuesday will be am cardio & hopefully get some of this lactic acid out of my legs
then Back day at Better Bodies & evening cardio.
dropping carbs to 100g & 2 sessions of cardio. Trying to get that Shrink Wrapped conditioning. less then 5 weeks so we'll see how this old body reacts
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sounds good!

TimK13
09-02-09, 10:36 pm
9/1 am cardio 40min, evening abs, Back day,evening cardio & tan
ABs high cable crunches, hanging leg raises, cable seratus crunches, hs ab machine
Back
assisted chins
Rack pulls 135,135,225,225,315
1 arm db rows, 65,90,105
smith rows x 3
bottom rows 4 sets x 12 30 sec rest

9/2 Off Day (yea Right) 65 min cardio, abs & calf in my basement gym

Staying strong considering low carbs.

looking forward to RK being home for the weekend & getting some feedback on my condition
he's been at school for 3 weeks.

Firedrake
09-02-09, 10:43 pm
Lookin' good, Tim! I can only imagine working legs with B.A.

Today was supposed to be my off day, too, but then I went and did abs, calves and forearms.

Then tonight I started learning how to pose with Rage -- damn. Trying to remember which things to squeeze or flex when is hard work! I was WIPED when we were done.

Your work is gonna pay off soon!

S. Clarida
09-03-09, 4:41 am
Great Work!!!

I gotta get to ant's for a leg session soon! Im jealous of all you guys that have gyms in your basements. Make's life easier, I bet. It's about 4:40 am now and Im headed to the gym to do cardio.

Keep it going in here!

GK

TimK13
09-03-09, 11:28 pm
Lookin' good, Tim! I can only imagine working legs with B.A.

Today was supposed to be my off day, too, but then I went and did abs, calves and forearms.

Then tonight I started learning how to pose with Rage -- damn. Trying to remember which things to squeeze or flex when is hard work! I was WIPED when we were done.

Your work is gonna pay off soon!
Amen to that Big Man.
I really need to get that into my daily routine. You can look great but if you can't pose or
keep it tight while looking relaxed your not going to look the part of a champion.

TimK13
09-03-09, 11:32 pm
Great Work!!!

I gotta get to ant's for a leg session soon! Im jealous of all you guys that have gyms in your basements. Make's life easier, I bet. It's about 4:40 am now and Im headed to the gym to do cardio.

Keep it going in here!

GK

Just following your example. 4 weeks & 2 days. I started training abs everyday. You got me thinking. I have ignored abs for so long, it may be more lack of development. So they have my attention now. Between diet & training hopefully I'll get them dialed in.
Thanks

Tim

TimK13
09-03-09, 11:39 pm
Cardio this am 40 min. walk/run/walk/lunges/walk etc. 170 reps of walking lunges
trying to bring out those hams & carve the quads
evening at Better Bodies
Arms

straight bar push downs wu,15,12,10,8,8
close grip bench 3x
skull crushers 15,12,7,7,7
hs dip machine. 15,12,10,10
1 arm seated ext 3x

Bi's
straight bar curls 4x
db preachers
reverse straight bar curl 3x
hammer curls 12,10,10 then drop 7,10,10

Abs hanging leg raises, cruches, hyper ext,

pm cardio 22 min (62 for the day)

tan.

bw 184.6 this am. I havent been this light in years. But haven't looked like this EVER

started L-carnitine tonight. going to use pre am cardio & evening. Hopefully this will aid
in getting SHREDDED

Firedrake
09-04-09, 12:04 am
Looking good, Tim! Great looking arm day, and the cardio WILL make a difference!

S. Clarida
09-04-09, 3:12 pm
Just following your example. 4 weeks & 2 days. I started training abs everyday. You got me thinking. I have ignored abs for so long, it may be more lack of development. So they have my attention now. Between diet & training hopefully I'll get them dialed in.
Thanks

Tim

Sounds good Tim!

I found it very important to hit them everday. Pick different workouts for em each day!

They'll come

C.Coronato
09-04-09, 3:22 pm
Looking great brother. Only a few weeks left!!

scals
09-04-09, 8:42 pm
Puttin in some major work here Tim. Can't wait to see ya on stage.

RK
09-04-09, 11:17 pm
Got to see Timmy pose tonight after shoulders. Looking really sharp! will def bring it together in these last couple weeks. He's really busy with work/school/family but i know he will be on sometime tomorrow to post up and reply to everyone.

BigAnt
09-05-09, 3:51 pm
How do you feel with the changes we made?

And screw the scale, nobody is going to weigh the winners on stage!!

The hardest-dryest-most muscular guy with that all important grainy condition will be the man!

And keep practicing your poses...gotta be smooth brotha!

You and the kid want legs at my gym tomorrow at 3:00pm (the gym I belong to)

I am working from 8-2....

TimK13
09-05-09, 9:02 pm
Looking great brother. Only a few weeks left!!

Thank you for following my journey. It's been a great experence. 4 weeks out. Any advise is greatly appreciated. Best of luck in Maryland. How did you decide to go the keto diet & how does it compare to the prep you did in the Spring.

TimK13
09-05-09, 9:14 pm
How do you feel with the changes we made?

And screw the scale, nobody is going to weigh the winners on stage!!

The hardest-dryest-most muscular guy with that all important grainy condition will be the man!

And keep practicing your poses...gotta be smooth brotha!

You and the kid want legs at my gym tomorrow at 3:00pm (the gym I belong to)

I am working from 8-2....

Hi Big Ant

feeling good. Alittle extra sluggish at night, but once I start training I get in the zone & strength & endurance is good. I changed the carbs monday, & others on thursday/friday
so i'll know better in the coming days. Extremities pretty vascular. chest & delts more def
abs alittle better. Still have 4 weeks but have alot of work to do. Ryan & I trained delts last night then pm cardio, then up till 12:30 studying for a quiz today in Anatomy/phys II
up at 5am more studying. class at 8am. got out at noon & spent the afternood up & down ladder painting my Dad's house. got home at 7pm. I got my meals in but it kicked my ass.

a

Sunday I have to train early. Lisa decided to have her side over for a cook out & I blew off the last family thing, so I best not do that again. I'm open Monday. Any chance of getting together. I have chest, but can change if needed. Let me know. I need to get crushed again

BigAnt
09-05-09, 9:21 pm
Yep yep I know about the family thing...Happy Wife--Happy Life!

I have chest also on Monday, I am working from 8-2...I will call you --- we can train in da basement and work the new Hammer-Nautilus piece...We might go to Lisa's sister for a bit, but nothing is in writing as of yet....

