PDA

View Full Version : Footprints of a "Not so much of a girl"

sreyes1091
07-09-09, 7:56 pm
In the Afghan desert, I start transcribing the start of an addiction, the beginning of a future freak, my life. Here is a bit of a background, my name is Stephanie and go by "Rey Rey". Born and raised in Venezuela (South America) until my parents and I moved to Miami when I was 12. My parents were never around to show me the right way, they were never around to teach me about life so I decided to take it upon myself to learn from my mistakes. I never grew an addiction for nicotine although my mom smoked when she was pregnant. I got offered drugs countless of time but never was curious enough. My only addiction growing up was playing sports. Surprise, surprise..my mother thought my grades at school were not good enough for me to accept scholarships to play for clubs. After moving to Miami, I played soccer and softball, got scholarships offered but they wouldn't pay 100% so I joined the military. The job I chose...Aerial Gunner. I cannot stand having an office job so I wanted something that would take me places, that would be gained by respect and not by sucking any dicks (no offense). Got my job after hearing I do not know how many times, girls could not do it. I laughed in their faces when I got my wings. I have been to Iraq three times and now here. A fellow gunner saw how much I loved working out so he and I teamed up as partners in the shit hole of gym we had in the desert. I learned how to train, proper form, lifting, everything I could learn about building a body and the addiction began. Once I got home (Florida), I kept on training with the knowledge I gained from my partner. I altered my workouts here and there but never took it seriously enough for it to become my lifestyle. After my third trip (January of this year) I saw the results and I wanted to be in the gym, I wanted to stay there day and night, I craved the sore muscles, I wanted my hands to be red from the iron, I wanted the clenching jaw, the accomplishment from lifting something heavier than me. Another co-worker saw my beginning of this addiction and recommended this site and the paks. Holy shit, he woke up a beast in me. I started taking the Pak, omega, pump and cuts. The results, amazing. My diet started changing and my addiction growing. I got deployed again (here I am) and luckily, the gym is the shit over here unlike the shitty M.R.E.'s. So, I am a begginer, do not judge my numbers...I am in the process of becoming an animal, I am learning.

My workouts used to be as follows:

Monday: Arms // Tuesday: Back, traps, shoulder, lats // Wednesday: Legs // Thursday: Chest // Friday: Full cardio // Saturday: OFF // Sunday: Repeat Rotation.

I did 20 minutes of cardio (High Intensity) before going to any weights. I saw good results until I hit a straight brick wall SO I changed my routine about a week ago. I wanted to shock my muscles, ya know? I do not have my notebook on me right now so I cannot be specific on my new workout but I work the same muscle every 48 hours, I still do 20 min of cardio before I start my day and I try to workout twice a day. My diet...Ha, as of now, there is nothing other than my protein shake I was sent from home, Pro V-60, I also have my Paks and as far as solid food...fucking nasty ass M.R.E.'s, I do not eat the whole thing, the calories on them is high as hell and I cannot afford that in my body.

So, the stats will come soon. I will try to record my workout for tomorrow plus numbers.

This is me, my footprints, the beginning of no end, the start of a "Freak-to-be".

sreyes1091
07-10-09, 9:44 am
I woke up today early as hell to make sure I had a good workout. Took my paks, grabbed my Ipod and headed out while everyone else was still sleeping in the tent. I started with 35 minutes of cardio High intensity interval training, 4 miles in the elliptical. Then my workout was as followed:
*Chest:
Inclined Bench press 4 sets - 12 Reps. I started with 65 and went up to 85 my last set.
Declined Dumbbell press 4 sets - 12 reps. 40lbs each DB. (I was doing 30 a week ago).
*Back
Barbell row 4 sets/8 reps. 95 lbs
Reverse grip lat pulldown 4/8. 95 lbs
*Shoulders
Cable lateral raise 4/15. 20lbs each arm
Front cable lateral raise 4/15. 30lbs.
*Traps
Behind back/front shrurgs 2 sets for each/15 reps. 115lbs.
I finished my workout with three sets of weighted decline crunch 25 lbs and 4 sets of hanging leg raise 15 reps all.

I feel so weak compared to the stats I have seen from other people here but I use it as my motivation. Fuck it, just a bar with some weights I will say to that.
Believe it or not, my numbers have come up big time compared to a month ago and I know for sure they will keep increasing.
Time to go to work now. Damn, it's getting hot out here. Oh well.

J-Dawg
07-10-09, 9:56 am
Keep up the hard work S. Don't worry about comparing the weights from others here, as in due time they'll come up. It's all about making sure you put out your best effort day in and day out.

wedge
07-10-09, 10:00 am
Keep up the hard work S. Don't worry about comparing the weights from others here, as in due time they'll come up. It's all about making sure you put out your best effort day in and day out.

J-Dawg is right. Do not worry about comparing your weights to others. Heavy is relative to you. Just push yourself each day and soon you'll be putting up weight you once never thought possible.
Best of luck with your journey. Leave a big footprint.

shortstack
07-10-09, 10:00 am
Wow, sounds like you got the drive and determination to be whatever you want to be. Keep chasing it and don't sweet the #'s right now they will come with time.

If you need any advice or help with anything let me know and if i don't know the answer I'm pretty sure I know several people on here who can get you the answers you need.

Much respect for what you are doing over there. Ten cuidado!!!

Jeremy

sreyes1091
07-10-09, 10:18 am
Wow, I was not expecting replies so it means a lot. Thank you guys, that is a great support.
By the way, a bit more stats about myself...I am 5'7" and 150 lbs and not so sure of body fat, we do not have fancy machines out here.
I would greatly appreciate any feedback, comments or inputs. Anything that can make me better, I will take it.
Again, thank you.

wedge
07-10-09, 10:47 am
Wow, I was not expecting replies so it means a lot. Thank you guys, that is a great support.
By the way, a bit more stats about myself...I am 5'7" and 150 lbs and not so sure of body fat, we do not have fancy machines out here.
I would greatly appreciate any feedback, comments or inputs. Anything that can make me better, I will take it.
Again, thank you.

Welcome to the family. Thanks for what you and our military is doing overseas and stay safe.

shortstack
07-10-09, 2:13 pm
The other thing that may help is to list out what your goals are. Do you want to get stronger, lean out, get some size on you, maybe do a show?

Alot of people on here will jump in with some good advice once you list out what you want to do.

We got your back,

Shortstack

JUGGERNAUT
07-10-09, 2:21 pm
Welcome. You have a great work ethic that will take you far.

machineman
07-10-09, 2:21 pm
welcome and thanks.....numbers will come up in time....but that is not what is important...getting work done and doing it properly is what is important....stay safe...

fenix237
07-10-09, 4:08 pm
ReyRey, good to read your post! much respect for what you have accomplished so far at a youing age- thanks for your service and dedication- you're an inspiration to me and many on this forvm! keep up the good work and keep posting here...

C.Coronato
07-10-09, 4:40 pm
Good to have some ladies so passionate in here. Very cool. Keep it up. Im subbed for sure.

Merat
07-10-09, 4:52 pm
With attitude and motivation like that, I think you'll fit just great around here in the FORVM , watch out people we have an hardcore animal over here!!

sreyes1091
07-10-09, 8:46 pm
Thanks again, guys. Just got back from work. I was going to head to the gym but I need to sleep early tonight. My shift will be changing tomorrow which means...more time for the gym.
As far as my goals, I want to grow, get bigger, leaner, stronger. I cannot bulk up too much because I need to be able to run a 1.5 mile in 12 minutes. Does not seem like much but I hate running and the bigger, the harder. I still want to become a monster, a freak.
I will take any inputs, like I said. I am just a beginner and I am working my ass off at the gym to get the numbers up one at a time.
Tomorrow I will be working quads, hams, calves, biceps, triceps and abs. The usual 20-40 min of cardio prior to that, of course.
I extremely appreciate the words of encouragement...great motivation, I tell you that. Few more weeks and I will be on my way back home, finally.
Sleep time for me...

calcaneous
07-10-09, 8:55 pm
1. thanks for serving our country and putting your life on the line
2. you sound like a real tough girl. love the "take no shit" attitude.
3. keep up the good work.

