PDA

View Full Version : AlphaBrass gets Biggie-sized with Pump/Stak/M-Stak

AlphaBrass01
07-12-09, 10:25 am
Alright, this is my first time using multiple Universal supps. I've used Natural Sterol Complex before and tried some others, but after losing a ton of weight and getting into what most people would call decent shape, I really want to get big and strong, so I've been trying some different products to help that along (combined with diet and a good workout program, of course).

Today I started a stack consisting of Pump, Stak, and M-Stak. I work out first thing in the morning, so I'm getting up, eating a very small meal (just to get myself going), and then taking Stak (about 45 minutes pre-workout), fixing lunch to bring to work (during the week, or checking email and such on the weekend), taking Pump (about 30 minutes pre-workout), then getting ready and heading to the gym. I'll be taking M-Stak around lunch time (5-6 hours after working out). I'm also using a multi-vitamin, intra- and post-workout supps, and protein that I've found to be my favorites.

I can't say anything about M-Stak yet, since I haven't even had a chance to take it (not lunch time yet!). I'll comment a little bit on my initial feelings about the others. You should know that today was an endurance/cardio day for me, so there wasn't any lifting involved, but to me the week begins on Sunday, so that's always when I start my cycles. I actually felt that it let me get a great read on the energy factor. I've tried several pre-workout supps, and had varying amounts of success. There is one in particular that I like A LOT, but with this first dose of Pump, I think it may have a competitor. I know that most say the real Pump impact doesn't kick in for a couple weeks, but the way the energy hit today - smooth and sustained - was great for a long cardio session. An explosion of energy feels great, but it always seems to dissipate quickly as well, and in the worst cases, "crash," as I'm sure most have experienced. This didn't happen this morning, and an hour after finishing 6.32 miles, I'm still energized. Also, though I didn't lift this morning, my arms are very vascular, especially for a cardio day, and especially for this long after the workout. I'm guessing this could be from the combination of the pump complexes in both Stak and Pump. Either way, I like it, and I can't wait to see what it does tomorrow when I work chest, calves, and abs.

I'm looking forward to seeing what happens with my appetite and gains with M-Stak as well as strength with Stak. Let me know if there are any questions you have, as I'm very interested in any feedback from all of you guys on here, since compared to a lot of you, I'm still new to all of this!

Iceiktitan
07-12-09, 10:52 am
Welcome aboard bro. It's always nice to see a new face around here. Only two questions for ya...

I know m-stak has stimulants in it as well as pump. Do you take the little red pill out or take both products stimulants? I am only asking because unless you have a high tolerance to caffeine you might be going a bit overboard.

Are you ready to do work?.........

AlphaBrass01
07-12-09, 11:14 am
I'm keeping the red pill with Pump for pre-workout energy, but I'm thinking about taking it out of M-Stak. I do have a pretty high tolerance for caffeine, so I may try it with both once or twice, since they'll be spread out by hours, to see how it feels.

And to answer your last question - oh yeah! I don't see the point of doing something if you're not willing to push for it, so I'm definitely ready to work. I know that will be the basis for any gains I make - the supps will just give it a bit of a boost.

AlphaBrass01
07-13-09, 7:16 am
So today I got to feel Pump and Stak on a non-cardio day - it was chest, calves, and abs. During my first warm-up sets and as I started up, I was feeling disappointed, because there wasn't that "yes, I'm working" rush of energy that comes from most powdered pre-workout supps I've tried. Then I started realizing that I did have the energy...it was just less of a "pop" and more of a "release," if that makes any sense at all. It lasted through my workout, and felt pretty good.

Pump was another story. I noticed from the beginning of the workout that this was one of the better pump feelings I've had during a training session. That was great!

On a side note, does anyone have any tips on how to REALLY focus the force on the abs while doing decline crunches, taking it out of the thighs and lower back?

CuttDeez
07-13-09, 7:56 am
So today I got to feel Pump and Stak on a non-cardio day - it was chest, calves, and abs. During my first warm-up sets and as I started up, I was feeling disappointed, because there wasn't that "yes, I'm working" rush of energy that comes from most powdered pre-workout supps I've tried. Then I started realizing that I did have the energy...it was just less of a "pop" and more of a "release," if that makes any sense at all. It lasted through my workout, and felt pretty good.

