PDA

View Full Version : Keto Question

rippedC
07-14-09, 7:41 pm
please i need help on this

when following a keto diet when can i have my high carb days? it says to have 1-2 high carb,

how bout like this?

mon- regular keto diet
tues- reg keto
wed- high carb
thur- reg keto
fri-reg keto
sat- reg keto
sun- high carb

rippedC
07-14-09, 7:49 pm
heres my keto diet

9:00 AM

2 whole eggs
1 or 2 slices of bacon or breakfast sasuage
1 serv peanut butter

11:00 AM

1 can of tuna
chicken breast or steak

1:00 PM (post workout)

chicken or steak or fish
white rice

3:00 PM

fish
salad

5:00 PM

peanut butter
cottage cheese

7:00 PM

steak or fish or chicken

9:00 PM

peanut butter
cottage cheese

if still awake same meal as 9:00

should i still get in sugar post workout??

GJN5002
07-14-09, 10:55 pm
youre all mixed up bro. No high carb days at all on keto. You get one cheat meal a week and thats it. other than that no carbs at all.

rippedC
07-14-09, 10:59 pm
youre all mixed up bro. No high carb days at all on keto. You get one cheat meal a week and thats it. other than that no carbs at all.

alright thanks bro, gota ask these questions to succeed!!

MVP
07-15-09, 12:01 am

No he's right - there is the CKD and the TKD, the CKD has like two carb up days, or it might me one.

IronWilson
07-15-09, 12:03 am
If you're on keto, why do you have white rice pwo? To answer your question, you don't really NEED the insulin spike when it comes to fat loss, especially on keto.

GJN5002
07-15-09, 12:10 am
alright thanks bro, gota ask these questions to succeed!!

no problem , check out the keto diet thread and read through it, let me know if you need help designing a diet

No he's right - there is the CKD and the TKD, the CKD has like two carb up days, or it might me one.

true keto diet doesnt have carb up days, as for ckd, thats what im doing now and i generaly have one carb up day.

MVP
07-15-09, 12:14 am
true keto diet doesnt have carb up days, as for ckd, thats what im doing now and i generaly have one carb up day.

How do you feel about the carb day? Do you think it helps or makes cutting harder?

I'm going on the keto pretty soon, I'm considering adding a dozen eggs per day.

rippedC
07-15-09, 2:31 am
How do you feel about the carb day? Do you think it helps or makes cutting harder?

before you do read this

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=22865

MVP
07-15-09, 3:09 am
before you do read this

I don't agree with that. The keto diet isn't for bodybuilders looking to compete, it's for people who believe they are obese.

http://www.discussbodybuilding.com/why-you-should-be-on-keto-m461302.aspx

Look at that thread, those guys are about 190lbs and 6% bodyfat.

GJN5002
07-15-09, 10:20 am

For true keto (palumbo keto, very strict) 1 cheat meal works best. If you want to do CKD or the anabolic diet, start out with one carb up day if youre bf is a little higher. I started at about 18-19% bf (let myself go crazy last bulk haha) and now that Im down around 12% I do 2 carb up days. I generally eat 4-8 eggs a day (whole)

before you do read this

I get G's point but keto is not dangerous or extreme in my opinion

[QUOTE=MVP;758175]I don't agree with that. The keto diet isn't for bodybuilders looking to compete, it's for people who believe they are obese.

QUOTE]

Keto can be used for competition or for obesity. Many times morbidly obese people are people on very low carb diets. Before insulin could be manufactured a keto diet was the only treatment for diabetes.

krazyassmexican
07-15-09, 10:54 am
before you do read this

I don't agree with that. The keto diet isn't for bodybuilders looking to compete, it's for people who believe they are obese.

http://www.discussbodybuilding.com/why-you-should-be-on-keto-m461302.aspx

Look at that thread, those guys are about 190lbs and 6% bodyfat.

i dont agree with both of you neither g diesel

i dont see how a ketogenic diet can be bad for any "teenager"

and i still dont see how a ketogenic diet can make you lose muscle, this is all i gotta say and i wont participate in any future discussion over this diet until all parts are threated equally

IronWilson
07-15-09, 2:09 pm
Keto works.... that simple....

But if you haven't tried other methods of dieting, perhaps you should. The thing is with dieting in general, you have to learn your body. When people follow these cookie-cutter diets (such as the Palumbo diet.) without first figuring out their macros, not only does it not work as well but the people that do it learn absolutely nothing about their bodies.

Learning about your body and what works best for it is an essential part of bodybuilding that is often overlooked. That is all G Diesel is trying to tell everyone. Sure, everyone doing the keto diet is what sparked it. And he's right too... If you have hopes of succeeding in bodybuilding, you shouldn't be dieting if you are 150 lbs just so you can look good for the girls on the beach.

That said, some people need to cut before they bulk if they are obese. If you gain more fat on top of obesity, you make your body better at storing fat because fat cells don't disappear, they just shrink.

I think some people take what people say about certain diets around here much too personally. Keto is the diet for me, but I don't think it is for everyone, nor do I think G Diesel was attacking it with what he said. To paraphrase what I got out of his post, he was merely saying not to be a follower and jump on the bandwagon, and most of all to be patient. He is not saying to avoid Keto diets, just take whatever you read from one person with a grain of salt.

Not all of us are trying to step on stage. I will readily admit that I bulk in the winter and cut in the summer because I have no intention of competing. But if you have hopes of competing, heed the advice that you should not be overly concerned with looking good until you have a respectable base built.

And I agree that there is a certain extent of separation on this forum, where some people are pro-carbs and then theres the Keto Klub, lol.

GJN5002
07-15-09, 3:43 pm
good post IronWilson. I think many people need to focus more on changing the way they eat overall rather than always focusing on extremes. Eat right and healthy all year round and you wont need to cut a ton of weight or gain a ton. We are either starving ourselves or gorging ourselves.

MVP
07-15-09, 4:13 pm
i dont agree with both of you neither g diesel

i dont see how a ketogenic diet can be bad for any "teenager"

and i still dont see how a ketogenic diet can make you lose muscle, this is all i gotta say and i wont participate in any future discussion over this diet until all parts are threated equally

I agree with this.

adidas
07-27-09, 2:04 pm

No high carb DAYS at all? are you talking about Palumbo keto or basic keto diets here. Because a typical keto diet allows for a 2 day carb up. typically on friday night (after a full body work out in an attempt to strip out what little glycogen is left in the muscles) with a full refeed saturday of high-carb, low-fat intake. Now Palumbo's diet may only call for 1 cheat MEAL a week, but that I do not know as i don't follow it.

GJN5002
07-27-09, 4:13 pm
No high carb DAYS at all? are you talking about Palumbo keto or basic keto diets here. Because a typical keto diet allows for a 2 day carb up. typically on friday night (after a full body work out in an attempt to strip out what little glycogen is left in the muscles) with a full refeed saturday of high-carb, low-fat intake. Now Palumbo's diet may only call for 1 cheat MEAL a week, but that I do not know as i don't follow it.

what exactly is a typical keto diet? seems like an entire day refeed would be detrimental to a keto diet unless your bf is very low.