DanTheMan
07-10-09, 8:59 pm
much respect reyrey.. keep doin what you do and keep pushin what you push.

sreyes1091
07-11-09, 8:17 am
My alarm clock this morning was a pool of sweat. I do not understand why the A/C always happens to break when is hot as hell. Damn I was glad to get out of bed. As usual, I chugged my shake and paks, grabbed my music and headed to the gym while everyone else was still asleep.
Hopped in the treadmill and ran 3 miles (well, intervals). Mind you, I am from Florida where the elevation is low. Here, the altitude kicks my ass all the time, sucks! My run went something like this: walked for a minute, jogged for a while, ran until I couldnt breathe, walked again for a minute, jogged for a while, ran until I was out of breath....and on. I was glad my 30 minutes were up although it seemed like forever and a day. Anyway, it was weights time. My workout this morning was as followed:
*QUADS
Squats: 5sets/12reps: 1st rep was just the bar and the rest were 115lbs.
Leg Press: 4/12: 200lbs
(The running prior to doing legs...BAD IDEA! I was in pain but it felt great)
*HAMS
Lying Leg Curls: 3/12: 90lbs
*BICEPS
Barbell Curls: 3/8: 65lbs (Damn I need to get this up.)
Alternating Hammer Curls: 3/8: 25lbs each. (I started with 15lbs so its been going up)
*TRICEPS
Decline skull crushers: 4/20: 40lbs french bar
Kickback: 4/20: 70lbs, 80lbs, 90lbs for the last two sets.
*CALVES:
Standing calf raise: 3/12: 145lbs
Seated calf raise: 3/12: 95lbs

When it comes to doing the barbell curls, I do not know why (well, I think I have an idea) but my left wrist begins to hurt big time and it makes it harder for me to go up in weight. When I was little, I broke my left wrist so I am assuming that's where the pain comes from but I am not sure.
Tonight, I will be doing the same thing except for the cardio and see if I can bring my numbers up. Hopefully the Taliban won't make my day any longer so I can have time to workout.
Food time!

Vaze_06
07-11-09, 10:48 am
nice wheels' day. keep it up

sreyes1091
07-11-09, 9:44 pm
Thank you, thank you. My day was longer than usual (at work) so I will have to skip the gym tonight...I had a good workout this morning so I do not feel too bad about it.
My left arm got worse though, it is a constant sharp pain from my wrist to my elbow and the worse part, I am not sure exactly where the pain is at...if that makes any sense. I will wait until tomorrow and see what happens. Tomorrow is my "Day Off"...I will run for a little bit, do the standard PT test and go to work. Monday will be chest and back...until then, peace!

deanna7272
07-11-09, 10:58 pm
Hey girl, want to welcome you and I will echo the fellas, don't worry about your numbers... We all do our thing and believe me, you won't be judged because YOU ARE DOING YOUR THING... Being female, I know at times, we feel that we can't compare... Believe me, you will realize that YOU are the only one that you NEED to satisfy. There is so much info on here, great people, and I'm sure if you have any questions, there will ALWAYS be someone here to help out...

I love the attitude and I can't wait to see your progress... Stay focused, stay strong, and you keep doing what you're doing... Welcome again and I'm subbed!!!

Hercules
07-11-09, 11:30 pm
Excellent work! I truly admire your determination and commitment. That's very inspirational to all of us. Keep up the solid work and thank you for your service to our country.

BryanSmash!
07-12-09, 4:48 am
Good training! I hear ya on that food, it ranged anywhere from mediocre to poisonous the last time I was there.

rmeguy
07-12-09, 5:03 am
Welcome aboard S! As a lot of other people have stated its so awesome to have more woman coming aboard and finding the true Animal within themselves. To bad im not in Afghan right now or i think i would have found my lifting partner..lol.. but again, welcome and im am def subbed!

-Ben

sreyes1091
07-12-09, 10:25 am
Popped an Ambien last night and slept like a baby for 8 hours straight...It was amazing. I woke up in time to get on my uniform and go to work. Right when I got up I ate some cereal, head out and once we were done, we went to chow. Had a piece of grilled chicken, rice and beans, broccoli and a bottle of water. I got back not too long ago and although today is supposed to be my "Off" day...I do not think that will be happening. My legs are sore but its not enough. I am waiting to digest the food to have a full body workout.

The weather sucks right now, we have major winds along with sand blowing everywhere. I have been sneezing my ass off and my nose has been bleeding for a while now, fucking desert.
I cannot say it enough, thank you for the support and encouragement. It makes life out here that much easier knowing that someone appreciates what you do.

Random thought: I find it hilarious how guys stare at me in the gym when I first walk in (there are not that many females out here so I stand out) they are thinking I am just another girl who's boobs will bounce when she gets on the treadmill. (I work with 13 guys and I am the only female in my crew so I know these things). I walk in with a purpose and that's to rip shit apart, to increase my strength and feel the most amazing pain ever. I walk in not giving a shit about people, I do not come to the gym to stare at the guys nor to look pretty but they don't get it...until I start to train. I was doing triceps yesterday, regular pulldowns and there was a guy in front of me doing the same thing. He was there first and he was having a hell of a time pushing what he was pushing. So I went in set up my weight 90 lbs and started going to town with it. The guy looked at me, looked at what I was pushing, looked at his weight, nodded his head and left. A co-worker saw this and he couldn't stop laughing...neither did I when I found out about this.

It feels like I have all the time in the world when I am out here for the gym and to train. I am looking forward to getting home and enjoying part of the summer I missed but in the second hand, the real life is out there. I'd rather be here than back home and dealing with little bullshit that will ruin my day, not giving me enough time to train the way I want. Out here, all I have to worry is about the life of those who I am protecting, my crew's safety and my life. Sounds like a lot of responsibility but it's easy to do when that's all I have to worry about. Back home, work, school, people, family, "not having enough time to hang out", I have to worry about my future, paperwork, bills, yapping, not doing something or doing too much of something...There is always some type of bullshit going on that will increase your stress level, your anger. Have you ever seen a T.V. show named "Dexter"? I do not watch TV when I am home but out here we have plenty of time for this so I saw the three seasons they have so far. Its about a serial killer who kills bad people but the amazing thing about this guy is that he does not know emotions. I wish I could be like that. Shit, many people think I am but deep down shit hurts, things get annoying, life sucks at times and makes a day drag forever. Not being able to feel any emotions, rain can fall and you will be dry. Nothing can stop you. Nothing can stop me but myself, I know but obstacles in the track will get me tired faster. I want to come home and have a real life but I wish real life would not have to be so wearing.

rmeguy
07-12-09, 12:49 pm
i know how you feel with the sand. We have have been in the same sandstorm here for about a little over a week. yea it cracks me up when i walk into the gym here and see all the guys just focusing on the women. that just shows me that there is no one there to really train and kill themselves. I have seen one female since i have been here (about 13 months) and she killed it. other than that. NO ONE. But just keep your head up and keep training your ass off. I would love to have someone like you as a lifting partner. Ive went through 4 lifting partners since we have been here. No one keeps up the intensity that they came here with. Good luck and will keep in touch.

-Ben

sreyes1091
07-12-09, 4:58 pm
If I am not in the gym, I would go crazy! So even though today was supposed to be my "OFF" day, I went to the gym with sole purpose of doing some cardio and some push ups and out the door. Sounds simple, right? Wrong! I came back from work, put my shake in the freezer and sat down for 30 min. and I started getting majorly bored so I chugged my shake and my paks, grabbed a pice of gum and music and went to the gym. As I was walking, my Ipod started playing some badass music and I was getting pumped! I mean, PUMPED! So I got in the gym, not many people were there and I had to take an advantage of it so my workout was as followed:

*Hanging leg raises: 3 sets x 15 reps
*Deadlifts: 95x10 / 135x10 / 155x10
*Seated Calf Raise: 100x10 / 145x10 / 165x10
*Standing Calf Raise: 145x10 / 175x10 / 190x10
*Squats: 45x10 / 95x10 / 95x10 (Yesterday was legs so they were crushed)
*Barbell shrugs:135x10 / 135x10 / 185x10
*Stiff leg deadlifts: 135x5 / 135x5 / 135x5
*Low row: 95x10 / 110x10 / 125x10
*One arm DB Row: 55x10 each arm for 3 sets
*Skull crushers/close grip EZ bar press: 10,9,8....all the way to 1 rep both exercise back to back. I used a 30lbs bar and my tri's were on FIRE.
*DB Press: 30ea DBx10 / 30x10 / 35x10
*Hanging leg raises (again): 3 sets x 15 reps
*Lat Pulldown: 95x10 / 110x10 / 110x10
*Triceps cable pulldown: 80x10 / 90x10 / 90x10
*Preacher curls: 35x10 / 45x10 / 55x10
And 15 minutes on the stationary bike.

