PDA

View Full Version : training question!!!!!!!!!

rippedC
07-08-09, 3:14 am
Hi all, ive been reading some articles and post that says full body routines are good, ive been following a tradional bodybuilding training each muscle once a week split all year, ive gotten great results and still coming, i mean i dont life that much, i weigh around 200lbs, with only like 10-20 percent bf and my big lifts are bench-250 deadlift-405 squat 300x5, but if i change to more of a full body routine idk if ill notice better results, every month i notice some good growth on my muscles but i almost never get strength gains, but the results in the mirror are insane, should i stick to a tradional training split or more of a full body one like this

day 1

incline bench
mil press heavy
barbell row
chin ups
barbell shrug
dips

day 2 rest

day 3

squat
mil press light
chin ups
barbell curl

day 4 rest

day 5
incline bench
deadlift
dumbbell row
dips

day 6 rest

day 7 rest

my tradional split looks like this

day 1
incline bench press
bench press
dips
incline dumbbell fly
dumbbell pullover

day 2
chin ups
barbell row
t-bar row chest supported
deadlift
pulldowns or seated row

day 3 rest

day 4
mil press
behind the neck press
upright rows
bent over laterals
side laterals
barbell shrug
dumbbell shrug

day 5
lying skullcrusher
dumbbell skullcrusher
dips

barbell curl
dumbbell curl
incline curl

day 6
squats
hack squat
stiff-leg deadlifts
lunges
leg curls

day 7 rest

MVP
07-08-09, 3:39 am
Hi all, ive been reading some articles and post that says full body routines are good, ive been following a tradional bodybuilding training each muscle once a week split all year, ive gotten great results and still coming, i mean i dont life that much, i weigh around 200lbs, with only like 10-20 percent bf and my big lifts are bench-250 deadlift-405 squat 300x5, but if i change to more of a full body routine idk if ill notice better results, every month i notice some good growth on my muscles but i almost never get strength gains, but the results in the mirror are insane, should i stick to a tradional training split or more of a full body one like this

day 1

incline bench
mil press heavy
barbell row
chin ups
barbell shrug
dips

day 2 rest

day 3

squat
mil press light
chin ups
barbell curl

day 4 rest

day 5
incline bench
deadlift
dumbbell row
dips

day 6 rest

day 7 rest

day 1
incline bench press
bench press
dips
incline dumbbell fly
dumbbell pullover

day 2
chin ups
barbell row
deadlift
pulldowns or seated row

day 3 rest

day 4
mil press
behind the neck press
upright rows
bent over laterals
side laterals
barbell shrug
dumbbell shrug

day 5
lying skullcrusher
dumbbell skullcrusher
dips

barbell curl
dumbbell curl
incline curl

day 6
squats
hack squat
stiff-leg deadlifts
lunges
leg curls

day 7 rest

One of the best full body routines you can try is 5 X 5 by Madcow.

rippedC
07-08-09, 4:18 am
One of the best full body routines you can try is 5 X 5 by Madcow.

na i dont like those 5x5 programs, done em before didnt notice a thing except like 5 pound increases in some lifts but it made my muscles smaller even with a good diet, out of the 2 routines i listed which one is better for size?

thanks

MVP
07-08-09, 4:48 am
na i dont like those 5x5 programs, done em before didnt notice a thing except like 5 pound increases in some lifts but it made my muscles smaller even with a good diet, out of the 2 routines i listed which one is better for size?

thanks

Size is depended upon calories.

The only way your muscles will shrink is catabolism, due to lack of nutrients or de-progression, where you would get weaker. It's when your body fails to meet it's protein requirements to and steals amino acids from muscle tissue - muscle breakdown.

Did you know there are some olympic lifters that cannot even do Bill Starrs program because they gain so much mass it takes them to the next weight category? I question your form and diet before a routine, I've never heard anyone complain about mass on 5 X 5, gaining strength and eating a surplus connects to hypertrophy.

Size is depended upon calories, not routine, so you're not going to get the answer you're looking for, sorry.

theharjmann
07-08-09, 9:04 am
Size is depended upon calories.

