PDA

View Full Version : What to do?

FarBeyondDriven
07-10-09, 12:15 am
I play alot of sport and have had lots of injury problems. Mostly soft tissue groin adn back and because of this i am constantly seeing a sports masseur. She says i am getting too muscular and its getting hard to free up and loosen my tight muscles. She says its like there is golf balls in some muscles the knots are so bad. She is also a qualified personal trainer and is telling me to start doing circuit training 15-20reps and fewer sets per bodypart with much lighter weight instead of what i'm doing at the moment which is 1 bodypart per day monday to friday and hammer that bodypart on its specific day. I don't wanna lose my hard earndd bulk and strength though but i do want to rid myself of these constant soft tissue injuries what do i do?

GJN5002
07-10-09, 12:24 am
Find a certified A.R.T. or gastrons therapist. Similar to sports massage but more aggressive. You may need to just rest the areas for a while. You might be training too frequently, not resting enough, not eating enough etc. Rest will heal a lot of things. Higher reps can help move blood into the area and heal the muscles. I would say take a week or two off then come back and do some moderate weight high rep work with strict form. Get your fish oil in, maybe some animal flex and see what happens.

J-PILE
07-10-09, 1:44 am
http://www.arttherapy.org/

It has a search feature that you can use to find one in your area... I've phenominal things about it.

FarBeyondDriven
07-10-09, 2:39 am
guys this sounds promising but i live in Australia