PDA

View Full Version : training in gatlinburg?

boondocker
07-07-09, 12:11 pm
help guys. i am leaving town to go to gatlinburg , pigeon forge area for a few days this week. anyone know of any gyms in the area. i have seen a few just by using google, but if anyone knows where i can do some quaility work or stack some plates with fellow animals let me know. i leaving am going to be in the area thursday through monday. thanks.

Dedicated
07-07-09, 12:57 pm
I was there about a year or two ago, there was a nice gym on the Pigeon Forge side of Sevierville. It was brand new and had nice equipment. I can't for the life of me remember the name of the gym, but it may be this gym:
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=atlanta+fitness+sevierville&fb=1&split=1&gl=us&view=text&latlng=17493446339603693832

I'm going through the same problem, I'll be in the North Myrtle Beach area next week. I usually work out at Gold's Gym there, but it closed down this past year.

MVP
07-07-09, 1:00 pm
help guys. i am leaving town to go to gatlinburg , pigeon forge area for a few days this week. anyone know of any gyms in the area. i have seen a few just by using google, but if anyone knows where i can do some quaility work or stack some plates with fellow animals let me know. i leaving am going to be in the area thursday through monday. thanks.

There's a couple of gyms. National Fitness or something in Sevierville.

I'm moving there in a couple of weeks, if you find any gyms hiring PT's in those areas, let me know!

Dedicated
07-07-09, 1:08 pm
There's a couple of gyms. National Fitness or something in Sevierville.

I'm moving there in a couple of weeks, if you find any gyms hiring PT's in those areas, let me know!

I'm pretty sure that's the one I'm talking about. And I live in Knoxville, guess it's a small world after all.

boondocker
07-07-09, 1:13 pm
good finds. mainly looking for a bunch of free weights. i will look into pt postions too. i am just looking for a day or two in the gym and get some light work in.

Wasteland
07-07-09, 1:18 pm
Is Gatlinburg in Ohio? If so, I would suggest asking this question in The Board section where there are six or so Ohio-based ABC Chapters: http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=13075. I'm assuming someone in one of those threads might know. Good luck.

IRBS
07-07-09, 1:20 pm
Is Gatlinburg in Ohio? If so, I would suggest asking this question in The Board section where there are six or so Ohio-based ABC Chapters: http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=13075. I'm assuming someone in one of those threads might know. Good luck.

No, its in the mountains of East Tennessee, between Chattanooga and Knoxville. Gorgeous place.

mritter3
07-07-09, 1:24 pm
No, its in the mountains of East Tennessee, between Chattanooga and Knoxville. Gorgeous place.

awsome place my girl and i stayed up in the mountains in a cabin last fall, there is a gym in sierville, thats the one i hit up, but dont remember the name, did a ton of trail walking though, thats a pretty decent workout, especially with some ankle weights.

Wasteland
07-07-09, 1:25 pm

Wow, sounds it. To the OP, here's the Chattanooga area ABC Chapter run by Big Byrd. I would guess he would know a lot of the gyms in the area. Good luck.

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=13336

BigChrisF
07-08-09, 7:10 pm

Not to quibble, but it's just east of Knoxville along I-40 on the way to Asheville.

And Chattanooga is a long drive from Gatlinburg. You would be much better off driving back to Knoxville if you really can't find a good enough gym in the Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge, Sevierville area. If all that craps out, load up an pack and hit the mountains for some great conditioning.

MVP
07-09-09, 4:45 am
I'm pretty sure that's the one I'm talking about. And I live in Knoxville, guess it's a small world after all.

Oh for real? That's sweet man, I'm looking forward to moving somewhere around your area once I have my CPR card, if you hear of any gyms looking to higher PT's, hit me up!

IRBS
07-09-09, 8:05 am
Not to quibble, but it's just east of Knoxville along I-40 on the way to Asheville.

And Chattanooga is a long drive from Gatlinburg. You would be much better off driving back to Knoxville if you really can't find a good enough gym in the Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge, Sevierville area. If all that craps out, load up an pack and hit the mountains for some great conditioning.

LOL, thanks for the correction...

agree with the conditioning idea.

jesse45690
07-09-09, 9:56 am
I was in Pigeon Forge about 3 months ago. There is gym that is on the sevieville/pigeon forge line. It's a huge building with a blue roof. I can't remember exactly what its called but if your going towards gatlinburg it'll be on your right. I also stayed in Gatlinburg about a year ago and there is also a couple gyms in Gatlinburg. It really comes down to where your staying but wherever you should be set. Just pick up a local phonebook or talk to some locals. Maybe not as good as your home gym but theyll get the job done.

MVP
07-09-09, 4:42 pm
I was in Pigeon Forge about 3 months ago. There is gym that is on the sevieville/pigeon forge line. It's a huge building with a blue roof. I can't remember exactly what its called but if your going towards gatlinburg it'll be on your right. I also stayed in Gatlinburg about a year ago and there is also a couple gyms in Gatlinburg. It really comes down to where your staying but wherever you should be set. Just pick up a local phonebook or talk to some locals. Maybe not as good as your home gym but theyll get the job done.

Was any of those gyms hiring PT's?