PDA

View Full Version : Crutches

rbh84
07-08-09, 10:30 am
Okay I had surgery and I am limited. Right now since I cant do much, I want to develope my shoulders more. The thing is i want to find out a chart that i can follow regarding a calendar to go by where I know when to increase the weight of my dumbells as I go. Say for week 1 I do 25 pound dumbells. Then how long until I should go up. I heard that one should start by picking up a weight that one can handle for 10 reps. Thats a starting point then from there you work your way up? Even after I figure that out..when do I figure is the right amount to start moving up in weight? maybe after 3 weeks...3 weeks. Got any clues. I want to put some time and grade into these shoulders. I got about 4 to 5 months to really focus on them and I want to take advantage of this time.

sideburnz
07-08-09, 11:29 am
Okay I had surgery and I am limited. Right now since I cant do much, I want to develope my shoulders more. The thing is i want to find out a chart that i can follow regarding a calendar to go by where I know when to increase the weight of my dumbells as I go. Say for week 1 I do 25 pound dumbells. Then how long until I should go up. I heard that one should start by picking up a weight that one can handle for 10 reps. Thats a starting point then from there you work your way up? Even after I figure that out..when do I figure is the right amount to start moving up in weight? maybe after 3 weeks...3 weeks. Got any clues. I want to put some time and grade into these shoulders. I got about 4 to 5 months to really focus on them and I want to take advantage of this time.

I don't know about the rest of the guys but i normally gauge on the amount of reps that i could produce. lets say i could do 10 reps on week 1. & on week 3 i could get 15 reps with that same weight, i would up my weights the week later.but its totally your preference bro.
hope this helped. :D