PDA

View Full Version : KFC Grilled Chicken??

H@rl3yB08
07-09-09, 8:49 am
So I was watching tv on the treadmill and saw an add for the new grilled chicken from kfc.....has anyone tried it? Is it healthy? Or should I just stick with grilling my own...What's everyones take on this??

CuttDeez
07-09-09, 8:51 am
never trust what you dont cook yourself. I have heard about and seen fast food places inject there chicken with oil to keep it moist. So its nice that they say it is grill but you never know everything in your food unless you cook it yourself. I might be mistaken it could be good shit, but I am always warry

theharjmann
07-09-09, 9:16 am
Obviously home cooked chicken is MUCH better

But if i was on the road and needed some protein quick....i would opt for grilled chicken and a wholemeal sandwich as opposed to some deep fried chicken!

IronWilson
07-09-09, 11:08 am
My uncle and my cousin own a bunch of KFCs. I asked them about the grilled chicken and whether or not it is real. It is not really grilled per say, it is oven roasted on a rack. So the answer is yes, it is technically healthy. I just don't know how high quality the chicken is or if they put any sauce on it.

But all in all, I think it would be a great choice for a quick fix.

Fury317
07-09-09, 11:20 am
There is a pretty long thread on this exact subject.

Stay away from that shit....unless youre Lee Priest....

theharjmann
07-09-09, 11:33 am
all this KFC talk is makin my stomch rumble....im off to get a couple of zinger tower burgers...anyone gonna join me?

H@rl3yB08
07-09-09, 11:37 am
[QUOTE=Fury317;753178]There is a pretty long thread on this exact subject.

I searched for it and I didn't find anything, so I just posted it. Do u have a url for the thread??

DrewskiPHX
07-09-09, 8:50 pm
make it yourself

brine it with salt water for 2 hours in the refrigerator, grill on medium heat each side for 3 mins, then put in a 350 degree oven for 20 mins each side. tasts exactly the same

IronWilson
07-09-09, 11:17 pm
There is a pretty long thread on this exact subject.

Stay away from that shit....unless youre Lee Priest....

Oh man, after seeing his offseason picture, it made me watch what I ate offseason.

PancakeOfDoom
07-10-09, 12:39 am
Oh man, after seeing his offseason picture, it made me watch what I ate offseason.

added inspiration to others (lee off season w/ kfc, so ON TOPIC)

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Y4APzJbm1_o/R72XfnvJ4XI/AAAAAAAAAO4/c7ZUfZUm4Zw/s400/leeofffffff.jpg

seriously, pretty nasty. i mean i know ya gotta bulk before you cut, but really, is that amount of extra fat necessary? dirty dirty bulk

Kingquads
07-10-09, 12:42 am
So I was watching tv on the treadmill and saw an add for the new grilled chicken from kfc.....has anyone tried it? Is it healthy? Or should I just stick with grilling my own...What's everyones take on this??

if your bulking then have fun an eat it everyday other than that well.....i dont see the bad in it

PancakeOfDoom
07-10-09, 12:43 am
sorry to post again so quickly, but hey OP, found ya exactly what you may be lookin for:

http://www.kfc.com/nutrition/grilled.asp

nutrition info on their site. keep in mind any fast food place should have info on their website now a days. idk what the hell the serving size units are in though, grams?

edit: seems like a decent amount of sodium, but eh

J-PILE
07-10-09, 1:02 am

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Y4APzJbm1_o/R72XfnvJ4XI/AAAAAAAAAO4/c7ZUfZUm4Zw/s400/leeofffffff.jpg

seriously, pretty nasty. i mean i know ya gotta bulk before you cut, but really, is that amount of extra fat necessary? dirty dirty bulk

I gotta say... that is some nasty shit right there! lmao

Fury317
07-10-09, 9:20 am

haha yeah Ive seen those pics. Crazy to say the least. I mean, there's growing, but then there is just getting fat. Luckily, he can drop the weight and get peeled. He's one of my favorites, but his off season diet is definitely not one my favorites.

Fury317
07-10-09, 9:30 am
[QUOTE=Fury317;753178]There is a pretty long thread on this exact subject.

I searched for it and I didn't find anything, so I just posted it. Do u have a url for the thread??

This should do it...

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=24962&highlight=Kentucky+Grilled+Chicken

PancakeOfDoom
07-10-09, 8:04 pm
just tried some. was pretty juicy, nice choice of spices, but wouldn't get again. there are better local options IMO, mom and pop shops that will do actual grilled chicken w/o any processing. still, better than some options i guess

Tartaglia
07-12-09, 1:34 pm
I eat fast food when im bulking up, easy as that

Mickey
07-12-09, 7:38 pm
My sister's friend works at a KFC and she told me that it comes in frozen (so who knows what it's injected with) and they throw it on the grill to get the grill marks, and then they throw the shit in the vat. No shit. Don't sound like "grilled" to me. As someone stated earlier, don't trust anything that you don't personally cook.

Billy
07-14-09, 1:50 pm
If I dont cook it, it ainīt good :)

IRBS
07-14-09, 1:59 pm
Tastes great. I could eat a bucket. I love it.

Probably not the best thing for you, but if you're stopping at KFC, are you really dieting all that hard to begin with??????

newbreed
07-14-09, 2:04 pm
Wasn't too impressed with it but it's food

Brutus_515
07-14-09, 2:29 pm
Tastes great. I could eat a bucket. I love it.

Probably not the best thing for you, but if you're stopping at KFC, are you really dieting all that hard to begin with??????

I would say that sums it up, If you were on the treadmill I can see how it struck your fancy...but since your on the treadmill steer clear of it.....but if you were just warming up with a short walk and you arnt near dieting try it out.