I feel freaking amazing although it hurts to walk but it was awesome getting some of my numbers up. I am sure I will pay for it tomorrow but "Oh fucking well!"

Tomorrow I have chest, back and traps. I need to get my chest in shape...That is the hardest thing for me to train but I am the boss out here and I will do what I want! lol.

Time for me to sleep...training hard keeping in mind that what doesnt kill me will make me stronger. Peace!

rmeguy
07-13-09, 7:47 am
Hell yea, Good looking workout there!!! Its always a good thing if you have a hard time walking..Keep it up!

-Ben

wedge
07-13-09, 1:18 pm
Nice "off" day. Good work.

sreyes1091
07-13-09, 4:15 pm
I went to sleep last night earlier than usual. Paid off today though. The usual morning and my workout went like this,

55 minutes on the stepper (200 floors) Holy crap! That shit sucked but it was AWESOME.
*Bench Press: barx10 / 95x10 / 115x10 / 95x10 / 105x10
*Inclined DB Press: 25eax10 / 30x10 / 35x10 / 40x10
*Straight Arm Pulldown: 80x15 / 90x15 / 100x15 / 90x15
*Seated Cable Row: 90x15 / 105x15 / 115x10 / 130x10 / 130x7
*Lateral DB raise: 10ea x 4 sets
*DB Shrug: 55x10 / 60x10 / 65x10 / 60x10
And last but not least 4 sets of abs, declined using the ball and a 10 lbs behind the head.

Emotional Turmoil. It would be a much better place if people were straight-forward in everything. If you dislike something, you are able to clearly express how you feel. If you love something, you are clear enough to speak your mind. However, the human finds little words and fake smiles to breeze through obstacles, pretend everything is alright and finding themselves drowning in a pool of pain later on with shit they thought was ignored and brushed off. People adapt to these situations and live in torment and torture. How hard can it be to live life..LIVE LIFE. No pain, no hurt, no drama, no hypocrisy, no lies. People are too greedy and self-centered, its disgusting. I am done...for now.

sreyes1091
07-14-09, 9:55 am
Last night I prepared my shake for this morning and mistakenly, I placed it in the freezer. This morning I woke up, went to get my shake and it was completely frozen. See, out here, we do not have utensils unless we go to the chow hall but I did have a BenchMade knife on me. I cut the water bottle in half and ate my shake with a knife...Tasted like ice cream, I was impressed.
Today my workout went something like this,

Ran 1 mile

*Squats: Barx10, 95x10, 115x10, 135x10, 145x10, 95x10
*Leg Extensions: 110x10, 115x10, 130x10, 145x10
*Stiff leg Deadlifts: barx10, 95x10, 115x10, 135x6, 115x10, 95x10, barx20

*Pressdown (Tri's): 80x10, 90x10, 100x10
*Overhead extension: 90x10, 90x10, 90x10

*Cable curl: 60x10, 70x10, 80x10
*Preacher Curl: 45x10 3 sets (My left arm started hurting bad)

*Standing Calf Raise: 145x10, 160x10, 175x10
*Seated calf raise: 145x10 3 sets
*Leg Press Calf raise: 295x10 3 sets

...and...ABS.

One of the biggest, baddest dudes in the gym who is always there when I work out told me today I was looking "Jacked" and to keep it up. It meant a lot coming from this animal. I finally think my workouts are doing something. Its hard to not be able to see your reflection and not know if you are making progress or no so someone giving you that sort of compliment, made my day.
Done, son!

Ragin Asian
07-14-09, 11:55 am
Cool beaners, another chick! And out in the sand to boot! Keep up the good work and stay strong. Watch your six and make it back in one piece. When is your tour up?

sreyes1091
07-14-09, 4:34 pm
Cool beaners, another chick! And out in the sand to boot! Keep up the good work and stay strong. Watch your six and make it back in one piece. When is your tour up?

Thanks! My trip will be over in 4 weeks...sand in my nose already got old so I am looking forward to coming home.

shortstack
07-14-09, 4:45 pm
Nice job on the workout and epsecially the legs. I guess we probably do take for granted things like mirrors.
Keep it up and def ask Ragin Asian anything you want to know, she's a class act and knows her stuff.

Shortstack

fenix237
07-14-09, 5:01 pm
"Last night I prepared my shake for this morning and mistakenly, I placed it in the freezer. This morning I woke up, went to get my shake and it was completely frozen. See, out here, we do not have utensils unless we go to the chow hall but I did have a BenchMade knife on me. I cut the water bottle in half and ate my shake with a knife...Tasted like ice cream, I was impressed"

i love it- you're a freakin' animal!!!

sreyes1091
07-14-09, 5:35 pm
Nice job on the workout and epsecially the legs. I guess we probably do take for granted things like mirrors.
Keep it up and def ask Ragin Asian anything you want to know, she's a class act and knows her stuff.

Shortstack

I appreciate the encouragement! I didnt notice she was a well, "she" until you mentioned it so I already messaged her. I did some more legs tonight and I literally want to stay here sitting down the whole night and not stand up lol.

sreyes1091
07-14-09, 5:36 pm
"Last night I prepared my shake for this morning and mistakenly, I placed it in the freezer. This morning I woke up, went to get my shake and it was completely frozen. See, out here, we do not have utensils unless we go to the chow hall but I did have a BenchMade knife on me. I cut the water bottle in half and ate my shake with a knife...Tasted like ice cream, I was impressed"

i love it- you're a freakin' animal!!!

I was hungry and I sure as hell was not going to wait for it melt lol. I will take that as a compliment =)

sreyes1091
07-15-09, 1:20 pm
My alarm went off and I really wanted to stay in bed and sleep the morning away...Not so much. I dragged myself out of bed (drugged on sleeping pills I took last night) and stumbling, took my supps. Played music in my ears and I quickly woke up. There were way too many people in the gym, I hate it when its crowded and pisses me off seeing people smile and talk...MOVE! ahh, I guess I have anger management or something. Anyway, today went something like this...
*Incline Flye: 25x15 4 sets
*Cable Crossover: 40x15, 50x15, 60x15, 40x15
*One arm DB Row: 55x10 4sets
*Wide grip lat pulldown: 110x10 4sets
*Barbell overhead press: barx8, 65x18, barx18, barx10
*Upright Row: 40x10, 50x10, 60x10, 50x10 (I used to do 40's only)
*Barbell Shrug: 135x10, 155x10, 135x10, 135x10
*Rope crunch: 130x15 5sets
And my own little routine for abs, they were on fire.

I know I could have done better but it was too damn crowded.Went to work this morning and the weather was hotter than its been here lately so I was sweating my ass off. The uniforms we have are thick and they do not breathe for shit so it was fun getting my hands black with oil and hydraulic fluids and my shirt soaked on sweat. Cannot complain, it aint as hot as other deserts...
I am out!

rmeguy
07-16-09, 9:38 am
lookin good. Yea we just had 2 new units come over here so needless to say our gym is now packed 24/7. Your numbers are lookin awesome..I really do wish u were here now.lol, then i would have someone to work out with the same intensity and drive as me. Lookin forward to seeing more!

-Ben

sreyes1091
07-16-09, 5:11 pm
One thing about the military is that you never know until you are there. You will never know when your shift will change, when you are leaving country, if you will be able to go home, dates, times, nothing, nada! So this morning I had a "special" duty that required me getting up at 0430. I usually wake up at 1200ish so that was a huge difference in time. I did not sleep one bit. Maybe, maybe 30 minutes the most but that was it. I spent 6 hours under the sun with lack of sleep and food. Not a happy camper. Anyway, finally got some sort of food on my system and went to the gym. Worked legs and arms plus 18 minutes of cardio, why not 20? I was going delirious...No sleep, no good!
Dinner has been the best meal I've had this entire trip. Rice, slices of turkey, broccoli, 5 egg whites and a tbl spoon of peanut butter plus a bottle of water.
I will post my workout tomorrow, I need some sleep.
I am out!

Mr.Chaos
07-17-09, 4:52 am
Oorah.... I know the feeling. Spent my share of time in the desert. Arty guys spend their lives on the go.