TimK13
09-05-09, 9:32 pm
Yep yep I know about the family thing...Happy Wife--Happy Life!

I have chest also on Monday, I am working from 8-2...I will call you --- we can train in da basement and work the new Hammer-Nautilus piece...We might go to Lisa's sister for a bit, but nothing is in writing as of yet....

Just let me know what works for you. I'm not sure when Ryan & Jeff are heading back to school. probably on the earlier side. So it will probably just be the mature guys banging Pecs. I'll try to kick Ryans ass Sunday like you did to me. lol I'm going to make him do 3 servings of shock for insurance (not really)

TimK13
09-07-09, 8:55 am
Puttin in some major work here Tim. Can't wait to see ya on stage.

Man, I can't believe its 26 days till hitting the stage. Getting close, but still lots of work to do. Diet is strong, cardio 60 min/day. I'm feeling good, just trying to get peeled. + Order posing suit, oil, fake tan. I've been tanning at BB for 1 1/2 weeks so just starting to do more time. got to getsome base before fake tan..
Ryan was telling me about your leg day. Great Job on Squats!!! Keep up the good work & hope we will see you soon

TimK13
09-07-09, 9:04 am
well, 26 days & counting.
60 cadio this am. walk/jog/walk added some isometrics while walking each lap 50 reps for different muscle groups. Kind of like walking & posing. can't hurt.
had my egg whites & oats.
L-carnatine,cuts,multi etc
heading down to my Dad's to start packing his house, Then going to Train Chest with
Big Ant., pose & get some feedback & direction. It's going to be another good one.

Firedrake
09-07-09, 2:15 pm
Get it done, Tim! You're counting down, now! Get tight, get right, and take the night!

scals
09-07-09, 3:51 pm
26 days til you bring it home brother.

C.Coronato
09-08-09, 1:10 pm
26 days come quick. Hell yes brother. Big things ..

G Diesel
09-08-09, 1:15 pm
Big TimK you're a warrior my brother... It will be awesome to follow the end stages of your journey to getting shredded.

Peace, G

BigAnt
09-08-09, 3:32 pm
Solid chest day on Monday,,,stay with the adjustments and give it all...like YOU HAVE BEEN DOING SINCE DAY ONE OF CONTEST PREP!

My pecs are a little sore? ! LOL

TimK13
09-08-09, 9:52 pm
Get it done, Tim! You're counting down, now! Get tight, get right, and take the night!

Thanks to Everyone!!!!!!!!!!!! It really means alot & a Great Motivator to keep training hard like it's the last workout, cardio at 5am & pm, cooking, training,work,school etc.

Cause you all know 7 day/week 2x a day Cardio gets old/challenging, but when I think about my Animal Family, I go even harder.

After am cardio felt like shit all day, just light headed/cloudy, but after meal 6 I felt better.
By 7pm when I got to the gym I felt JACKED.

I will use every day,hour & minute over the next 25 days to be my very best.
Thanks again to everyone for your knowledge & motivation.

Your Brother of another Animal Mother

TimK13
09-08-09, 10:00 pm
5 am cardio 45 min walk/jog/walk, flexing
Back day at Better Bodies
Hammer Strength low row 20,15,12, 8-12 drop
one arm rows, 70 x 12, 105 x 7 (2)
chins x 4 sets
low cable rows 12,12,8, 6-14 drop
hyper ext, hanging leg raises,crunches, lying leg raises
20 min cardio.

Feeling good. Dropped flank steak. lets see what this week brings. Good Stuff!!

TimK13
09-08-09, 10:07 pm
Big TimK you're a warrior my brother... It will be awesome to follow the end stages of your journey to getting shredded.

Peace, G

Big G
when will you be at Greg's & what do you train on those days. Maybe we could hook up. I know you'll put a hurting on me but it's all good. Keep blasting those BIG #"S.

Firedrake
09-08-09, 11:38 pm
Great day, Tim!

One day at a time, you'll get it all done!

naturalguy
09-09-09, 10:41 am
Coming down the home stretch Tim.................................finish strong

RK
09-09-09, 11:42 pm
Gotta let everyone know that Timmy is doin WORK! I honestly dont know how he does everything that he has been doing. Completley mind blowing! Shows the determination of a true champion no matter what the judges decided he already won. Nothing but mad respect for my old man!

TimK13
09-10-09, 11:10 pm
Coming down the home stretch Tim.................................finish strong

NG
THANKS for checking in. With the guidance of my Animal Brothers, I am gaining momentum for the final 3 weeks. Big Ant made some changes & I really feel I'll be dialed in on the 3rd.
Thanks to Universal for producing great products & a community of Animals.

TimK13
09-10-09, 11:16 pm
Gotta let everyone know that Timmy is doin WORK! I honestly dont know how he does everything that he has been doing. Completley mind blowing! Shows the determination of a true champion no matter what the judges decided he already won. Nothing but mad respect for my old man!

I don't have great genetics or the pretty boy face, but I will outwork most just by God given determination & one subborn ass attitude. When I decide to do something/anything I will get it done. I hate when people make bull shit excuses why they can't. Just get it done.

thanks for having my back!!

TimK13
09-10-09, 11:24 pm
am cardio 30 min eliptical, 20 min walk,run etc.
Stong diet

pm
shoulders
ascending set rear laterals 2x
bb military 4
front raises 4x
ascending side laterals
machine presses
rear cable shrugs,
heavy ass dumbell shrugs
rear traps on on hammer strength

abs, calfs
another 25 min on tread mill

6 hours & 45 minutes till training Arms with Big Pappa Pump Dave K. EXPECT THE WORST

This training with monsters like Big Ant 250 lbs & DaveK 260 is humbling when your dieted down & feeling like a child. It's all good. More motivation to be my best

TimK13
09-11-09, 9:18 pm
Friday 6am training at BB with Davek
tricep rope push down wu +3
close grip bench on Smith 135,185,225,225
seated db ext 65,75,85
lying db ext 1 x 12
machine tri dips
concentration curls 3x
cable curls wu + 3X12
HAMMER CURLS 3X
standing db curls 4x
preacher curls 3x

posed & got really good feedback
cardio 45 min tm
tan

afternoon cardio
35 min on the track + 210 reps of walking lunges(40,40,40,40,30,20)

ordered my trunks. GETTING EXCITED.

scals
09-13-09, 10:20 pm
Looking very good bro. Can't wait to see ya next time I'm in the area.

