PDA

View Full Version : The best Italian dressing EVER!

Hercules
07-11-09, 10:03 am
This stuff is great. It has nothing but good, healthy fats and great flavor.

-4oz Balsalmic vinegar
-1 Tbsp Splenda
-2 pressed fresh garlic cloves
-1 tsp Italian seasoning
-couple dashes of onion powder
-couple dashes of sea salt
-6 to 7oz extra virgin olive oil
**Combine the ingredients in a shaker cup (like the one you mix protein shakes in). Shake and serve.

You can substitute white or red wine vinegar for the balsalmic. You can also use basil and oregano instead of the Italian seasoning.

This dressing goes great on baby spinach or spring mix salad wth a little parmesan cheese sprinkled on top. I also cut up grilled chicken breasts into a bowl, pour some of this dressing on top, and top it off with some parmesan cheese - it's absolutely amazing.

Pizzalamp
07-11-09, 10:20 am
this looks GREAT

thanks

Vinny G
07-11-09, 10:29 am
This stuff is great. It has nothing but good, healthy fats and great flavor.

-4oz Balsalmic vinegar
-1 Tbsp Splenda
-2 pressed fresh garlic cloves
-1 tsp Italian seasoning
-couple dashes of onion powder
-couple dashes of sea salt
-6 to 7oz extra virgin olive oil
**Combine the ingredients in a shaker cup (like the one you mix protein shakes in). Shake and serve.

You can substitute white or red wine vinegar for the balsalmic. You can also use basil and oregano instead of the Italian seasoning.

This dressing goes great on baby spinach or spring mix salad wth a little parmesan cheese sprinkled on top. I also cut up grilled chicken breasts into a bowl, pour some of this dressing on top, and top it off with some parmesan cheese - it's absolutely amazing.

sounds good, let your flank steak or chick marinate a few hours in that....should be good on the grill.

GJN5002
07-11-09, 10:51 am
I always buy Newmans own olive oil and vinegar, but this sounds awesome

Pizzalamp
07-11-09, 9:32 pm
i just tried this

its amazing

Hercules
07-12-09, 12:01 am
i just tried this

its amazing

I wouldn't lie to you, brother. Glad you enjoyed it.

Ironjaw
07-12-09, 12:27 am
sounds good, let your flank steak or chick marinate a few hours in that....should be good on the grill.

MMMMMM Flank steak......... now thats what im talking about lol

Firefist
07-12-09, 12:33 pm
i love me some flank steak. Id eat it over filet anyday, no lie.

that dressing sounds ace right now. ima try to find some of the ingredients around here. THANKS!!! gonna copy and paste into a word doc right now haha.