PDA

View Full Version : forearm/bicep?

nofear
07-12-09, 1:15 pm
my forearms are always seeming to grow faster than my biceps, no matter how hard i work my biceps. i work as a mechanic, which im sure has some to do with it. what could i do to help my biceps catch up? thanks

eclipsegsx102
07-12-09, 1:25 pm
what exercises are you doing for biceps? Try to stick with the straight bar for curls.

nofear
07-12-09, 1:46 pm
i do preacher curls, straight bar, concentration curls

Kingquads
07-12-09, 3:40 pm
i do preacher curls, straight bar, concentration curls

for your first exercise do your mass building moves like a barbell curl or dumbbell curl, then do a pump movement like preacher curls then finish off with a stretching movement like incline curls, that will get them growing, you can add in some close grip chin ups too, those get them pretty good, but biceps wont be growing without heavy curls

newbreed
07-16-09, 12:49 pm
for your first exercise do your mass building moves like a barbell curl or dumbbell curl, then do a pump movement like preacher curls then finish off with a stretching movement like incline curls, that will get them growing, you can add in some close grip chin ups too, those get them pretty good, but biceps wont be growing without heavy curls

That and I would honestly use wrist wraps as well while doing biceps so your forearms don't get pumped and it's mainly your biceps working as opposed to the forearms working with them.

prowrestler
07-16-09, 2:09 pm
my forearms are always seeming to grow faster than my biceps, no matter how hard i work my biceps. i work as a mechanic, which im sure has some to do with it. what could i do to help my biceps catch up? thanks

how big are your upper arm and forearms?

how long have you been training?

what did they measure when you started?

CuttDeez
07-16-09, 2:12 pm
I wish I had this problem my forearms are some pussy shit

BryanSmash!
07-16-09, 2:25 pm
Hitch your wrists back (get the top of your hand as close to your forearm as you can) when you do barbell curls.