TimK13
09-13-09, 11:11 pm
bw 180.6 (dropped 3 lbs this week)
leg day
45 min on stationary bike
adductor/abductor 2x25

last 3 weeks i'm going to go lighter & really focus on the squeeze
leg curls wu +4 sets
leg ext 4 sets of 15
hack squats 1 plate, 2 plate,2 + 25's, then drop set 3x6,2x10,1x25 rest then did it again
smoked!!!!!!!!!!!
1 leg presses 8,8,6,6 (right / left) & repeat
db stiff leg dead lifts 45,65,85
tan

pm 40 bike outside
feeling good. just trying to get shreded

RK
09-14-09, 12:51 am
Looking good there pops! Not sure if Ma'am told you but im coming home this weekend. will be able to check ur progress one last time before the show!

BigAnt
09-16-09, 10:39 am
What up ?

Feeling better?

A Cahling makes the best trunks!

Sat. good?

C.Coronato
09-16-09, 10:41 am
Looking awesome as usual! Keep pushing!

hardworkE
09-16-09, 12:14 pm
I don't have great genetics or the pretty boy face, but I will outwork most just by God given determination & one subborn ass attitude. When I decide to do something/anything I will get it done. I hate when people make bull shit excuses why they can't. Just get it done.

thanks for having my back!!

That is the perfect attitude right there Tim! Great to see you are doing well in here. Finish up STRONG!

TimK13
09-16-09, 10:50 pm
That is the perfect attitude right there Tim! Great to see you are doing well in here. Finish up STRONG!

Hey E. thanks for checking in. Ryan is coming home 9/18. Not sure what your schedule looks like, but if you want to train Saturday I think we're training legs. Sunday chest.
let us know.

TimK13
09-16-09, 10:55 pm
Looking awesome as usual! Keep pushing!

TTL. Still hitting it hard. The wife is getting alittle tired of the 7 day/week double cardio,etc & she doesn't have to do all the prep? But we all have to sacrifice.
Only the Strong survive. (or at least come in shape) I think I'll really enjoy the off season.I forget what it's like to train for a belly full of carbs. How's your prep?
Have a Great time in NYC this weekend

TimK13
09-16-09, 11:00 pm
What up ?

Feeling better?

A Cahling makes the best trunks!

Sat. good?

Thanks again for All your help & I'm feeling much better. See you this weekend

TimK13
09-16-09, 11:05 pm
60 min am cardio,
pm 40 min cardio, abs, calf, tan, pose
dropped carbs to 85. Getting Harder. 18 days to go. Looking forward to the weekend
& training RK, having Big Ant give some feedback. Lets get it done.!!!!!!!!!!!!

BigAnt
09-17-09, 10:09 pm
The changes we made will definately show !

No utter dismay!

*Start really practicing your poses good, and try not to use the mirror at first, pose, look, than adjust accordingly, remember no mirror on stage!

Did you get the top secret tanning applications?! LOL

TimK13
09-17-09, 10:24 pm
The changes we made will definately show !

No utter dismay!

*Start really practicing your poses good, and try not to use the mirror at first, pose, look, than adjust accordingly, remember no mirror on stage!

Did you get the top secret tanning applications?! LOL

You sure I can't get a mirror on stage? they say you can use props.
I'm a freaken bodybuilder not an actor, who needs props. lol
Dave said he'll give me the secret tanning stuff.

Good day, (other than feeling like crap) considering 75 g carbs
am cardio 60 min
pm Shoulders side lateral 5x 12
steep incline db shoulder presses 5x 8-12
rear delt machine 4x12-15

traps
db 5x12
smith 4x12

30 treadmill3.6 & up to 7% trying to burn up the ass

Firedrake
09-18-09, 12:39 am
You're getting it done, Tim -- this is the part where you have to just buckle down and focus. You can do this!

BigAnt
09-18-09, 7:20 pm
You sure I can't get a mirror on stage? they say you can use props.
I'm a freaken bodybuilder not an actor, who needs props. lol
Dave said he'll give me the secret tanning stuff.

Good day, (other than feeling like crap) considering 75 g carbs
am cardio 60 min
pm Shoulders side lateral 5x 12
steep incline db shoulder presses 5x 8-12
rear delt machine 4x12-15

traps
db 5x12
smith 4x12

30 treadmill3.6 & up to 7% trying to burn up the ass

Remember happy wife...happy life!

Pose and pose more....NO MIRROR!

And remember to get as much blood-oxygen into the muscle these last few weeks, leave the very very heavy ass weights alone. You did that all year, we just gotta preserve the muscle now while diet-cardio burns fat, sure the weights will be heavy, bit not kill your body 1-2 reps heavy!

Correct? !

You bringing the 5 Guys grub over this weekend? Hahahaha

TimK13
09-18-09, 11:21 pm
You're getting it done, Tim -- this is the part where you have to just buckle down and focus. You can do this!

Your Right! The owner of my gym said the same thing. Just put your head down & finish this race. Two weeks to go & I have tunnel vision. Some other things are suffering, but will take care of that after 10/3. Thanks for the motivation! How's your off season? Still making the big gains from your program?

TimK13
09-18-09, 11:32 pm

Remember happy wife...happy life!

Pose and pose more....NO MIRROR!

And remember to get as much blood-oxygen into the muscle these last few weeks, leave the very very heavy ass weights alone. You did that all year, we just gotta preserve the muscle now while diet-cardio burns fat, sure the weights will be heavy, bit not kill your body 1-2 reps heavy!

Correct? !

You bringing the 5 Guys grub over this weekend? Hahahaha

Yo Big Ant. I hear you, but it is so darn tempting ( like it's wrong not to go real heavy)
but those slow/big sqeeze movements really fill that muscle & feel great (at least after the set lol)

What does Sunday late afternoon or early evening look like?
Saturday 5am cardio, then I have school, then to Dads house to finish prep for the Open house, training legs late afternoon then going to Sat night church so I can train chest in a.m. then go visit Dave's Mom down at Fox Chase Hospital on Sunday.
I know its family day, but if you could give me 15 minutes that would be great
I called the promoter today. Still only 20 in the show. which sucks, but that does not change the plan. Still going to bring the BEST package I can.

Thanks

Tim

Firedrake
09-18-09, 11:39 pm
Your Right! The owner of my gym said the same thing. Just put your head down & finish this race. Two weeks to go & I have tunnel vision. Some other things are suffering, but will take care of that after 10/3. Thanks for the motivation! How's your off season? Still making the big gains from your program?

