PDA

View Full Version : ok to do shoulders day before tris?

Muscleguy93
07-09-09, 9:39 pm
Hey guys, just a quick question: is it ok to do shoulders day before triceps?

chest- mon
tues-back
weds- delts/traps
thrus-arms
fri- legs

Dedicated
07-09-09, 9:48 pm
I don't really like that split but you should be fine. I only do one pressing exercise with shoulders and that doesn't tend to bother my tri's too much.

It's not optimal but it's not gonna kill you either.

sunny_max
07-09-09, 9:48 pm
i used to do it all the time...still do it sometimes if i miss one of my workouts.....i aint very knowledgable but ummmmm i never had a problem with it......but my workout buddy cant do it.......he says his triceps are too pumped to work on em..which i think is wrong as he is placing too much pressure on his tricps while doing his shoulders.......

Dedicated
07-09-09, 9:56 pm
which i think is wrong as he is placing too much pressure on his tricps while doing his shoulders.......

Exactly. That being said, you shouldn't do triceps before your shoulder day. In my opinion at least.

Muscleguy93
07-09-09, 10:28 pm
when I do shoulders(i only have one pressing: OH press) i almost dont feel it in my tris at all. i currently have an off day as my "shoulder day" I stuff bis,tris,delts all into thrus, thats why I was think about taking out the off day and putting in shoulders so I can really foucus on either arms or delts.

MVP
07-09-09, 11:09 pm
Yes. Shoulders and triceps can be close together, just not chest and triceps.

Muscleguy93
07-09-09, 11:20 pm
ight thx bros

cartertk
07-21-09, 7:58 pm
U can definitely do triceps & shoulders the same day. I actually just started a new training program which calls for these two to be trained the same day. Worked really well for me the last time I did it and I'm expecting the same type of gains this go around. Try it..experiment...just keep the exercises basic...skull crushers, shoulder presses...I bet U will get a wicked pump.

type-A
07-21-09, 9:07 pm
Yeah man thats cool, you can always do chest or shoulders BEFORE tri's, but never do tri's befoer chest or shoulders. Always wait atleast a day before working chest or delts after your work triceps, atleast that is what I have found to be optimal in my experience, everybody heals different.

MVP
07-21-09, 9:21 pm
Chest and shoulders and chest and triceps should be separated.

Shoulders and triceps can be done back to back.

Muscleguy93
07-22-09, 12:50 am
thanks again guys. rlly helped me out.

Muscleguy93
07-22-09, 11:26 pm
I didnt wana make a new thread so... Is it bad to work traps day after back? my traps are a little lagging a little and i wana add some shrugs to my delt day(weds). I deadlift,row and chin(tues) so will this be good? theres no way i can add shrugs to my back day becuase after my last set of rows I am smoked.

whosnexttt
07-22-09, 11:33 pm
I didnt wana make a new thread so... Is it bad to work traps day after back? my traps are a little lagging a little and i wana add some shrugs to my delt day(weds). I deadlift,row and chin(tues) so will this be good? theres no way i can add shrugs to my back day becuase after my last set of rows I am smoked.

na its alright to work traps after back, but what you can do is alternate weekly with deadlifts and replace them with heavy shrugs

Muscleguy93
07-22-09, 11:58 pm
na its alright to work traps after back, but what you can do is alternate weekly with deadlifts and replace them with heavy shrugs

thanks man