You will be fine. Tough chick I must say. I wish some of the lazy ass LCPL's and Pfc's on my gun would take a lesson from you. I could use a worker like yourself. got a positon open as a four gunner. If you werent a female Id ask if you would be interested. I think the Corps should make an exception for you.... Kill?

(I know you are in the army, ever thought about a transfer?/// Sorry my sense of humor isnt that great)...

Kill bodies.

sreyes1091
07-17-09, 9:56 am
Oorah.... I know the feeling. Spent my share of time in the desert. Arty guys spend their lives on the go.

You will be fine. Tough chick I must say. I wish some of the lazy ass LCPL's and Pfc's on my gun would take a lesson from you. I could use a worker like yourself. got a positon open as a four gunner. If you werent a female Id ask if you would be interested. I think the Corps should make an exception for you.... Kill?

(I know you are in the army, ever thought about a transfer?/// Sorry my sense of humor isnt that great)...

Kill bodies.

So no females allowed? That's crap. You know what? I am thinking about becoming a marine but I want to get my degree first. Chains of command can use people with experience, someone who has been there, ya know?
And I am doing what I can in regards to your last line =) Keep in touch and thanks for the words!

sreyes1091
07-17-09, 10:22 am
Finally got a good sleep last night, it was heaven! Took my shake and paks and went to the gym. I was planning on running a bit but my legs were hard as stone from the last workout. It was hurting too much to run the way I wanted so I jogged for about 18 minutes. Today was supposed to be chest, back, traps and lats but something different went on. As I walked towards the Inclined bench, a huge muscle man came up to me and said he wanted to me to join them (there were about three of them) and do abs then we can do chest and so I agreed. I have neglected my abs for a while so I needed it anyway. We started with the decline sit ups, 25 reps 4 sets. The decline bench was pretty steep so it wasn't that easy. Knocked those out and went to the mats. Grabbed a barbell, placed a plate on it (and 25 for me), laid on my back, held the bar up high and brought my toes to the plate, 10 times each side. Full core workout, it was awesome. Again, 4 sets of 20 (10 each side). Got those done and did some circuit trainers with flutter kicks, and three other crazy exercises I do not have a name for. From there, this animal asked me if I still wanted to work chest and of course I said hell yeah. Took me to the inclined, placed 4 plates of 5 on each side and said to do 10 reps and he would remove a plate until I had the bar by itself. Did the same for flat bench. I thought my shoulders were going to explode, it felt amazing. Headed to the decline sit-up area and did some "weird" DB press, it includes twisting the weights once they are up and making them touch...not sure what is the name for that. But I started with 20x10 / 25x10 / 30x10 / 35x10. From there we did some dips (tried to) but my shoulder was done so we did some machine work and called it a day. Does not seem like much but it took two hours and I am still in pain.
Went to work, grabbed some chow (rice, fish, green beans and for desert, grapes and a table spoon of PB). Now, relaxing...until I get called.
Done, son!

sreyes1091
07-19-09, 10:07 pm
You know you are ready to come home when you are this close of choking someone for walking too slow. The wind pisses me off, the people I am around piss me off, the food pisses me off, everything is ticking me off already. I have been living these months out here by saying to myself, "I am getting some money out here, I do not have to worry about little bullshit stuff at home, I have got a bed, food and a gym so I am set...this is life." However, life stops being "it" when there is no privacy. There is no life when there is no place to runaway for a little bit and let your thoughts run wild. There are no roads or cars to go for a drive. There are no comfortable beds to take a nap on or a nice air conditioner that you can adjust as needed and/or wanted. There is no choice in the food you eat. There is no quiet space nor there is a steady, slow pace. There is gravel everywhere and mud when it rains. There is dirt when its windy and a pool of sweat when you sleep. There are people everywhere crowding every inch of your life and the non stop sounds of jets. There are frozen vegetables and uncooked noodles. The good thing about this place is the gym, open 24/7 and weights everywhere. Yeah, obnoxious people still come to the gym but I can easily clock them with a dumbbell, ok...maybe not but the thought was pleasant.
"How was your weekend, Rey?" / "Ah, gee, thanks for asking you asshole, war does not have weekends nor days off and I thought today was Friday, so you want to know how my weekend went? Worked out, worked, ate and slept...anything else?"
Another thing that kills me is hearing people I talk to on-line from the states saying how hard their day was...Aw, I am so sorry you are so stuffed from eating with your family and now your tummy aches, hmm...
I wish people could make an effort on thinking before speaking.
Today I took the day off the gym and it was glorious...I was losing motivation but now I am craving to go back in and get my body pumped and aching.
Few more weeks and I should be home, 'til then..."uuuuusssaaaaaaa".

BryanSmash!
07-19-09, 11:01 pm
Lol at your first line. Deployments do that to a person.

J-PILE
07-20-09, 1:46 am
I'm lovin' it! Subbed. Keep kickin' some ass girl and don't get discouraged... your almost home!!

rmeguy
07-20-09, 1:51 am
You know you are ready to come home when you are this close of choking someone for walking too slow. The wind pisses me off, the people I am around piss me off, the food pisses me off, everything is ticking me off already. I have been living these months out here by saying to myself, "I am getting some money out here, I do not have to worry about little bullshit stuff at home, I have got a bed, food and a gym so I am set...this is life." However, life stops being "it" when there is no privacy. There is no life when there is no place to runaway for a little bit and let your thoughts run wild. There are no roads or cars to go for a drive. There are no comfortable beds to take a nap on or a nice air conditioner that you can adjust as needed and/or wanted. There is no choice in the food you eat. There is no quiet space nor there is a steady, slow pace. There is gravel everywhere and mud when it rains. There is dirt when its windy and a pool of sweat when you sleep. There are people everywhere crowding every inch of your life and the non stop sounds of jets. There are frozen vegetables and uncooked noodles. The good thing about this place is the gym, open 24/7 and weights everywhere. Yeah, obnoxious people still come to the gym but I can easily clock them with a dumbbell, ok...maybe not but the thought was pleasant.
"How was your weekend, Rey?" / "Ah, gee, thanks for asking you asshole, war does not have weekends nor days off and I thought today was Friday, so you want to know how my weekend went? Worked out, worked, ate and slept...anything else?"
Another thing that kills me is hearing people I talk to on-line from the states saying how hard their day was...Aw, I am so sorry you are so stuffed from eating with your family and now your tummy aches, hmm...
I wish people could make an effort on thinking before speaking.
Today I took the day off the gym and it was glorious...I was losing motivation but now I am craving to go back in and get my body pumped and aching.
Few more weeks and I should be home, 'til then..."uuuuusssaaaaaaa".

Well im glad someone actually took the time to write down what everyone else is thinking.lol. I read that and the first thing that came to my mind was 'holy shit thats me'
Although thankfully i am very very close to coming home but rey, i am probably heading your way in about a year. lol. keep your head up and be strong, youever need anything just PM me. Later!

-Ben

sreyes1091
07-20-09, 9:40 pm
Ok, I am convinced the food out here is poisonous but I guess its better than having hunger cramps. Chew, don't smell it and swallow.
I am on cruise control. This is when you are close to coming home and you no longer give a shit, can't tell me nothing! I cannot explain how bad I want to come home.
I have changed my routine since I got back after my day off today. I am going to do about an hour of cardio when I first wake up on an empty stomach and do weights when I get back from work. Today for example, woke up, dragged my ass to the gym almost tripping and falling due to the huge ass rocks on the ground so I made it to the gym safely and got on the elliptical for 20 minutes. I made sure I kept my heart rate between 60% and 80%. Then I went to the bike racing looking thingy and I did it for 20 minutes at a high-medium resistance (it made my ass hurt, I hate it). Finally, got on the treadmill and found out it was a huge mistake doing the bike before...I jogged/walked 20 minutes. Afterward I did abs for about 10 minutes and I was pouring sweating, it was great!
Had my day at work and went to the gym once I got done.
I started with the inclined bench, 5 sets of 75...I know, not that big of a deal but chest is not my best area.
Inclined dumbbell press 5 sets of 10 with 30lbs each.
Straight Arm lats pulldown 70x10 / 80x10 / 90x10 / 80x10 / 80x10
Seated cable rows 90x10 / 105x10 / 105x10 / 90x10/ 75x10
T-Bar row 10x10 / 15x10 / 20x10 / 25x10 / 25x10
DB Shrugs 55x10 / 60x10 / 65x10 / 65x10 / 65x10
DB Shoulder Press 5 sets of 10 25lbs
DB One hand row 5 sets of 10 55lbs
Cable one arm lats 70x10 / 80x10 / 90x10 / 90x10 / 90x10
.....and ABS for like 20 minutes straight.
Working out made me feel so much better, I am nicer to the world when I tare my muscles out, it's lovely.
Tomorrow I am planning on doing cardio and arms in the morning, going to work, hopefully coming back at a decent hour and LEGS TIME! I have a feeling its going to be a hectic day...again, thanks al'qaeda.
Oh! My numbers did not go down by the way, I am doing more sets and keeping a decent weight, I am trying to change it up and see what this does to my body. I hate it that I do not have an image of me to see progress or not...Soooo...yeah. I am out!

sreyes1091
07-20-09, 9:42 pm
I'm lovin' it! Subbed. Keep kickin' some ass girl and don't get discouraged... your almost home!!