I'm actually very pleased. Since the start of Rage's "Iron Contest", according to yesterday's hydrostatic weigh-in, I've gained 15.1 pounds of lean muscle mass in ten weeks. I had put on too much fat to start with -- almost as much fat as muscle in the first six weeks, but I've taken four pounds of -that- back off since then, while continuing to add 1.5 lbs. of lean mass per week. Rage keeps calling me "Mr. Results Not Typical."

I think, because I cut for so long (from August of last year through April of this year, for a total of 60 pounds and from 34% bf to 16%), my body was ready for a rebound, and has just been soaking up the protein for all it's worth. According to yesterday's test, at a height of 6'1", I have 205 lbs. of LBM out of a total weight of 249. I'm going to see how much longer I can keep up this progress. If I can keep adding lean muscle and dropping fat through January, I'll have a real good base to start cutting for the July competition.

Mind you, right now, I'm a bit traumatized. Rage had me buy posing trunks for this contest, and they arrived today. I tried 'em on for the first time. All I could see was the saggy bits left over from when I weighed 303. Yikes! Other than that, I'm pretty happy -- as my housemate just said to me, "How many 55 year old men can ever WEAR posing trunks?" Well, as far as I'm concerned, I can't yet. <grin> But I'll start wearing 'em in the tanning booth to get rid of the lines left by the speedos.

I hope that wasn't all TMI for you . . . <grin> If you're really interested I have pix on facebook or could send them to you in e-mail -- I'd like to see what -you're- looking like!

scals
09-19-09, 8:55 am
You're gonna do great Tim. Only a couple more weeks. See ya at the Philly ABC the week after?

TimK13
09-19-09, 8:42 pm
I'm actually very pleased. Since the start of Rage's "Iron Contest", according to yesterday's hydrostatic weigh-in, I've gained 15.1 pounds of lean muscle mass in ten weeks. I had put on too much fat to start with -- almost as much fat as muscle in the first six weeks, but I've taken four pounds of -that- back off since then, while continuing to add 1.5 lbs. of lean mass per week. Rage keeps calling me "Mr. Results Not Typical."

I think, because I cut for so long (from August of last year through April of this year, for a total of 60 pounds and from 34% bf to 16%), my body was ready for a rebound, and has just been soaking up the protein for all it's worth. According to yesterday's test, at a height of 6'1", I have 205 lbs. of LBM out of a total weight of 249. I'm going to see how much longer I can keep up this progress. If I can keep adding lean muscle and dropping fat through January, I'll have a real good base to start cutting for the July competition.

Mind you, right now, I'm a bit traumatized. Rage had me buy posing trunks for this contest, and they arrived today. I tried 'em on for the first time. All I could see was the saggy bits left over from when I weighed 303. Yikes! Other than that, I'm pretty happy -- as my housemate just said to me, "How many 55 year old men can ever WEAR posing trunks?" Well, as far as I'm concerned, I can't yet. <grin> But I'll start wearing 'em in the tanning booth to get rid of the lines left by the speedos.

I hope that wasn't all TMI for you . . . <grin> If you're really interested I have pix on facebook or could send them to you in e-mail -- I'd like to see what -you're- looking like!

Very impressive. Keep riding the wave. If body is responding, no need to change.
my email is tkenderdine@verizon.net. I'll get some show photos back to you.
Thanks again for your support through this journey

TimK13
09-19-09, 8:51 pm
You're gonna do great Tim. Only a couple more weeks. See ya at the Philly ABC the week after?
Two weeks to go. Ryan & his roomate Potter are down this weekend. Blasted arms last night & legs today.. Yup, the dieted down Old Man can still show the young guns who's the Man. Feeling great!!!! other then the sore knee & low back. lol Conditioning is really coming in & should be in top shape for the 3rd.
The Philly ABC sounds like all the Big Boys will be there. I have school till 1:30 so I might just be there for a cameo appearance. See you in 3 weeks. Stay Strong

TimK13
09-19-09, 9:05 pm
Friday night Arms with RK & Potter at Better Bodies.
v grip push down ss with machine dips 4x
close grip on smith wu + 3x10-12
skull crushers 3x

db standing curls 3x12
preacher 3x10-12
hammer 12,12, drop 6,8,11,12

Saturday
5am cardio 65 min walk/jog/walk, side steps, backward up hill/down hill
school 8am till noon, to Dads to final prep for sale

3pm leg day with RK & Potter
leg ext wu + 3x12
smith squats 2 wu then 185x12,225x12, drop set 275x6,225x12,135x12
hack squat 3x12
leg press ss with leg curls 3x + 1 more set of curls
stiff leg deads 135x12,185x12 2sets.
tan

Two weeks to go. Conditioning coming in, holding mass, 50 gram carbs today.
water 2+ gal. Going to meet up with Big Ant on sunday for a check up.

Firedrake
09-20-09, 12:11 am
Sounds good, Tim -- you're really tightening things up!

scals
09-20-09, 9:47 am
Two weeks to go. Ryan & his roomate Potter are down this weekend. Blasted arms last night & legs today.. Yup, the dieted down Old Man can still show the young guns who's the Man. Feeling great!!!! other then the sore knee & low back. lol Conditioning is really coming in & should be in top shape for the 3rd.
The Philly ABC sounds like all the Big Boys will be there. I have school till 1:30 so I might just be there for a cameo appearance. See you in 3 weeks. Stay Strong

Awesome. Keep rollin and doing what youre doing. Very inspirational.

TimK13
09-20-09, 9:52 am
Sunday

am cardio 60 minutes

getting ready to train chest & abs at BB with RK & Potter. Since RK went back to college had to train solo( except for a couple sessions with Big Ant kicking my Ass) so it's been great getting in 3 workouts with RK, he knows how to push my buttons & go the extra.
"What's it going to be 1st or 2nd". You know what the answer is. Well, lets go!
TIME FOR PAIN

Firedrake
09-20-09, 12:51 pm
Sunday

am cardio 60 minutes

getting ready to train chest & abs at BB with RK & Potter. Since RK went back to college had to train solo( except for a couple sessions with Big Ant kicking my Ass) so it's been great getting in 3 workouts with RK, he knows how to push my buttons & go the extra.
"What's it going to be 1st or 2nd". You know what the answer is. Well, lets go!
TIME FOR PAIN

The pain of effort is your friend; embrace it, learn to enjoy it, make it your partner. Let it push you and drive you to that first place. RKs comments tell me you're really bringing the package together!

You GOT this!