Size is depended upon calories, not routine, so you're not going to get the answer you're looking for, sorry.

i'd have to disagree with that

size is dependent on MANY factors:

-Calories
-Routing
-Stress
-Rest time between sets
-Hours of sleep per night

etc
etc

Just remember to train and eat hard

Dedicated
07-08-09, 11:30 am
It depends on your goals. You said you were gaining good size on your current routine. If you're not training for strength or any type of athletic program, then I would stick with your current routine until you stop making gains. Then switch it up.

Personally, I made some of my greatest strength and mass gains while doing a full body program for football, but I've also made had success with the split routine I'm currently using.

Listen to your body bro, if you're having success then it's probably not a good idea to make a change now. Just remember, whatever you do "works" to some degree. Just keep your diet steady, and stay in the gym, and you'll grow.

MVP
07-08-09, 2:20 pm
i'd have to disagree with that

size is dependent on MANY factors:

-Calories
-Routing
-Stress
-Rest time between sets
-Hours of sleep per night

etc
etc

Just remember to train and eat hard

Not entirely accurate. My buddy rests 60-90 seconds between his sets, I rest 5 minutes and we both grow. Rest until you're ready, stress to the muscle comes through progressive overload. And as far as routine goes, they all work.

rippedC
07-08-09, 2:47 pm
thanks for the help guys

but out of the two routines which one would be better for size and which one would be better for raw strength?

whosnexttt
07-08-09, 2:50 pm

day 1

incline bench
mil press heavy
barbell row
chin ups
barbell shrug
dips

day 2 rest

day 3

squat
mil press light
chin ups
barbell curl

day 4 rest

day 5
incline bench
deadlift
dumbbell row
dips

day 6 rest

day 7 rest

day 1
incline bench press
bench press
dips
incline dumbbell fly
dumbbell pullover

day 2
chin ups
barbell row
deadlift
pulldowns or seated row

day 3 rest

day 4
mil press
behind the neck press
upright rows
bent over laterals
side laterals
barbell shrug
dumbbell shrug

day 5
lying skullcrusher
dumbbell skullcrusher
dips

barbell curl
dumbbell curl
incline curl

day 6
squats
hack squat
stiff-leg deadlifts
lunges
leg curls

day 7 rest

I think the full body program you made with the right calories can beast you up with size and strength.

MVP
07-08-09, 3:33 pm
thanks for the help guys

but out of the two routines which one would be better for size and which one would be better for raw strength?

You're still not grasping that routines don't make you big. Calories and progressive overload does. You'll gain from either one but the full body one you made was a significantly better choice.

rippedC
07-08-09, 3:54 pm
You're still not grasping that routines don't make you big. Calories and progressive overload does. You'll gain from either one but the full body one you made was a significantly better choice.

yea i know ive been dieting for awhile and im making size gains pretty good, i just dont wanna screw that up by training in a different style

Ir0nClad
07-08-09, 4:00 pm
Both routines will make progress, but the full body routine such as Madcow's 5x5 will give you more and faster progress in terms of mass and strength as long as you get the right amount of calories in. The body understand's movements not individual muscle groups and is best to be trained like a system, which is why full body workouts with a few compound moves and progresively overloading is the best option.

MVP
07-08-09, 5:08 pm
Both routines will make progress, but the full body routine such as Madcow's 5x5 will give you more and faster progress in terms of mass and strength as long as you get the right amount of calories in. The body understand's movements not individual muscle groups and is best to be trained like a system, which is why full body workouts with a few compound moves and progresively overloading is the best option.

Ir0nclad you are the man!

"The body knows movements, not muscle groups".

Kingquads
07-08-09, 5:53 pm
i tried a routine like that today wel see how i look in a while

shizz702
07-08-09, 7:22 pm
If it ain't broke don't fix it.

If bodybuilding training is producing great results for you right now, why switch to full body?

Do what works for you.

GC
07-08-09, 10:40 pm
If it ain't broke don't fix it.

haha i was literally just thinking that. keep going till progress slows