Thanks J, I need to remind myself I am one step closer...I appreciate those words though!

Mr.Chaos
07-20-09, 10:31 pm
Thanks J, I need to remind myself I am one step closer...I appreciate those words though!

Deployments, deployments, deployments. Now I am not too familiar with what an areil gunner really does... But, I do know a thing or two about deployments. Take it with a grain of salt. There are those times when the tension and boredom have built up to a point that brings thought of insanity.

On the other hand Reves, This is what we do. We wage war for better or for worse. When the shit hits the fan... Well there was no where else I would rather have been then deployed. I look back on the crazy shit we did and ask myself how the fuck did I live through all that.

This crazy life that we have so willingly enlisted in is 90% agonizing boredom and 10% nerve racking, fear bringiong terror. I always thought about it that way. I was very much willing to put up with the the 90 percent, so that I may participate in the all so awesome 10 percent.

Keep hookin and jabbin. Oooorah?

sreyes1091
07-21-09, 12:09 pm
Deployments, deployments, deployments. Now I am not too familiar with what an areil gunner really does... But, I do know a thing or two about deployments. Take it with a grain of salt. There are those times when the tension and boredom have built up to a point that brings thought of insanity.

On the other hand Reves, This is what we do. We wage war for better or for worse. When the shit hits the fan... Well there was no where else I would rather have been then deployed. I look back on the crazy shit we did and ask myself how the fuck did I live through all that.

This crazy life that we have so willingly enlisted in is 90% agonizing boredom and 10% nerve racking, fear bringiong terror. I always thought about it that way. I was very much willing to put up with the the 90 percent, so that I may participate in the all so awesome 10 percent.

Keep hookin and jabbin. Oooorah?

Oooorah!
Thanks bro, I know how is it like, its my fourth and last (for a while at least), I am getting out in September and that's another reason why I am going bananas out here. I need to be home doing paperwork, getting ready to separate, figuring my life because this is all I know and I will be facing real life shortly, ya know? I have sent e-mails asking questions yet no one takes the time to answer, I guess there is too much work going on in the States, ha! So, I know, I am taking it one step at a time but it feels good to squeeze the sponge that has been absorbing these feelings for a while now, ya know?
Time to go to work now and have some fun...Thanks again!

sreyes1091
07-22-09, 9:38 pm
Yesterday...the whole day, I wished it would have happen before, way before in the beginning of my trip. Yesterday, my questions were answered. Yesterday, I got to put some people out of their miseries for messing with the wrong kind. Yesterday, I saved some people's lives. It was a good night for us. Not much has happened here out of the ordinary to break that tedious cycle of doing the same shit over and over again. So I was at the point where I did not feel needed, I did not feel pleased of wasting my time out here, I have so much shit to do back home yet I am stuck in the desert doing the same shit day and night. However, last night was completely different. Hearing those calls made for us in urgency, feeling my blood pump getting higher, hearing absolutely nothing while locking and loading until my weapon is released...that, that right there reminded me why I signed my life away. That reminded me that not everyone is capable of doing this. That reminded me that I am on a real mission. One shot, one kill. That reminded me that my life depends on others....so that others may live. Yesterday was the pinnacle of my trip, yesterday I realized things that I was blinded to see. Now, I am awake, I am on my feet, watching and hunting. The thought of coming home is pleasant but the thought of ensuring more people come home is even better. Remember always...So that others may live.

sreyes1091
07-23-09, 11:58 am
Today was a beautiful workout day. My partner, a man 100 pounds heavier than me with little body fat. He actually enjoys working out with me which I find surprising. Never expected to workout with someone WAY out of my level but it was the best motivation to have right in front of my face. Today was back and shoulders and I let him lead. Started off with some military presses, to be honest with you, I have never done it so started off with the bar, than went to 65lbs, over head, behind the head...my shoulders were on fire after 5 sets of these bad boys. From there we did shoulder lateral and front raises using a 10lbs DB. Not sure how many sets we did, I was following his lead, he was standing in front of me and I was just copying him dripping in sweat letting my shoulders yell. It was Arnold's time, started off with 25lbs DB until my shoulders gave out so I lowered it to 20lbs for 5 sets all. The last shoulder exercise before moving on to back...upright rows. Mind you, I was using the french curl bars 40lbs for this, never actually used the real bars but I gave it a try. Started off with just the bar 10 reps. Somehow I went from 45lbs to 65lbs, I never complained...I had to give it a shot. 3 sets of 10 reps, will not say it was cake because they sucked the life out of me but it was fucking awesome. Anyway, it was back time. Did some DB work then went to the front lat pull down. I went from 75lbs to 120lbs...I do not know how the fuck I did it but the damage was done. What a sweet, sweet pain. 3 sets and we moved to the cable rows. 90lbs for three sets and it was deadlifts time. He asked where was I comfortable doing deads and I told him 25lbs so he quickly got the plates. 135lbs romanian deads 3 sets for 10 reps...I remember looking at the bar and hearing "now, PULL!" Ha, up, down, up down ARGHH up, down....haha, best fucking workout I have had for a while. Tomorrow will be bi's and tri's and I cannot fucking wait.

So last night at the gym I got told I am an Alpha female...took me a while to realize what he said but I was dripping in sweat, holding the weight behind my head, out of breath but I just would not quit for shit. I am a loner though, I do not like people shifting their attention to me for no reason, I do not like to be seen...I am a people watcher, I am the analyzer but when it comes to the gym, everyone disappears, its an unfinished business between the weight and me. No one is watching, no one is around...just me, hungry for pain.

Few more days until I see if I can accomplish my goal of benching 135lbs at least 5 times on my own. There is a countdown out there and its approaching quickly. Just a few more days...

Mr. Dead
07-23-09, 3:27 pm
Great stuff in here!!! Consider me subbed!!!

sreyes1091
07-25-09, 6:35 pm
Tomorrow morning I am going for that 135lbs...I do not promise anything except I will do my best and that bar better go up on my command without any help. This is all I got.

Mr.Chaos
07-26-09, 1:50 am
four deployments? uggghhhh... add two more and you will be where I was about three years ago... A man ( or lady in your case) ready to get the fuck out of the service.

There is only one problem. Every one misses the desert. No matter how much you say you wont, no matter how many times you think about going to college or being a cop or opening a gym.... We always think about what we did back in that sand or in some other god awful place in a country far far away.

Economy isnt doing toooo damn great right now. It might be best to stick out a few more years in the suck till this shit blows over. If you dont like the sand find an admin spot and spend some time as a bonified POG. Just some food for thought killer.

If you got any questions or need help adjusting back to civillian life hit me up. We are all on the same team (hahaha... some of us just work a bit harder... again my pro MARINE humor, take no offense..) let me know..

kill them all

weedlewott
07-26-09, 1:55 am
I'm most definitely following this one. Your first post was an inspiration in itself. I'm working on my first deployment, but the desert is the desert. You have got more respect from me than you know right now. I'm looking forward to seeing better things from you. Don't disappoint.

sreyes1091
07-26-09, 9:52 am
four deployments? uggghhhh... add two more and you will be where I was about three years ago... A man ( or lady in your case) ready to get the fuck out of the service.

There is only one problem. Every one misses the desert. No matter how much you say you wont, no matter how many times you think about going to college or being a cop or opening a gym.... We always think about what we did back in that sand or in some other god awful place in a country far far away.

Economy isnt doing toooo damn great right now. It might be best to stick out a few more years in the suck till this shit blows over. If you dont like the sand find an admin spot and spend some time as a bonified POG. Just some food for thought killer.