TimK13
09-22-09, 11:08 pm
The pain of effort is your friend; embrace it, learn to enjoy it, make it your partner. Let it push you and drive you to that first place. RKs comments tell me you're really bringing the package together!

You GOT this!

Hi Firedrake

I got your email. sorry for the slow reply. Man, you have come a long way!!!! You should be very proud of your progress. Keep up the solid work & enjoy the rest of off season.
Then blast that prep

TimK13
09-22-09, 11:17 pm
5am cardio walk,jog,walk,jog, backwards, side ways, front. added some sprints at the end. I didn't think this old man could run that fast. lol!! Met up with Big Ant for some feedback.
I finally look like a bodybuilder (competitive I hope) I really feel the prep plan has worked really well. There is no magic, its just train, diet, diet, cardio & more cardio, consistency & determination. Held size, getting hard, abs have come a long way, good balance & conditioning should be spot on.
Trained back & abs + tan.. Just focusing on high intensity, low rest, slow/deliberate & big contractions just to finish this journey (Hopefully on a High Note)
Stay tuned, got my last 11 day prep set. Just have to grind it out.

RK
09-23-09, 12:09 am
BIG TIM!

I wanna let everyone know how freaky this ol buck is looking! In all seriousness i knew he was big but now its just unreal. He deserves it all for how hard he works day in and day out. Its hard to describe how personally he really takes this. Not for a trophy or to get a pat on the back but for himself and his family/animal family. Constantly striving for more to make himself and everyone else proud. Truly inspirational in every aspect of the word. I cant wait to see him on stage and i can PROMISE all of you that when u see some before and after pictures you are gonna be blown away!

BigAnt
09-23-09, 8:22 am
Timk stopped over yesterday for me to check him out...great improvements and "looks" like a bodybuilder...abs-cuts-detail-hardness-size---it's all there...

He will only get better-harder each day now untill the show...We mapped out his last 12 days and he will surprise many people with his conditioning!

STAY THE COURSE....No utter dismay!

Now we gotta find you some sweet old schol disco Donna Summer music for your night routine! LOL

TimK13
09-24-09, 11:02 pm
Before this journey goes any further, the Truth is, I would have NEVER been able to make the progress I have made or conditioning I have achieved without the Awesome Prep Plan set by Big Ant and the phenominal encouragement I've received from RK. Yes, you have to do it yourself day in & day out, but without the proper proven plan & accountability I have rec'd from these two, it just would not have been possible. If you have confidence in someone, like I have in Big Ant, then you just have to do it. Not over think it, Just APPLICATION. I was warned before I started, This is ALL or NOTHING. I don't know how to do things Half Assed, so I signed on. MY family has been extremely supportive & again would not have been able to live my dream without them in my corner. Win or Lose, I have proved alot to myself & people around me. I'm old school. I always stay covered up at the gym or going out, so people don't always take notice of me & I have to admit it, IT FEELS GREAT when I pull off my oversized shirt & one of the premadona's at my gym take a double take. Yea, I got something for you. I just don't like walking around with my little sisters shirt on trying to look like something. lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I Just wanted to take a minute to say THANK YOU to Big Ant & RK for all their help. And also to all the Animal Family for your interest & support.
I think I'll make you proud next Saturday, representing our family (Animal Barbell Club) there are no others that can compare to the ABC.

TimK13
09-24-09, 11:15 pm
5 am cardio walk,jog,walk,sprint all that fun shit. 45 min. Not as hard mentally as yesterday.

pm
last leg workout. calfs standing 4 x 15, seated 4 x 15, donkey 3 x15
adductor/abductor 2x 20
leg curls 4x12-15 slow & big sqeeze on everything. That really sucks!
leg ext 4x15
leg press 2 out, 1 close then giant set press,ext,curl
db lunges 30 reps
30 minutes on eliptical. felt like 3 hours
tan

BigAnt
09-24-09, 11:45 pm
With less than 9 days left, I am really starting to see the final product...tight lean shredded muscle....all of the signs that hard work was put in!

AND YOU KNOW I HAD TO SAY IT..."A WINNER IS NOT JUDGED BY A TROPHY TAG"

Sticking to plan, asking questions and learning your body along the way and keeping your head down to get the extreme focus...not much more you can do!

POSE-POSE-POSE...practice until you practically fall over and sweat OUT puddles!

Think about the night music....And Sunday we can put something together if you want, you know I got tons of funky music-routine tapes...

NO UTTER DISMAY!

Firedrake
09-25-09, 12:14 am
Tim,

From all reports, you're bringing a properly peeled package to the platform. Your dedication, persistence and work have impressed every member of this family, and I only hope I can do as well next summer.

I am jazzed for you beyond all telling, and am really looking forward to seeing how you look onstage.

TimK13
09-26-09, 12:21 am
With less than 9 days left, I am really starting to see the final product...tight lean shredded muscle....all of the signs that hard work was put in!

AND YOU KNOW I HAD TO SAY IT..."A WINNER IS NOT JUDGED BY A TROPHY TAG"

Sticking to plan, asking questions and learning your body along the way and keeping your head down to get the extreme focus...not much more you can do!

POSE-POSE-POSE...practice until you practically fall over and sweat OUT puddles!

Think about the night music....And Sunday we can put something together if you want, you know I got tons of funky music-routine tapes...

NO UTTER DISMAY!

Looking forward to Sunday. I have a routine, but could use some help bringing out the strong & minimizing the weak points. Thanks for everything

TimK13
09-26-09, 12:25 am
Tim,

From all reports, you're bringing a properly peeled package to the platform. Your dedication, persistence and work have impressed every member of this family, and I only hope I can do as well next summer.

I am jazzed for you beyond all telling, and am really looking forward to seeing how you look onstage.

Getting close. Thanks for all your posts. It really does mean the world to have people care.
You will get it done in 2010. I can tell this is your purpose. As soon as I get more carbs in me (8 days) I will be following your journey closely.

Thanks!

TimK13
09-26-09, 12:31 am
5am cardio. probably one of the hardest sessions mentally & physically. everything is so sore & worn. but I got through it & off to work

Felt like shit all day. Just fuzzy, tired as hell, at one point even questioned why I was doing this. 10 1/2 hours later work was finally done. Called Big Ant on the way home.
As always, put it in perspective & adsured me all is expected & fine.
Trained shoulders & arms tonight all covered up as per usual. The workout went great but still had a feeling I would look like I felt earlier. Finished with tri's, so I took my oversized long sleve shirt off. I was blown away. looked like a FREAK!!!!!!!!!!! were the heck did that come from. Just goes to show. it's not how you feel, it's how you look PRICELESS.

