PDA

View Full Version : The bumps in the road

Mr.Chaos
07-11-09, 6:00 pm
Last night was crazy. I sat in the same grim colored gym that I spend most of my spare time in, on the same bench under the same bar. I didnt realize I was on to something untill I felt the familiar stress that comes from the push we have all experienced under various weight. It was heavy on my mind, as if I was run over by a fricken bulldozer. I happen to be one of the little guys in this game. I push hard, I eat as much as I humanly can, I supplement the right way and I have experimented with supplements I dare not mention. The disappointment in stepping on the scale only to see it teeter at 190 week in and week out, had gotten to the point of disapointment in myself.

None the less I have always stayed in the game. I have always continued to switch up the routines and pound away at the daunting task we have chosen to undergo.

It became clear to me, on that bench, in the same grim colored gym I always go to, that it was a matter of heart and moral fortitude. See, I may not be the biggest guy, I may not be the power house I one day hope to be, but it came down to the hustle. The willingness to torture myself day in and day out in hopes of becoming something greater than myself.

This is what it is all about. It is about pursuing something relentlessly so we never have to live amongst the timid and weak souls who never pushed beyond their modern comforts to find the animal in themselves.

Some how this state of mind I had found renewed me. It changed the oil in this beat up chevy, gave it a nice polish. I started my engine once again, and roared down this highway of Iron insanity. Thank god for the game we play.

Gaoshang Xiongshou
07-11-09, 8:30 pm
Yeah, brother, I hear that loud and clear. Keep at it... the road will smooth out soon enough.

andrewT
07-12-09, 4:58 pm
keep working, you will achieve!

btw CHEVY rules!