Pump was another story. I noticed from the beginning of the workout that this was one of the better pump feelings I've had during a training session. That was great!

On a side note, does anyone have any tips on how to REALLY focus the force on the abs while doing decline crunches, taking it out of the thighs and lower back?

Keep up the good work! In terms of decline crunches and abb focus you are going to be hard pressed not to cheat with your legs in that position. When the muscle is fired up trying to keep you hanging there you wont be able to tell it not to work. I would try other exercises without the legs being so involved.

AlphaBrass01
07-13-09, 9:48 pm
Thanks. That's pretty much what I figured, but there are a lot of people on here with a lot more experience than me, so I thought I'd take advantage of that and ask anyway. I find that one that really gets it done is doing short crunches with my legs on a balance ball. It lets me force my lower back to stay flat on the ground, which really increases the tension in my abs. I've been trying to find an extra "unweighted" exercise for abs that doesn't kill my legs, like hanging knee lifts do, and the decline crunch has been on trial. I am open to other suggestions!

AlphaBrass01
07-14-09, 8:52 pm
I didn't have time to post this morning before work, but today was quads day. I definitely felt good during the workout. It was the first time I felt really confident through sets of squats at 245. The weird thing about the smooth energy in Animal Pump is that I don't really feel when it "kicks in." I just realize at some point that I'm really energized. It's interesting.

I'm also liking M-Stak. It's too early to comment on any size gain, but it has increased my appetite a bit. Also, I tried leaving the red pill in it this afternoon. I had been getting a bit tired at work, where it's a little tougher to focus intently, and that let me push through the rest of the day really well!

Tomorrow is arms, so I'll definitely get a feel for how the pump from Pump/Stak works for me!

AlphaBrass01
07-15-09, 7:16 am
First arm day on this stack, and it felt good. I've noticed that Pump doesn't provide as much vascularity during the actual workout as some of the other supps I've used, but the vascularity sticks around MUCH longer. Just an interesting note.

AlphaBrass01
07-17-09, 7:22 am
Alright, today was hamstrings, back, and calves. For some reason, it's my least favorite part of my split. I will say that I feel stronger throughout the workout than I have on other supps, and this session really let me see that. To clarify what I mean, I feel less fatigue from the first set to the last set of a muscle group. I have used natural test boosters a couple of times, but they didn't give me this kind of strength addition, like it seems Stak is. It's going well so far.

One complaint - about thirty minutes after taking Pump, my stomach feels a little torn up, but it goes away in two or three minutes.

AlphaBrass01
07-18-09, 1:39 pm
Today felt really good, and shoulder/trap days are always a tough (but enjoyable) push for me, especially since I feel like I have a harder time making good progress with the shoulders and delts than with most other groups. I think I'm feeling a little bit more pump from...well...Pump...now on day 7. I'm really liking M-Stak in the afternoon. Even without the stim pill, it's a great pick-me-up. With it, it's awesome.

AlphaBrass01
07-23-09, 7:50 pm
I haven't updated in a few days, so I'll add here.

I made some good progress in the way of adding weight to my lifts this week. The only muscle group that didn't take on some additional weight was the chest, but for good reason. I felt like I was letting form suffer a bit, so I focused on lifting better, not heavier this week, and made sure to do it correctly.

I am noticing a longer lasting pump and focus during and after training on this stack. Also, whether it's for real or not, I "feel" more powerful out there. I am also noticing a little bit of a reduction in DOMS. I was hoping for this a bit, as I had previously been on a different supp that did a GREAT job with this, and it was rough cycling off. I am really enjoying this stack so far.

I will say that the energy from Pump effects me in a way that's different from the other pre-workout formulas I've tried, as I stated earlier in the thread. I really like it.

I think it's still a little too soon to tell much about mass gains, but I know I haven't gained fat, and I feel like I look a bit thicker.

Anyway, tonight I feel stuffed, as I just ate one of the junkiest meals I've had in about a year. It was actually my first time eating potato chips since 2007! It feels horrible, in a way, but great in another. I'm counting on my drive at the gym to counter whatever damage it could do, with an assist from the nutrient partitioning in M-Stak!