BigAnt
09-26-09, 3:48 pm
Pose...pose...and P O S E !

1/4 Turns And Mandatories...

TimK13
09-27-09, 8:37 pm
Pose...pose...and P O S E !

1/4 Turns And Mandatories...

Thanks for your time today!

7am cardio 30 min
11 am cardio 50 min eliptical
4pm cardio 25 min treadmill 3.8 @ 3.5%

Trained at The Gym & Tan line with Big Ant watching over me.
Followed the plan for the final week for glycogen depletion (Big Ant's routine. it's a secret)
felt crappy all day, i'm sure due to low carbs & lots of cardio. Felt very good training, but
nauseous at the same time. also trained abs & calves.
Big Ant & his training partners took a look at me & got some really good feedback.

Well, 3 more days of weights,4 days of cardio left in the training part of this journey.
Lots of posing need to be packed in to the next 6 days. Please pray for me to end strong!!
Now it's study time. Luckily I took off from work this coming thurs,fri & monday. Cause on top of Prep(which is all encompassing) I have 2 tests for Anatomy & Physiology II on Friday
that is an exam + lab practicum & a test in sociology on monday.

Animals, thanks again for all your interest & support

RK
09-28-09, 12:08 am
If you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, you will say to your
mountain, "MOVE!" and it WILL move... and NOTHING will be
impossible for YOU!
- Matthew 17:20

Alright Dad, one more week to pay the cost. Gotta get up and tell your mountain ( pain, hunger,nausea, light headiness, fogginess, fatigue) to get the fuck up and MOVE! There is no chance its gonna stop or hold you back so it might as well give up now. Your stronger than i can ever hope to be and i know while this last week might have some low points, you will overcome them and emerge on top.

Now i know its not about the trophy or what place you get.....but honestly SCREW THAT! I wanna see some hardware baby! You worked your ass off and i know the judges and everyone else in the venue are gonna be an awe that some 45 year old gym rat emerged from the shadows and showed them what being a FREAK is all about!

Remember this last quote for all its worth. all the hardship with work, prep, school, give it all away to God! Focus on what you gotta do in the moment and let him take care of anything else. Worrying is just gonna make you loose your hair........oh wait LOLOLOL JUST PLAYING PAP! Last thing....im starting plans already for the after party....hoping the hotel room is gonna have multiple bathrooms so we can set one aside JUST FOR YOU hahahaha. Love you Dad keep pushing!

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own
understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He
shall direct your paths.
- Proverbs 3:5,6

Firedrake
09-28-09, 12:35 am
Getting close. Thanks for all your posts. It really does mean the world to have people care.
You will get it done in 2010. I can tell this is your purpose. As soon as I get more carbs in me (8 days) I will be following your journey closely.

Thanks!

Tim, I'm amazed you even had the energy to answer me! Don't worry about it right now, just like RK said -- focus on what you need to get done, and leave the rest to the trainer upstairs. I know what you mean about the fogginess and light-headedness -- I've been that depleted. I've even wondered what the [bleep] I'm doing all this for. Then I get reminded. It's been a long time since I stepped on a stage -- I was a teenager -- but I remember.

I'm really looking forward to your success, my friend. Now don't worry about replying to me -- buckle your ass down and Get This DONE!

TimK13
09-28-09, 7:04 am
RK I couldn't be prouder of you. Thanks for all your help & making being a father easy.
I'm impressed with your biblical knowledge & it He is the TRUTH. I know my God is bigger then any problem I have & I give it up to Him on a daily basis.

Thanks for the post, it has been a brutal morning. Depletion training 5:30am. the training is done for the day ( but the nausea continues) lol, off to work then school.
Have a Great Day

scals
09-28-09, 8:52 pm
Couple more days brother. You got this!!! Keep working hard.

TimK13
09-28-09, 11:07 pm
Couple more days brother. You got this!!! Keep working hard.

two more days of the Big Ant depletion. Thank God I don't train weights till Tuesday night.
after almost 2 hrs of cardio on sunday & 1st depletion workout, then 5:30am 2nd session
I truely felt like shit all day. Could not get rid of the nasuea till about 7pm.
only got 6 meals in today, but that's fine. Actually looking forward to 5am cardio.
I Just Want To Get This Done & get dry & shredded. It's working, just have to follow the PLAN. Hopefully see you Animals at the Philly ABC with good news

hardworkE
09-29-09, 11:14 am
This has been a great journey in here Tim. Like everyone has said before, it looks like you have won this competition before even stepping on stage. I find this more motivating than most due to the nature of it all. I can't wait to hear how everything goes! Best of luck on stage and again congratulations on all the hard work and dedication that brought you to this point!

S. Clarida
09-29-09, 1:08 pm
FINISH UP STRONG TIM!!!....

Want to hear some good news coming from ya!

GK

TimK13
09-29-09, 11:36 pm
This has been a great journey in here Tim. Like everyone has said before, it looks like you have won this competition before even stepping on stage. I find this more motivating than most due to the nature of it all. I can't wait to hear how everything goes! Best of luck on stage and again congratulations on all the hard work and dedication that brought you to this point!

Eric, thanks for your posts & interest. The forum has made this journey a success, you can only motivate yourself so far, but knowing you have a brotherhood watching your back & making you accountable takes you to another level. Hope to see you at the Philly ABC.
Ryan is going with Big Ant. I have class till 1:30 so I should make it for lunch & to see everybody, but I plan on taking a week off to let some wounds heal ( & spend some time with my wife who has been really understanding)

Take Care

Tim

TimK13
09-29-09, 11:41 pm
FINISH UP STRONG TIM!!!....

Want to hear some good news coming from ya!

GK

I have the target in my sites. 1 more am/pm cardio session & 1 more Big Ant depletion workout, 1 light cardio Thursday then just follow the diet plan, tan,fake tan & pose.
Leaving Friday afternoon, polygraph Friday night then the waiting game. I know this is nothing new to you, but I wish I could fast forward to Saturday & go to War.
Hopefully I'll be posting Great News Soon. Hope to see you at the Philly ABC

Tim

TimK13
10-01-09, 12:08 am
5am cardio 60 min= walk,jog,lunges,jog,walk,flex. perfect weather 50 degrees

Tonight was my last workout of depletion for upper body. with only 25 g carbs I thought I would feel bad. Training was "heart in throat" for all the cycles, but got unbelievably pumped
Went in the locker room & pulled off my oversized sweat shirt & almost fell over, I thought I would look like crap but was JACKED!!!!!!!!!! I had one of the trainers at the gym take a look. The look on his face was priceless. I've known Steve for awhile but he has never seen me uncovered. The words of "you would never know you look like that walking around the gym" was all I needed to hear.