If you got any questions or need help adjusting back to civillian life hit me up. We are all on the same team (hahaha... some of us just work a bit harder... again my pro MARINE humor, take no offense..) let me know..

kill them all

Haha! No worries man, I got a good sense of humor. I am already a few steps ahead so I am not backing out. I will get my degree and come back in the service, hopefully go to OCS so I will be back. About the admin job...I would kill myself. I cannot stand being on a desk, simply sucks...thats pretty much why I have the job I have.
I appreciate those words though and I will be asking for help lol.

sreyes1091
07-26-09, 9:55 am
I'm most definitely following this one. Your first post was an inspiration in itself. I'm working on my first deployment, but the desert is the desert. You have got more respect from me than you know right now. I'm looking forward to seeing better things from you. Don't disappoint.

I am glad it was an inspiration to someone. The desert IS the desert however, you make your trip what you want of it. Stay motivated and positive. There are a lot of fucked up things you will see and live but just gotta push through...The only one who can stop you is yourself. Stay motivated and if you need anything, let me know...I will do what I can to hlp you out.

sreyes1091
07-26-09, 10:19 am
In the beginning of my trip, I had a workout partner who did he's own thing and would let me do my own thing. Never pushed me, just let me lift what I could. I pushed myself every time but did not have any goals set in my mind. I started benching in the desert. I went from just lifting the bar to 65lbs then 70lbs moving up to 75lbs all the way to 95lbs comfortable. I pushed myself up to 115lbs max. All of a sudden, I knew I had to do a plate...it became my goal. I know I am strong for a female but I have never lifted before as much so it was all about muscle memory and getting used to it. Today was the day I was going to attempt going for that 135lbs at least once or twice.

I did my cardio on the elliptical for 20 minutes keeping my heart rate between 140 to 160. Stretched a bit and we headed to the flat bench. Warmed up at 95lbs for 10 reps. Second set, 8 reps at 105lbs. Third set, 6 reps at 115lbs. Fourth set, 4 reps at 125lbs. Fifth set, 2 reps at 135 (got it up once and got helped the second). Sixth set, 2 reps at 135lbs...Just had someone guide me but I did it myself. I cannot tell you how fucking happy that got me. Yeah, my shoulder gave up on me and they were on fire, yeah I was sweating like a pig and maybe a few grunts here and there but I pushed that bar up and I gave it my all. Feels good knowing not too long ago I was only lifting a bar and now plates. My next goal will be to do reps with plates.

After we got done maxing out it was time to do burnouts. I started with 5 weights of 10lbs on each side, did 10 reps, held it while they took one on each side out, repeated until I had just the bar. I tell you what, that bar has never weighted so much to me before. We did three sets of these and every set we would go down on weights. From here we went to inclined DB press, 4 sets of 10 reps at 35lbs each. Then, wide flyes 4 sets of 10 reps at 15lbs. Moved on to pull overs 4 sets of 10 at 35lbs. At this time, I was pouring sweating, I could hardly drink my water because my shoulders were spent but I still had the energy...I could not give up. We did 4 sets of 10 reps each for dips and push ups. I did not realize how burnt my chest was until the push ups, holy shit! Once we got done we did one machine exercise and got told today was just the warm-up, tomorrow will be the real deal.

I am 5'7" at 152lbs, body fat unknown for now. I will bench more than what I weight. Oh! I used to wear size small for shirts and they used to fit fine, a bit lose. Now, medium fit much better. I wore my animal shirt today and its tighter than usual especially on shoulders area. Its fucking awesome!
Funny how my mom filled my thoughts growing up that I had to be small and blah blah blah. Now, I love getting bigger (as long as my waist stays small) but I love seeing the changes through clothes I wear. This site has been one of the greatest motivation by far.

sreyes1091
07-27-09, 9:56 am
Last night I started packing and moving my things to a different place. The room which I made my home was empty and it was bright so I slept maybe 5 hours for the last time in the room I called my home for a while. My alarm went off and although I wanted to stay in bed, I dragged my ass out, played some hyped up music while I was getting ready, searched through my body bag to find my gloves and out the door I was. Got to the gym already sweating, it's fucking hot outside. Hopped on the elliptical for 25 minutes and kept a heart rate of 160 as much as I could. We started the workout by doing 2 sets of 50 reps weighted declined abs. Then 3 sets of pull-ups of 10 reps. I got told if I was ready for a back day...shit, I came ready for chest but sure, fuck it, let's roll! So we did lat pull-down making sure the bar touched the chest at 115x20, 115x18, 115x16, 115x14, 115x12, 115x10 then the same behind the neck. I got blisters on my hands even though I was using gloves. Knocked those out and moved on to DB Rows 4 sets of 10 at 40lbs raising it up all the way to the ribs and down to the ground. Set up two 140lbs DB on the ground and do 4 sets of 25 deep push-ups (that shit sucked!) and finished up by doing abs. Back on the ground and legs on the bench, come up touch right elbow to left knee, down, up left elbow to right knee, down, up both elbows to knees ONE...up to 15 for 4 sets. We did three more exercises including leg raises, flutter kicks and something else. By the time we got done it looked like I jumped in a pool. Awesome workout day. Tomorrow might be traps and lats...

Few more days and I will be home again. I am starting to miss this place and the people already. Shit, I had to move in to a different place and that just simply sucks, living in a backpack its not my favorite thing but at least it won't be for too long.

Anyway, time to go to work...

sreyes1091
07-29-09, 9:16 am
I find it amazing how time flies by when you do something you love. Does not matter was going on outside of the gym, does not matter how stressed you were an hour ago...once you open that door and music is blaring in your ear, once you smell that specific scent and you hear grunts of fighters all around, time stops. You are ready to rock and roll, it will be a painful two hour ride but you will enjoy it. Yesterday it took me a while to get up so I did not have enough time to get my morning workout and time for me dragged ass. Then the night came, finally and I headed over to the gym at 2000. Started with cardio, worked traps, lats and back to cardio. Right when I thought I was done at 2200, my partner walked in and he said, "You may not want to stick around for this...it's going to be a painful night"...Fuck it, bring it on, I am on cruise control with nothing else better to do. He started the workout with 10 sets of 10 reps deep squats superset with 25 decline sit-ups. In total, 100 deep squats and 250 sit-ups. Then we moved over to the leg presses at 200lbs 5 sets of 10 reps bringing it all the way down until it touched the base and up. Leg extensions, I cannot remember the weight but it was heavy, 3 sets of 12 and one last set of 12 reps each leg then both. Same thing of leg curls. Moved on to seated calf raise at 100lbs for 20 reps superset with standing calf raise for 15 at 115lbs 3 sets. We got done at 2356...almost close to 4 hours and it did not seem like it.

This morning I went for my cardio at 0900 and 30 minutes later my partner shows up. Started with barbell curls 4 sets of 10 at 65lbs. Then 1,2,3...all the way to 10 reps with the bar. Skull crushers using the bar for 10 superset with close grip press. Preacher burnouts at 45lbs using 4 10lbs and one 5lbs, did 10 reps took one out, 10 reps took one out until one 10lbs was left for one arm 10 reps each. We did two sets of this and holy shit... From here we moved on to reverse close grip bench press at 65lbs for 3 sets and eneded up the workout with lower abs exercises.

If it was not for the gym, I would have gone insane out here. I am going to miss the people I met here, I learned so much and gained crazy motivation by working out with rangers...animals. I have one last day to use this gym and it will be worth it.

..On my way to become an animal..

wedge
07-29-09, 10:53 am
Sounds like you're well on your way to becoming an Animal. I have no doubt you'll keep it up.

shortstack
07-29-09, 10:55 am
That must have been an intense work out.

In my opinion you're way past on your way to becoming an animal. You have alot of guts doing what you do and I respect the hell out of that.

If you back and available to travel by the time the Arnold Classic rolls around you should do whatever you can to make it to Columbus, OH. You would be on cloud 9 and learn a ton.

Keep up the great work.

Shortstack

sreyes1091
07-29-09, 5:09 pm
Sounds like you're well on your way to becoming an Animal. I have no doubt you'll keep it up.

Thanks! I will not let this go, I think I am too deep into this...the addiction is growing rapidly and it won't stop.

sreyes1091
07-29-09, 5:15 pm
That must have been an intense work out.

In my opinion you're way past on your way to becoming an animal. You have alot of guts doing what you do and I respect the hell out of that.

