PDA

View Full Version : I really effed up

DrewskiPHX
07-09-09, 6:40 pm
So today I was in Tempe to drop off rent to my room mate and decided to stop off at this greek food place that is rediculously good. they have a side of gyro meat for 2.50 and a chicken breast for 2.50 so I got that and chowed down.

I am doing keto so I though that it would be no harm, but when I went home I was sceptical about the gyro meat because Im pretty sure its processed, and looking back probably has bread mixed in it.

I went home and looked around on some websites to try and find some nutrition facts and sure enough its got carbs in it, alot of them. I bought ketostix also and I am sure that if you are in keto then you wont be pissing out ketones, and therefore your test strip should almost be negative. so I went and pissed on it about 3 hours later and sure enough, brown - not where I want to be - baige is where I want to be

im pissed cause if i would have eaten carbs on purpose i would have bought a pizza or something. oh well I guess I just have to wait a week and a half for another cheat meal.

live and learn the hard way right guys.

IronWilson
07-09-09, 6:47 pm
that sucks. But keto strips are not always good indicators of being in ketosis (for fat loss purposes anyway). Just wait 2 weeks for another cheat meal and you'll be golden. But shit happens.

Stovall
07-09-09, 7:16 pm
x2 Shit happens.

rocky36
07-09-09, 7:34 pm
Unless you have a contest comming up i dont think you should worry to much about it, one bad meal isn't going to set you back anything in the long run..

Beach91
07-09-09, 11:49 pm
Yeah bro, refocus, and turn this into a positive, have a heavy training session putting those extra carbs and calories to use, maybe you'll hit some personal bests in the gym with this spike in your diet.

AFTazz06
07-10-09, 12:02 am
How long have you been on keto? this cheat meal could probably not have a big negative effect if you've been on keto for more than a couple of weeks. You metabolism should be running at full blast. Just keep going, hit the treadmill, dont look back.

GJN5002
07-10-09, 12:12 am
How long have you been on keto? this cheat meal could probably not have a big negative effect if you've been on keto for more than a couple of weeks. You metabolism should be running at full blast. Just keep going, hit the treadmill, dont look back.

you might be able to get away with it. dont owrry too much, its not like you ate a loaf of bread

PancakeOfDoom
07-10-09, 12:36 am
least you were tryin to follow diet. woulda been worse if you went in there knowing full well you were grabbin carbs off schedule.

theharjmann
07-10-09, 4:18 am
So today I was in Tempe to drop off rent to my room mate and decided to stop off at this greek food place that is rediculously good. they have a side of gyro meat for 2.50 and a chicken breast for 2.50 so I got that and chowed down.

I am doing keto so I though that it would be no harm, but when I went home I was sceptical about the gyro meat because Im pretty sure its processed, and looking back probably has bread mixed in it.

I went home and looked around on some websites to try and find some nutrition facts and sure enough its got carbs in it, alot of them. I bought ketostix also and I am sure that if you are in keto then you wont be pissing out ketones, and therefore your test strip should almost be negative. so I went and pissed on it about 3 hours later and sure enough, brown - not where I want to be - baige is where I want to be

im pissed cause if i would have eaten carbs on purpose i would have bought a pizza or something. oh well I guess I just have to wait a week and a half for another cheat meal.

live and learn the hard way right guys.

just treat that as your cheat meal for the week

no biggie