I'm going to do the same thing on saturday. stay covered up & when the call us out I think there will be some surprised people. Well the work is done & I am thrilled with the result.
Just a little cardio in am then work the diet & water program. I'm off thursday & friday.
Have to jamb 5 weeks of studying for Anatomy & physiology II in tonight till friday am then
take an exam & lab practicum. Wish me luck on both.

Firedrake
10-01-09, 12:56 am
Best of luck to you on ALL your efforts -- certainly you've learned a lot about anatomy and physiology with this contest prep . . . <grin>

TimK13
10-02-09, 8:03 am
met with Big Ant last night. final adjustments with the diet. Did the spray tan yesterday.
color looks awesome. Leaving to take my 2 exams for Anatomy/Phys II then spray tan & hope to leave by 3pm. drive time should be 3 1/2 hrs. polygraph at 7:30pm.
Going to try & post photos after prejudging on Saturday afternoon.
I'm in the Best shape of my life, so let's see what happens. Thanks again to everyone for helping on this memorable JOURNEY.

Your Animal Brother

Tim K

S. Clarida
10-02-09, 12:06 pm
met with Big Ant last night. final adjustments with the diet. Did the spray tan yesterday.
color looks awesome. Leaving to take my 2 exams for Anatomy/Phys II then spray tan & hope to leave by 3pm. drive time should be 3 1/2 hrs. polygraph at 7:30pm.
I'm in the Best shape of my life, so let's see what happens. Thanks again to everyone for helping on this memorable JOURNEY.

Your Animal Brother

Tim K

Best of luck to ya Tim...

Bring it home!

naturalguy
10-02-09, 1:37 pm

Your Animal Brother

Tim K

Good luck Tim. You've put in the work, time to shine

C.Coronato
10-02-09, 1:46 pm
Good luck brother. Bring it home!!

TimK13
10-02-09, 8:10 pm
Good luck brother. Bring it home!!

Thanks TTL, Natural Guy & GK
You guys are the Best. Just trying to Represent Us in the best way possible. I've done the work, followed the diet , got the War Paint on & depended on the BEST supplements on the market(Animal of course)= the best condition I have ever experienced. Hopefully it will be enough to bring it home.
Thanks again for helping my dream come true.
I'll try to post after pre judging.

scals
10-02-09, 8:13 pm
Congrats Tim. You did an excellent job of prepping for the show. Your gonna do well!!! Can't wait to hear!

Firedrake
10-02-09, 8:27 pm
Okay, young man, you're down to the wire. I am expecting you to come home a victor tomorrow night! You've certainly had the focus, drive and will to Get It Done in a convincing manner!

RK
10-03-09, 12:18 am
Talked to Timmy earlier. Lie detector test went real well. got to see some of his competition but its hard to tell what everyone is gonna look like. Im heading out tomorrow 745 to get their for the competitors meeting at 10. expect BIG things! im gonna be takin pics backstage and my mom should have prejudging covered so i should have plenty of pics up for all to see. GET READY! 12 hours till pre judging!!

BigAnt
10-03-09, 10:24 am
---Spoke to TimK ALL IS VERY GOOD....Condition is dry, legs are very hard-shredded, upper body is a bit flat, but we want it like that so the "magic" foods will take care of that at the right time...

He is about to weigh in, he will call me back shortly!

RK---You got a important job today...keep the man calm and have him follow the protocal....

BigAnt
10-03-09, 3:46 pm
Pre-judging is over, TimK and his crew are relaxing at a resturant...

A good show with a small turn out in competitors in the pro and amateur classes but quality competitors showed up!

TimK did the novice-open-masters classes...

I have a feeling he did pretty-pretty-pretty-P R E T T Y good!

I am going to stop here and let him and his crew finish this up...

BEST OF LUCK IN THE NIGHT SHOW!

Have a safe drive home!

G Diesel
10-03-09, 7:49 pm
End this journey strong, Big Tim. Your hunger and hard work have made us all proud.

Peace, G

RK
10-03-09, 9:17 pm
Alright brothers were about to head to the after party so i ll have pics and the run down up tomorrow.
Places went like this
Novice class B - 1st of 3
Lost overall Novice but it was CLOSE!! tim had him in size and i would say conditioning was DAMN close

Masters over 40 - 4th out of 5.....Judge for yourselves by the pics tomorrow

Light heavy's open - 2nd of 2 .... The guy who beat him won the whole show.

GREAT show great turnout great peformance. Truly am proud of my Dad, he did an outstanding job!

naturalguy
10-03-09, 9:48 pm
Congrats Timk!

Firedrake
10-03-09, 10:57 pm
Thanks, RK -- Tim, we're proud of you!

S. Clarida
10-03-09, 11:34 pm
Good Job Tim...

Way to finish up strong..Go eat up!

GK

RK
10-04-09, 2:19 pm
Alright fellas heres the link to the album. Ranges from prejudging to the pose down for the overall novice

Tim is the only one wearing glasses

http://s776.photobucket.com/albums/yy42/ironfreak741/

Firedrake
10-04-09, 2:35 pm
I think I figured out why the other guy took the overall Novice -- it had to be more hair on top! *grin* (I wonder if I bought a mohawk toupee . . . .)

Tim, you looked GREAT! I only hope I can look that good by July. Your abs popped, your front lat shot was phenomenal, and your rear and front biceps both looked great. I could see a -little- more mass in the other guy's chest and legs -- that's about it.

You did an aMAZing job, my friend -- you really did.

RighteousDude
10-04-09, 9:39 pm
Congrats on your first show in 25yrs - Saw the pics, it looked damn close.

N'joy the earned small break, then back and kill it.

Peace.

RK
10-04-09, 11:43 pm
Alright brothers gonna give my experience for the day....could write up page after page but ill try to keep it short and sweet.

Was a great trip to the contest that i made with my brother jeff and friend potter. Got to the hotel in time to relax a bit before the competitors meeting. from their it was just Tim and I, got to sit through the usual BS of the morning. DaveK was able to make it before prejudging so we were both able to work Tim's backstage.

That alone was an awesome experience seeing everyone tan/pump up getting ready for war. Was my first time helping out backstage and hopefully not the last, it was a blast helping out with oil/pump up and keeping him focused for what he was about to endure. pre judging went great, my voice was gone after it lol. Got to go eat some good food then take a little rest before the night show.