If you back and available to travel by the time the Arnold Classic rolls around you should do whatever you can to make it to Columbus, OH. You would be on cloud 9 and learn a ton.

Keep up the great work.

Shortstack

Thank you for your words, shortstack!

I should be available next year for it and I will do everything I can to go. I have heard a lot of great things about it and I do think I will be on cloud 9...

I am new in this game so I have not been to any competition or show but I would love to ... soon.

J-Dawg
07-31-09, 9:55 am
I find it amazing how time flies by when you do something you love. Does not matter was going on outside of the gym, does not matter how stressed you were an hour ago...once you open that door and music is blaring in your ear, once you smell that specific scent and you hear grunts of fighters all around, time stops. You are ready to rock and roll, it will be a painful two hour ride but you will enjoy it. Yesterday it took me a while to get up so I did not have enough time to get my morning workout and time for me dragged ass. Then the night came, finally and I headed over to the gym at 2000. Started with cardio, worked traps, lats and back to cardio. Right when I thought I was done at 2200, my partner walked in and he said, "You may not want to stick around for this...it's going to be a painful night"...Fuck it, bring it on, I am on cruise control with nothing else better to do. He started the workout with 10 sets of 10 reps deep squats superset with 25 decline sit-ups. In total, 100 deep squats and 250 sit-ups. Then we moved over to the leg presses at 200lbs 5 sets of 10 reps bringing it all the way down until it touched the base and up. Leg extensions, I cannot remember the weight but it was heavy, 3 sets of 12 and one last set of 12 reps each leg then both. Same thing of leg curls. Moved on to seated calf raise at 100lbs for 20 reps superset with standing calf raise for 15 at 115lbs 3 sets. We got done at 2356...almost close to 4 hours and it did not seem like it.

This morning I went for my cardio at 0900 and 30 minutes later my partner shows up. Started with barbell curls 4 sets of 10 at 65lbs. Then 1,2,3...all the way to 10 reps with the bar. Skull crushers using the bar for 10 superset with close grip press. Preacher burnouts at 45lbs using 4 10lbs and one 5lbs, did 10 reps took one out, 10 reps took one out until one 10lbs was left for one arm 10 reps each. We did two sets of this and holy shit... From here we moved on to reverse close grip bench press at 65lbs for 3 sets and eneded up the workout with lower abs exercises.

If it was not for the gym, I would have gone insane out here. I am going to miss the people I met here, I learned so much and gained crazy motivation by working out with rangers...animals. I have one last day to use this gym and it will be worth it.

..On my way to become an animal..

Great post Rey Rey. It's amazing once you step into the gym, all other cares/concerns fly out the window and it's down to just just you and the weights and no other distractions. Keep up the hard workouts in here.

sreyes1091
08-04-09, 1:49 am
We are in Saudi Arabia and it's fucking hot. It literally feels like a sauna. Just walking a few feet its exhausting so very frustrating. I did not think I was going to get the chance to go to the gym out here since we only have a 72 hour bag for 5 days but I found a laundry tent which worked out perfectly. We got here about three days ago, took a shower and knocked out for a while. Got up, met some friends and out here there's alcohol (no bueno) so my buddies wanted to have their first three beers. Cannot lie, I had mine as well. I have not been craving alcohol what so ever so it got me other than fucked up, a bit sick. Went to bed, slept for about 4-5 hours and woke up wanting to go the gym so bad. It was hot as shit in the tent so might as well sweat doing something productive.

I was surprise when I saw the gym here, the one in Afghanistan is way much better than the one out here...you would figure it would be the opposite but I guess more money goes into the bar than this...shame.
Anyway, ran for 20 minutes and I was drenched in sweat (I guess that was the alcohol), did 300 reps of different exercises for abs and then headed for the weights.
I did just about 5 sets of squats, 5 sets of deads, leg extensions, leg curls and calf raises. It felt so good to be able to sweat the alcohol off.

We spent the day...shit, I don't remember what else happened yesterday.
Anyway, I ended up going to the gym again last night while everyone else was having drinks, it felt awesome. I did 30 minutes of cardio and worked traps, lats, shoulders and back. Amazing!
Today...ready to go home, my real home.
Long ass flight ahead of me...I am out.

sreyes1091
08-04-09, 1:51 am
Great post Rey Rey. It's amazing once you step into the gym, all other cares/concerns fly out the window and it's down to just just you and the weights and no other distractions. Keep up the hard workouts in here.

Thanks! I am doing what I can one day at a time =). Thanks to this site I got to see things from a very different point of view, its great!

BryanSmash!
08-04-09, 2:00 am
Glad your going to be back conus! Welcome home!

weedlewott
08-04-09, 2:30 am
Look at you. Getting shit done. That's what's up.

PIJW
08-10-09, 11:54 am
hey reyrey, i loved the gym when i was in iraq, i used to go after my shift since i worked at night. i also used to go during the night to pass the time. I hated the early morning workout cause they always shot damn rockets where we were at and i woud have to stop mid rep of what ever i was doing to head into to a protective building. Glad to see others are taking advantage of thier downtimes out there.

sreyes1091
08-14-09, 4:04 pm
Arrived home safe and sound. It was like Christmas when I came in my house, I had all of my Animal products delivered =). The humidity has been one of the biggest changes for me when it comes to workouts. My body was already used to the dry heat so when I attempted to run here in Florida, wow...it was sorry. Anyway...I live about an hour from base so I was already planning on waking up dawn ass early so i can workout in the mornings and then later on after work. I was not too excited about it since I love to ride my bike but with the heat, carrying a backpack full of clothes and food its not so much fun...the money spent on gas was going to be ridiculous. Yesterday, before going grocery shopping stopped by a gym 1 mile away from my house and loved it. It is fucking awesome knowing I can go to the gym whenever I feel like it and I do not have to drive an hour to get to it.
Anyway, I have been to the gym three, maybe 6 times since I got home. The day before yesterday I went to the gym in base and asked to get my body fat measured. The lady got my age, height and weight. According to the chart, there are three categories, Low, Recommended, and High. I am at 21% which is the lowest for the recommended category. It seems high as shit in my eyes but she said that was really good. It used to be 27% a couple of months ago so I know I am doing something.
"Wow! you are huge!", I do not know how many times I have heard this since I got home but I love it! Few posts ago I wrote about mirrors and not being able to see changes. When I got home, I do not know how much time I spent in the mirror simply amazed at the growth, cuts and differences. So far, my training has remained on point.
Life wise, stress consumed me for a while. I am separating from Active Duty in September but taking terminal leave in three weeks. No one was able to help when I was deployed so I had to wait to begin my paperwork until I return. Did not realize the amount of paperwork it takes to separate, its fucking ridiculous. Anyway, with me separating so soon I had to either go to school ASAP or find a job...ASAP. I did not know what to do but today things started falling into place. I will be applying for the police academy and starting the 24th. One of the main things for the application and information is the physical area...damn I am excited about it.
The gym has been keeping me calm, last night was legs and it was awesome. Today will be shoulder, traps, lats and cardio.
My diet is not perfect but its WAYYY BETTER. I am not so strict with it yet but I do not shitty food. I have only drank once since I got back and that was because of my "Welcome Home" party. Lots of water, vegetables and grilled chicken. That body fat WILL come down.
Anyway, thanks all of you for the support and I will keep updating.

PIJW
08-14-09, 5:53 pm
Have fun with all the paper work, it took me 2-3 weeks to get everything filled out and signed by everyone, it was easier signing up then getting out. keep up the good work and good luck on the force.

