PDA

View Full Version : chest ideas!!

Kingquads
07-10-09, 1:06 am
i got chest tomomrrow and im still thinking on what i should do, my ears are open to your animal thoughs, (im in a bulk phase currently) i want some drop sets, oh and btw i love dips

thanks animals

MVP
07-10-09, 1:16 am
i got chest tomomrrow and im still thinking on what i should do, my ears are open to your animal thoughs, (im in a bulk phase currently) i want some drop sets, oh and btw i love dips

thanks animals

To develop your chest, the best thing you can do instead of adding in tons of exercises is just to focus on developing your current ones. Focus on developing the flat, incline, and weighted dips and your chest will grow.

Kingquads
07-10-09, 1:25 am
To develop your chest, the best thing you can do instead of adding in tons of exercises is just to focus on developing your current ones. Focus on developing the flat, incline, and weighted dips and your chest will grow.

yea thats what im prolly gonna do, adding some flyes wont hurt right?

J-PILE
07-10-09, 1:26 am
Focus on developing the flat, incline, and weighted dips and your chest will grow.

x2 Stick to the compound movements and you'll progress... Foo-foo exercises are worthless.

MVP
07-10-09, 1:28 am
yea thats what im prolly gonna do, adding some flyes wont hurt right?

They won't negatively impact your gains but they'll achieve nothing that benches won't.

Kingquads
07-10-09, 1:40 am
They won't negatively impact your gains but they'll achieve nothing that benches won't.

i know i know, well of course im doing my presses and dips first then flyes to finish things off, im not sure if i should start out with flat or incline, i always start with incline

Kingquads
07-10-09, 1:49 am
might do what arnold did just for fun

bench press
incline bench press
dumbbell fly
dumbbell pullover
dips

J-PILE
07-10-09, 1:51 am
i know i know, well of course im doing my presses and dips first then flyes to finish things off, im not sure if i should start out with flat or incline, i always start with incline

You should change it up from time to time. If you are always doing flat and incline bench, then switch to decline press and incline db's. You need variety to improve.

Kingquads
07-10-09, 1:55 am
You should change it up from time to time. If you are always doing flat and incline bench, then switch to decline press and incline db's. You need variety to improve.

yea i know what ya mean, a few weeks ago i started doing incline barbell presses first and my chest grew fast, but it finnally stopped this week so i gota change things up

MVP
07-10-09, 2:49 am

I think what you're saying is, when you plateau changing the variation can be beneficial, if that's the case then I agree.

Muscleguy93
07-10-09, 10:40 am
ya bro flys wont hurt you, but if your one of those people that grow fast with flys then go for it. Idk, benchpress/incline is the cake and flys/crossovers are the icing.

goodluck.

Kingquads
07-10-09, 5:43 pm
woke up late............son of a *****!! might either double up on chest and back tomomrrow or something, might go to the gym at night but.....idk

Littlefry
07-10-09, 6:34 pm
woke up late............son of a *****!! might either double up on chest and back tomomrrow or something, might go to the gym at night but.....idk

Woke up late thats no excuse or very animal like....haha hit it hard tommorrow bud.

Kingquads
07-10-09, 6:38 pm
Woke up late thats no excuse or very animal like....haha hit it hard tommorrow bud.

i can easily go workout right now but id just be a pissy and grumpy during my workout, i just dont like waisting my workouts

MojoMike36
07-11-09, 12:00 am
-BB Incline Bench super set w/ Incline DB Fly
-Parallel bench dips -> Hi Cable Fly -> Weighted Dips

Then a few sets of basic benching.

prowrestler
07-11-09, 12:05 am
might do what arnold did just for fun

bench press
incline bench press
dumbbell fly
dumbbell pullover
dips

imo, u should never train somethin..."just for fun". everythin should have its own purpose

Kingquads
07-11-09, 1:09 am
imo, u should never train somethin..."just for fun". everythin should have its own purpose

i hate doing the same thing over and over especially if it doesnt even work, lifting should be fun

prowrestler
07-11-09, 1:35 am
i hate doing the same thing over and over especially if it doesnt even work, lifting should be fun

nothins more fun then makeing progress.

find a good routine/plan and hold on for all its worth. let the "fun" part be settins prs weekly

Kingquads
07-19-09, 3:09 am
hey is this too much for chest

incline bench press 2 working sets of 6-10
incline dumbbell press 2 working sets of 8-10
dumbbell bench press 2 working sets of 8-10
weighed dips 2 working sets of 6-10
hammer strength bench press 1 working set of 8-10
cable crossovers 1 working set of 10-15 + 1 drop set of 10-15

PancakeOfDoom
07-19-09, 3:23 am
hey is this too much for chest

incline bench press 2 working sets of 6-10
incline dumbbell press 2 working sets of 8-10
dumbbell bench press 2 working sets of 8-10
weighed dips 2 working sets of 6-10
hammer strength bench press 1 working set of 8-10
cable crossovers 1 working set of 10-15 + 1 drop set of 10-15

eh, depends. its sitting right at 11 sets, which isn't bad, try maybre a decline db press instead of doing incline bb and then hoppin straight into incline db. get 3 angles instead of 2.

anyways, i've been trying decline db and cable flies for the past couple of workouts at the end after my presses and to be honest... it has torn my shit up.

my chest day is usually:
5x5 bb bench
2 sets incline db press
1 set decline db press
1 set decline flies
1 set dips

been workin out well when i actually remember to stick to it.