It was the usual hurry up and wait until the show started. Moved at a good pace and everyone brought awesome conditioning. All the other competitors were great too, everyone was very supportive of each other and helped out if needed. TimK def had the crowd going with his routine, loved every second of it. Was def a brutal night with all the call outs for all three of his classes, plus his pose down.

All in all he was EXTREMELY happy with what he brought to the stage, couldnt be more proud of him. I could right out how insane his days are with training/cardio/work/nursing school but none of it will ever show what its like unless you witness it. Obviously he would have liked to win the overall novice but it just gives him more fire towards the future.......with that being said, i talked to him tonight. he is THINKING of maybe a show or two in spring 2010.....NOTHING IS LOCKED IN!!!!!! just a thought! Personally, after seeing that he could come out in such great condition he should def go for it. He knows what he's gotta bring up to bring the total package and he will def have my family's support. Still a long way off, so all he has to do now is enjoy the off season and see how he feels.

Cant emphasize enough how proud i am to be his son. He truly is the most inspirational and motivational person in my life. I really am blessed. This show alone gave me a whole new perspective on how hard i need and want to work to achieve not only my bodybuilding goals, but also all my goals in life.

You killed it Dad! Stay hungry!

Firedrake
10-04-09, 11:52 pm
Thank you for your tale, RK -- you gave us a good POV -- now I'm waiting to hear your dad's! We can't be more proud of him for what he's accomplished! My roommates, looking at the pics from yesterday, we're VERY impressed!

C.Coronato
10-05-09, 4:45 pm
RK you should be extremely proud man, thats great. You looked awesome Tim, keep it up, will u be at the Philly ABC?

BigAnt
10-05-09, 6:11 pm
Very solid job and great follow through with your protocal....

Please enjoy some good food and rest....

Spring...2010--We will talk!

LOL

TimK13
10-05-09, 10:45 pm
RK you should be extremely proud man, thats great. You looked awesome Tim, keep it up, will u be at the Philly ABC?

Thanks for the support & encouragement. I have school saturday till 1:40pm. Can't miss another class. I'm going to try to make the ABC even to grab lunch. I promised myself I would take off 1 week before getting back into it, to let the joints & tendons heal up, but I know you & all the Big Boys will be there so I will due my best to make it.

All the best in you upcoming contest!! I'll be following your count down

Tim

TimK13
10-05-09, 10:57 pm
Just a quick note, It's been a busy last 5 days. between prep,tanning, 2 exams on friday before traveling to the contest. Competing, then traveling home, studying for a test in my other class tonight, it's been very physcially & emotionally draining. Rough day mentally today. So please hang in there with me. I want to properly wrap up this journey.

Spoke to Big Ant this am. This is preliminary, but I'm looking at a 3 month off season to target some defeciencies then a probable prep for Spring 2010.

Stay tuned.

Thanks to Everyone!

Tim

Firedrake
10-06-09, 1:15 am
Tim, take your time to get your head together -- competing is a huge stress, and that you did it in the middle of your schooling had to be stressful.

Just know we're proud of you, and are looking forward to your tale.

TimK13
10-11-09, 11:21 pm
Thank you does not come close to the heart felt appreciation to everyone who has followed my journey.
With your support, great Animal supplements, Priceless guidence from Big Ant, The Best training partner/motivator (when he's not away at school) RK, I was able to live my dream
get in the BEST SHAPE of my life. Win my weight class & be in a pose down.
This has ignited my desire to continue to compete. I have discussed it with RK, Big Ant & my wife and the plan is to train for the NPC MidAtlantic Natural which I believe will be May 8, 2010. I may hit the NGA Philly, as long as it doesn't hurt the prep. So, 3 month off season to work on some defeciencies & Prep will start 1/1/2010. This time I'll have 18 weeks, keep my body weight around 190 through the holidays. This will give me a great headstart & position me to take it to the next level & really be ready for anyone who competes in this show. Stay tuned for the next contest journey.

thanks again to everyone!!!!!!!!!!!

Tim

RK
10-12-09, 12:10 am
Locked and loaded now boy! Just took a look at the calender...should be home from December 11th till January 3rd. Also will be home for a week for thanksgiving next month. Gonna get some good offseason growth to set your prep off right! Looking forward to kickin ur ass thursday and friday also! LOL

scals
10-12-09, 9:51 am
Well, it seems like I know who one of my opponents in May will be. It's gonna be an honor brother. The other lightheavys better be on the lookout.

TimK13
10-13-09, 10:21 pm
Well, it seems like I know who one of my opponents in May will be. It's gonna be an honor brother. The other lightheavys better be on the lookout.

Yo Big Man, that would be great!!!!!! The NPC Mid-Atlantic is my goal as long as it's May 8th, which it should be. Ryans graduation is the following Saturday 15th.
Possible the NGA Philly. Let me know if you see any other show that looks good.
Enjoy off season, because PREP will take everything you have.

Tim

Firedrake
10-14-09, 1:15 am
Tim, the pictures were wonderful, and your work brilliant. I can't wait to see what you come up with next! Your prep was an inspiration to me!

scals
10-14-09, 5:37 pm
Yo Big Man, that would be great!!!!!! The NPC Mid-Atlantic is my goal as long as it's May 8th, which it should be. Ryans graduation is the following Saturday 15th.
Possible the NGA Philly. Let me know if you see any other show that looks good.
Enjoy off season, because PREP will take everything you have.

Tim

Hell yea. I'll be doing both shows. Gonna be a blast.

C.Coronato
10-15-09, 10:09 am
Thanks for the support & encouragement. I have school saturday till 1:40pm. Can't miss another class. I'm going to try to make the ABC even to grab lunch. I promised myself I would take off 1 week before getting back into it, to let the joints & tendons heal up, but I know you & all the Big Boys will be there so I will due my best to make it.

All the best in you upcoming contest!! I'll be following your count down

Tim

Thats great man. Thank you. Enjoy the offseason my brother!

TimK13
10-25-09, 8:46 pm
thanks guys. I'm enjoying off season. Keeping my body weight around 190. Still have abs & pretty hard. Trying some different supps. Added Real gains, being consistant with creatine etc. Working on bringing up some areas & really making a statement in 2010 before I start Nursing School in August (Lord willing) I might have to change my contest plan to June/July due to a school conflict but we'll see what happens.

Live for Today, make the best out of each workout, be consistent with food,supps & sleep.
& enjoy the Journey.