BryanSmash!
08-15-09, 12:57 am
Welcome back conus! Congrats on your ETS, it's a painful process but it'll be over soon.

weedlewott
08-15-09, 1:47 am
Congrats on making it outta this hell hole. Glad to know you're enjoying yourself at home. Good luck with the PD. What part of Florida are you in? Isn't it a great feeling to get back to civilization?

ronnie
08-15-09, 2:23 am
wow, sreyes i look up to you! you have incredible desire and drive! as hard as i work and as serious as i take this lifestyle i cannot compare myself to you. you have got heart!

i think everyone in the forum should take some notes from you. KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!

sreyes1091
08-24-09, 6:33 pm
Man, it has been quite a road since I got back. Finally, FINALLY today was my last day in uniform and although I loved my job and the military, it was already time for me to move on into bigger, better and greater things. It was a painful process trying to out process and get out. It is way easier getting into the military than getting out, shit. Without pumping any breaks, I will be starting the Law Enforcement Academy tomorrow and I cannot wait. Since I have been busy as shit these past few days, gym has been 5 a week instead of 6. I do not carry my green book with my workout perfectly proportioned and created so I can work in order and make sure I work out everything without any gaps. However, I have been trying to do my best to workout that certain body part of the day as good as I can accompanied by some cardio, of course.
I miss this place...I miss the desert. All I had to do was worry about being to work on time and outside of my job, gym twice a day then chow and sleep. I did not have to be a grown up and deal with life. Hmm...Glad to be back though lol.
I have been getting looks in the gym not sure if they are "good" or "bad" stares. Anyway, the ladies in the gym do...well...girly workouts...? I am the only female grunting and bench pressing by myself. I am the only female deadlifting.The only not talking and flirting with guys. The only who looks pissed off but carries a huge smile when in pain. So I get looks...they see me as a...an animal? Ha...One day I will show them what a truly Animal is. For now, I will let them know how to create one. =)
Out to the gym.

p.s. Thanks to all of you for supporting the troops.

belladiabla13
08-24-09, 7:17 pm
Im Bella. Nice to see another woman around here doing her thing!! THANK YOU FOR SERVING!

BryanSmash!
08-25-09, 12:45 am
When you get those stares, you know you're doing something right.

J-Dawg
08-25-09, 10:29 am
Man, it has been quite a road since I got back. Finally, FINALLY today was my last day in uniform and although I loved my job and the military, it was already time for me to move on into bigger, better and greater things. It was a painful process trying to out process and get out. It is way easier getting into the military than getting out, shit. Without pumping any breaks, I will be starting the Law Enforcement Academy tomorrow and I cannot wait. Since I have been busy as shit these past few days, gym has been 5 a week instead of 6. I do not carry my green book with my workout perfectly proportioned and created so I can work in order and make sure I work out everything without any gaps. However, I have been trying to do my best to workout that certain body part of the day as good as I can accompanied by some cardio, of course.
I miss this place...I miss the desert. All I had to do was worry about being to work on time and outside of my job, gym twice a day then chow and sleep. I did not have to be a grown up and deal with life. Hmm...Glad to be back though lol.
I have been getting looks in the gym not sure if they are "good" or "bad" stares. Anyway, the ladies in the gym do...well...girly workouts...? I am the only female grunting and bench pressing by myself. I am the only female deadlifting.The only not talking and flirting with guys. The only who looks pissed off but carries a huge smile when in pain. So I get looks...they see me as a...an animal? Ha...One day I will show them what a truly Animal is. For now, I will let them know how to create one. =)
Out to the gym.

p.s. Thanks to all of you for supporting the troops.

Keep it up reyrey. Some days it sucks being a grown up and having to deal with life, lol. But there are some things in life that get ya past it. The gym is definitely one of 'em. Best of luck with adjusting to the Law Enforcement Academy. Your hard work is gonna pay off.

Bootleg
08-27-09, 11:22 am
Great posts Rey! keep the drive, keep the fire alive. Welcome back.

wedge
08-27-09, 11:37 am
Welcome home. Really liked this part of one of your last posts.
"One day I will show them what a truly Animal is. For now, I will let them know how to create one." Wise words.

sreyes1091
08-31-09, 8:36 am
I start a brand new week at 0630 eating a PB&J with a glass of grapefruit juice, a pak and cuts. Last week was brutal. Waking up dawn ass early to run with a Marine, sit in class from 0800 til 1500 and come home, change and go to the gym. Saturday we took our first PT test. Now at 160lbs, 5'7", Mile and a half at 12:28, 300 mts sprint 55sec., 15" jump (I cant jump), 51 push ups and 55 sit-ups in a minute. I was surprised to see the extra 10lbs. My mother drilled fears in my head growing up, the higher the number...the fatter. I do not believe that, shit...I am trying to build muscle but I have not had the time to get my fat % so yeah, I am thinking my training is going to shit because I am getting fat. Anyway, my diet has been on point. Its been interesting finding new ways to make chicken and "sweets". I like eating healthy and now if I eat shit...I will feel like how I ate. Now, I have people asking me for advices and ways to lose weight, I will take that as a compliment.
Break is over. Time to roll. Thank you for the supports guys.
Gym this afternoon.
Have an awesome day.

BryanSmash!
08-31-09, 8:53 am
Those push ups and sit ups are outstanding! Nice job!

Bootleg
08-31-09, 9:51 am
I start a brand new week at 0630 eating a PB&J with a glass of grapefruit juice, a pak and cuts. Last week was brutal. Waking up dawn ass early to run with a Marine, sit in class from 0800 til 1500 and come home, change and go to the gym. Saturday we took our first PT test. Now at 160lbs, 5'7", Mile and a half at 12:28, 300 mts sprint 55sec., 15" jump (I cant jump), 51 push ups and 55 sit-ups in a minute. I was surprised to see the extra 10lbs. My mother drilled fears in my head growing up, the higher the number...the fatter. I do not believe that, shit...I am trying to build muscle but I have not had the time to get my fat % so yeah, I am thinking my training is going to shit because I am getting fat. Anyway, my diet has been on point. Its been interesting finding new ways to make chicken and "sweets". I like eating healthy and now if I eat shit...I will feel like how I ate. Now, I have people asking me for advices and ways to lose weight, I will take that as a compliment.
Break is over. Time to roll. Thank you for the supports guys.
Gym this afternoon.
Have an awesome day.

fat or no fat, keep being consistent and you shall see changes.

you too have a good day.

sreyes1091
10-14-09, 10:15 pm
Its been a while since I have been here although animal.com is my home page. Definitely, does not mean my lifestyle has been the same. Every morning (Monday - Friday) I get up at 0440 to be at the gym at 0450 and get an awesome workout for at least an hour. Tuesdays and Thursdays I have P.T. with the academy in the afternoon as well. Saturdays, I spend 8 hours holding a handgun and trust me, that shit works your shoulders like you would not imagine.
Anyway, life has been very busy for me. Took me a while to find "that" routine. It is not easy going to the gym at 0450 til 0630 then school from 0800-1800 and study for the rest of the night, cook a dinner and prepare the lunch for the next day AND attempt to go to sleep at 2100, of course, deal with the only one who puts up with my shit and loves me regardless the time I get my ass off bed.
There is a guy in my academy which we are becoming good friends and he started weighting 405lbs. I convinced him to join the gym I go to and show up at 0500. Now, he is at 350lbs. Makes me happy, I will not lie. Me, in the other hand, find myself at 158lbs. Kind of dreading finding out my body fat %. I have been keeping an "ok" diet but its not like what I had in the desert. Damn, I sometimes miss the desert, the time I had to workout, not dealing with time consuming BS, not dealing with, well, for lack of better words, life.
Tomorrow will be a beautiful day for back in the morning accompanied by pushups, pullups, situps and a 3 mile run in the afternoon...
Feels great to be back, feels good to be part of the animal community now, GET SOME!

BryanSmash!
10-14-09, 11:04 pm
Welcome back! Good training going on there. lol at the pistol working the shoulders, I do remember those days.

C.Coronato
10-15-09, 10:28 am
Welcome back, here or not, as long as you train hard and do your thing, thats great.

Your very inspirational, so dont stop what your doing.

Mr.Chaos
12-06-09, 9:24 pm
Kill.. Yeah I remember my time in the academy aswell... Shotgun range was a killer. Good luck on your probable cause learning domain. Shit requires some study time kiddo..How is everything else???

sreyes1091
12-07-09, 1:54 pm
Sup!
Its been a while, again but things are going pretty damn good.
I am at 160lbs. Body fat...dropped. From Monday to Friday I start my day at 0430 to be at the gym at 0445 until 0615. Mondays I work chest and triceps. Tuesdays are for back and biceps. Wednesday wheels. Thursday is for shoulders and traps. Friday is my tweak day.
Stats:
Bench Pressing 115lbs for reps and I can get 145lbs 5reps for 3sets.
DB Curls up to 30lbs and 65lbs with barbell.
Squats 145lbs for reps.
I have been working more on reps and less on maxing out.

Life wise, still in the Police Academy. I should graduate February 9. Money is tight. G.I. Bill is backed up so I have not gotten paid but I will do anything to keep paying the gym and stocking my fridge with chicken.

Heading out to the gym. Peace!

BryanSmash!
12-08-09, 12:06 am
Great numbers! Glad you're still killin it!