Kingquads
07-19-09, 3:46 am
eh, depends. its sitting right at 11 sets, which isn't bad, try maybre a decline db press instead of doing incline bb and then hoppin straight into incline db. get 3 angles instead of 2.

anyways, i've been trying decline db and cable flies for the past couple of workouts at the end after my presses and to be honest... it has torn my shit up.

my chest day is usually:
5x5 bb bench
2 sets incline db press
1 set decline db press
1 set decline flies
1 set dips

been workin out well when i actually remember to stick to it.

idk ive always hated doing decline presses or flys lol, but thanks for the ideas bro

npeezy
07-19-09, 8:32 am
try this.....is sucks and is awesome at the same time lol.....i did it last week and i was completely sore from shoulder to shoulder neck to abs lol..

Flat bb press superset with incline db press superset with pec deck

4 rotations.

flat bb press - 6-10 reps
incline db press - 10-12 reps
fly - 12-15 reps

have fun :)

Kingquads
07-19-09, 4:15 pm
try this.....is sucks and is awesome at the same time lol.....i did it last week and i was completely sore from shoulder to shoulder neck to abs lol..

Flat bb press superset with incline db press superset with pec deck

4 rotations.

flat bb press - 6-10 reps
incline db press - 10-12 reps
fly - 12-15 reps

have fun :)

i would love to try that but my gym is wack....if i leave my bench someone will take it lol

i might keep it simple like this

bench press
incline dumbbell press
weighed dips

or something like this

incline bench press
incline dumbbell press
flat dumbbell press
weighed dips
dumbbell pullover
flys

orrrrr something like this

incline bench press
bench press
weighed dips
dumbbell pullover
pec deck or cable crossovers (optional)

Muscleguy93
07-20-09, 12:26 pm
i would love to try that but my gym is wack....if i leave my bench someone will take it lol

i might keep it simple like this

bench press
incline dumbbell press
weighed dips

or something like this

incline bench press
incline dumbbell press
flat dumbbell press
weighed dips
dumbbell pullover
flys

orrrrr something like this

incline bench press
bench press
weighed dips
dumbbell pullover
pec deck or cable crossovers (optional)

incline BB
Flat BB
Dips
flys

perfect routine.

mritter3
07-20-09, 12:39 pm
for a solid chest day, keep it simple, if your on a bulk, keep it heavy, for example....

incline bb press working sets 2x6-8
db press--2x6-8
incline flyes--2x10
decline bb or db press 2x10
finish off with either dips or cable crossovers....but too much is just overkill and you wont respond, you may have a nice pump, but as far as growth is concerned....forget about it.

Kingquads
07-20-09, 4:45 pm
yea i think im gonna keep it simple because im training delts with my chest now

so prolly something like this

incline bench press
bench press
dumbbell pullover
dips

behind the neck press
military press
bent over lats supserset w/ side lats

might add in some incline flys but idk might be just too much

MVP
07-20-09, 5:17 pm

incline bench press
bench press
dumbbell pullover
dips

behind the neck press
military press

Behind the neck presses can damage your rotator cuffs.

Kingquads
07-20-09, 6:14 pm

i go light with those, usually around 8-12 with super strict form

whosnexttt
07-20-09, 11:09 pm

incline bench press
bench press
dumbbell pullover
dips

behind the neck press
military press

looks good i'd add in some heavy incline flys, those made my chest grow like crazy when i first started

Shamus11B
07-21-09, 5:27 am

Explain to me how these will damage your rotator cuffs when the position where the bar stops at is higher up than where the bar sits when squatting? Also with strict form how would these damage your rotator cuffs?

MVP
07-21-09, 3:38 pm
Explain to me how these will damage your rotator cuffs when the position where the bar stops at is higher up than where the bar sits when squatting? Also with strict form how would these damage your rotator cuffs?

It is an unnatural movements. Behind the neck movements have a history of damaging rotator cuffs. You don't push the weight up when squatting with the weight behind your neck, you only let it set on your back and traps, you're not using your shoulders to move the weight around, big difference.

Shamus11B
07-21-09, 5:57 pm
It is an unnatural movements. Behind the neck movements have a history of damaging rotator cuffs. You don't push the weight up when squatting with the weight behind your neck, you only let it set on your back and traps, you're not using your shoulders to move the weight around, big difference.

I still dont see how its unnatural. My sports medicine doctor actually recommended strict behind the neck presses for my shoulder seperation rehab, after three weeks of stabalizing exercises. Kind of like the second step in recovery.

MVP
07-21-09, 6:09 pm
I still dont see how its unnatural. My sports medicine doctor actually recommended strict behind the neck presses for my shoulder seperation rehab, after three weeks of stabalizing exercises. Kind of like the second step in recovery.

Your shoulders prime function is infront pushing and pulling, and overhead pushing and pulling, not behind the neck.

Physicians are physicians. They do surgeries and etc, some of them are even good at that. But they are not strength coaches and trainers. They don't recommend people squat and deadlift because they believe it's bad for the knees.

If that's what he recommended do it, but they are still hard on the rotator cuffs.